Physical signs of reincarnation

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Val, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Val

Val Member

It has been a few years since I have read Carol's first book, Childrens past lives, but I seem to remember her (son?) had developed a patch of exzema on his wrist that was related to a past life trama, and that when the trama was remembered and resolved the exzema went away.

About a year ago my husband developed a small patch of exzema on his forhead. When he uses a perscription strength hydroquarterzone cream it heals up, only to return a short while later.

Now having had to deal with exzema myself all my life, I realize that breakouts usually occur from allergies, either food or environment. But since his diet and environment hasn't changed much over the past few years, and since the breakout is only on a small (about the size of a silver dollar) portion of his forhead, I am wondering if it could be related to a past life trama?

2. jhskulk

jhskulk New Member

It's not impossible, but keep in mind that many problems we experience in this life indeed come from this life, and not past lives. I suggest you try some more to get the eczema dealt with by "conventional" means. However, if you find that it simply will not go away, no matter what, then it may indeed be past life "residue."

However, I doubt your husband's would be from a past life experience - those usually manifest at birth or shortly after, not adulthood. Yours, however, if it has been lifelong and you cannot handle it through conventional means, then yes, you might be looking at past life trauma.

3. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Hi Val

I very much agree with the post of jhskulk.

It does not need much of a change for an allergy to appear - it can also be psychological.

I have friends who develope cold sore or herpes when they are upset - or one even when she sees mold - there are many possibilities.

However having said that it certainly would not harm to have a regression and see if a pl explanation comes up.

Clivia

4. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with the others, it could be a sign, but there are many other just as plausible reasons. Val do you have other reasons for thinking past lives, other than the skin condition? There are some good threads regarding scars and birth marks, I'm sure you'll find very interesting.

Jhskulk...I love the new terminology "past life residue"...it could catch on:rolleyes:.

Tinkerman

5. Val

Val Member

Thank you for the responces.

At first I thought it was just a contact allergy, but he has been dealing with it for a year. It heals up than in a very short time breaks out again.

I am now kind of leaning toward psychological, as he does have anxiety attacks, and I strongly have reason to believe he has adult ADD; However, I do have a few reasons to think it may be past life related.

My husband is from a penticostal family, and until recently was not open to the idea of reincarnation. He has a birthmark on his side under his left arm that looks like a bullet wound. One night about a year or so ago we were argueing about something, and he said something about how people had it better in the 1930's. I don't know why, but I said, "you had it so much better that you got shot." He got real quiet for a minute than he started having trouble breathing. It was like a panic attack, only worse in some ways. I finally got him calmed down, but he was very emotional and even crying a little. He said he didn't know why he had such an extreme reaction, but he had always feared getting shot in the head.

What is strange is that the birthmark is on his left side under his arm, not on his head. Maybe he had been shot more than once. He has always been fascinated with the 1930's gangster history and stories.

As for a regression; he has just started thinking that reincarnation may be possible, so I don't know how open he would be to a regression just yet.

6. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Hi Val

thanks for this interesting information.

You are right - take it easy with your husband - if he only started to think about reincarnation.

But I am sure it helps him that he can talk to you about reincarnation and his interest in the 1930s and about his fears.

Does he know about this forum ?

Clivia

7. Val

Val Member

Yes, he knows about the forum, but he just doesn't seem very interested in investigating past lives at this time. I am just glad that he no longer lumps reincarnation in with Santanism, or believes I am going to hell because I believe we reincarnate.

Not that he was ever fanatical in his beliefs, it was just the beliefs he was raised with. Childhood belief systems are hard to overcome, especially when one does not like to think for themselves much. He's getting better, but most of the time he's more likely to go along with the crowd than think things through for himself. I don't like to push him. I figure he will come around when he's ready, and if he doesn't, well thats his choice.

8. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Hi Val

I think you are absolutely right by not pushing your husband.

As you said he will look into it more when he is ready.

There is the old saying :'when the student is ready the teacher will appear'

well in your case his 'teacher' :) is already here - he just needs to open his eyes - and he will in his own good time

Clivia

9. Val

Val Member

I like that saying. It reminds me of my Dad. He gave me a book about the life story of Edgar Cayce when I was about 14 years old, and he said, " If you don't want to read this now just put it up somewhere. You,ll come back to it when you're ready." I put the book up, than about a year later I read the book from cover to cover in one night. It opened my mind to a world of possibilities and gave me much to discuss with my Dad. He would talk philosophy with me when I was in my teens, but never went deeper than I could comprehend at the time. As I grew older and my understanding expanded, our conversations deepened. He died in June of 1997. He had just turned 70 a month before. I still miss him.

Ironically my 17 year old daughter, who has trained as a Wiccan (Her Dad doesn't know this), and believes herself to be a protector, and wants to be a spiritual healer, says she feels that her Grandpa has already reincarnated.

But we don't think he came back as my 8 year old son. They are just way too different, and my son seems like a less expierenced soul than my Dad was. The only other children born into our immediate family in the past ten years is my niece born a couple months after my son, and a great niece born in 2002. Niether one of these girls seem like they could have been my Dad; Although I did feel a strong connection to the younger one, (she lives in Hawaii so I haven't seen much of her) but last time I visited, when she was three, we really seemed to hit it off. If my Dad has already come back, I don't think he is in our family this time, but who knows?

10. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Val

you have a very wise father - I use on purpose the present time - because you will always be connected to this very soul -

he does not necessarely incarnate into you biological family - I am sure you will feel it if you meet this soul in this incarnation.

Thank you for sharing this precious memory

Clivia

11. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI Val,

A beautiful approach your father had. Very wise indeed. Thank you for sharing this. )*()*(

A friend of mine - his sister - has a terrible skin condition. I often wonder if it is past life related.

12. Val

Val Member

I have speculated that my exzema may be related to learning both physical and emotional tolerance. It was at i'ts worst from the ages of about 5 to about 12 years old. Over the years, every once in awhile I would have a major breakout. This usually happened during times of stress.

Sometimes I wonder if those who have never had exzema can even understand what it is like to have unsightly painful rashes that weep and itch so bad that you can't even sleep. You definately learn at least physical tolerance the hard way.

13. teacup

teacup member

birthmarks, physical signs also..

I noticed today another small new birthmark... I am surprised that they occur after birth too... how do they happen? I want to stop getting them . They are dark and I don't like the way they look how do i stop them from coming.. I think they could be past life related.

14. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

I've often heard of changes in skin color etc. after birth. What makes you think it is past-life related? Does it correspond to any memories or past life dreams?

15. Val

Val Member

Wow! I have never heard of birthmarks that appear later in life. What do they look like, and where are they located? Maybe it is related to an unresolved emotional issue from a past life?

My older sister said I had a heart shaped birthmark on my hand when I was born, but it disappeared when I was a few months old.

16. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi teacup,

I think maybe it would be a good precaution to get that checked over by a doctor before you consider a past-life related cause.

It could be a fully treatable skin condition - :)

17. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Good point Chris. I've never heard of birth marks appearing later. Seems that would take some physiological changes in the skin that might be something else. Best to be safe.

Tman

18. teacup

teacup member

well i have had one on my leg since birth, and they look just like that except tiny, same though. There is no blister or skin reaction or even a mole appearance. it looks exactly like the one i was born with. they are so small about the size of a small button. I don't have pain there or burning, anything. I just don't like birthmarks. they are not cute. i will ask my doc when I go, but i have a feeling she is going to tell me, well your pigment is just darker there...

alaskanlaughter, i only have one pl dream where i was shot in the back by a soldier. i was caught. but thats all. i think it was during WWII.

19. sailorbychoice

sailorbychoice New Member

There are also, what may seem, totally unrelated causes for some skin outbreaks. I developed psoriasis on my knees and elbows. My ortho-doc told me that it is common for outbreaks like this to show up in relationship with spinal degeneration disease and arthritis (which I have). I am a firm believer in PL, but here and now causes and effects should be investigated before jumping to PL conclusions, especially with adults. I think it is better to mistake on the conservative side, rather than jump to wrong conclusions.

20. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum, Sailorbychoice. :)

You're right it's good to see a doctor when you're having problems, but I also think there's nothing wrong in trying to solve the possible PL impications, either. It doesn't have to mean anything very radical - just meditating or doing a regression asking yourself if some PL is related to this particular problem.

Things can also be very complicated and inter-connected. Do you know if your spinal problems and arthritis are linked to some PL experiences? They could be. ;)

I hope you enjoy this forum and will continue participating. It's great to have you here. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

21. sailorbychoice

sailorbychoice New Member

no, my back problems are due to service-related injuries... damaged the back, then arthritis attacked the weak spots.

22. teacup

teacup member

I am def. healthy and A ok. :) I actually just read somewhere that skin can develope darker pigments after birth during our life. I am super cautious about body illness and those things, and for sure this is just darker skin pigment..Just annoying that's all ;) I am a sunscreen fanatic so I like my skin happy and clear all the time! :D

23. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm glad to hear that, teacup - :thumbsup: