Old Soul

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Obie, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

What makes a person an old soul? Do we all have the same number of lives and some people are just better at picking up life lessons and becoming better people? What if someone committs horrible crimes as an old soul? What if they let their addictions take over and they go out and hurt people? Will they have to start over as an infant soul? Is old soul the time when people start to reap what they have sown? In earlier stages are people simply sowing or do they have to reap then also? Is it possible for an old soul to go ahead and do something awful? Will their karmic debt be much worse?

2. Stellaria

Stellaria New Member

Well....do you believe in karma, karmic retribution, and a purpose for living the lives we live?

I don't.

I think our souls are as old as they are. Nobody knows how many there are, and nobody knows how long they've been around. Time isn't exactly a decent measure when you talk about souls, anyway.

Old souls are just those people who exude an air of having been around a long time, that's all. Doesn't mean that those who don't have "new" souls or anything.

3. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

From my experience and what I believe

I have been at least five thousand years probably more

there is no way can remember a pasts that long ago

unless it comes to me.

I do get bad feelings about certain times in history

The crusades and before .

The old soul who gained knowledge over many life times

and sometimes bad "Karma" on the way

I had plenty. A soul is suppose to learn from each

life the positive aspect of each life.

Maybe the negative of things we did holds us

here in constant loop as would seem for me anyways.

4. famgrin

famgrin New Member

I suppose that I am one from the oldest spirits. I survived many bad but also so many good. My desires were fulfilled. I have learned sundry lessons of karma.

My subconscious is old but consciousness with which we're born in each new life is young - adequate our age. Karma in gist is not so horrible.

Even if you killed 100000 people in every life you have so much lessons how much you prove carry. Always you have chance to improve and spiritual practice helps also on reduction of karma :)

5. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

This 'old soul' idea has been around since the dawning of the 'new age' in the 1960s but, personally I think it's a nice idea, but it's bunk. Everyone is an 'old soul'. The soul does not have an age anyway, so the concept is not meaningful.

However, it's obvious that some people appear to be wiser than others, kinder, gentler and generally more 'switched on' spiritually. This could have as much to do with their class, culture and upbringing, not to mention their individual personality, as it does their previous life experiences.

Some people may have been around for thousands and thousands of years, but learned very little. Just as not all old people are wise and kind and not all young people are silly and reckless, the same goes for 'souls' in my view.

I agree with Indianna Jones 'It's not the years honey, it's the mileage'.

'>

6. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

I agree with tanguerra. As for the personas, whether of 'gravitas' or just easy pleasantness, that some people project it could be a result of upbringing, parents, education, personality. There's been phases in my (current) life when I've embraced traits that I imagine could belong to an 'old soul'; there's been other times I doubt anybody would think that. LMAO But things shift, life changes, and so do I.

7. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

Some people do not have evolved souls as some

are some older and wiser yes. Others

I see at stores are no smarter than tree stump.

If most have been here thousands not very likely.

Sometimes I look into peoples eyes on occasion

I see nothing at all other times I see

somebody who has been around very very long time.

If most souls have been here thousands of years

Why do people like myself self regress with

ease.? And others have complete blank look

when ask them just because question.?

Maybe there is a separate more evolved soul class.

8. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

I'm not sure I understand your question, are you suggesting that people who remember past lives are somehow superior to those who don't? Most people do not remember past lives, and I can't say that the few that I knew who claimed to remember one or two were especially classy. Okay, I'm joking - evolved, or whatever word you wish to use, but honestly, they didn't beat out the rest of the population in the enlightened department. (There are many reasons other than stupidity that a person might wish to hide their expressions behind a blank look - shyness, tiredness, fear of vulnerability, pain, etc., or maybe they're just good poker players. Or possibly high-brow Englishmen.)