Reincarnation and Addiction

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Cristal Tafoya, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Cristal Tafoya

Cristal Tafoya New Member

Could addiction be somehow linked to past lives? Though I do not identify as an addict, I have always been surrounded by addiction in those
    closest to me. I lost my best friend and soul sister from childhood to heroin and meth addiction and the majority of my ex partners have struggled with different substance addictions to one extent or another. I’ve always had this innate need to mother these people. I live a very typical, law abiding, middle class life. It’s just so strange that every time I’ve had an extreme connection to someone in some capacity at some point they have had or currently are struggling with addiction. Could this somehow be a karmic agreement? Some kind of soul tie.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  2. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Hi Cristal, welcome!

Sounds like it. Are you trying to free yourself from this type of dynamic?

3. Cristal Tafoya

Cristal Tafoya New Member

I have been. I’ve definitely cut off these relationships and I do screen people now. However they keep popping up.

4. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

reminds me of a saying,
    "A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it."
    Jean de La Fontaine
    or for our generation, master oogway from kung fu panda
    :p
    there may be a message helping you know your self.

it may be a journey, i dont know. in the meantime you are wise to do what you think is best.

have you tried praying on it?

SeaAndSky likes this.
  5. MaVie

MaVie Active Member

Hello Cristal Tafoya,

You may consider your situation as a ‘coincidence’.
    You are young, you have opportunities to choose and start living what you love for yourself. You may try to move living in other places (city, province, country, and continent). It’s not necessary to take special effort searching your past life, because you may feel homesick or it may bother you. In your consciousness, you may find your past life such as déjà vu feelings through pictures, music, environment and atmospheres. Then accept it as your soul journey.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  6. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Cristal,

Do you think you may have a calling to actually help people in this situation in a more "official" capacity? I.e., do you feel at all willing to do what you need to do to become a counsellor for, or otherwise help such people. I know it may not seem like something you would "like" to do, but it seems like you may have both a calling and a gift for this type of service. There is definitely a need for people who will stand alongside people with addiction problems and try to help. Plus, as someone approaching 70, I can tell you that life isn't often about getting to do what you would "like" to do, but doing what (1) you need to do and/or (2) what you have the gifts or opportunity to do (whether you like it or not). That's not a taunt, that's just what I've found in my own life.

You seem to be a very nice person, just from what you've said above. I wish you well, but think about what may be drawing these people to you and whether it might be a message to you. Could this be "karma"? I guess that depends on what you mean by the word, but whether it is or not, it may be something for you to consider.

Cordially,
    S&S