• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Realizing A Lesson

Shiftkitty

Did you ever have that moment where you've learned a lesson in your life and you somehow know it's the lesson, or one of the lessons, that you were supposed to learn?

I had one today and it's a strange but liberating feeling. I have yet to act on the lesson because I'm waiting for the appropriate moment to say goodbye to these people and get them out of my life. Maybe a week or two. Anyway, it's weird. I feel like we had to meet, we had to build up to this tangle, and they had the chance to learn their lessons like I had the chance to learn mine. Whether or not they've learned anything is not mine to worry about. As for me, I feel... wonderful.

Strange feeling.

BriarRose

Senior Registered
Yes, I have. It feels strange, but it is liberating. The "tangles" we have in relationships are there for a purpose. You are escaping this "tangle" with remarkable equanimity. It's rare to do that without pain, and bitterness. :jump: I'm glad for you!

usetawuz

Senior Registered
Congratulations, Argonne. That is the proverbial "turning of the page"...now look around and find the new opportunities beginning to array before you!

Shiftkitty

Thanks. As soon as I realized what was happening, it was like when you've been struggling with a math problem all night and then bam! You see the answer sitting right in front of you! I couldn't feel angry or bitter. I just felt like I had accomplished something and it was now time to move on. There were suddenly more important things that now need my attention. I hope they understand why I'm ending contact with them (never permanently, I learned long ago not to "slam doors" as it were). They're just not part of the equation anymore. As usetawuz says, there are new opportunities that await. Oh, how does that song go? "I can see clearly now the rain has gone..."

usetawuz

Senior Registered
Shiftkitty, please accept my apologies...I am posting on my phone without my cheater glasses and when I saw the black and white avatar photo I inadvertently thought of Argonne. Nevertheless, your personal revelation is wonderful and thank you for sharing.

Shiftkitty

usetawuz said:
Shiftkitty, please accept my apologies...I am posting on my phone without my cheater glasses and when I saw the black and white avatar photo I inadvertently thought of Argonne. Nevertheless, your personal revelation is wonderful and thank you for sharing.
That's okay. I didn't notice it until a short while after I read it! LOL I figured it was just a brain-fart or something.

KDB- Yeah, when it finally gets through, you feel it!

starrynight

Senior Registered
Well done Shiftkitty. :D

I don't think I've learnt the lesson at the time_I think I'm a bit slow on the uptake that way. cover face

I have started to get moments of realization, like you said where it just comes to me the things I wanted to learn or work out but it's usually way after the situation.

I think it must be so liberating as well.

Twilight

Senior Registered
Sorry for the late post but congratulations :D

Unfortunately in my case I tend to feel too comfortable in servicing others to the extremes, instead I'm supposed to spread my wisdom around. I'm personally thinking of writing a novel however with the rules in place for recruiting a specific position; with all do respect I understand that the mods are trying to be careful but unfortunately with everyone either being busy and all that sorts and my lessons are just starting to backfire on me, idk where to go from here :eek:

Twilight

Senior Registered
Twilight said:
Sorry for the late post but congratulations :D
Unfortunately in my case I tend to feel too comfortable in servicing others to the extremes, instead I'm supposed to spread my wisdom around. I'm personally thinking of writing a novel however with the rules in place for recruiting a specific position; with all do respect I understand that the mods are trying to be careful but unfortunately with everyone either being busy and all that sorts and my lessons are just starting to backfire on me, idk where to go from here :eek:
Is there any alternatives, thanks