Reincarnating vs. Hanging Around to Chat

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Sestra, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Sestra

Sestra New Member

First, let me say that I believe in reincarnation and I believe that relatives that have pasted on do contact us. I further believe that some people are very physic and have the capacity for things I can't even imagine.

I think the majority of people reincarnate and do so in a fairly reasonable length of time after their death. For the sake of argument, I will guess that most reincarnate within a decade after death . So it is possible and I think probable that someone you were very connected with such as immediate relatives would try to contact you to comfort you after their deaths.

However, I don't think that my grandmother who died in 1967 or my uncle who died in 1950 are just hanging around to chat if I want to contact them. They were vital productive human beings and therefore I believe they would have already reincarnated.

For some reason, I think that once you reincarnate that one's spirit doesn't often go back and talk to someone from a past life. I think it is possible but doesn't happen on a regular basis, as some television physics would have one believe. I know I have reincarnated several times and I think somehow I would know if my spirit went back to talk to my descendants.

I have a hard time understanding how one can reincarnate and still be hanging around to chat with their relatives 20 or more years later whenever, John Edward or Sylvia Browne want to contact them for you. ( I have nothing against either of the physics mentioned. I have seen them on television a few times and it made me wonder how this works.)
    For instance, when John Edward tells someone that their mother who died a month earlier is not coming through but their grandmother who died in 1982 is, I have a hard time with understanding that.

Please share your thoughts with me on this topic.:thumbsup:

2. Saau Hatshepsut

Saau Hatshepsut Senior Registered

Just really briefly, 'cause it's 2am and my brain's fried...
    Personally I believe that residual fragments of the soul/spirit are left behind after death. The bulk of the spirit goes on to reincarnate, but that specific personality stays connected to the world it incarnated on.
    There's a lot more to the theory, but that's the bare bones of it, and how I explain contacting centuries-gone spirits.

Cheers,

Saau

3. Chelle

Chelle Probationary

I'm not sure how to explain my view so that it makes sense, but here is a brief attempt. Basically I think that the over all soul exists outside of time as we perceive it and stores all the information pertaining to past personalities. When some one contacts a deceased loved one, they are contacting that aspect of the person's soul. That's the simple version, anyway, and only one theory.

4. Majic

Majic Senior Registered

And another possible answer has to do with time, or no-time. There is a theory that time as we know it is a physical-created thing. In essences there is no time, only NOW. That means all lives are happening simultaneously. If all lives are happening now, then there would not be any problem in contacting any life at any time. (Of course, I cannot really understand this concept being a product of time, but I've read several books about it and there is some 'logic' to it.)
    Majic

5. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI Sestra,

I can share an experience my sister and brother in-law had with their daughter Emilee when she was a baby. My brother in law does not believe in spirits or ghosts or the paranormal so you can imagine how he responded to his own experience. ;).

When Emilee was only a few weeks old and sleeping soundly in her crib - her father walked down the hall - came around the corner and saw a woman in a long flowing dress and shawl that appeared to him as a ghost. She turned and walked into Emilee's room. My sister said Jim (her husband) was as white as a ghost and speechless for days regarding the incident. We explained to him that sometimes when children are small - they go out of body - a lot and will often take a previous life form when they do so.. :D

Another example was a 11 year old boy (Tommy) that was my sons friend (this happened ten years ago). He came to spend the night. One evening around midnight I woke up to find a Vietnam solider standing in my bedroom. Let me see if I can find the thread on the forum from a few years back that explains the incident. Anyway; while sleeping Tommy went OBE to his past life and wandered around my house - gun and all.

They sometimes take on the forum of their past life- or a past life they were comfortable with. Consciousness is not bound to the body. The body is a vehicle for expression and experience. IMO. :)

So communication is not bound by whether or not they have been reborn or not. :) I think it depends on the individual.

6. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I couldn't find it so here it is again -

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Tommy was very unstable, even at age 11. At around midnight I awoke with a presence standing at the bedroom door way. The door was closed. Before me stood a Vietnam solider, full army gear and rifle over his shoulder. He was looking at us as we slept. But I saw him and I instantly knew this was my sons friend -- sleeping downstairs.

He was shocked to realize I could see him, I got out of bed, he went back through the door, I opened the door and followed him down stairs. Telepathically he asked how I could see him, and then he looked from his body sleeping in bed as a boy to me and down to himself.

He had issues with TRUST and had many issues from his previous life that had followed him into this one. Many scenes of his past life crossed my vision. I reassured him several times 'he was OK NOW." He soon faded and I assumed must have gone back to his body sleeping.

I realized that the little boy sleeping in my daybed, probably often took this form when venturing out of body - a form of his previous life where he was big and strong. I understood that he felt the need to protect himself and the guns and army gear helped him.

If only his parents knew why he was unstable, why he behaved in certain ways and acted out, sucking his thumb - even at school. They might have been able to help him, he might be a different boy now.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My son remembers Vietnam clearly - even today. These two boys would play solider - for hours. Reenacting the past I suppose. ;) But I also think - they can communicate when OBE and it probably happens more often than adults can fathom. *S*S*S*S*S*S

7. Sestra

Sestra New Member

Thanks !

You guys always help me find a way to go around or climb over the walls in my physical mind that prevent comprehension.:thumbsup:

:eek: :D Ha Ha Ha ! I just realized I put physic for psychic every time I wrote it in my original post. I wonder if that is a hint that I need get past the physical?:rolleyes: Most likely, I just can't spell today.

8. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Hello!

I have been fortunate to have conversations with many relatives who have passed on. Others have chosen to reincarnate so I cannot communicate with them. My father has said he chooses to hang around and wait for my mother. They will then spend some time together in heaven, then reincarnate as two children who grow up next to each other, fall in love and spend another lifetime together. :thumbsup:

9. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

One of the best things about this website is everyone can share their opinion, without fear of attack, and the reader can decide what they believe, what works in their situation. Many times my eyes have been opened here to different possibilities, different ways to look at the same event.

10. JustinR

JustinR Senior Registered

Just one thing I've noticed that's not been picked up on yet.

I get the feeling that the first poster is confused because there is the assumption that most people, after their deaths, reincarnate within 10 years after that death?

Is that really as fixed as that?

I got the general feeling that reincarnating could happen at any given physical time span after death. I thought that how soon, or late we come back depends on the past life we've had and.... I suppose, how it ended up.

Just a thought really.

I know I don't want to come back ten years after I go. I'm pretty much gonna hang out for another hundred, or two hundred years at teh most.

This current life of mine doesn't really inspire me to jump back in the loop so soon. Despite relishing doing so :)

11. HaveAChat

HaveAChat Come Fly With Me

10 Years ??

I definitely don't believe that we incarnate after ten years.

I believe in the 'no time' as mentioned in a previous post.

From my experience we incarnate when 'everything is in place' to be conducive to our growth in understanding 'all and who that we are' and the journey that we take each time on earth as we continue to raise our vibration so that in the end no more Earth experiences are required.

When each soul that is part of our 'Soul Group' has reached this point then all the souls can move on.

Those parts of our Soul that have incarnated to facilitate our growth are what I believe we have the ability to communicate with.

as mentioned by Saau

There are obviously many opinions and above is just mine and is what I would own as 'My Truth' and sits right with me.

Glenys

12. Sestra

Sestra New Member

Hi

It is great to get everyone's opinion.

However, I need to point out to Justin that I used 10 years as an example, only. Hence the phrase " for the sake of argument"

For the sake of argument, I will guess that most reincarnate within a decade after death .

Sorry that I confused you;)

13. JustinR

:eek: naughty naughty :lol:

I took it that you thought that most of us did reincarnate every 10 years as a general rule.

One thing I, myself, have learnt is that although there seems to be some kind of pattern going on with reincarnation, individualised patterns, yet there seems to be set, or loose rules on all aspects of it. The astral plane must be unimaginably flexible. I know the physical universe could be more flexible if every single person allowed to be but, it all seems mind blowing from the astral plane.

I get the feeling that with each life we lead, we leave a part of that life, some kind of energy in the astral plane to continue while, the main bulk of us go forth and change identity and, move on to the next life, life after life. I think, if this is so, it's good as, regardless of what kind of identities we've all had, regardless of what kind of lives lived, we've got a record of our beings and travels throughout.

Sure, I'd ditch the albino identity like a shot. I will so in all future lives. However, it doesn't bother me that this current identity will be left, where ever all our past identities are kept, as, whatever i think of it, I am exactly what I am. No more and no less.

So, it's nice to think that all identities don't face the astral dustbin (trashcan) as it were. I don't think our souls past should be erased, even if we've become better people than before. Looking back just shows the great progress we've made given what we are today :)

I think it's an individual thing, when to jump into the next life. I suspect past identities left behind can still reach out to any remaining living relative, if, and only if our past selves deem it necessary.

I assume spirits decide whether to talk to us or not?

14. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I think spirits try to communicate with us, and they are very happy when they find someone that is open to hearing from them. Hayley said sometimes it is like many people are trying to come thru.

The way it has been explained to me is imagine a bunch of people, all speaking french. They want to communicate with someone who speaks english. Finally someone shows up that can hear them in french and tell their english friends what is saying.

My friend the mentor is hilarious when she does it ... she says they are literally lining up for her attention. :)

15. Sestra

Sestra New Member

Hi Justin,

Thanks so much for your posts. You articulated something I had been wondering or maybe feeling.

I get the feeling that with each life we lead, we leave a part of that life, some kind of energy in the astral plane to continue while, the main bulk of us go forth and change identity and, move on to the next life, life after life

Is it possible that the part of us we leave behind from each life can contact or maybe connect would be a better word with us as we are now?
    I know people will read this and say "Sestra? Hello? That is what PL memories are."
    But what I am trying say or ask is: maybe the part of ourselves we leave behind in each lifetime is the connective tissue ( for lack of a better term) that enables PL memories and enables others from our past lives to contact us again. Perhaps without this connective tissue people or spirits from the past could not contact us or at least not as easily.

Example : suppose I never knew Napoleon and never lived a past life in France. Then it would not be likely that Napoleon would contact me now as there is no connective tissue between us.

In my Getting Physical thread the one thing that almost everyone who responded said was that I must have had a connection i.e. known or had a relationship with the spirit that contacted me in a PL. It seemed a natural response that everyone knew without even thinking about it.

Now I will get back to the origin of this thread and try to tie my rambling together for you. :D

This thread came about because I have a hard time believing or understanding the function of people like John Edward contacting my dead relatives on T.V. I just didn't think everyone I have known in this lifetime who has died were just hanging around waiting on me to go on "Crossing Over" and ask John to contact them for me. ;)

(that is where I came up with ten years as an example) (also I am using John Edward as an example rather than naming a whole list. )

However, everyone who has posted on this thread has helped me to understand more. and maybe they aren't all hanging around and that is why when someone wants to contact their dead father sometimes John doesn't get their father but gets Aunt Bessie instead.;)

Maybe also, there is one layer of our personal onion some part of our left behind connective tissue that can be contacted by someone like John even if we have already reincarnated.

Finally let me take you back to my Napoleon example and say that maybe that is where people like John Edward come in. They don't need the connective tissue that the rest of us need to communicate with people who have passed on.

16. michaldembinski

michaldembinski Senior Registered

Warsaw, Poland; 52 degrees North, 21 degrees East
    Hi Sestra,

I believe the following: As souls 'mature', so the intervals between incarnations become shorter. So 'old souls' who've lived many incarnations, will reincarnate shortly after the death of their previous body. Young souls may have longer intervals.

Old souls are less materialistic, take the longer-term view, care more about the environment and, generally, are more sensitive.

Young souls are go-getters, impatient, acquisitive.

Michal

17. JustinR

I love this soul age thing. It is so fascinating.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about me and my possible soul age, with regards to what's written here.

I identified a lot with the young age yet, yet, I feel the same about the mature soul age too. I just don't identify with infant, baby and old soul age.

I'm a mixed bag it seems. I'm fairly materialistic. More than I'd care to admit. I'm materialistic in that if I've already got something, I want the latest version. Example; I'm forever wanting new, better mobile phones and, will change them when money allows. It's not just changing then, it's the excitement they give me. I've just bought a new keyboard today. Why on earth do I feel excited about this? why do I get a such a charge over buying new material things.

Yet, unlike many young souls, I despise the way the world is becoming so shallow and obcessed with looking tanned, golden with perfect body shapes. I really take a dim view when people talk to each other about their bodies. It's so lookist. I should care more about the environment around me and I do care to the extent that we should look after this earth. Yet, I don't know what part I should play and... I can't be bothered to take the time to find out. The right attitude is there but, the will isn't.

I could site many examples but.... I've done it again haven't I? Gone off topic. I'm awful for this. I only have to read something and.... I'm off! :laugh:

Sorry, please ingore me people lol.