• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My try at a himalayan bowls meditation

TheCuriousOne

Always Searching...
I tried the meditation at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XmhXydpg-w

Here is what I got: First, I pictured a spear, a long spear like the kind men used to hunt with in ancient times. The head was tied with a red rope. I then visualised a hut, a round hut with sticks that were crisscrossed on top. Then I visualised the people, the men had beards and wore loincloths and the women wore dresses and carried jars on their heads, the children wore something that looked like sackcloth. The entire village/encampment was in a clearing surrounded by jungle. I then tried to visualise myself and I got an image of a dark skinned boy who wore a pair of tan sackcloth looking shorts with a rope belt. His name was Samik (I spelled the name one letter at a time since I am normally bad with names). He had a baby sister who I pictured as being two years old. His mother and father looked like the other adults of the village. His father was carving something that looked like a stake, and his mother was pregnant with twins. I visualised the year as either 93 or 930 BC. I tried to visualise how Samik died, and got this: He was 17, and out hunting, when an enemy tribesman threw a spear at him. The spear struck Samik's back and killed him.

So... as anyone ever tried this kind of meditation? This is actually my second time, but it's been a long while since my first, so I may be rusty. Also, any discrepancies (sp?), anachronisms, etc may be due to two factors: My current life mind slipping in, or my remembering more than one life and the details are getting lumped together.

The meaning of the name Samik is found here: http://www.indiachildnames.com/name.aspx?name=Samik
TBH, I initially got the name Sanik, which is a feminine name and may have been either my sister's or my mother's. I also STRONGLY suggest you use the link to search for the name Sanik instead of Google, since using Google just nets you wierd drawings of Sonic the Hedgehog, which will do nothing for validation.

My dad bought some of these bowls when he visited Japan. I tried them out when I visited during X-mas and it seems like the action of ringing the bowls and keeping up the sound can be very meditative in and of itself. I'm eager to try this regression you posted!

And I, too, am eager... to read your results! wine**

There are other meditations too, if you type in "Himalayan Bowls Meditation" in the youtube search bar. One video was of a quick 11 minute chakra tune up (which happens to also be the video's title).

BTW, I did the bowl video again today, and I got glimpses into two new lives, but I will only post more from Samik, as I like to have one life per thread.

Continued from above (tis easier to copy and paste from my diary):

Another part of Samik's life. I went into a tent where I helped a family friend clean furs. I took the fur off one rack, dipped it in the water, and transferred it to another rack, where I scraped it with a special scraping tool. I open the tent flap for a bit and feel the hot sun. It feels good to be near some water, even if I can't jump in it. Transition to a dinner scene, we are eating rabbit (BTW there were also rabbits hanging in the friend's tent) around a large bonfire. My baby sis is making a face. Perfectly understandable, the meat is a little sour (perhaps the meat wasn't fully cooked?). As for the twins, they died at birth. My mother told me, and I hugged her to comfort her. I didn't see the actual birth.

I was in a shop last year that sold stone singing bowls and they had a very large one for about $1200. You could test them as the store provided a cushioned drumstick (don't know what you really call them) to strike their bowls. I gave the bowl a light tap and it rang for over 2 minutes. It was amazing. A very pleasant sound.

That particular sound quality seemed keyed to dredge up some extremely vivid memories, and I was able to hang onto the scenes and follow for quite some time.

It was amazing and also a bit odd because I think it tapped into a life I had guessed at but never had real memories of until yesterday.

I could almost write a novel about "my life" as young Jack, farming out on the plains. He lost almost his entire family very early on and was left in the care of his grandmother and the young friend of a friend who had come to help his father with the farm during his final illness.

Also, there is a pretty consistent repeat pattern of depending on someone older or richer to anchor one's livelihood in the lives I've remembered. The thought compels me to check my current life in hope that I'm finally out of that rut. It explains certain go-to thought patterns, though. Hmmm ...

If you circle the outside of the bowl with the stick, it produces a singing that gets louder and louder the longer you do it.

ZeonChar said:
If you circle the outside of the bowl with the stick, it produces a singing that gets louder and louder the longer you do it.
I had mine for several years before a guest I had visiting did that to mine,

I was totally amazed that it could do that,

but apparently it is common knowledge that they do that

(remember to tap it before you start circling )

Back