• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Prayers Following Another Horrible School Shooting

SeaAndSky

Senior Registered
This thread is not being opened for the purpose of any discussion regarding American gun laws, etc. which would be political, but to request prayers for the bereaved families of the victims. As a parent and grandparent, this strikes home to me, especially as I look at the faces of the victims, their parents and family members. Please pray for them. Please also pray for wisdom for our leaders and that they will make wise decisions on how to stop these kinds of tragedies from happening. Once again, don't try to insert any politics or discussion of gun laws, etc. That is not the purpose of this thread and would violate board rules.

Also, I have to insert a request for prayer for the disturbed young man who perpetrated this slaughter. It is a pattern that has been repeated too often. Objectively, I can look at the data and similarities that connect the people that do this, but subjectively and emotionally I am just baffled. I cannot make the connection that allows me to understand a mind and soul like this. It is incomprehensible.

Sadly,
S&S

There and back again

There is so much that I want to say about this but there is something really rotten when such as of violence are getting to be common place. As for the parents and the families that is a pain I do not want to ever experience hence why never going to have kids in this life given the state of this world. I've seen what it is like first hand a parent losing a child and it is beyond what words can describe how devastating such experiences are.

SeaAndSky

Senior Registered
There is so much that I want to say about this but there is something really rotten when such as of violence are getting to be common place. As for the parents and the families that is a pain I do not want to ever experience hence why never going to have kids in this life given the state of this world. I've seen what it is like first hand a parent losing a child and it is beyond what words can describe how devastating such experiences are.

Hi TABA,

I agree in terms of the pain of losing a child. And, once again, reiterate that I cannot understand. The first time that I can remember something like this happening was when the two high schoolers in Colorado planned and carried out an attack on their fellow students. (My memory may not be that great, especially as I try not to dwell on such things). But, as sick and demented as that was, I could at least understand the idea that some element of revenge and "payback" was involved. But why kill these innocents or the ones in Connecticut? There are none of the reasons that motivate hate filled terrorists here, nor a reason for revenge, nor ???? Why attack a group of people, much less little kids, that have no relationship to you or the "bad" things that you imagine or believed happened to you? This is what happened in Connecticut and now in Texas.

I am not like you. I do not believe this world is totally evil and corrupted, and cannot be cured. However, it is clear that there is an incomprehensibly ugly river of evil that runs through it, and seems to run through the minds of some people in it. And I do mean incomprehensible. There is no rhyme or reason to this kind of thing, nor is there really any understanding . . . at least for the moment. Maybe something will come up that provides the outlines of reason for an evil and demented mind to commit such a heinous act. And then again, maybe not. I certainly never could understand why that young man killed the kids in Connecticut. This may be another case of the same type.

Sadly,
S&S

cloud potato

Senior Registered
Hi S&S,

Yes, it is tragic. Even worse to see fully armed police officers standing on the sidelines preventing grieving parents from rescuing their children. Heart wrenching... Without getting into the politics(out of respect for the forum and the distraught), I thank god there was an off duty border patrol agent who took matters into his own hands and rescued innocent children from a gruesome massacre. I reflect on his actions with hopes that we all step up our responsibility within our communities to protect innocence.

Our prayers are with those who are still suffering, and for the World- may we be united in Love. May Love teach us the sanctity of life and help us understand the importance of mental health. I pray deeply for these realizations.

May God grant the parents and all who are effected keen insight, angelic guidance, courage and strength during these dark times.
<3 May all beings know peace.

Last edited: