my neices nightmares

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by vonnieanne, Sep 28, 2008.

1. vonnieanne

vonnieanne New Member

my neice is 10 yrs old,bright , popular and active. she has told of things for yrs now,including describibg her maternal grandma,who died before she was born. she has her grandma,s middle name as her middle name.she desrcribed grans cup of tea,no sugar and rich tea biscuits,and was found making one in the night once,cos the lady keeps asking me for it,she said,it wasnt something that was spoken of,not a thing you remember above other things anyway!she says someone is in her room often, and climbs into her parents bed,however ,the last few months have become quite alarming to her mom.she cries out in the night,wakes and tells her mom about people of another era.

the last time i saw her,we spoke of her nightmares and how they troubled her. her mom asked me hat i thought,as i go to spiritualist church and beleive in such but she is a sceptic,the latest phase leaves the child sobbing and afraid.she talks of a child called anna,who she is a little afraid of. anna says she should be with her,anna died at 10 yrs old,steffi,has just turned10.she speaks of being made to work, and of a girl having her hair caught in some kind of roller,it reminds me of the workhouses of victorian england.the girl had her scalp ripped off by the rolers, and could no longer work, so was sent elsewhere.

steffi goes into the main church when in town,always sits in the 7th row back. just sits,holding the rail, quietly and says anna went there,.in victorian times a child would not be buried in the church.she talks of a place she went to that was clean .she was cared for,it seems by nuns.when i ask her to write it all down she says anna wont let her.she seems afraid of anna,as if anna told her what to do.she can be heard speaking to someone in daytime too.her mom is t her wits end .need to find out what is troubling stefi.it makes the child upset and tearful and she has been sat late at night reeling off things that she would not know. bonnets,high boots if you were lucky,boys being sent up chimneys and fire lit in the hearth to make them climb faster.

if their feet were burned they were cast onto the street as unable to work.similar to the first barnardos cases,many things she says.we are unsure if we should take her to the spiritualist church for fear of her thinking someone is speaking to her and frightening her,.could anyone offer advice please?

2. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

Hi Vonnieanne welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your neice's story with us. I am sorry to hear that she is having these nightmares. I think this can be a common theme for a traumatic pastlife. You have come to a good place to search for more information as there are many excellent posts here that you might find helpful.

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi vonnieanne,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry to hear that your niece is having such a hard time.

I think it's very important to make her feel that she's not alone in all of this. She needs someone to confide in, and I'm not quite sure how her mother reacts to any of this? Without trying to force any information out of her, I would ask Steffi a few simple questions, just make a general conversation with her as if it is no big deal so as not to alarm her, and then 'go along' with her answers, as if you agree with everything that she's saying. Then if you are successful, tell her that her fears originate from another lifetime, and that she's safe now in this life, she's loved very much by her family, and nobody can hurt her now. It would be better to come from her mother of course, but if her mum is too sceptical, then maybe you could spend some time with her?

I would recommend Carol's book, Children's Past Lives to you, because there are a lot of useful pointers in there for dealing with a situation like this. I'm sure others will be here to give you some good advice too.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Chris - :)

4. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum, Vonnieann. :)

I agree with Chris the most important thing now would be to really be there for Steffi, reassure her that you (or the person who's reassuring her) believe her, and will listen to her, but the things she remembers will not threat or hurt her anymore in this life.

She's old enough for a proper conversation, I think, so it would be a good idea to ask her to tell more about her experiences - in a calm way, not forcing her, but letting her know that she will be heard if she wants to share. You could also ask her to draw pictures of those experiences and/or write them down as stories. Working with the experiences in a creative way helps many children in letting go of the fear.

You might find this thread about how to talk to a child with past life memories useful. :thumbsup:

Good luck and keep us posted!

Karoliina

5. W.A. HEART

W.A. HEART Senior Registered

Hey Vonnie! Poor Steffi, she must be going through a hard time indeed. I totally agree with Chris and Karoliina though. I think that a good part of the fear is probably due to the feeling that most people have, and children are no exception I guess, that such things are not supposed to happen, that there's something "wrong" with them. It may help if she feels that she is understood and that "it's not her fault"... and also that she can speak freely about these things - and I'm sure your help is indeed precious!

Please keep us posted!

I'll send thoughts of light and love to her.

PS: just a suggestion - it has done wonders for my own son; maybe lighting a candle for her guardian angel, and speaking to him may be a good way to teach her to focus on something positive, that can be very important for her to move through this... :eek:

6. ButterflyPsyche

ButterflyPsyche Senior Registered

Hi, Vonnie Ann!

It sounds like quite a terrible nightmare, but luckily she has a concerned aunt. I think you have gotten some wonderful advice and suggestions for research on reincarnation already. Just being the one to listen goes a long way. Please keep us updated. She is at the age where she is young enough to remember and old enough to verbalize. I hope that her nightmares do subside the more she talks about her experiences.

7. vonnieanne

vonnieanne New Member

neices nightmares

thank you for your comments,many we have done already, i think, talking about it and not being laughed at has gone a long way to steffi accepting that things cannot hurt her.since my blog steffi has moved bedrooms, to a small one in which she seems to have settled better.and i have bought her a dreamcatcher and an angel ornament ,i told her they would catch the dream and the angel would protect her. psycological or what , she has not had so many since.we will try to look into more detail when she thinks she is ready to open up again,as dont want to remind her unless she mentions it.thanks again,nice to know someone doesnt think you are mad .can be hard explaining to some. god bless,vonnie.

8. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Thanks for letting us know Steffi is doing better, Vonnie. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

9. ButterflyPsyche

I am so glad to hear she is doing better. That dreamcatcher and angel are really nice touches, too. Something tangible and comforting is always soothing to a child. I used to have nightmares and extremely physical tossing and turning as a child. My father used to read me a story and tuck me in, a ritual which also comforted me when I was anxious about sleeping as a child. You really are a great aunt and you're doing a great thing for her. :)

10. Huancaya

Huancaya New Member

Past life related?

Are you sure it is all past life related? It sounds like there could be more going on. She may just grow out of it, but if not, have you seen Paranormal Kids? It's kind of a funky TV show but could offer something useful if things continue.

It's great that you have been helping her deal with these upsetting things and I really think the angle and dream catcher were great ideas!

11. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Mostly these sound like past life dreams/memories to me - the detail, the emotional content, the historical period, the recurring group of people who she knows by name... It sounds like a rather unfortunate and rather traumatic life in an orphanage or similar institution in Victorian times. Does she say that Anna went to the same church where you go now, or just a similar one? That would be of interest.

You don't need a spiritualist to sort this out, in fact I would strongly advise against getting any more 'spooky' about it than necessary. Reincarnation is a perfectly natural phenonmenon - it is just 'life'. If anything, you might consider a regression if she continues to be distressed for any length of time, but I think the suggestions above about simply reassuring her that it's ok and she is safe now are the best ones for the moment. She will most likely 'grow out of it'.

Perhaps a book about reincarnation would help reassure Steffi that she is not the only one who has ever had such experiences and that they are relatively common and not something to be afraid of? Carol Bowman's book would be the place to start I would suggest. Are there any good ones written for children? I am sure someone would know.

Perhaps you could also get a book for the mother (and yourself) to read, so she does not worry, or have any concerns about a possible conflict with any religious beliefs or think there is anything wrong with the child?

There is a long list of recommended books here.

As Huancaya suggests, there may also be something else going on here as well. Perhaps she is also being 'visited' by a 'lady' - who might be her grandmother???

I hope it all works out and she is feeling better soon. (Be sure to write all this stuff down for her. She may be interested when she is older, but may have forgotten all about it by then).

12. ButterflyPsyche

Tanguerra, those are all great suggestions. I would love an update, too. :)