• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Pleased to meet you all and any Cathars!

Hi S&S, I suspect that in your case you were in one way or another, part of the Cathars at that time, in order to account for your deep attachment to that group.

As for longings, I had something of my own, a deep longing to rediscover some lost and forgotten or buried knowledge. But for me the search was in the land, I would visit ancient sites across Britain and Ireland, as well as much further afield. Often all I could do was ponder and contemplate what had been in our far past - some of those sites are typically dating from about 4,000 years ago. I also have a different kind of attachment for Ice-Age life in general and also in cave art. All of these things have me reflecting, and especially those 4,000-year old sites.

Of course I've done lots of reading, but much of it is simply speculation with no real solidity to it. I carried on this hunt for some hidden knowledge for many years. And then, without my really noticing when it happened, there was a shift. I started to realise that everything I needed was right here, right now. Partly, learning to trust myself and my own instincts, particularly through prayer as well as my own dreams. But also I think in my case it was researching the prodigious quantities of near-death experiences which are reported in the present era. This is one thing which has reassured me that miracles and revelations are not something confined to the distant past, but are to be found today. Though the label NDE includes the word 'death', it is very much about life. People on such journeys often bring back insights not so much into the so-called afterlife, but insights about this present life here.

At any rate, one way or another, my longings have come to some sort of an end, I suppose I found what I was looking for. For me, it is something very simple, there is no need for words. S&S, I sincerely wish you well and hope you find what you are looking for, in your own terms.

Hi Speedwell,

"As for longings, I had something of my own, a deep longing to rediscover some lost and forgotten or buried knowledge. . . ."

Ditto.

"But for me the search was in the land, I would visit ancient sites across Britain and Ireland, as well as much further afield. . . ."

Not so much by visiting for me, as there are not as many sites of this type near where I live, but certainly by books and now the internet. However, though ancient sites have always intrigued me, my real search has generally been via the accumulated wisdom/religious/occult literature of various cultures. This was originally oriented towards Eastern sources, and later towards Western and especially Judeo-Christian sources. However, to some extent I have certainly "played favorites" even here.

"Of course I've done lots of reading, but much of it is simply speculation with no real solidity to it. I carried on this hunt for some hidden knowledge for many years. And then, without my really noticing when it happened, there was a shift. I started to realise that everything I needed was right here, right now. Partly, learning to trust myself and my own instincts, particularly through prayer as well as my own dreams."

Ditto, but I haven't been able to close the gap in terms of what modern research shows, nor have I been able to close the gap between who/what I am and who/what I would like to be. In terms of NDE's, I consider this type of research and reincarnation research to be complimentary. With NDEs, the survivor testifies to what it is like after death. It is research that looks forward to the "in-between". Those who remember PLs often are able to not only remember such lifetimes, but also to "look back" to before their birth to remember even more of the "in-between". However, for all of that, there is still a lot of ambiguity and blurriness about what is going on and where it leads.

In addition, though the foregoing is all useful and good to know, it does not really focus on personal transformation. This is where Kaye's regression memories and her PMs regarding the dream lessons she received made me wish to go much deeper along the path that was being outlined by her own teachers. There was something there that I was longing to explore and experience. Then it was suddenly cut off. So, here I am. I am drawn not as much by Catharism in its exoteric aspects as by its esoteric and mystical teachings and path, which may have been known only to a few (even among the consoled). Whether this "drawing" is also bolstered by my own past experience and/or recollections of a path I began but did not finish I cannot say, but I do wonder.

Cordially,
S&S

Well, another month has gone by, so it is time for me to "kick" this thread up again in hopes that someone with a Cathar background or interest will stop by. Maybe that will include some seemingly lost to Covid. As the famous date of August 21, 2021, is coming up, I will probably switch to once a week for awhile just in case something "interesting" happens or someone "interesting" notices and drops by.

Cordially,
S&S

Agreed, if the prophecy was a true prophecy. However, even if the prophecy comes true, it may begin with something small and grow from there. So, like the "mighty oak" beginning from the little acorn, it may just be the planting of something that will grow with time to be unmistakable.

Well, Saturday was the 21st, and I can't tell that anything happened. Has anyone noticed anything relevant that can be reported?

Hi Cyrus,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I was trying to wrap up work the first half of last week so that I could go out of town at the end of the week. Now I'm back and trying to catch up with things.

I wish I had something to report regarding the Cathars for this thread, but if anything happened on the 21st, it has not yet made it into the news (or otherwise come to my attention). I'm going to keep looking, but not hoping for much at this point.

Cordially,
S&S

Once a year (at least) I try to kick this thread up in the hopes that we have had someone with Cathar memories join the board and/or that something new has developed on that front. However, so far nothing. Honestly, I had forgotten about the approach of August 21st, but over the last few days have been seized by that same strange longing and wistfulness I associate with Catharism. It was only today that I remembered that it was once again August.

Well, it is almost August again, and I am here again. As usual, I seem to slip towards this type of thing as the anniversary of Belibaste's death and prophecy draws near. I found accessible copies of a couple of Arthur Guirdham's books online recently, and have just finished reading them through.

The first Guirdham book linked below [1] tells the long and tedious tale of his interactions with his first "Cathar" patient--referred to as "Mrs. Smith". I found it to be quite a grind, though I understand the reasons: He was a respected psychiatrist supporting reincarnation before it had much support at all, and I am sure he felt like he needed to document every step leading to his conclusion. In any case, he goes through chronologically, citing various dated interchanges and letters received from her. (I suppose he wanted to recount a lot of what was said by his patient verbatim, but the story unwinds at an achingly slow pace).

The second book (link [2]) is something of a summary of the prior book linked and two that followed involving the group of Cathars that reincarnated together at that time. It begins with a general history of Catharism and its suppression as Part One. This is followed by a discussion of certain topics (generally occult in nature) that came up over time that Guirdham wished to address. I liked and encourage reading of the first part and consider it to be as good a summary of the Cathars and their extermination as you are likely to get. The second part gets a bit too abstruse on some topics and a bit too "New Age" on others for my taste. However, I think some here will find it extremely interesting.

[1] https://archive.org/details/catharsreincarna0000guir/mode/2up

[2] https://archive.org/details/great-heresy-arthur-guirdham/mode/2up

My suggestion would be to read the first part of [2] to get necessary background. Then, if you're still interested enough to proceed further, you could do the long slog through [1], or move forward through the second part of [2].

Cordially,
S&S

PS--And as always, if there are any folks with Cathar PLs out there, please feel free to "sound off"! ;)

Last edited:
Hey sup light fam!
PL cathar here glad to hear there's others out there.
During the "ovid" lockdowns I was driving home crossing France through the south and was struck with how beautiful the landscape was feeling that I was back home, even tho I had never been there. Wept like a kid from joy. Then I had to stop the car because I was getting visions and relived a battle and dying there. It was snowy and it looked like a hill. Kinda looked like the one below Queribus but could have been somewhere else.
Anyways I see you guys are interested in resurrecting the teachings of back then for me it is enough to try be free from the NWO control freak psychopaths of today.
Enjoy summer!

Hi Surfin,

Welcome to the board. I will certainly look forward to reading about any memories you retain from the Cathar era. You may want to try to do a regression to see if you can recover anything more specific. Many on the board use regression videos from Youtube for this purpose, and have their own favorites. I don't find this has worked for me much in the past, but it certainly works for many.

Cordially,
S&S

I have another link, this one is to the third book in the story of the group reincarnation of Cathars in England in the mid-20th Century. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the second book online, but this one is fascinating and represents a much easier and more engaging read than the first in the series (IMO). It is a truly extraordinary book, tracing the links and lives between approximately a half dozen central characters and another approximately half dozen peripheral characters through five past lifetimes, shared in 4th Century Rome, the 7th Century Celtic Church, the 13th Century Cathar Movement, the late 18th and early 19th Century Napoleonic Era in France, and the present era in and around England.

In reading Guirdham's books I have felt that I finally found an online source for "relatively" trustworthy information on Catharism. This is not a feeling I had after reading many scholarly papers and a scholarly book or two--all being primarily based on Inquisition records and the like. A recommendation of this type is also not something I would usually do, based on some of Guirdham's sources of information vs. the orthodox sources used by scholars. But, what and who one trusts is not always based on their scholarly credentials or sources. Guirdham's credentials are respectable both as a trained doctor and psychiatrist as well as an author, and he has done a lot of research in the region and spoken to notable French scholars of his era, but mostly I trust him because . . . . Here I have to pause. I suppose I have to say that some things just have the "ring of truth" to them.

That does not mean that everything he has written is accurate or correct or even "likable", but only that I found very little of that "ring" in the scholarly materials I read. His writings have, however, made me a bit uncomfortable in one respect: Guirdham utterly blasts Christianity and the God of the Old Testament from time-to-time. It was apparent to me that this was a stronger current in him than in the other Cathars described, living and disembodied, that he associated with after his first book. But it still made me more than a little bit uncomfortable. He is also a very up-front exponent of absolute dualism, and gives no credit to anything else. I am and probably was a mitigated dualist at the time (like most Christians and many other Cathars in the Languedoc prior to the coming of the Bogomil "Pope" and also like many Cathars in Italy and elsewhere). So, his attitude is definitely off-putting, but certainly not enough to discount his testimony on everything else. Try it, it is a very good read IMO, even though lengthy:

PS--This is an hourly check-out at the site. This only means that you have to click the "borrow one hour" button after an hour to keep reading. It was no problem for me. And, you can leave off anywhere you are, come back and click to restart where you were at any time (as long as you leave the tab open).
PPS--IMO you can jump into this one without any prerequisite and enjoy it, though you might want to go back to pick up more info later from the others, especially [2] above.

Welcome to the forum, @surfinkaliyuga !
How did you know your memories were about life among the Cathar?
Thanks for the welcome!
I just know I must have been a local, also remember fighting a guy with a red tabard and helmet just like in this pic. I guess I could've been on the other side but I've always been very aware of the duplicity of the Vatican.
They've always ****** over specially other Christians not under their control. In Ireland with Pope Adrian IV. Sack of Constantinople. Or the NATO bombing of Serbia. They never practice what they preach. Vows of poverty? Vatican Bank. Claim the devil was a snake? Have a snake head church.

Yo S&S,
sadly I don't have any other memories yet, the regression has always been on the back burner for me till I find some time and a trustworthy person.
But if I ever get something done I'll come back and tell you.
On this thing you write btw: "Guirdham utterly blasts Christianity and the God of the Old Testament" I can't blame him, if he has done regressions or remembers what lives and way of life was lost back then, I remember feeling extreme anger and a will to kill. Maybe he confuses Catholicism with Christianity or knows something we don't? Regardless we all need to do some sort of forgiving and let go of grudges and vibe more on love yet at the same time not be retards again and think the world is butterflies.
As for the God of the Old Testament im pretty sure he is Satan or maybe just a shitty channeled spirit. He's not the unconditional love type of guy.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    698.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi Surfin',

"sadly I don't have any other memories yet, the regression has always been on the back burner for me till I find some time and a trustworthy person.
But if I ever get something done I'll come back and tell you."

Try a few of the ones online on Youtube. Some have a lot of success with that type of thing. I had some early success, and then very little, though I recently had what I consider to be modest success using a Youtube regression. So, for some it works well, for me not so much so (or only very occasionally). BTW--Some also use meditation of various kinds, but no success for me there.

On this thing you write btw: "Guirdham utterly blasts Christianity and the God of the Old Testament" I can't blame him, if he has done regressions or remembers what lives and way of life was lost back then, I remember feeling extreme anger and a will to kill. Maybe he confuses Catholicism with Christianity or knows something we don't?

He does seem to conflate the Roman church with Christianity generally, but he also (I believe) is very negative about most Protestant varieties. So, very much a follower of Christ, but not a fan of any of the current churches. Nonetheless, he has very positive memories of the early Celtic Church during the period when Rome was gradually asserting control and supplanting the older Christian order that was already in place in what is now the UK. So, I cannot say that he is totally anti-Christian, though he is vehemently "anti" what doesn't meet his criteria. This makes me uncomfortable, as I consider that in the current hostile era, Christians need to put aside their differences as much as they can.

Regardless we all need to do some sort of forgiving and let go of grudges and vibe more on love yet at the same time not be retards again and think the world is butterflies.

Agreed.

As for the God of the Old Testament . . . .

I definitely can't agree with you on this one.

Cordially,
S&S

In reading Guirdham's books I have felt that I finally found an online source for "relatively" trustworthy information on Catharism. This is not a feeling I had after reading many scholarly papers and a scholarly book or two--all being primarily based on Inquisition records and the like. A recommendation of this type is also not something I would usually do, based on some of Guirdham's sources of information vs. the orthodox sources used by scholars. But, what and who one trusts is not always based on their scholarly credentials or sources. Guirdham's credentials are respectable both as a trained doctor and psychiatrist as well as an author, and he has done a lot of research in the region and spoken to notable French scholars of his era, but mostly I trust him because . . . . Here I have to pause. I suppose I have to say that some things just have the "ring of truth" to them.

When I first read a substantial number of books by Arthur Guirdham, in the late 1970s / very early 1980s I had a similar reaction of feeling there was something trustworthy about his writing. Oddly it was something fairly non-controversial which led me to that feeling, he wrote about walking in the English Lake District and of experiences among the landscape that somehow captivated me. Though I live in a town it has always been the countryside which feels meaningful and somehow his writings resonated with me, almost as though he was a 'kindred spirit' though I was very young and he was in the later years of his life.

I found myself submerged in anything I could find written by him. Some of it is admittedly detailed and a slow read, but other parts were simply absorbing for me. One of his books with less meticulous detail and more free-flowing in style is a novel called "The Island" which he claimed was based upon his own far-memory and described among other things the ancient Mysteries of Eleusis and a dramatic volcanic destruction of a Mediterranean island where the events took place.

Sadly as you have found only a few of his books are easily available nowadays.

Back