• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Reincarnation and Dissociation

amit1235813

I sometimes get these intense flashes from past life. They last a few days, the memories are all too real. During these phases, I feel like I might become the other person and lose a sense of who I am.

Anyone had a similar experience? And how did you deal with it? e.g. I was a soldier in a past life and that memory keeps repeating again. I feel like I might become the soldier and lose a sense of who I am.

I sometimes get these intense flashes from past life. They last a few days, the memories are all too real. During these phases, I feel like I might become the other person and lose a sense of who I am.
past life and that memory keeps repeating again. I feel like I might become the soldier and lose a sense of who I am.

Hi, Amit:

To my mind, this is NOT usual. Maybe NOT even normal, so that you might consider consulting your case with a psychatrist, or, to begin with, with a psychotherapeut-regressologist.

I was a WW2 marine in my PL, but in the present life I only have weak déjà-vus on that PL of mine, from time to time and in very special circumstances, and these déjà-vus never eclipse my nowadays reality. I mean, I always know where I am and what I am doing.

And I died violent deaths in my 2 PLs, knowing I was going to die in both cases.

Curiously, my déjà-vus now have much more to do with my Greek PL, than with my more recent Italian PL.
Several years ago it was vice-versa.

Best of lucks.

Regards.

Hi Cyrus, thanks for sharing your experience. I have consulted both psychiatrists and regressologists. Have tried many solutions, doing Yoga seems to be working the best for me right now.

But these intense flashes come in waves, some days are worse than others. Hopefully it will all get grounded in time.

I also have memories of dying in a battlefield and knowing that I am going to die. Also, I have memories of the time before jumping into the battle, all the raw fear.

I was somewhere in the Asian subcontinent.

Glad to talk to someone with a similar experience, to some extent atleast.

Hi Cyrus, thanks for sharing your experience. I have consulted both psychiatrists and regressologists. Have tried many solutions, doing Yoga seems to be working the best for me right now.

But these intense flashes come in waves, some days are worse than others. Hopefully it will all get grounded in time.

I also have memories of dying in a battlefield and knowing that I am going to die. Also, I have memories of the time before jumping into the battle, all the raw fear.

I was somewhere in the Asian subcontinent.

Glad to talk to someone with a similar experience, to some extent atleast.

Hi, Amit:

It looks to me to be a purely physiological misfunction in the connection brain-soul.

Usually, our brain's subconscious is quite capable of controlling the soul's far memories - the famous amnesia imposed upon our PL memories in the most of us.
The link brain-soul has been subject to thousands of years of evolution, but sometimes some problem (a bug, as programmers put it) may arise.

I'd try medicaments instead of yoga, to help the subconscious to block better those PL memories, up to an acceptable level, at least..
It might take time to find the best fit.

I sometimes wish I never had done any regressions and never had any déjà-vus - my present life would have been so much simpler.
The PL memories, though beautiful and sweet sometimes, only bring sufferings as a net result.

Best regards

Take care.

Last edited:
I experienced this for a long time after my memories first started to surface and I think that's just the result of having memories come up from your past. I would just be patient with yourself. Give it time and not try not to give into it too much. Remember what you can write it down, explore it, but also remember it's not you currently. Just treat it like a movie or a book you may be reading and the feeling will fade in time

I agree with Totoro- patience, and treat the information like a glimpse from a film or book. I don't think you need to self medicate and repress what you're experiencing. If you don't wish to explore it further then I wouldn't give the experience much time or energy. You may also try not being so attached even to your yogic practice and instead just go about your day to day. Stretch for stretching sake. Exercise, eat and focus on your daily task that demand you be present. Do we even know who we really are? Ideas of who and what seem to be a part of the life journey. This might be a good time for introspection. It can feel like we're going crazy when hard to explain experiences start shaking our understanding of reality. Personally, I believe you are safe. Can you give Faith to this credence? If you died and you are here again, wow! That's truly profound.

Maybe you're moving through trauma? If you want to explore this try keeping a journal and allow yourself to move through the fear or sorrow. Or even the joy.

I had an experience like you are describing. It wasn't repetitive like yours but a one-off. I had a friend stand behind me and suddenly his voice changed completely. Who I was... Where I was. My awareness wasn't actually in my body. For a brief moment I was seeing my friend and I as children. We were barefoot, the sand was red and we were leaned up against a clay hut playing a game. There was joy and laughter in the air. It was real, but it only lasted for a brief moment. Next thing I know I was back in my store with the same friend standing behind me- as if nothing had happened.

I've also had quite a few dark memories that could not actually be translated so literally- but they came to me quite symbolically. Like being impaled with blood splattering on the wall. I believe in God and through out this entire journey I feel I am being guided by a very loving and intelligent force. Nothing that has happened to me has been a curse or even all that negative. I've come close to death in this life a few times now. Both from unknown complications and from known, external and life threatening moments. Even those are blessings.

Me? I enjoy the weird. I wish you the best, you have found a great community to share your concerns and your journey with. There are many supportive people here, even if our opinions vary. This is your life and only you can decide what is or is not in your best interest.

Welcome to the forums.
=)

Back