Past-life nemesis becomes this-life child

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by KarenF, Dec 1, 2002.

1. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

Hi all:

In another thread, Charles wrote about his son having been his enemy, and a reconciliation in this life:
    I'd like to share my own similar experience.

My father in this life sexually abused me while I was growing up... starting around age 11 and ending 18 or so, when I told him, "Never again." Eventually I sued him and he settled for a substantial sum. Four months later he died, of lung cancer.

My four-year-old son was conceived literally within days of my father's death. It may seem strange that I know the date of conception -- May 21, 1997 -- but not the date of death, somewhere from a week to three weeks before that... Basically, I know the conception date because I am a lesbian, and we plan these things ... and I don't know the death date because my father had become so estranged from the rest of my family, that his common-law widow (not my mother) didn't even inform us of his death, and the family friend who told us wasn't certain of the date.

Anyway, that closeness of timing made me wonder... could my son be my father, reincarnated? That was too awful a thing to contemplate, and so I put it out of mind for a couple of years.

In 2000 my own past life memories started coming up, and after some months of work on it, I revisited this issue. A friend who is a muscle-testing expert not only muscle-tested me, but several other people to get independent confirmations, before she told me: yes, my son was indeed the reincarnation of my father.

All I felt at first was horror. Horror that my beautiful little child was the same consciousness as that miserable sociopathic old monster... horror that I was sure to fall short in loving him as a mother should, because how could I love him knowing that? Horror that I'd ever opened up this can of worms; I felt I'd have been better off never knowing. I wondered, why the heck would I let him back into my life as my child? One friend, a spiritual healer and homeopath, told me, "He came back to learn love at your breast," and that was a nice possibility, but... but...! I wasn't sure I could keep that up.

But then something amazing happened, when he was two or three.

My father had never denied that he did what he did, at least until lawyers were involved. But he also never ever apologized for it to me. I was waiting -- not with much hope, but keeping the possibility open in my mind -- and he went to his grave without saying "Sorry."

My partner was energy work on me, trying to get me to release some emotion; and what the emotion was about, as it turned out, was my father and the incest. Meanwhile my son was playing around us as usual, but he seemed to be in a little distress.

As a rule he is not a very verbal boy, as he has autism, and he was much less so then than now. So I thought at first he was babbling, as he often did, when he said, "I'm sorry." But he kept saying it, emphatically -- "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" -- until my partner and I both realized what he was saying. Then he said, "I never said it."

We were both stunned. I was torn between disbelief, and tears of relief and joy that I barely allowed myself to shed, due to the disbelief. But there was no denying it; we'd both heard him say it, repeatedly, and at the appropriate time. And he'd transcended his autism to do it, too.

I guess I could accept it as a miracle because my life had become full of miracles by then.

I cuddled him as I'd never cuddled him, and told him over and over through my tears, "I love you." My fear that I would fail in the love department was cured; it became easy, again, after that, and has been since. Nor have I been bothered by emotional residue from the incest. I guess he paid off a big karmic debt right then. Well, why wait?

Everyone should have at least one such beautiful moment in their lives...

Warmly
    Karen

[This message has been edited by KarenF (edited 12-01-2002).]

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Karen,

I am so moved by your experience. Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing it!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful opportunity for healing -and for love to grow. A special knowing to be sure. Congratulations also -on your ability -to let your heart lead you.

------------------
    Deborah

"I have no more words. Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face." ---Rumi

3. Deborah

This is such a special story -it's back up to the top Karen.
    Seems like the popular posts are the ones where the debates rage on. This one is so subtle -so innocent. The truth of reincarnation lies in posts such as these.

I am entitled to my opinion. *S*S

------------------
    Deborah

"I have no more words. Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face." ---Rumi

4. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

You're right, Deborah, I have been so very busy that sometimes I simply don't have the time to go through all the threads, only to be sorry I missed them when I finally get round to them much later.

Karen, what a sad and beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing it...

5. Charles Stuart

Karen, have you ever been able to dig in further into your past histories? Some past life that might help explain why your father did what he did to you in this life?

6. Marg

Marg Senior Registered

Sometimes there is no point in trying to understand "why" violence occurs. It is often for no reason. It often makes no sense whatsoever.

Just my $.02

Marg

7. Marg

Marg Senior Registered

http://www.909shot.com

This is a link to an organization called the National Vaccine Information
    Center. Learn more about vaccines, diseases and how to protect your informed consent rights.

"Lawsuits have been filed by parents across the country who are convinced that their children suffered severe neurological damage from the mercury in the vaccines."

I have read your post with interest, Karen. I feel that such a deep sharing calls for deep well thought out responses. I haven't responded yet, but your story is on my mind.

Wouldn't it be funny if in THIS lifetime, you are again awarded money through court, but this time for HIS suffering? Hmmmm.

Marg

8. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

Hi all:

Deborah, thanks for your appreciation! It's nice to know that people are moved by what was so significant to me. (That goes for everyone who was moved.)

Charles, I've found other past lives, but no definite explanation of my father's actions. There are so many possibilities, karmic and non-karmic... to be honest, it's not a burning issue to me, to find out why. What's important has been to do my healing, and to break the cycle, as it were -- not to abuse my own kids. What's it matter why, when I'm not a psychologist trying to come up with prevention strategies? He said sorry; that's all I need.

Marg, thanks for the NVIC reference, though I know them well already! Not a chance I can sue for Raphi's problems; because I did research that included checking out their site, I never had him vaccinated. I have a theory that it's possible for vaccines to cause damage in the next generation, but that hasn't been proven, or even entertained, in scientific circles, so that there's no way I could make a case a court would buy. Thanks for the thought anyway.

Love & peace,
    Karen

9. Charles Stuart

Karen, the only "beauty" in your story is in the capacity of forgiving...

I have just come back from yet another hard day at work, and throughout the day I expected you to ask: "Where is the beauty in all this?"

I'll be back tomorrow morning (after a good night's sleep) to add some more...

Charles

10. Deborah

Charles - I am interested in your thoughts. It has been a while -but I am sure you are on to something *S*S*S :)

11. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

An interesting story about love, forgiveness and understanding -- for new members. ;)

Aili

12. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

What an incredible opportunity to heal...and how you must love the child that is your son...a sense of love going so far beyond the mere physical illusion we now embody. Thank you for sharing it...even so long ago. I was brought to tears in my office and had to splash water on my face before going to interview a client!

It has been my experience that primary soul mates often play critical roles in our lives, both from a positive and negative point of view. My primary, an ex-fiance in this lifetime, was a lover who betrayed me in colonial america, she was male and killed me in a blood feud in Ireland and I had her killed before me in ancient Egypt. Her small role as the fiance in this lifetime cut an immense swathe in how my life is lived now...and was essential, despite its pain.

13. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

Well! Been a while.

Long enough that my son is now 13. Our relationship is good as ever, even though his autism makes it hard for us to converse. I haven't heard him mention anything else past-life related; if he's like the typical kid, he forgot age 6-8.

I am writing in answer to Charles' question of why the sexual abuse happened to me, as I've had more recent insights. I stepped away from the whole reincarnation thing for several years due to being uncomfortable with the uncertainty surrounding the whole field, but was thrown back into it with a bang due to a course I took which examines past reasons for current problems. Honestly, I thought this-life traumas had been the real cause of my major problems. But there I was, thrown back 500 years again.

In the life I'm talking about, I was unjustly executed basically for a) refusing to betray my religion and my principles, i.e. standing in my truth and b) being self-expressed to the point of prominence, because if I hadn't been, I'd have slipped under the radar and they'd have left me alone. Before the execution I was imprisoned for eleven months, living in dread of the English "traitor's death" of the time, the most gruesome and painful form of execution you can imagine. (It was commuted to beheading, but I didn't know that until just before.)

What I realized was that sometime--before or during or after the execution--I made a subconscious decision never to allow myself to sufficiently express myself to become prominent ever again, for all eternity. (Full self-expression creates fame.) Part of how I've done that in subsequent lives, I realized, is choose parents who will damage my self-esteem, make me feel small and helpless and ashamed of myself, and so unlikely to take the creative or leadership risks that can lead to prominence.

In this life, I am rescinding that decision... (I quote my spirit guides: "Be fully self-expressed, and get your head chopped off! It's not that big a deal!" Meaning, in the greater scheme of things, i.e. across lives, eleven months of hell followed by death is not nearly as horrible as stifling oneself for many lives in succession.) I agree, but it's a tough ride trying to change the core belief. At least I've learned some good new techniques.

I hope that fully answers Charles's question.

14. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

Amazing story, thank you for sharing. That makes lot of sense. It seemed like you were afraid it was gonna happen, that your father will come back, and it seemed a good clue. I wonder...

Were there ever any other signs that your child was your father?

15. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

For some reason I was thinking about your story a lot recently. I oftentimes think of things I read on here. Do you know why your son chose an autistic life this time around?

16. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

More answers to the whole thing

...are what come to you when you get a reincarnation researcher interested in an occurrence like this and he decides to do a paper on it. Because he'll ask you questions drawn from his 30-odd years of experience studying reincarnation cases, and get you motivated to do more digging yourself. And he'll spot things that are significant that you missed.

My son is now 17 and more articulate. A few months back I asked him, "Did you choose me as your mom?" He nodded immediately, yes.

"How come?" I asked him.

"Because I love you."

Did I mention our relationship is fantastic? Out of this miserable life with awful relationships right from the getgo, I've forged this beautiful one. Not to deny him credit, as it always requires both, of course. He was the one who came back to say what I needed to hear.

The paper Jim Matlock has written -- as yet incomplete, but still comprehensive -- is now the best version of this story extant, better than mine. I'm "Katherine Mitchell," of course. It discusses his autism, which neither Jim nor I think he chose, but was rather a matter of genetics. Click here to read.

--

17. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

More answers to the whole thing

...are what come to you when you get a reincarnation researcher interested in an occurrence like this and he decides to do a paper on it. Because he'll ask you questions drawn from his 30-odd years of experience studying reincarnation cases, and get you motivated to do more digging yourself. And he'll spot things that are significant that you missed.

My son is now 17 and more articulate. A few months back I asked him, "Did you choose me as your mom?" He nodded immediately, yes.

"How come?" I asked him.

"Because I love you."

He was then the recipient of a whomping hug, of course.

Did I mention our relationship is fantastic? Out of this miserable life with awful relationships right from the getgo, I've forged this beautiful one. Not to deny him credit, as it always requires both, of course. He was the one who came back into my life to say what I needed to hear.

The paper Jim Matlock has written -- as yet incomplete, but still comprehensive -- is now the best version of this story extant, better than mine. I'm "Katherine Mitchell," of course. @Demi, it discusses more signs. @Obie, it discusses his autism, which neither Jim nor I think he chose, but was rather a matter of genetics. Thanks for thinking of us.

Click here to read.

--

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015