• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Monetary status past lives?

Monetary status past lives?

• Rich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

• Middle Class

• Rags to Riches

• Riches to Rags

• Total voters

TheCuriousOne

Always Searching...
I want to see if most people have been rich or poor or middle class in a past life, and if there are patterns?

I also want to know what your personality was like in each instance. For example, in lives where I am poor, I am playful, happy, and childlike. In lives where I am rich, I am somber, calm, and mature.

EDIT When you vote, use a collective, like if you have more poor lives than rich, you vote for "poor".

I have often wondered about monetary position in my past lives too. During the First Crusades I was decked out as a knight, therefore my family had to have been extremely wealthy, probably close to what we may conceive as millionaires today. During the Siege of Jerusalem (1099AD) I had no urge to go looting like my fellow crusaders and this may be because I had knowledge that my family was wealthy so why should I pursue looting? I was the commanding officer of an Austrian foot regiment during the 7 Years War, and since commissions were usually purchased in that period, I may have been from a wealthy family. However, I have no real memory of wealth in any of my past lives, but that is may be due to me being quite young when I died -- I may have been from a wealthy family, but I never had a chance to explore what my wealth really meant or what I could do with it.

During WWI I was a junior officer in the British army, so I was probably middle class. Same can be said for serving in the US Air Corps in WWII, I was an average Joe pilot -- that could have been more skill than class privilege, but it still showed I had an education. During the late medieval period I was a sailor, so I was probably poor (I was barefoot, but then so were all sailors during the period). Just before the American Civil War I was a young clerk, so I was probably middle class, but I could have been from a wealthy family because I was educated -- I seem to recall my family was not poor but owned a house in a town or city. In the 1790s I lived in a small frontier village in the Ohio or Wisconsin region, so we were probably not rich, as we had a house and lived off the land to a large degree -- no telling if that was a rich or poor live style.

I have never had a drive toward gaining wealth so I doubt if wealth was of interest in my more recent past lives anymore than it is in my present life.

If I had to guess, I'd say I am middle road between being rich and poor. I have no memories of being destitute and poor. Perhaps we just never knew how poor we were? In my present life, I am from a middle class family, which is of the middle road.

Hi PastPilot.

I have the same thought. I think we may have an even number of rich and poor lives, in various countries, as part of how our spirit learns individual lessons. Being poor in the US is different from being poor in India, for instance.

I'm also from the West Coast and I agree with you about winter being an illusion and spring starting in February. It's only April and already it feels like July! LOL

PL just before this one was more middle class to riches, but it wasn't worth it. I didn't care about the money anyway, I had all I needed. A sudden burst of large sums of money is always bad news, I feel...

TheCuriousOne said:
I'm also from the West Coast and I agree with you about winter being an illusion and spring starting in February. It's only April and already it feels like July! LOL
I live in the Central Valley. You think it feels like July already? Just wait. 105+ is just around the corner. LOL

I only remember my two immediate past lives with any sense of certainty. One I was a poor young English farm boy who went off to fight in the Great War. The life previous to this one I was a young woman born into a very well off family in the 50's and 60's. I remember traveling a bit, shopping, and private schools. I get flashes going back further, but those just get weird. As I mentioned on another post it's not on Earth, but another world. That one I was on an equivalent of a farm, but I was well educated and talented. In that culture farming wasn't associated with low economic status.

I chose middle class, because I think it fitted the closest.

My immediate past life (1900s) was poor and I was serious and unhappy due to loss and grief caused by the wars.

A life in 1700-1800s, where I was respected and middle class (a vicar's daughter I think) and I was happy and playful and romantic and hopeful.

In the 1500s I had a good name, but the family fortune was fading. I longed for dances and adventure, but was forced to be serious and restrained so as not to damage our family name, because it was all we had. I died very young, trying to impress my father and improve our fortunes on the battlefield. I felt cheated, like I'd wasted that life in servitude.

Middle Class

I am voting middle class, to cover what I am aware of. I think Middle Class/Poor may be close to a tie, with the possibility of more poor lives...but since I also remember one-two rich lives, I'll have to go with Middle Class.

As far as personalities in these lives...I don't have detailed memories, but this is what I think...

I think there is a lot of variation. I think I was a knight in a couple of medieval/renaissance lives...and my attraction to those lives is very high...Don't know if I was necessarily mostly happy, but I have a strong emotional pull to those memories. I had a life as a wine merchant in Turkey (could be in 8th or 9th c. or a bit earlier even). I feel I was poor, and not so happy in that life. My life as a little Welsh girl in late 18th c or early 19th c....my family were farmers, I think. I feel drawn to this life, as well, and feel happy, overall. My feeling is I died young, as I can't link any memories of being older in that life. I had lives as prostitutes/mistresses...mixed bag, there. I think I was an artist's model/mistress (so, not necessarily a rich mistress. I feel that even though they were probably overall bad lives, I have some happy memories.

Batgeek, part of your post reminded me of my own past life in Russia in the 60s. I belonged to a wealthy family. (Though I'm not too sure of the authenticity of this life as it came to me in my very second regression and some of the parts, like my name, felt forced)

In my African life, I was rich for the times. But rich was in animal skins and jewelery. Not what we think of in today's time.

In my saloon girl life I think I came from humble beginnings but then headed out West and became wealthy or atleast had wealthy patrons that were able to provide for me.

I was a very poor orphan in England who died of starvation.

In this life I came from a middle class family but my parents never bought me anything. I almost was like a poor child. Now however I have a good income and good job and money just doesn't matter much to me at this point. I just want to be comfortable.

Honestly I would say I was a hardworking poor person

This is interesting because I really had a hard time trying to choose. It simply isn't that straightforward.

On my own I was generally born poor, though in one life I was the son of nobility who had lost all their money, leaving me to use my education to make a stable income. The thing is, in most of the lives I remember in more detail, I ended up serving/being adopted by the "elite" in some way, which means my dress and surroundings were finer than my true social status or income.

Back