past life memory all my current life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by chippy, Jan 30, 2010.

1. chippy

chippy New Member

Since I was a wee girl child, I have had the memory of being an American Native male. As a teen, I felt like a warrior, even doing mundane chores gave me the feel of being a warrior, raking leaves, handling a spear, etc. I know I lived before with 2 brothers, I had a father. My horse was a paint and I loved the smell and feel of riding with my brothers. One day, the three of us were riding up a hill, in Oregon. On a different hill sat 2 men, one of them with a rifle drawn on me. He was a soldier. The other asked him why and he said, "Because he is an Indian" and shot me in the back. The shot did not kill me, but the fall down the side of the mountainous hill eventually did. One brother stayed with me, putting leaves and mud on my wounds. My horse fell with me and died. The other brother rode to get our father. I died there on the bottom of that cliff. In my current life, I married young and one day remembered my visions of the past life. I also remembered the face of the man who shot me, it was my husband in this life. On my back, I have an odd birthmark, in the exact spot where I was shot. My husband in current life tried to kill me also, but I managed to get away. I continue to feel "Indian", even decades later. I did drive to Oregon and rode the highways looking for where I lived. I found the Siletz tribe in the exact spot I lived before, the place I remembered when I was only a little kid.
    When I rode my horse as a teen, I felt even then that she and I were connected through time. I know she was the same horse who died with me in Oregon in our other lives. My entire life I have been homesick for the Native ways, to go back. The pull is so great that it has drawn me to travel across the country more than once to go home. But there is no home to go back to anymore. I feel so displaced.

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Hi Chippy, and welcome to the Forum.

The feeling of displacement is quite common with most of the good people here. Everyone who remembers a past life will naturally feel this way, as you will find documented in so many cases. You may find many cases of people feeling out of place, especially with many of the documented cases of young children. There are so many good sources at this site, which will reassure you that you are not alone.

If you really do remember your tribal life in the Northwest, you may want to contact a Tribal Elder in that area. Fortunately, they are still around, and they often receive people, who can show a knowledge of the "old ways". They may put you off at first, because they often encounter posers. However, once they have determined your sincerity, they will very warmly receive you into their family.

Please bear in mind, however, that none of us here are allowed to counsel you in making any decisions. All we can really do is empathize with your situation, and to make certain information available as pertains to reincarnation. I can personally tell you that I would read as much as possible on the subject of reincarnation; and write everything down that could be evidence. I have found writing to be a valuable tool for sorting things out.

We will be most interested in your observations, and hope that you will keep in contact regarding your interest in reincarnation.

-Nightrain

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi chippy, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing :)

I'm sorry to hear that you feel so unsettled with your present life, and your experience with your husband. Have you tried to find out more about the past through regression or meditation? Maybe it'll help you see what issues, if any, keep you tied to that particular lifetime? I think a lot of people who visit this forum can relate to your feeling of homesickness, so you're not alone. Maybe you've already seen this thread: How can I learn about my past lives?

Chris :)

4. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome, Chippy. :)

Sometimes we can long for a certain past life so much it feels better than the one we're living right now. While it happens and is normal, I don't think it's healthy, if we are not talking about passing feelings and missing something in a good way, with a smile on your face.

Like Chris, I'd suggest you try to work around that past life and its memories to find out why it was so important to you, and what it was that was there, but you feel is lacking now.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Karoliina

5. chippy

chippy New Member

Thanks for your comments

Thanks to those of you who commented. It is just nice to be able to talk about it to anyone who won't think I'm nuts. My family is ok with it, after all, it has been a part of me for their whole lives. I know that I do not want to go through the negative aspect of my lives with my exhusband anymore. This time, I have forgiven him for trying to take my life. We talk. That is as far as I want it to go.

In the life as a Native American, the brother that stayed with me is my son in this life. He is every bit as nurturing to me now as he was then. He and I have a special connectiveness that if I have a nightmare, he calls me from another state to wake me and ask if I am ok. Once, I was driving late and fell asleep at the wheel. He called me on my cell phone and woke me, asking again if I was all right. I can get him to call me simply by meditating and thinking of him and how special he is to me. He can get me to call him also. I know we have been together for many lifetimes and will continue to do so. There is a connection there that death can't sever.

As to why I long for that particular life so much, I think that it is because I did not die of natural causes. I died when I was young, when I was having fun and my life was ahead of me. I think I miss the way life was then and part of me is wanting to go back and finish that life the way it would have been if I had not been murdered. My homesickness is natural, I think. If I had to suddenly leave where I live now to go to another state, I would feel the same way, homesick and filled with the desire to go back and be where I felt I belonged, the place to which I feel connected. I think that is why I long so much for that life, that time in all my times.

6. purple

purple New Member

hello everybody, hello chippy

i'm new to the forum too and i would like to introduce myself by commenting your last thread. i know how sad it is to feel estranged, i felt that way all of my life. i've always felt like i was born in the wrong country, because i never liked the way it looks, cities, architecture, culture, language and even food! i moved abroad once and i was much happier, though i had to come back for working reasons. anyway, all of my boyfriends were foreign and i married an australian guy. i also picked a job that makes me travel abroad all the time... i still feel like an alien here, i guess it must be my first life in this country!! :D

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with that chippy, 100% :thumbsup:

purple, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way too. Not wanting to hijack chippy's thread at all, but briefly, have you tried, or do you have any desire to find out why you feel that way?

8. purple

purple New Member

Hello again Chris,

I don't know why I always felt this way about my country and culture, but this was one of the reasons why I started reading about reincarnation and past lives many years ago.

There are other reasons (possible past lives memories), but mainly it was my need to find out why I was always feeling so out of place. Since I was a child I've been fascinated by all english speaking countries, always felt at home there, especially in the US and in Australia.

purple

9. chippy

chippy New Member

About our feelings of estrangement

Purple, I know exactly what you mean. One of the things that has helped me in this life is my interest in genealogy. I have found out recently that most all of my family has some Native

American in it, a fact that was hidden from us as we grew up. So, I have been going to a tribe in South Ga to learn the old ways, to try to connect with that ethnic part of who I once was. I hope to prove my ancestral links to this heritage and get my Indian name and my feather. I think that by doing this, I will get some satisfaction. Although, I must say that I have come to realize that it will never be as I remember. The people even at the tribe are 21st century people. They are trying to maintain old ways, but it is still different and they are Georgia, not Oregon. However, I do go to a Navajo reservation every couple of years and camp on a mesa and feel closer than I have felt all my life to who I once was. I am going to try to go back to Oregon and camp at the reservation there. I am hesitant because of fear and what ifs. What if I don't find my closure there, what if it is not at all what I remember? But I have to try. I have to drive, walk, even ride that path again and get past it, not die in that spot again. Maybe then, I can finish this life without this deep longing for something that no longer exists.

10. purple

purple New Member

finding your roots

Hi chippy and thank you for your reply.

I understand your need to find out more about your native american life, in the end that's exactly why all of us are here talking about this right now:because we miss something, because we need answers. The longing you feel for your origins, your people and your culture is natural, also because you lead a totally different life now, and I guess you miss all the spiritual baggage of wisdom that all native carry along with them.

I think you chose a wonderful way to approach all this and I'm sure that it will make you feel better.

I know time and places are different now, and you probably feel like you're getting close to something you can't really catch, but remember you are a different person too in this life.

You won't have your old life back, we know that, but you have to keep on looking for your roots. Knowing who you were, what your people knew and believed in will help you live better in the present and in the future.

Strong roots make plants grow.

Take care.

purple