• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Movies that resonate with you.

Ehrenbreitstein

I saw an amazing movie that really resonated with me on a deep spiritual and emotional past life level and I wanted to share. I encourage others to do the same with movies that resonate with them in the same way.

Resistance

This film is breathtaking and beautiful with gorgeous scenery, cinematography, acting, and story line. It is a film that DEEPLY touches the heart.

The premise is that the D-Day invasion has failed and that Nazi Germany is in the process of occupying Britain and the war will be over soon. The title resistance refers more to the resistance people go through in their hearts to both external and internal changes.

A small group of German soldiers are sent on a mission to a secluded Welsh valley to look for a piece of medieval artwork reported to be there. This valley is extremely small with only a couple of farms on it. Meanwhile, all the husbands of the women there have disappeared to participate in an insurgency.

One of the main characters of the movie is the German Captain Albrecht. He notifies the women of the valley that his men will be posted there for a couple of weeks. He tries at first to find out where all the men went, but soon abandons that pursuit.

The main female character is farm wife Sarah, who feels extremely hurt and betrayed that her husband left in the middle of the night without saying anything (for her safety), but she also deeply misses him and is scared for both his life and what this means for her future. When the German soldiers show up this makes her feel even more alone and vulnerable.

Sarah and the rest of the women of the valley band together for support because the women feel scared and alone without their husbands and at first they don't want to have anything to do with the German soldiers. But Albrecht and his men are, for the most part, kind and compassionate to the people of the valley and treat them with respect while searching for the lost artifact, which was hidden before the invasion. The woman tell the soldiers they cannot cooperate with the enemy and be collaborators and the soldiers respect their wishes.

Con't.

Soon the harsh winter comes and threatens the livelihoods of the women's farms and the soldiers catch food and start to offer help to the resistant women. When they help the women during a particularly bad storm, they start to come around and accept the help of the German soldiers around their farms who take on the tasks of their missing husbands.

Meanwhile, Albrecht has found the lost artifact but hides the location from both his men and the high command so they can stay there longer. He suffers from PTSD due to his men being killed in the war and also from the death of his wife and child in a bombing raid. The peaceful seclusion of the valley offers him something he has been longing far since the beginning of the war and he will do anything to keep it that way by keeping both the German command out of the picture and by stopping any communication into and out of the valley - his reasoning being that they can wait out the rest of the war in the valley so no more of his men get killed. The acting by Albrecht's actor Tom Wlaschiha is phenomenal and you can really see the pain in his eyes and face and the struggles he goes through, but you can also see his strength as he takes care of his men and his kindness and compassion for the women.

Albrecht develops a subtle relationship with Sarah who is missing her husband and who seems heavily depressed. Their relationship is probably the most interesting part of the film. The other women also develop different relationships with the soldiers as they work around the farm and care for them. The change in the women's attitude is also shown by the soldiers adopting the husbands' farming clothes.

A young boy who never went to the front was instructed before the invasion on how to resist the enemy. He spies on the valley and soon finds a way to interrupt their idyllic lives. I won't give away the ending but the whole movie is very heart-wrenching and you really feel for both the women, the group of soldiers, and the angry boy who wants to do his part in fighting the enemy.

This movie shows the horrors of war very honestly and really explores the nature of human beings and the feelings of love and loss during wartime.

It is not an action movie, but more of a slow character drama. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...219975fa34dabe701d4b0236578b8b9b&action=click

Old thread but interesting. What about your favorite movies, past lives related or not or maybe you don't know the reason yet.
One of my favorite movies for a long time:
The final countdown. I don't know if it's because of the military atmosphere or because of the question, if we could go back to the past and change something.

Old thread but interesting. What about your favorite movies, past lives related or not or maybe you don't know the reason yet.
One of my favorite movies for a long time:
The final countdown. I don't know if it's because of the military atmosphere or because of the question, if we could go back to the past and change something.

Hi, everybody:

A Sci-Fi and war film - Wow !
Just downloaded it in Spanish.
Pity they didn't make this trick for Taranto (Italy) almost exactly one year earlier against what's called sometimes the European Pearl Harbour.

Then maybe I would have survived (in my PL) to discover the WW2 Italy of this film (which I couldn't find anywhere for downloading, only as stream and in Spanish):

Best regards.

Have you watched this one about reincarnation? 1975 movie, The reincarnation of Peter Proud.

Never heard of it. The plot sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing, Emma!

As a kid I was fascinated by the movie "What dreams may come" with Robin Williams. It tells how the afterlife, heaven and hell, are created by our own minds after death. In the end the protagonists are reborn together.

What Dreams May Come is one of my favorites!

While it is about gender ID rather than reincarnation and has nothing to do with my past lives or anything, this movie somehow strikes a chord and makes me think of reincarnation:
(Maybe it's because immortal Orlando, in a way, lives several lives, plays several roles, experiences all kinds of different aspects of life and not only changes his gender during the process.)

Not mentioning the "usual suspects" here, like:
The Matrix
Cloud Atlas
Little Buddha

There was a movie from India about a star ship where the souls go after death before they reincarnate and a guy who was working there, but I forgot how it was named. Was only available in original language with subtitles anyway.

Last edited:

As a kid I was fascinated by the movie "What dreams may come" with Robin Williams. It tells how the afterlife, heaven and hell, are created by our own minds after death. In the end the protagonists are reborn together.

It's only a short video-clip.

Well, a friend just downloaded it for me complete in Greek - will practice my Past-Past-Life language...

Regards.

Never heard of it but great actor.I will try to watch it.
Thanks
Emma

Thank you, Emma,

Just downloaded it in Spanish.

You might be too young to have seen the following before:

Oh yes I have seen Fantômas when I was young, by the way " Forever young" that's also one of my favorites. Not reincarnation related but the story is about a pilot from WW2 who served for military cryogenic experiment . The box is forgotten somewhere and who finally wakes up nowadays. OMG again a soldier and time travel!:)

Last edited:
Filmed in 1977 based on a 1975 book, this is a horror story with reincarnation at it base

Audrey Rose (1977) ORIGINAL TRAILER

Oh yes I have seen Fantômas when I was young, by the way " Forever young" that's also one of my favorites. Not reincarnation related but the story is about a pilot from WW2 who served for military cryogenic experiment . The box is forgotten somewhere and who finally wakes up nowadays. OMG again a soldier and time travel!:)

OMG! Watched this like a hundred times together with my parents when I was a child! We all loved it. And I had totally forgotten about this movie until I saw your post. Brings back childhood memories...

Not mentioning the "usual suspects" here, like:
The Matrix
Cloud Atlas
Little Buddha

Yes, Little Buddha!!! I like that one very much, too! Such a beautiful movie. I don't understand why it gets so bad ratings sometimes. Much underrated IMO.

And Matrix - not because of reincarnation, but one of my all time favorites on so many levels!

Haven't heard of Cloud Atlas, yet. I'll watch it if I can.

Another favorite of mine. Not about reincarnation, but a great classic with a great Michael Douglas, and a not much known movie.

A rich, cold-hearted guy gets a birthday gift from his brother that changes his life and attitude. A life lesson so to speak.

The movie has many twists and surprises. If you haven’t watched it yet, don’t read about it and don’t watch the ending beforehand to avoid spoilers!

Youtube wouldn't let this video play on this website, but here's a link to one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

The movie is House of Flying Daggers. It isn't past life related but the scenes in the film, as well as the more intimate ones between Algren and Taka in The Last Samurai really remind and made me feel what love is like while on the run with a past lover of mine. Perhaps also backed up by the fact both films share similar backgrounds with lovers being from different backgrounds finding a safe space within each other.

I thought nobody knows House of Flying Daggers! It's in my collection of movies, together with Hero and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. They are all awesome and beautiful.

Awe, House of Flying Daggers. Such a sad, yet beautiful movie. I also like "Hero".

It really is a sad film. It always breaks my heart seeing what happens to Zhang Ziyi's character in the end when both lovers had gone out of their way to elope together on a tough road away as fugitives on the run from authorities/clan viewing their love as forbidden. I feel there were similar parallels of one lover dying sooner than the other with that life I speak of if I'm going by hunches.

Hero is also a great film. Loved Maggie Cheung and Zhang's looks in it, as well as the beautiful fight scenes in nature.

I thought nobody knows House of Flying Daggers! It's in my collection of movies, together with Hero and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. They are all awesome and beautiful.

Crouching Tiger, Hero, and Flying Daggers are all great films! Have you ever watched Jackie Chan's The Myth? That's another movie also somewhat similar to Flying Daggers.
I forgot to mention in my original post that film also gave me similar parallels to the whole theme of "lovers on the run".

Last edited:
Hi, folks:

I wouldn't see none of those "beautiful" exotic films like "Flying Daggers" and similar.

The term "beautiful" scares me. Real life is NOT beautiful, it's often ugly and acrid.

Their "beauty", I suspect, might hide their artistic mediocrity, in the best case. I don't abide "exotic" ways to transfer a message: I'm a european by culture, for the best or for the worst, and I prefer to see a film in a way I'm used to, not overcharged with exotic details that only distract my attention from, maybe, something important and not intended by the authors.

They say that once a Turkish astronomer somewhere in the 18-th century, havimg made an important sicentific discovery, tried to make a report on it in a scientific congress somewhere in Europe, but nobody there took his information seriously just because he wore a turkish turban and an oriental gown.

Well, that's how the things are.

It reminds me of the Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Grey", of the people that convert their lives into an incessant contemplation of beauty. Not for me, no sir. I can't contemplate beauty for too long - it tires me.

IMHO.

Best Regards.

P.S. Folkloric dance of ethnic greeks in South-East Italy:

Last edited:
Have you ever watched Jackie Chan's The Myth? That's another movie also somewhat similar to Flying Daggers.
I don’t know this movie yet. I read about it and it sounds like something I might enjoy, so I will watch it. Thank you!

Yyyyessss ! "House of Flying Daggers"

Downloaded it in Greek.

One of the comments said:
"But why is she dying, and dying, and dying... I'm getting sick to see her dying all the time. Let her die at last and leave me in peace !.."

So exotic, I'm permanently at a loss, I don't know how to interpret the simplest words, the simplest gestures...

The attention being so concentratied on the exotic details, one can't understand the film's idea, what's going on...

IMHO

Best Regards.

Well, maybe I shouldn't post this one.

This is a very hard WWII film about an Italian submarine wrecked by British bombs under 110 meters of ocean water and only one person can safely escape the deadly trap. Nothing exotic. Just old PL memories and déjà-vus... To skip.

Best Regards.

Last edited:
One of the comments said:
"But why is she dying, and dying, and dying... I'm getting sick to see her dying all the time. Let her die at last and leave me in peace !.."
😂 LOL So true! I really like tragic stories without a happy ending, but this one felt like three or four unhappy endings.... It was a bit lengthy, tbh, but just a little bit ;)

Just found this calm (focuses on dialog and images rather than a lot of action) science fiction/philosophical (themes like time travel, parallel universes and how we can know that this is real and not just a dream) movie, watched right away and loved it. No idea if it's available in other languages.

Trailer:

Full Movie:

Back