My regression experience

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by -barry-, Oct 26, 2009.

1. -barry-

-barry- New Member

Hi. I've had a few requests from the Reincarnation Questions forum to add the below in a new thread over here, so here goes.

I have had only one "formal" past life regression, about 10 years ago. It was with a very ordinary looking lady in a very ordinary looking house in a nearby town. Having read a few books about past lives, I really wanted to go into a deep trance and relive vivid experiences. Sitting in this woman's kitchen, however, I only managed a light trance and some of the memories were a bit flimsy.

I experienced 2 or 3 or maybe 4 lives, all male.

One was in the 18th century, in what appeared to be Amsterdam. I was in some kind of legal profession, a tall, lean man with a very sullen personality - no fun there at all. I had a glimpse of myself walking through the city carrying a bag of papers, crossing over a little arched bridge over a canal or river (Ive since been to Amsterdam and it looked very familiar).

I then moved straight to the death scene. Basically I died of old age in my bed with two women attending me. I believe one was my sister and one was my servant. The feeling was of being very alone because I had not reached out to people in life, emotionally. The women next to me were like strangers to me yet for no reason other than my reserve.

I was then a boy on a farm in what felt like England (no sense of time period, but there was no industrial technology). I was watching the chief farm labourer, a big man, whipping a black African kid who had somehow ended up on the farm. For the man it was a "fun" thing to do. I was watching this from a hiding place behind a haystack. I got a sense that the man was my mother in this life. Now, she would never do such a thing, but I can imagine things being very different a couple of hundred years ago.

Next, I was around 20 years old, studying or working at a little desk in a tiny attic room. The regressionist asked me how I like to spend my free time and I replied "I like to go to the inn, have some ale." No change there then.

Then I was standing on a ship as it left port in England. It was the era of the British empire, so 19th century I guess. I described myself as a man of the cloth. Apparently I was heading for the colonies in Africa. I had taken up a post there.

I don't have specific images of then being in Africa, but what I do have is a strong, rather horrible feeling of not fitting in with the white colonial aristocracy there. I was looked down upon for not being "top drawer". I do feel traces of these feelings in my present life. When I am amongst rich, posh people, I have a conflict between the urge to be ingratiating to get them to accept me and the urge to blame them for not accepting me at all.

That was my regression.

I've also had a few spontaneous memories in meditation, one of which I've described already (I forget which thread!). I'll probably add more to the new flashbacks thread.

- barry

2. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing Barry, very interesting :thumbsup:

Have you ever considered exploring these past lives further by yourself, maybe using meditation or even an audio cd suitable for past life regression?

Like you, I only had one 'professional' regression about 3 years ago, but it was like opening up a door and from there I was able to continue exploring on my own and uncover another 4 or 5 past lives that I'd never had any recollection of before.

It must have been mind boggling for you to have several lives surface all together, I know it often happens, but I've never experienced that yet.

Chris :)

3. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Thanks again for sharing your memories. It must have been quite amazing to have so many different lives come through from one regression!

4. -barry-

-barry- New Member

I've just bought a PL regression mp3 from the Orin & DaBen site. I'll be sure to let everyone know how I get on!

-barry

5. Laurasia

Laurasia Senior Registered

Hello Barry.

Thanks for sharing your regression experiences with us. I have never had a professional regression myself (there are no professional regressionists near my area). Though I have had little trouble in recalling past incarnations on my own. ;) It would be interesting to see what a professional regression would drag up however. Perhaps some of the blockages that I have been trying to get passed would be loosened.

I wanted to thank Chris for putting up the link to the audio CDs for past life regression as well. I have never tried using one of them before, but will have to try one out sometime. :)

Sincerely,

Laurasia

6. SundayAtDusk

SundayAtDusk New Member

Barry, thanks for describing your regression. I'm surprised you could come up with as many memories as you did, considering you were sitting in the woman's kitchen, and did not go into a trance. How did you find her?

A few years back, I went to a woman's office to have PL regression. She was very nice, and the office was beautifully decorated in angels : angel. But she could no more do past life regressions or hypnotize people, than I could.:rolleyes:It was really a waste of time and money. The really strange thing is I found her card on the counter of a family owned store I visit, where the family is devout Christian, and has no interest in reincarnation at all. Moreover, they hardly ever let anyone leave their cards on the counter. And lo and behold, there was one on their counter advertizing past life regressions!?!

Hence, the past life regression experiences of others always interest me...especially if they were able to go into a deep trance or not. My concern is, if not in a trance, wouldn't everything I possibly came up with just be my imagination?

7. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

Thank you for sharing Barry. It's sounds like it was a very productive regression