NonOrdinary States of Consciousness and the Accessing of Feelings

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by cloud potato, Mar 19, 2022.

1. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

by John E. Mack, M.D.
    http://johnemackinstitute.org/1994/...-consciousness-and-the-accessing-of-feelings/
    ....A friend shared this resource from another forum. It had me thinking a lot about my ego. I watched a special on the akashic records, it was suggested that all the information we need is there- but whether or not we've the ability to perceive. I've had some interesting moments I thought were visions of past life... Somethings I've shared here before. I've also been able to dream of a co-workers special landscape she dreams of to hash things out with her lovers. By attaching to these visions I've had both positive and negative results. Actually they are all positive, some just lead to temporary suffering- a lesson for sure.

What allows us to perceive? How are other people able to trigger memories? How are specific places able to amplify unique experiences for every person in the designated area? I think I've let my ego suggest that- because of the visions I'm having, this person must have been a wife in a past life... When in reality that is my desire for an intimate relationship in this life. That doesn't mean what I'm seeing is any less true, it just means it might not have been MY past life after-all. I think this state is also considered, "NonOrdinary Sates of Consciousness." Well, this is a fascinating read for anyone interested... Summary below:
    Anything here you find interesting? :)

Emma66 and Speedwell like this.
  2. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

That was quite a long - and serious article, I didn't read it all.

One thing I did recognise was this:
    [my bold font]

That certainly matches my own experience. I didn't know what I was doing, just discovered a method or process by myself. After years of struggling to suppress and minimise inner pain and distress, I realised it was not going to go away. So one day I decided to try the exact opposite of suppressing the pain. I settled down by myself, and just felt the pain, allowed it to come to the surface. I've talked about it before. It resulting in tears, I cried for the first time in many years. This turned out to be beneficial.

I carried on that process for days, weeks, eventually for years. The key though is the description, "NonOrdinary States of Consciousness". I was able to enter or leave this state at will. I never did it in public, though might perhaps if in a corner of something like a bus or train, where I would be unobserved. When it was time to engage with everyday life such as buying a ticket or chatting to someone, I'd be back in everyday consciousness immediately.

Yes, it allowed access to feelings, which actually was my navigation tool, in order to enter this state of consciousness I went towards the pain, into it, that's how I knew which way to go. It also had two results. One was healing. Two was triggering recall of a past life, though not in a direct way, but by the ability to discern what my past had been. For example I'd research a topic and suddenly certain things felt right, felt like me, while the rest just left me uninterested, no response. That was something new though it all fitted into a much longer pattern, going back to childhood when I had no idea of the concept of past lives, so things went unrecognised at the time.

3. cloud potato

Wow very cool. Thank you.

Speedwell likes this.
  4. cloud potato

Speedwell and fireflydancing like this.