Reincarnation CARDS

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Thanks for sharing, Chris - the cards intrigue me :)

However, as much as I want to be excited about it I can't help but think they could lead you to wrong assumptions. The cards are a lot more detailed than I thought - in that way, don't they limit the spectre of past lives?

I mean, mathematically, there must be a definite number of variations that the cards can be laid out in. Now you picked the Indian/Asian farmer with the failed crops. But tomorrow you could pick the India/Asia card with a successfull business card (if such a one exists) or the failed crops could pop up with an African card (if such exists too). In that way, you could argue, the cards do cover many different and possible past life situations, but does it make them real?

Does this make sense at all :D Or have I completely misunderstood the concept of those cards...:confused:: angel

2. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

Thanks Chris the cards sound interesting. I wouldnt mind having a set myself.

3. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Emma! fear not...we love seeing your name!:thumbsup: Excellent follow up question.

And Chris, great explanation on these cards. Certainly a good discussion.

I've always been rather skeptical about these sort of things. Sunniva pointed out some of my own questions/concerns. About 6 years ago I received a gift from a special friend and soulmate, called "Angel Cards." They work...or, they are used, in a similar way to these Reincarnation Cards. They were very entertaining and incredibly accurate, whether they were coincidental or archtypical, I don't know. However the last time I used them was a particularly bad day...sad day. I was needing some answers that were not in this world and time, they were from a past life. As a measure of desperation and in a very spiritual way, I asked these cards, or the Power-that-be, my question. As I turned each of the three cards over, one at a time, the answer unfolded as if someone were speaking to me. (Getting goose bumps now remembering!). I was so taken by this answer, I placed these three cards face up on the top and sealed the box...I've never used them since.

So yes, I do now believe that these methods have mystical/spiritual means of telling. And as Chris said I believe it must be approached with a good deal of concentration, sincerity and even maturity. Chris, these cards maybe be speaking to you in a way you may not understand yet. Remember life is a journey of discoveries!!

Peace!!

Tinkerman

4. EmmaHolt

EmmaHolt The Constant Student

Thanks for encouragement, Tinkerman. If that is the case than you can be sure you'll be seeing my name for a long time to come on these threads. I have so many questions!! :)

Very intriguing post, by the way.

Chris, thank you so much for doing that. I hope you weren't feeling pressured during it? If so this could have affected your outcome, as the T-man said.

Let's say for the sake of argument that the cards work. Let's assume that Chris was indeed an Indian farmer in a PL. But weren't we all at one time? I mean each of us has an infinite amount of PLs where we must assume we have been born on every continent, in every religion, in every social class etc. But do I need the cards to tell me that? Therefore you could spend days using these cards and have all sorts of PL scenarios be revealed, but what's the point if you can't remember them??

I tend to believe like others on the forum that we only remember PL that are relevant to us in this life. So Chris may have been an Indian farmer in a PL but no matter how hard he tries he will never remember it because that memory serves no use to him in this life. In that way the cards aren't helpful at all.

However, if Chris had a dream about being a farmer in India who died of starvation but he was never certain that this was a PL memory or a dream, I could see how the cards would be helpful in providing him with somewhat of a confirmation of this. Hmmmm...I am conflicted :confused:

I think we may have a debate on our hands regarding the usefulness of these cards. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

5. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hi Emma :D

You're making a very good point here coupled with mine (in my humble opinion :D ) about the usefulness of the cards.

I agree, but under different circumstances where a memory may be subconsciously surfacing they may prove useful, as you also point out. However, so may the Angel cards that Tinkerman pointed at, or Tarot cards or a regular deck of playing cards or anything else, because that memory was going to be triggered no matter what.

I'm wondering if the reincarnation cards would be more helpful if you have a go at the cards with a specific past life related question in life, e.g. "Why did Julia go to Africa?" (just to pick one that I'm personally toying with :D ) rather than a general question such as "Show me a past life" (no offense, Chris ;)hug3.gif)?

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

It says in the accompanying book that there are 235,620 possible combinations for these cards, just for your information. I think I agree with Sunniva's comments, I'm also very skeptical of these things, like tarot cards, what is 'it' that influences the selection of the cards? If there is a spiritual guide working through me to pick the cards, or some other force at work, then in theory, I should be able to return the cards to the pack, shuffle them, and then pick the exact same five cards in that session? But we all know that the chances of that happening must be cosmic.

I think that's a good idea Sunniva, to ask a specific question like Tinkerman did with the Angel Cards, I might try that next time, but for now I can't really comment any further. I approach this with an open mind, I certainly won't be telling everyone that I was an Indian farmer who died of starvation, but I'll remain open to the idea.

Thanks for bringing this up again Emma, I didn't feel pressured at all into using the cards, I enjoyed it....and I look forward to hearing all of your other questions - :)

7. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Those cards really sound interesting. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try them, because I'd be afraid that I might get some scary memories or see something I'd rather not remember. But then, I suppose I take that risk with any form of PL memory, be it dreams or such.

8. indigobutterfly

indigobutterfly New Member

Gosh, I have lots to say, but it's about 2:30 in the morning! I hope you didn't feel pressured to use the deck, Chris! If so, I apologize. :D If these cards are like oracle cards and tarot cards, then using them will take practice. Our higher self always is looking out for us, and won't let us see things that we are not ready to see. The only tarot deck I use is the OSHO Zen deck. I love it. I have lots of oracle decks that I also love. But, the other tarot decks are so complicated for me....I have friends who are professional psychics and they say that they're still learning after 20 years! So, it's not something that will just be super easy the first time. Esp if you're skeptical--your left brain will try to get in the way of the right brain. :) Anyway, I'm glad you used the deck! I have never seen one like that, and still want to get it. :D

Okay, gotta hit the sheets.

Ciao~

9. EmmaHolt

I was just re-reading the original thread posted by Deb about Reincarnation Cards and I saw that Karoliina said that she might buy the cards. So Karoliina did you end up buying them?? What's up with you K? I haven't seen any posts from you in about a week. We miss you. :) :)

And we're still waiting for a response from Kislany to hear about her experience with the cards. She does live in Greece though, so I can't blame her for not spending much time checking the forum. If I lived in Greece I wouldn't spend one minute indoors. I would just sit on the beach all day drinking wine and eating feta cheese. *LOL* that shows you how much I know about Greece. :D

10. LadyRayven

LadyRayven New Member

I think that you have to understand It isn't only the practice, you need to form a sort of bond with the cards. I never had any success in my tarot decks until I got the thoth deck and fully read the book and it explained of the bonding how to form that bond and now every deck I get I have had success with. One way to bond with the deck is to meditate on each one individually(Yes this takes a long time) Another is to handle them at least once every day. I have also had friends I have read for that didn't beleive in the validity of the cards and kept having me read over and over again and yet the cards come up exactly the same in the same order again. So that it finally made them beleive, and furthermore, after the things foretold actually happened, they were then beleivers! I think somehow the cards are connected to the subconcious of the questioner, and another note, I never really have much luck reading for myself so you may want to see if someone else can Read the deck for you.

11. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Emma,

I hope you don't mind, I merged these two threads about the cards, so the topic is easier to follow. If you reply to an old thread, it will be bumped on the top of its section, so you don't have to always start a new thred. :)

LOL You're exaggerting my absence (even though I know I'm easily missed : angel :D ) - it was only three days, and it was because we have just moved and I really need to use all the time I have on my hands on weekends in organising the closets and cupboards, and other boring chores. :rolleyes:

But to answer your real question, no I haven't purchased the deck yet, because I've been too busy (I didn't have much holiday this summer and we didn't just buy and renovate a house, but also got married and went on a honeymoon), but I still want to get one! Thanks for the reminder. :thumbsup:

I believe, like many others here, that there are bigger powers at work when we use cards like these, and they help us to get meaningful answers, but that you have to be able to focus and clear your mind - which probably takes a lot of practice! But you have to start one day, so I hope I'll get a chance to start "playing" soon.

I think the cards could be a lot of fun, and could help to find some answers, but I don't feel like I would really, really need them, as I know I can find the answers inside me also without devices, if I need to. ;)

Karoliina

12. EmmaHolt

Welcome back, Karoliina :thumbsup: So glad you could make time out of your crazy schedule to add your comments. Your fingers were working overtime I see. Trying to make up for lost time perhaps? Your name is on EVERY active thread on the board. Did you have to ice your hands afterwards? :D

Good idea about merging the thread. I had no idea I could respond to an old thread to get it to be active again. I'll do that next time.

Your opinion along with everyone else's has changed my mind about the cards. At first I was tempted to buy them but now I see that they do not offer the quick-fix approach to recalling PLs that I was looking for. They require a lot of work and focus - two things I don't like. I'm going to keep working on my daily meditation as a means of recall. Thanks, everybody :)

13. ButterflyPsyche

ButterflyPsyche Senior Registered

Hi, Emma! I like the idea of the cards, too, but you're right- there's no quick fix - I guess that's part of reincarnation, we're at our own pace. Meditation is a slow and steady method that always connects us to our center.

Karoliina, wow, you really are/were busy!! Planning a wedding and saving for a home, I understand very well! Sending you some good energy for that!

I would be interested if anyone else uses these cards as a meditation tool.

14. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I'm giving rebirth to this thread, because I finally got my deck or Reincarnation Cards. This was actually a work-related purchase, and I decided to order them half-jokingly, when I was all seriously getting my first tarot deck.

I tried them for the first time today, and I did it twice. The first set that I drew didn't really resonate, but I couldn't say I definitely didn't have that kind of incarnation. The second draw was better, and could even be about an incarnation I had memories of beforehand. :thumbsup:

I believe your intuition can really give you the ability to pick the right kind of cards, but it probably takes practice. I think it is and will be fun to play with these, but I don't really feel like I need them, as I can pretty easily access PL memories in other ways, too.

It could be interesting to try and give readings to friends with no PL memories, and see if the results would resonate with them. I feel almost like I'm too pro in the reincarnation field for this myself. : angel :D

It would be interesting - if I only would have enough time - to meditate after each draw to see if playing triggers memories that would be accessible afterwards.

Karoliina