• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

New Member Introductions - March 2014

Hello, I am new and this is me introducing myself

Hello, I'll start by explaining why I've come here.

Though I unexpectedly managed to confirm a past life identity at the end of last year, I consider myself to be an agnostic atheist. Most of my friends, as well as family, are hard atheists. The other family members are Christian and hold no belief in reincarnation.

I'm still skeptical of a lot of things, still agnostic/doubtful in terms of whether or not there's a deity or higher power of any sort. I don't claim to know all sorts of mysteries of the universe.

I simply know now that, based on my experience, there's a high possibility that reincarnation exists and that I am aware of past lives.

Considering the people who surround me, this isn't something I can speak about. There are so many days when I want to say, "Oh, back in [insert year] I such and such" or perhaps I want to explain something which would require explaining about my past life...but I can't. So, there are so many times that I have to remain silent.

I really feel embarrassed about asserting this belief because the only things I have close to evidence are merely anecdotal and, if I had record to prove all the details I knew before I found the match, it would still be passed of as mere coincidence by skeptics. Interesting coincidence, at best, but I know they would pass it off as nothing more.

I'm not sure if it's something that could ever be, without a doubt, scientifically proven. But, at this point, it's my own experience that matters most.

I'm a very secretive person, just so you all know. I can tell you basic details. I'm in my 20s, I love art, I exist, I watch too many youtube videos.

I'm wary of even sharing who I was in the past life that I've identified. Um, in general, people of today have never ever heard of my existence. I became irrelevant with time...well, more irrelevant. I already wasn't horribly relevant. I guess it depends on how you define relevant. However, there is a Wikipedia article. That is the only lifetime I know of where there's a Wikipedia article. I don't know much about my lifetimes pre-17th century but post-17th century, for sure, that one lifetime is the #1 famous lifetime and yet the general public of the 21st century has no clue about me. But I'm not bothered by that.

The avatar I've selected is from that Lost in Austen thing (I only saw a bit of it, haven't seen the whole thing) just because Tom Mison as Mr. Bingley eerily resembles me back in the early 1800s. So, that works.

tumblr_mwvlt7a1rk1qkfa99o10_r1_250.gif

That's pretty much what I looked like except, well, differences. Jaw was a bit different, other differences. But good enough.

I hope I didn't write too much. It's difficult to do a proper introduction because I'm so secretive.

Oh, and to choose my name I just flipped open a book and chose the word my finger landed on. It landed on "obstacles". If you stare at that word for too long, it starts to sound prettier than it actually is. If you don't stare at it for too long, it's just...not very good.

Also, in conclusion, if whoever happens to be reading this DOES hold all sorts of beliefs about the universe, don't worry. I'm not judgmental at all. I don't even judge people who believe in unicorns. It's all good.

Welcome to the group. You are among like minded people here. There are other agnostics here as well. Take your time and look at the old messages/threads and also the video archives. There are some amazing stories here, especially in the children's section. Have you read any books on reincarnation yet?

Thank you! That's good to know. I've seen a lot of videos and I've read a lot of information that I've been able to find on the internet. However, I've only read parts of books that I've found on google. I haven't checked anything out from the library or anything like that.

Is there anything you personally recommend? I like books that are extremely detailed. The more details, the better.

Hello obstacles, welcome to the forum, great introduction.

It doesn't matter whether you're atheist, religious, or whatever your beliefs are, reincarnation exists, and it is a natural spoke in the cycle of birth, death and then rebirth.

As well as atheists, there are also many Christians who believe in past lives. Many parts of the Bible make perfect sense when you look at them from the perspective of reincarnation, which, allegedly, all reference to was removed several hundreds of years ago.

You've come to the right place, and a safe place. You'll find a mixed bunch here, all with one thing in common, that's why we're here, hope you enjoy your stay, welcome :)

Hello Obstacles, welcome to the Forum!

There is a wide spectrum of belief and scepticism here, from atheists, agnostics, polytheists, pantheists to monotheists, and those for whom reincarnation is a solid fact to those who are just curious and haven’t yet made up their minds completely. That what this place is for - discussion and sharing. (I too come from an agnostic background, so I can sympathise with how difficult it can be sometimes!) Take some time to read some of the older threads, there is a lot of fascinating and helpful information to be found there.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

I do know there are some Christians who believe in reincarnation. I should have specified that the Christians in my family just happen to be ones who don't. :p

I'm glad that there's a variety of both belief and non-belief here and that it seems to be a very respectful environment.

Thank you both!

Here are some authors I would recommend: Carol Bowman, Brian Weiss, Dr. Ian Stevenson. This is only to get you startedwellllllcome. I just accept it as fact that we are immortals who come and go on this earth. ;)

Another good book is "Soul Survivor" by Andrea and Bruce Leininger. Their son James at age 3 began talking about being a WWII fighter pilot who was shot down. He also had nightmares about his plane crashing. Carol Bowman is the one who advised his parents about what to do. This case is now being called the best documented reincarnation case.

That was a very interesting introduction, obstacles. You have our attention. I watched "Lost in Austen" twice. Several people here have Regency lifetimes. I sympathize with your need to discuss this with those who understand. Welcome! :)

Welcome, Obstacles. It's good to "meet" you ... though through a veil of ... well, secrets, distance, internet,... obstacles ... :)

I only recently joined the forum because of a surprising (stunning) confluence of remembering the same unique past life with my "best friend" ... or I'd still be strongly skeptical of past lives, and exploring with the idea of reconfirming it's all a fluke.

Because of my own experience, I'm also convinced enough to dive into the idea of reincarnation head-first and explore from the stance of belief. It's hard not to have anyone to talk with, especially when this concept really sinks in and changes a world-view on so many levels.

Welcome. This has been a very safe place for me, and I'm sure you will find it to be the same. :D

wellllllcome

argonne1918 said:
Another good book is "Soul Survivor" by Andrea and Bruce Leininger. Their son James at age 3 began talking about being a WWII fighter pilot who was shot down. He also had nightmares about his plane crashing. Carol Bowman is the one who advised his parents about what to do. This case is now being called the best documented reincarnation case.
I may have seen a TV show covering that case but I didn't know about the book.

I will be looking into all of these suggestions. Thanks everyone!

I am new here.

Hello, I am apologizing for the delay of my introduction because I have something to do first. Anyway, I am Jay and I love solving problems as long as I know how to solve it. My motto in life is "Life is about survival of the fittest".

New here - hello Everyone! :)

Hello Everyone :)

I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself a bit.

I have found Past Life Forum while digging about reincarnation and memory of past lives.

Honestly saying, I have tried to recall my PL maybe once or twice many years ago and I have stopped as no results ( I had some kind of recording, don't know even which one it was :D ).

Anyways I am having some kind of dreams which are most probably reminescences of PLs as such - the only issue is that recently I have not enough time to take notes of those dreams, or I am in huge rush and I simply forget those.

However I do remember few ones which are quite interesting, which I do remember even till now (and those appeared many years ago) and somehow I cannot figure out what was the reason I have dreamt those dreams. I would be happy to share those with you, so maybe together we will find some answers for my questions.

I am a big fan of European history, love to digg in it.

Middle ages are top of the tops for me, toward this period I have some special and strong feelings, deeper and stranger than I should have at all, but I am sure that THIS IS the right place and YOU ALL are the right and only people who can understand my feelings even if for others it sounds ridiculous ;)

I am also a Mum of sweet little Boy who is starting to speak, and to be honest I was seeking for answers how to ask question to kids to find out about their PLs. This is how I found this place as there is not too many sources in polish about the topic.

There is something special to Him, I know it sounds funny, and every Mom would say sth similar about their children, but somehow ...well yes, I never wanted to be a mother, I thought it's simply not for me. Also had some kind of permanent illness which disqualified me to be pregnant at all. And yet, unexpected, he appeared :) Well, need to admit I am not the best mum ever, don't have needed patience bla bla bla.. but I am sure he came here for a reason :) :)

Ok, I have bored you all :)

Thank you for the Forum and for the lovely stories and instructive threads about how to recall the PL!

Hugs

~Eilean

Welcome. No, you have not bored us. We would like to hear more. It sounds like you had a past life in Europe during the Middle Ages. Has your son started talking? You can write down anything strange that he says. You can also ask open ended questions. Does he "remember anything from before he was born" could be something you could ask.

Thank You Argonne1918 :)

When it comes to my PLs - everything ahead me. In some time I will try to find out some free space and time only for myself to relax and try the methods I found here on Forum.

This is really helpful as I am newbie, really. I have only the hunch it has to be like this and no knowledge.

It makes a sense for me that souls are comming back over and over again, despite of beliefs I was taught by my culture or religion.

And my Baby Boy - yes, he starts to talk!

He is only 18 months old so basically everythig is ahead, till now there are only separate words, but what drove my attention till now, that he does not say "dad"at all, he calls my husband and his father "mommy", for me He is quite harsh, likes to do harm, like scratching, pinching and for no reason :) hahaha looks like I was terrible for Him in some of previous lifes. Well, it is not that funny overall :p

When it comes to my Son, I am just preparing myself for the moment He will be talking a bit more as the reincarnation itself is fascinating for me. The other thing is that my Mother was mentioning many years ago that me, when I was small kid, I was talking some strange language while sleeping. And it was occuring very often. Actually talking while sleeping is sth what is part of my personality :p but as far as my Mom told me, she had no idea what language I was speaking (she is linguist so basically she could have at least some vague concept of what language it was, but she didn't).

I want simply not to miss such gem :) and be ready when my Son will be trying to share some memories with us :)

Hello all!

Just introducing myself. I have been reading the amazing posts, both stories and insightful responses, on your website for a while. I wish I could say that I have had any of the amazing experiences that so many here have had, but I am basically a normal Joe with a bunch of kids in a busy American life.

Hello, this is me! :)

I'm sooo glad I've found this forum: finally a place where I can share what I feel!

Well, I'm not a child anymore since I'm 19 but maybe here there's a little space for me as well! :p

I'm Nerea and you already know my age, I'm from Europe (and I'm sorry if my english is bad but it's not my main language).

Well, if you want to hear more from me I'd like to begin with telling you that I've never believed that reincarnation was possible, until the only explanation to many fears, interests and memories I have was... guess what? Reincarnation.

It took me a while to accept that "such a thing" could be possible and was actually part of my life but I did my best to try and find more information about it. And now I'm just trying to find out more about my past life (or one of my pls).

Actually I had the first memory of my pl when I was a child and I knew nothing about all this, I just thought that what came to my mind that day was weird and I tried to forget about it, also because it didn't give me any sort of positive emotions.

Then I became to fear things that I have absolutely no reason to be afraid of in this life, they're mainly things linked to war.

Once I started putting all of the "weird" things together and once I had learned about reincarnation, I tried hypnosis without believing too much in it (argh) and I was amazed by what I was able to remember. Well, I still don't know my name nor where I used to live but I "visualized" such a vivid memory that gives me chills everytime I try to remember about it.

Mmmh well, after having bored every single one of you I feel like I can go back lurking :p

Thanks for reading (and again, sorry for my english :S )!

Returning after hiatus

I was on here a little over a year ago, but my precarious health took a turn for the worse, am only starting to get back to normal (normal for me, anyways). I have been reading, but typing wasn't for me, so I have missed it here.

Still no memories, but feelings, definitely. That inner knowing, deep inside and powerful resonances, have been guiding me and keeping me going during my recovery.

Namaste,

LightWalker

Welcome back, Lightwalker. We want to hear about your journey. Congratulations on your restored health. :)

Thank you BriarRose. My journey seems to go in fits and starts and my health is as good as it gets. I am clearly burning off some bad karma with what i deal with in this life. I've been doing some energy work with a Reiki healer and that made a big difference.

Which is why I still try to find out what happened before, to find out why, and how I can be healthy and whole the next time around, if there is a next time.

I have powerful feelings about certain times and places. Ancient Egypt, medieval Europe, Tsarist Russia, and Native American Pueblos. It's like I can almost, but not quite taste those lifetimes, but they always slip away when I try to grasp them.

My guides encourage me and tell me to be patient, but i want to know right now...

Good whatever-time-of-day-it-is-to-you

Hi there!

My name is Andrew, and I have been interested in the topic of reincarnation ever since my first regression about four years ago. Didn't think to look for a forum on the topic before! How silly of me!

Anyway, I have one very early life, the timing of which I'm not sure on, but as far as I can tell I have been around (at the very least) since 1552. I shall post a few details on my past lives in the proper forum pretty soon :)

Anyway, lovely to meet you all. :)

Back