New "memory"?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Peter V, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Peter V

Peter V Senior Registered

This one is a bit weird....

It was in a dream, but only a flash, from which I intellectually absorbed sooo much information.

Here is the dream:

I find myself standing in a canvas tent, a big one. It feels warm, not uncomfortably warm, but a "tent warm" (like waking up in the morning in a tent), with a specific smell I still can't identify...grass, mixed with wet wool, mixed with fertilized mud, mixed with a skunkish, stale odor.

Anyways, I'm standing with my back to the entrance of the tent, facing at least three men (one at least behind a table of sorts) with two of them putting a jacket on me, telling me that it should fit well. But as I look down to my arm (singular!) being led through the sleve of the jacket, I notice that I'm already wearing clothing...a sky blue coat of sorts with white or yellow lacing running across my chest (if it was yellow, it was very faded). I remember the WEIGHT (not saying it was heavy, I just remember its weight...specifically) of this new coat they put on me, also with a pale sky blue with white or yellow lacing across the chest. As I was glancing down I also noticed my pants were of the same colour.

It felt like I was in a quartermaster's or the new coat had just come from there, or something like that. It was my new uniform, nonetheless, but I was in the field. AND THEY WERE SPEAKING FRENCH. And yet I understood it.. Very odd...I don't speak french but I understood what they were saying.

As I slipped it on the dream ended...

Needless to say when I woke up I was curious and, after a few hours of looking though french uniforms I found something that PERFECTLY matched:

http://www.napoleon-series.org/imag...ance/Cavalry/Hussars/TimReese/1sthussarsa.JPG

I just want to express how specific this is.....

The armies of Napoleon had hundreds, if not thousands, of uniform differences. Be it infantry of the line, the guard, his calvary, artillery, supply lines, etc. Each had their own divisions, which had their own companies, which had their own regiments, all of which had their own SPECIFIC uniform. This one matched what I saw myself wearing in my dream flawlessly

2. vicky

vicky Senior Member

That's incredible Peter.

Have you ever had any other memories from that lifetime or any fascinations or fears that also relate to this lifetime?
    Vicky

3. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Way to go, Peter! :thumbsup:

It really sounds like a PL dream with all those vivid sensations.

If I remember right, you've had some feelings about the Napoleonian wars before this, too? Btw I'm currently reading a very good English book "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke that's about those wars and magicians. :)

Karoliina

4. Peter V

I've always been facinated with the Napoleonic Wars, but could never really solidly place myself. I think there are issues I currently deal with that stem from that life though. For instance, no offense to anyone here, but I can't stand Spanish architecture, music, and culture. I've never understood why, I've always just felt it was "unrefined".

Well, these guys, the 1st Hussars, apparently fought in Spain against the civilian uprising there and the British occupation (liberation?).

....Crap, I've got to run suddenly, I'll be back later tonight to finish up.

5. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Interesting story Peter, I'll look forward to the rest if it. There are any number of overwhelming areas in history that have been favorites of mine for over 50 years, since boyhood. I wonder if they also might be PL related. I haven't gotten that many PL memories over the years, but if the one's I have are accurate, that would be great. It does make sense that our PL would influence our hobbies, skills, and interest this life.

John

6. Peter V

Continuing...

In addition to the Spanish thing there is also a relation to a past life of my father. Nearly 20 years ago my father was given a reading by a wonderful, extremely accurate psychic who said that he had served in a calvary unit during the Napoleonic Wars and had his arm cut off at the shoulder while rounding a boulder. Little did she know that he had chronic dislocation problems with his shoulder, for which he had to have surgery. He dislikes almost everything French, as I do Spanish (I have nothing against the people, it just turns me off on a cultural level).

The day I had the dream I let my dad borrow my car so he could get firewood with his trailer and as he was driving me home we were talking about my recent shoulder dislocation (dislocated it probably 12 times or so now) and how he was told he had his arm chopped off in a previous life and that he believed his problems were due to that experience. Jokingly, he said "it was probably you who chopped it off...", well, that kinda resonated when he said that, and in my mind's eye, in a "vision" of sorts that lasted no more than 1/4 of a second, I perfectly saw/remembered the whole episode unfold. Its hard to explain other than describing the experience as a flash of memory...

Rounding a boulder on a hill with a battle unfolding below I could see a soldier coming around the back with a sword raised in his left hand charging at me (my dad, like most people, is right handed, but the two of us have had dislocation problems with our left shoulder), I swiftly move my horse to the right and as he passes me I hit him with the sword. Even though this guy was an enemy soldier, I kinda hit him accidently, and the inertia of our movement did the damage, I didn't swing my arm.

Anyways, like I said earlier, for the past 10 years or more I've had rather frequent shoulder dislocation problems.

Also, for some reason as a kid, I remember grade 5 specifically as I had a friend who loved the colour, I've always felt unusual emotions about the colour described in my above post, the light sky blue. The emotions certainly weren't positive, but they weren't negative either. I had a friend in grade 5 who loved that colour and would use it all the time when colouring. I remember thinking then, "oh, other people use that colour too..." like it was odd for other people to use it, even though I didn't like it very much.

The dream made made sense of a lot of quirks I have.

7. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

A wonderful series of posts Peter. Very intriguing how you and your father seem to weave into your dreams, and how a possible shared PL experience has affected you both. Accounts such as these bring the reality of reincarnation to the forefront, and give it a more personal feel. Good luck with both your studies and your impending marriage to Miss Sky Blue. Best wishes to you both.

John

8. Peter V

Quick reflection here....

Could it be that my Dad and I have issues from this previous life that we're still trying to sort out, and that our/my dislocations serve as a reminder of what occured then?

He had his fixed after 4 dislocations when I was 10 or so. I remember the ride to the hospital. I've dislocated mine a dozen times or more, yet I refuse to have mine fixed for some reason...I just wont.

What if I'm subconsciously using this to remind myself of the issues we have that must be dealt with?

9. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

It would seem possible that there is some sort of connection there, in light of your posts above. Is there a way you could discuss this with you father? In post #6 you mention your father and you discussion a probable PL connection. I wonder if maybe your conversation didn't go quite far enough. Wouldn't it be great if you could find closure for this, and establish an even closer friendship with your father. Good luck.

John

10. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Peter,

I was reading along with your thread and wondered if you've had anything else to add since?

Ailish :)

11. deathsxaxgame

deathsxaxgame New Member

Wow.. I'm glad I read this. Can you discrib the person that was at the table? When I read your other thread with Napoleon. I got the sense I was looking over a map, seated at a table. It was a random throught..which caused me to be unsettled!