• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Out of Body Experiences (OBE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

briski

Senior Registered
Does anyone in here go the astral plane etc. Ive read a lot about different areas like game graphics 16 bit worlds, meeting entities some hostile some kind.

If anyone does i'd be interested in hearing thier experiences

Thanks

IMHO, anyone can do it. You just have to dream. To really interact you need to be able to lucid dream. I have had several experiences in this manner. There are very few things that can get ahold of you and do harm. I have only met one entity that I was glad I could wake up and escape. She looked really benign, but somehow I scared the **** out of her to coin a phrase and in self defense she did something to me that showed she was very powerful. I have some theories about lucid dreaming and the nature of dreams. I would recommend Patrick harpur’s Daimonic Reality to anyone who asks about this kind of stuff, as well. If you want to hear some of my experiences, I would be glad to share. It might help me to process my experiences too, if I could get some other people’s perspectives on them. Just let me know and I will post a couple for you. I really enjoy this stuff.

One last thing, if you plan on lucid dreaming to astral travel, dream checks are pretty unreliable. Most lucids swear by them. My dreams are too realistic for this to work. I can touch things. I can read anything. I have used tablets and other electronics. Lots of things people say you can’t do. Reality checks for me come in identifying incongruous things. I figured out one time that I had to be dreaming when the house I was in had no bathroom. Stuff like that is what you look for.

IMHO, anyone can do it. You just have to dream. To really interact you need to be able to lucid dream. I have had several experiences in this manner. There are very few things that can get ahold of you and do harm. I have only met one entity that I was glad I could wake up and escape. She looked really benign, but somehow I scared the **** out of her to coin a phrase and in self defense she did something to me that showed she was very powerful. I have some theories about lucid dreaming and the nature of dreams. I would recommend Patrick harpur’s Daimonic Reality to anyone who asks about this kind of stuff, as well. If you want to hear some of my experiences, I would be glad to share. It might help me to process my experiences too, if I could get some other people’s perspectives on them. Just let me know and I will post a couple for you. I really enjoy this stuff.

One last thing, if you plan on lucid dreaming to astral travel, dream checks are pretty unreliable. Most lucids swear by them. My dreams are too realistic for this to work. I can touch things. I can read anything. I have used tablets and other electronics. Lots of things people say you can’t do. Reality checks for me come in identifying incongruous things. I figured out one time that I had to be dreaming when the house I was in had no bathroom. Stuff like that is what you look for.
From what i have read there are all kinds of entities out there. However we are generally more powerful with our imagination. So for example if they attack just imagine yourself as a 10ft tall hulk with armour on. Ive also read we move quicker than most as well.

I think I was somewhere I wasn’t supposed to be. I figured that out later.

I had a parent who was close to passing away. They weren’t really responsive, but they were restless. The previous night they kept demanding to be let in. Basically talking in their sleep. The night before they passed was my turn to have a restless night.

My first episode started with a dream. I am always aware that I am in a dream when I am dreaming. I am always lucid, but I have varying levels of control. In my dream i heard a loud crash. A voice that was not part of my dream interjected “There is something dark standing over you!” I woke immediately to sleep paralysis. But, I felt a pressure over my heart like someone was trying to use all their strength to push me down through the mattress in that one place. I was able to speak and ordered whatever it was to get off of me. This stopped the situation. I have had sleep paralysis before on several occasions, but have never felt physically assaulted. My chest still hurt even after it was over. It was still sore in the morning, but no marks.

So I go back to sleep. After a while I found myself just floating. Kind of like I was levitating or flying. I am suspended with dark all around me. I notice a hallway beside me. It reminded me of a hospital corridor. It just was kind of there in the nothingness. No building around it, just a hallway. It was illuminated by a golden light. It appeared to go on a ways and then turn a corner, so you couldn’t see all the way down. There appeared to be a woman around the corner. She would peek around at me and then hide. She did this several times. I thought she was interested in meeting me, but too shy to come forward. So I decided to go to her. I floated/flew up the hall and around the corner until I was right in front of her. I smiled and said hello. It was a big mistake. I have never had anyone act as terrified of me as she did in the next moment. I was totally surprised by her reaction. She had a pure look of horror on her face, and she began screaming as loud as she could. Then something happened that has never happened before or after to me in lucid dreaming. I basically got bound. I could not move at all. What I could see froze and sort of smeared, and all I could hear was one tone of her scream. The best I can compare it to is the tv when a video game malfunctions and locks up. I could still think. So I decided I would throw myself against the walls of my invisible prison and try to break free. As I did this I could feel my sleeping body move and it allowed me to wake up. Looking back I wonder if it was “The” tunnel of light, and how I chose to perceive it. Everyone describes it differently in the NDEs. Not sure why I got treated that way if it was. Usually they seem to just say it’s not your time. Never heard of anyone coming upon the tunnel of light while dreaming. Don’t know if it is a thing. I only have thought of that possibility after the fact.

You don’t have to make yourself big and scary to fight stuff. If you “know” they can’t hurt you, then they can’t. I don’t have nightmares anymore ever.

I think I was somewhere I wasn’t supposed to be. I figured that out later.

I had a parent who was close to passing away. They weren’t really responsive, but they were restless. The previous night they kept demanding to be let in. Basically talking in their sleep. The night before they passed was my turn to have a restless night.

My first episode started with a dream. I am always aware that I am in a dream when I am dreaming. I am always lucid, but I have varying levels of control. In my dream i heard a loud crash. A voice that was not part of my dream interjected “There is something dark standing over you!” I woke immediately to sleep paralysis. But, I felt a pressure over my heart like someone was trying to use all their strength to push me down through the mattress in that one place. I was able to speak and ordered whatever it was to get off of me. This stopped the situation. I have had sleep paralysis before on several occasions, but have never felt physically assaulted. My chest still hurt even after it was over. It was still sore in the morning, but no marks.

So I go back to sleep. After a while I found myself just floating. Kind of like I was levitating or flying. I am suspended with dark all around me. I notice a hallway beside me. It reminded me of a hospital corridor. It just was kind of there in the nothingness. No building around it, just a hallway. It was illuminated by a golden light. It appeared to go on a ways and then turn a corner, so you couldn’t see all the way down. There appeared to be a woman around the corner. She would peek around at me and then hide. She did this several times. I thought she was interested in meeting me, but too shy to come forward. So I decided to go to her. I floated/flew up the hall and around the corner until I was right in front of her. I smiled and said hello. It was a big mistake. I have never had anyone act as terrified of me as she did in the next moment. I was totally surprised by her reaction. She had a pure look of horror on her face, and she began screaming as loud as she could. Then something happened that has never happened before or after to me in lucid dreaming. I basically got bound. I could not move at all. What I could see froze and sort of smeared, and all I could hear was one tone of her scream. The best I can compare it to is the tv when a video game malfunctions and locks up. I could still think. So I decided I would throw myself against the walls of my invisible prison and try to break free. As I did this I could feel my sleeping body move and it allowed me to wake up. Looking back I wonder if it was “The” tunnel of light, and how I chose to perceive it. Everyone describes it differently in the NDEs. Not sure why I got treated that way if it was. Usually they seem to just say it’s not your time. Never heard of anyone coming upon the tunnel of light while dreaming. Don’t know if it is a thing. I only have thought of that possibility after the fact.

You don’t have to make yourself big and scary to fight stuff. If you “know” they can’t hurt you, then they can’t. I don’t have nightmares anymore ever.

Thats a scary thing. I thought they cant hurt us either however sounds like something hurt you. I read one story from 1 guy that an entity was attempting to wipe his mind, he managed to fight it off by imagining he had a shield or something on his head.

Crazy stuff!

Rich2150x on youtube and his stories on it are quite good. The mind wipe was a comment on there. Definitely worth a read

I will check him out. I think I have fairly radical beliefs about dreams and dream characters. But it goes back to my beliefs about astral travel and lucid dreams. I believe that most dream characters are not as they appear. I think most are sentient and not created by us. Our minds affect the reality that we experience in the dreams. But they have some control and can alter their appearance. I also believe that we talk by telepathy or mind to mind. You don’t always see lips moving and usually I don’t think you are really hearing them. I will not say that you don’t hear at all. As I have heard music in my dreams. Try to decide for yourself next time you have a conversation in a dream what is going on. It is not as straightforward as you think.

I had a dream character ask me my name once. My assumption up to then was a dream character was a product of my mind and already knew my name. I had never had one ask me that question before and did not believe it was something they could or would ask. She asked just as I was getting close to waking. As if she knew it was time for me to go. I am not good at being deceitful in a dream or waking life for that matter. As I gave her my name, I thought maybe this is not so smart what am I dealing with here. She didn’t give hers. I should have asked, too. But anyway, she told me that she would never forget me and called me by name. Then I woke up.

Last edited:
Hello, so I'm not sure if this is the right place for my experience but I don't know what else it might be. I was hoping if you'd listen to my story , you could tell me if this is an obe experience or not.
So, I was taking a nap, but I wasn't asleep just yet. I started hearing someone speaking but it was like it was interrupted or something( like when a TV has no signal and the connection is too bad) . The more the time passed the more clearly and continuously I could listen to him.( it was like I was standing next to him). It felt too strange , like I knew him or he knew me, and felt safe just listening to his voice , even though I knew this wasn't a dream and definitely wasnt normal.After that I was starting to feel a little dizzy and felt like my soul was leaving my body.(cant explain it) I got a little anxious but not scared at all, and I tried to move to see If i would still feel like i was floating/flying, and then was when i realised i was sleep paralyzed. I tried to move or talk but I couldn't. Eventually, I suddenly felt like my body was whole again, (soul and body connected) and I managed to move.
So that was my experience, I would be grateful if you could read it and tell me your opinion. Sorry for the big paragraph.
Thankyou in advance.

Yes, that sound a bit like an OBE. The first part, the voice of someone who seemed familiar, that is interesting too, though it isn't usually expected with an OBE.

You mentioned sleep paralysis. That is normal. It can sometimes be a frightening thing, to wake up after normal sleep and find oneself unable to move. It usually passes fairly soon.

For me, when deliberately trying to have an OBE I voluntarily enter a kind of sleep paralysis. That is, I can move if I choose to, but I deliberately let go of all the body, while remaining within it. That is usually my starting point, when I can no longer feel my body, I may leave it. After returning from an OBE there is (for me at least) usually a little while of body paralysis, before I am fully back and integrated again.

Yes, that sound a bit like an OBE. The first part, the voice of someone who seemed familiar, that is interesting too, though it isn't usually expected with an OBE.

You mentioned sleep paralysis. That is normal. It can sometimes be a frightening thing, to wake up after normal sleep and find oneself unable to move. It usually passes fairly soon.

For me, when deliberately trying to have an OBE I voluntarily enter a kind of sleep paralysis. That is, I can move if I choose to, but I deliberately let go of all the body, while remaining within it. That is usually my starting point, when I can no longer feel my body, I may leave it. After returning from an OBE there is (for me at least) usually a little while of body paralysis, before I am fully back and integrated again.

Thanks for your response.

Yes the first part was completely strange for me too, because it calmed me very much. (don't know why). But why did I not feel like I exited my body? I felt like I was leaving it but not completely. Did not see my body or anything else, just kept hearing his voice and then suddenly I was in my body and everything was normal again.

Thanks for your response.

Yes the first part was completely strange for me too, because it calmed me very much. (don't know why). But why did I not feel like I exited my body? I felt like I was leaving it but not completely. Did not see my body or anything else, just kept hearing his voice and then suddenly I was in my body and everything was normal again.

For me (by the way, I don't really do this so much nowadays, my experiences were some years ago) it was a gradual process of becoming familiar with the feelings and process of leaving the body. The very earliest ones were very brief, could feel something beginning to happen, but it is very easy to be pulled back to the body. It took me many months of practice before anything significant happened.

"But why did I not feel like I exited my body? I felt like I was leaving it but not completely." - the thing is, to keep calm, maintain a steady state of mind. A slight distraction, even a thought, can end the experience before it is begun. If this does happen again, probably it will proceed a little further. Don't expect too much at first, after becoming more familiar, it should become easier. I found I did not see my body because I was still facing upwards, I saw the ceiling, then the roof timbers too as I moved upwards. I didn't have much control. A bit like when first learning to ride a bicycle, I could not steer properly while trying to keep my balance.

Hi Giaio!! Welcome to the forum! =)
I loved reading your experience! And Speedwells reply! I hope you try to contact this friend again... Or feel comfortable sharing more as it is revealed to you. =)
Just want to note a few things... I'm sure you've already answered your original question... We're all kind of relaying based on personal experience, territory that is clearly foreign, not an everyday sort of thing is it? But I would say yes it was as well!
Notes to share... Because the part of you having an out of body experience is a type of body! You may not have felt like you were exiting your body because your awareness was in this other body which was being identified as the host of your consciousness in that moment. You might recognize this other body or astral body as a part of your self, I wouldn't worry about- why it did not feel like you exited your body. You still show the signs... The floating sensation. The paralysis. The voice... I've heard voices too! So cool.
It wasn't until later in my attempts to project did I try looking at myself and only then could I see the aetheric arms raising out of the physical arms.
As for the paralysis, I learned a technique on how to break free from the paralysis. It's really simple and has worked for myself and others. If at any point you'd like to end your experience and break free you can direct your awareness/attention. Tell yourself everything is okay and send your attention to your big toe. Tell yourself, "I'm going to wiggle my big toe." Walla! Once you've made the effort to wiggle the toe, you'll begin moving it and break free...
When I first had sleep paralysis I had no clue what was happening, I was so scared and I could barely talk in this realm trying to scream for help and slam my head forward to wake up. It did not work... It seems though that you're very open to your experience, I am excited to read your next adventure!
~CP :)

Last edited:
Does anyone in here go the astral plane etc. Ive read a lot about different areas like game graphics 16 bit worlds, meeting entities some hostile some kind.

If anyone does i'd be interested in hearing thier experiences

Thanks

Briski, To answer your question we all do every night. I have come to understand that dreaming is actually in reality a OBE on the astral dimension. However one in which we are not commonly aware of being out of the body due to the fact that our lower ego is still tied our subconscious which tends to distort things that are actually occurring on the 4th dimension which has its own laws of physics where both mind and emotion play a much larger part in creating reality there. During our dream experience our astral senses are processing the days events that we had while on the physical plane. Plus it also is relaying perhaps important information to us that we may need to know during our awaking life on the physical. This is a natural process that all humans and many animals do while sleeping. So in many ways dreaming is soul having a experience for a brief moment the fourth dimension. So I would suggest that you keep a dream log by your bed at night. (In fact I need to do this again myself as I used to many years ago.) So when you awake up if you can remember ANYTHING of the dream write it down or it will fade away quickly. In time you will notice a pattern occurring. Places you have been to before in the dream world or people that you know there ect..

In time this will help you learn to ludic dream. Here the game chances. For now you have linked your physical consciousness with your astral consciousness. When this happens you have total control of your astral environment. For me when I have a lucid dream this triggers a conscious OBE. From that point on the dream ends and the conscious OBE beings. And having a OBE is a totally different experience all together. Because from this state of consciousness you realize you exist after death. And that their are other dimensions of reality far beyond the physical or even the astral worlds for that matter. So death on longer seems like a mystery anymore. As you meet others that have passed on from the physical world and explore other levels of realities that are somewhat different then ours, others are totally different then our worlds ect…. Your also meet other souls that have never been physical nor will they ever be because as soul they took a totally different path of spiritual evolution then that of man. It's a very different level of reality than our physical dimension where the laws of physics operate on a much higher level of creativity in responds to the mind and emotions. Yet it is still apart of our universe. Just a higher dimension or aspect of it.

Happy Travels....

Love and peace. P.

Closed this thread because there is already another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back