Ottoman Memories

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Alexnovo, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Alexnovo

Alexnovo Senior Registered

During my resent meditations, I have been focusing on exploring my past life as Rafael here in Argentina. However, on occasion little flashes have come to me from another, as of yet very ill-remembered life. The memories have just been flashes, but I have recorded them in my journal. I’ll try to summarize them briefly. One set of the memories has me being a young teen. In these memories I am in school learning Arabic in general and learning to read and recite the Qu’ran in particular. A couple of things stand out about these memories, Arabic seems to be a foreign language to me and I ‘know’ that I generally speak and am taught other subjects in a different language. The second thing that stands out are tremendous feelings of friendship and joy with my classmates. These flashes seem to focus upon jokes and the fact that we students are not taking out class work seriously.

The second set of memories, have me at an older age. I am about 35 or so. These memories are a bit more fragments. In most of them I am working in an office as a some type of mid-level bureaucrat for my government. In these flashes I have never been quite clear where or when the life was. I and the others are wearing Fezes, so I have assumed Turkey, but it could have been elsewhere. Anyway, the flashes have also dealt less with details of when are where, but once again focus on me joking around with my co-workers. It doesn't seem as if I was a very serious person in this life.

Anyway today I was responding to this thread about musical triggers and after it occurred to me that perhaps I could have sort of a reverse trigger. I assumed that if I had been a government worker I would probably recognize the national anthem of the country I worked for. I went online and searched for the Ottoman National Anthem, not even sure they had one. As it turns out they had several, a new one for each Sultan beginning in the early 1800s. I played several and one stood out. I recognized it immediately. It was the Mecidiye March used under Sultan Abdülmecid (1839-1861).

That time period fits with the clothing and other things I remember from my regressions so maybe I am on to something here.

2. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Fascinating, Alexnovo! I love to hear about new lives surfacing and how the pieces start falling into place :thumbsup:

Please keep us updated! :)

3. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

Hi Alexnovo..

Is this character of not being a serious person a " different" you?? If so it is interesting isnt it to get the feelings of being a different sort of character in another life./? I find it gives me more courage and faith that i can change and let go of some of those characteristics I am not so proud of or just feel could be improved in my current personality.

I think we can protray ourselves differently depending on our sex and other factors in our different lives . I find the tension between who I was in my past and my present self is where I find alot of my learning .. It is not that I am a different person but my view on life is different. This leads to realising I should spend time on changing and improving myself. IT is also interesting how this " different" me plays on my relationships in my current life. We can be locked into those past ways of behaviour which do not work anymore with our newer selves who have done some changing .

keep us posted on further parts of yourself you remember..

soulfreindly

4. Alexnovo

Soulfriendly, you raise an interesting topic. In this life I would say that I am generally a serious person who has moments of frivolity (in other words I tend to be focused on the task at hand most of the time but then go through times when I rebel against that and become a bit of a slacker). In my younger years, I had a real hard time balancing the two sides of my personality (going from being all serious for months on end to being all frivolous for months on end). I have gotten a bit better of being a bit of both at the same time, but I think one of my challenges in this life is to find the correct balance in this regard. The memories I have from my life as Rafael here in Argentina seem to show a very focused determined person (but one who can have fun) on the outside but with some real sadness on the inside (the reasons for which I am still searching). Now the flashes that I am getting from this life in Turkey seem to be of a person who is not serious (at least on the outside) although I must say that I really have only had flashes from this life and it is possible these are not reflective of the way I was most of the time.

I agree completely with your comment:

I think part of the process of growing is learning how to put things in balance and seeing how I succeeded or failed at that in prior lifetimes is IMHO a major help in achieving that goal.

5. Zengirl

Zengirl New Member

Alexnovo,

Another reason we have differing personalities in PL's are because we purposely choose this in the 'between lifetimes' stage, to balance our Soul. We have the need to explore and round out all facets of our personalities so we choose lives and bodies that can best give us these experiences. Also, we choose different lessons to work on and some are more difficult than others. After a difficult life, many times we will chose a more relaxed, uneventful lifetime that is 'fun-filled'. :thumbsup:

It would be interesting to see what life preceeded your Ottoman life. :eek: We also switch sexes to bring our Souls into balance between passive lives and aggressive, action-packed lives. This keeps us from becoming to meek or too tough. Interesting thread, please keep us posted on what else you find out!

~Zengirl

6. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

This is how I see it as well. I find I am always looking for the balance. Balance of giving and receiving, balance through finding how we really feel about things. Our egos are an essential part of ourselves but to grow into being a loving person , learning through being able to look at the self truthfully in regards to different scenarios adds alot to being able to see through the false veneers.

I also think it is very important to find the balance through rearranging those dysfunctional patterns that I have found through looking at family patterns i have had throughout my history. Our dysfunctional ego patterns can be supported by the people we hang around ... ie people are fooled by their egos and only make their and everyone elses lives worse . With seeing that my ideal of the love I had was indeed not based on truth but on human fraility , I have been able to ask for and receive the wisdom of true love.

I had wanted to go to the old patterns, and in some lives they just did not work. ... and so I had to make changes. Happiness can be found in love and love can be found in relations.

Sorry , I cannot remember have you been able to remember Alexnovo any of scenarios of personal relations from that life.?? and how they tie in with this and other lives??

soulfreindly

7. Zengirl

Zengirl New Member

Hi Soulfriendly,

I highly recommend reading Michael Newton PhD.'s two books; "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls". He's mainly studied the between lifetime 'bardo' if you will, of his patients and has related what they have said in these two wonderful books. This came about by accident after giving hypnosis instructions to one of his patients. The person said they weren't incarnated at that time and were currently between lives. That discovery led to detailed questions and he later focused exclusively to this 'in-between stage' in order to learn more about it. The results are these books :)

We all have our Guides (Guardian Angels and Masters) that help us decide which body to Reincarnate into of several available, that would most suit our next lesson we need to accomplish. This would explain why some people choose to be handicapped, another race or gender, born in poverty or into abusive situations. If nothing else, Reincarnation is absolutely FAIR. What looks terrible is actually a balancing going on. It's our responsibility to look for our lesson in every situation of hardship we find ourselves in. Nothing is ever 'all bad'...it's only half bad and the other half is our good lesson. Something good comes out of everything.

With regards to Time, there is no Time on the other side or bardo. Time only exists on Earth, so what you are perceiving is an illusion with regards to your Reincarnation. Your current lifetime was planned to help you understand through your current situation you find yourself in. What you do with your life is entirely up to you--that is your Free Will. You may choose to do nothing with your life and play a victim by refusing to grow or push through this life or you could make lemonaide out of the lemons you were handed. On the other hand, you may realize your lesson and turn your experience around and decide to help other people who are experiencing this. That is your Free Will at work. Your destiny is always in your hands. :thumbsup:

~Zengirl

8. Alexnovo

Zengirl and Soulfriendly, I envy you both on having memories from between your incarnations. I have yet to recover any memories from that period. Therefore my views of what happens with regard to planning etc. are based upon what others have said and my own sense of what I believe to be probable. That having been said, I am not positive that I agree with Zengirl and many others who say there is “no time” on the other side. I definitely think that time is completely different in that other dimension, but I do suspect there is some sense of progression, in other words action and consequence, or more simply change. It is that “change” that I think is the fundamental element of time. To bring this back to more concrete terms, I would say that I believe that planning one’s next incarnation means there must be a realization that a soul needs improvement in area X, the soul then plans to lead a life which it hopes will help it learn to improve in that area, the soul then leads that life and returns to the place between lives and evaluates whether or not it made this improvement. All of this implies cause and effect, all of this implies at least the possibility of change. It is that change which is time. Anyway, as I said above these are just my musings and are not based upon actual recall of the time between lives

9. Zengirl

Zengirl New Member

You have this correct Alex with the exception of connecting it to TIME. On Earth, we perceive Time in a linear form of Past/Present/Future in order to differientiate the sequence we experience and to bring order to our lives. In my last near-death experience I was on the otherside for 3 hours yet it was more like 3 days. There is no time there, you have all the time you need to complete anything because All Time is Eternal and never-ending. I could've stood in God's Presence for an Eternity and yet it would've been only 3 hours that I was gone on Earth. I know I'm not explaining this well at all because you cannot translate a transcendental experience! : angel

Einstein said that Time is a circular spiral and turns in on itself thus 'repeating'. There is the 'string theory' as well plus many others, but from those that have experienced NDE's, there is no time once free of the body and off of this planet. Planet Earth was set up to be "Schoolhouse Earth", a place of Soul lessons. Time was included to mark progression. It's a tool, not a fact that exists everywhere.

Side by side Dimensions exist and all you need to enter them is a 'shift' of mind, not a rocketship.

This is where understanding of Time eludes science.

Soulfreindly,

You are the first reincarnated "Ghost" I've ever heard of! That would mean you never left the Earth and would've been stuck in Time. Somehow you never went toward the Light at the moment of your last death. Do you know why you chose that? You're lucky to have found your way out of that 'stuck limbo' you were in and reincarnated again. Next time, go to the Light! :thumbsup:

~Zengirl

10. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Just thought I'd mention -- under hypnotic regression, Bridey Murphey talks about being a ghost in the book "The Search for Bridey Murphey."