Multiple claimants to the one life.

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Jim78, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

Perhaps it would be a sad thing to ruin someone's image but I think its even sadder to humour a delusion Tanker. Much better to be honest IMO.

Although I haven't engaged with someone claiming one of my past lives directly I have found flaws in people claiming other lives but I find they either retreat or take swipes at my own claims ( no smoking guns just veiled insults ). In my experience people who are delusional tend to remain delusional spite the fallacy in their claim and others pointing it out.

I think its entirely possible to put a stamp of sorts on a claim Scavenger. One wouldn't go so far as saying it was incontrovertibly true but , as Dr Ian Stevenson did, one can say that the most likely possibility is reincarnation.

When one is dealing with a knowledgeable imposter versus a true claimant with blurry memories I'd like to think the blurrier minded would win through. They, after all, are the real deal. One would be witness to someone with historical ignorance confirming and contradicting detail based on memories not simply have constructed a fantasy life based on recorded knowledge. They may not be able to name the battle but they would be able to describe the intent and outcomes behind the tactics because they remember that portion of what they were doing. That's involved detail not merely a hagiography like a knowledgeable false claimant would have. The true claimant saying "I do not remember that time in that life" would not dismiss his claim but a false claiment not being able to convey true nuance of thought and emotion would look very shaky to me.

Hi Jaime. I've found when some claimants lack in detail they are describing compartmentalised claims. Coincidences or birthmarks, psychics or feelings. Many claims seem to lack descriptive and contextualised memories. Also those that do describe character describe so without context. Much like the shallow characterisation of second rate fiction writers as to the actual nuance of character and flaws that a present in a real person. Not every false claim writes like Shakespeare you know? A true claim would have the essence of a lived life and very few authors, the top tier being most prevalent obviously, can create the richness of character of a life lived.

I'm only starting to heal this year after six years in the reincarnation wilderness. Some people just examine their memories, integrate it into themselves so that it can be felt ( after the denial phase ) and then arrive at a point of healing. PL memories are a process. Many don't stick with it and those that do become wiser people. The false claimant, however, are unchanging IMO.

2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

For me, it just doesn't feel right to "claim" something only to find out later that I was wrong. Not so much a problem when I can be sure that a memory has zero connection to any "famous" person or event. "Famous" events are not a problem when they affected millions, like the plague.
    I might have drawn the wrong conclusions already. Or maybe not. Good thing I never "claimed" anything... but I shared memories which lead others to believe they have something in common with me which might or might not be true (nothing "famous" here, just seemed to remember having fought in a war).
    By now I am even very reluctant to share anything only remotely connected to either a "famous" person or an event others remember. I don't want to be an imposter... and I already feel like one.
    I often wish to talk (and confess rather than claim) but can't, because I have trouble to believe in myself and I fear I will have to admit that ALL my memories are fake and that I am just crazy. That, and even worse, I fear I might mislead others into believing what turns out to be no more than my personal delusion.
    AND I have an irrational fear that others may have to pay the price when I say or do something I should not. That very bad things will happen when I talk too much, to my granddaughter or to my cat.

EDIT: Feels relieving that I have been able to phrase that.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Jaimie, tanker and fireflydancing like this.
  3. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

Hi Tanker. I don't particularly consider their feelings no more than a surgeon would consider hurting an unconscious man as he cuts.

No. Its not often that one runs across flaws but it's bound to happen to every other claimant of my pls IMO.

Hi Seeker. I really don't understand doubt about my own memories any more. I possess many of the same attributes as I've experienced with my PL memories. I can see a continuation of my soul expressing itself in the world in all of my memories, past and present. There are differences too but even they indicate growth.

Perhaps because you are so hesitant about opening up about your pl memories you haven't properly integrated them?

I don't fear I will mislead others because this is MY journey. I'm just discovering more and more about myself. My initial reincarnation experience was very personal to me. Accidentally misleading others wasn't even a part of the equation because I was dealing with it alone.

Your memories are yours. All you need to do is explore them.

Jaimie and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  4. Petrichor

Petrichor Senior Member

Personally, I crave to be understood. Not by masses or anything, just the people who are around me. I wish very much that I could present myself in a way that would make them understand me, why I do what I do and am how I am, because from misunderstandings, comes great misfortune sometimes. Sometimes it severes connections, friendships end over misundestandings, and sometimes the results could even be fatal.

So, it's obvious I am sensitive when it comes to being misunderstood and misrepresented. I have reacted strongly, at least internally, when people I know have misrepresented me and told lies about me in this lifetime. It only makes sense to me that I would react the same if someone claimed my past life. I would hate people spreading lies about me. Especially if I did what I did in that past life to leave some kind of a legacy to people who were born after me, and then some people claimed to be me, spreading lies, resulting to that legacy being forgotten. I would hate to be made a symbol of something I'm not and was not because of other claimants to my life or incompetent historians. So, if a famous past life of mine was misrepresented and that misrepresentation was widely believed, then I would feel a pull to correct these lies and be understood by the world, because who would want to see their life's work go to waste?

However, I would not feel this pull so strongly that I would actually attempt to go for correcting these things, at least not in large scale, because the people who would be attacking me wouldn't know they were attacking me, they wouldn't know my current unknown existence, so, it wouldn't feel so urgent to me. Nobody would be threatening my life. If someone found out I was me, then I would certainly feel very attacked and unsafe. Because in a way, in this life I would get to choose, to an extend, what things that were said about me, I cared about. I could choose which battles to fight. No one would be banging at my door, forcing me to speak for myself.

So, yes, I would care very much if people claimed to be me or spread lies about me, but I would also get over it enough to not let it ruin my day in my peaceful current life.

5. Elle C.

Elle C. Senior Member

In the end, who I was has no bearing on who I am now. One life has so much myth attached to it, much of it created long after she died...the person who existed would have loved the immortality and design of it, even the bad parts of the myth because the myth feeds into her vanity far better then the truth.

I know of several who claim to be a couple of my PLs, and they are welcome to it. In one I have a perverse sense of satisfaction that they wanted to be that person because of remnants of feelings from that life while also being utterly and completely horrified that I have her parts in my soul. Another...I know the woman who claims it, and I see no reason to correct it: she does good work, and while wrong on much of the recall, lives up to the ideal of the person. I am afraid of doing what she does, because I know it is not all good underneath and I no longer need or want those shadows in my life. I am happy enough to let her have them. It also mimics, in a way, the real life of the person and another, and the credit was not that important to me then and it's less so now.

I spent a lot of time denying I had one of my PLs after working with someone of the culture that "tested" as far as they could what came out in meditation. It took me almost 20 years, and ignoring many memories, before I accepted I was anyone, famous or not.

SeekerOfKnowledge and Speedwell like this.