Pleased to meet you all and any Cathars!

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Valerian, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi S&S, I suspect that in your case you were in one way or another, part of the Cathars at that time, in order to account for your deep attachment to that group.

As for longings, I had something of my own, a deep longing to rediscover some lost and forgotten or buried knowledge. But for me the search was in the land, I would visit ancient sites across Britain and Ireland, as well as much further afield. Often all I could do was ponder and contemplate what had been in our far past - some of those sites are typically dating from about 4,000 years ago. I also have a different kind of attachment for Ice-Age life in general and also in cave art. All of these things have me reflecting, and especially those 4,000-year old sites.

Of course I've done lots of reading, but much of it is simply speculation with no real solidity to it. I carried on this hunt for some hidden knowledge for many years. And then, without my really noticing when it happened, there was a shift. I started to realise that everything I needed was right here, right now. Partly, learning to trust myself and my own instincts, particularly through prayer as well as my own dreams. But also I think in my case it was researching the prodigious quantities of near-death experiences which are reported in the present era. This is one thing which has reassured me that miracles and revelations are not something confined to the distant past, but are to be found today. Though the label NDE includes the word 'death', it is very much about life. People on such journeys often bring back insights not so much into the so-called afterlife, but insights about this present life here.

At any rate, one way or another, my longings have come to some sort of an end, I suppose I found what I was looking for. For me, it is something very simple, there is no need for words. S&S, I sincerely wish you well and hope you find what you are looking for, in your own terms.

SeaAndSky, helz_belz and tanker like this.
  2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Speedwell,

"As for longings, I had something of my own, a deep longing to rediscover some lost and forgotten or buried knowledge. . . ."

Ditto.

"But for me the search was in the land, I would visit ancient sites across Britain and Ireland, as well as much further afield. . . ."

Not so much by visiting for me, as there are not as many sites of this type near where I live, but certainly by books and now the internet. However, though ancient sites have always intrigued me, my real search has generally been via the accumulated wisdom/religious/occult literature of various cultures. This was originally oriented towards Eastern sources, and later towards Western and especially Judeo-Christian sources. However, to some extent I have certainly "played favorites" even here.

"Of course I've done lots of reading, but much of it is simply speculation with no real solidity to it. I carried on this hunt for some hidden knowledge for many years. And then, without my really noticing when it happened, there was a shift. I started to realise that everything I needed was right here, right now. Partly, learning to trust myself and my own instincts, particularly through prayer as well as my own dreams."

Ditto, but I haven't been able to close the gap in terms of what modern research shows, nor have I been able to close the gap between who/what I am and who/what I would like to be. In terms of NDE's, I consider this type of research and reincarnation research to be complimentary. With NDEs, the survivor testifies to what it is like after death. It is research that looks forward to the "in-between". Those who remember PLs often are able to not only remember such lifetimes, but also to "look back" to before their birth to remember even more of the "in-between". However, for all of that, there is still a lot of ambiguity and blurriness about what is going on and where it leads.

In addition, though the foregoing is all useful and good to know, it does not really focus on personal transformation. This is where Kaye's regression memories and her PMs regarding the dream lessons she received made me wish to go much deeper along the path that was being outlined by her own teachers. There was something there that I was longing to explore and experience. Then it was suddenly cut off. So, here I am. I am drawn not as much by Catharism in its exoteric aspects as by its esoteric and mystical teachings and path, which may have been known only to a few (even among the consoled). Whether this "drawing" is also bolstered by my own past experience and/or recollections of a path I began but did not finish I cannot say, but I do wonder.

Cordially,
    S&S

3. SeaAndSky

Well, another month has gone by, so it is time for me to "kick" this thread up again in hopes that someone with a Cathar background or interest will stop by. Maybe that will include some seemingly lost to Covid. As the famous date of August 21, 2021, is coming up, I will probably switch to once a week for awhile just in case something "interesting" happens or someone "interesting" notices and drops by.

Cordially,
    S&S

4. SeaAndSky

August 7th = two weeks to go.

5. Reincarnat

Reincarnat Active Member

Nothing can stop what is coming!

SeaAndSky likes this.
  6. SeaAndSky

Agreed, if the prophecy was a true prophecy. However, even if the prophecy comes true, it may begin with something small and grow from there. So, like the "mighty oak" beginning from the little acorn, it may just be the planting of something that will grow with time to be unmistakable.

7. SeaAndSky

Seven days and counting.

8. SeaAndSky

Well, Saturday was the 21st, and I can't tell that anything happened. Has anyone noticed anything relevant that can be reported?

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

Well, I've just begun to worry...

Sent a PM...

10. SeaAndSky

Hi Cyrus,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I was trying to wrap up work the first half of last week so that I could go out of town at the end of the week. Now I'm back and trying to catch up with things.

I wish I had something to report regarding the Cathars for this thread, but if anything happened on the 21st, it has not yet made it into the news (or otherwise come to my attention). I'm going to keep looking, but not hoping for much at this point.

Cordially,
    S&S