Reincarnation in the News? A TV show? An Interview?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

I am watching a program that is underway on the Science Channel "H2", called "Science of the Soul - Combining knowledge of history and modern technologies helps seekers determine whether souls exist". It is a two-hour 2010 production which I just stumbled upon and which includes some of the best information about the James Leininger case that I have ever seen, short of reading the book "Soul Survivor". It is well worth searching for, but very hard to find on Google. I hope it is re-aired wherever you are.

2. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Great list mama2HRB! I'm a member on Netflix, so will be looking at those soon - thanks for posting them! :)

Nightrain, that sounds like a show I've GOT to see (unfortunatly I missed it the first time, don't watch all that much TV anymore). On the Science Channel 'H2' you say...I'm off to look into that. :thumbsup:

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

My all time favorite movie about reincarnation...Dead Again.

:cool

4. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

You are welcome :thumbsup:

I am watching Celebrity Ghost Stories on Comcast on Demand, it is episode 11. Tracey Gould was speaking of a little ghost that was around the house for several years, she had the feeling it was a boy.

She had an urge to get pregnant and had a little boy. The ghost has not been seen since the boy was born. She believes it was the spirit of her youngest son waiting to come.

Cool :thumbsup:

5. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

That was probably the first time I was introduced to reincarnation, watching Dead Again. I absolutely love that movie!

6. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Well, looked up the channel and I don't get it... :( I really wanted to see that show, it sounded SO good. :( I don't suppose there's anywhere it can be watched on the internet...? Probably not.

7. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

Dido :thumbsup:

8. ladonnacuriosa

ladonnacuriosa New Member

Shirley MacLaine

I saw a clip of an interview with Shirley MacLaine on Oprah where she mentions her belief in reincarnation. She believes that the soul is everlasting, and that no one really dies, they just pass on. "[You] go to another level of understanding until you decide to come back to the schoolroom again - Earth," she says. She also mentions that she doesn't go to funerals: "Nobody's dead, so why am I going to a funeral?".

Cool lady.

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Sandra Thomas is a renowned producer in Malayalam cinema. Here is an article in which she talks about her dream of making a movie about her experience:

10. ~Ophelia~

~Ophelia~ New Member

Thanks for posting this Chris. I hope she does!

11. Ginger2

Ginger2 New Member

Cloud Atlas

Greetings,

There is a new movie coming out "Cloud Atlas" (great novel as well) in the very near future about reincarnation . I can't wait to see this one!

"The official trailer for The Watchowskis' "Cloud Atlas" starring Tom Hanks, Halle Berry & Hugo Weaving. The unifying concept between the six separate stories that makes up Cloud Atlas is that each features the same souls, reincarnated throughout the ages (played by the same actors and actresses). We also see Doona Bae (The Host) as a human clone from the future, whose sense of individuality puts her at risk, Hugh Grant reappearing throughout the ages as "incredibly evil" people, including a vicious cannibal and Susan Sarandon as the (eternally unobtainable) object of Broadbent's affections.

For the full story read Movieline.com

http://movieline.com/2012/07/26/cloud-atlas-trailer-images-andy-lana-wachowski/ "

12. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thank you Ginger2 this sounds fascinating. What an interesting approach.

13. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

An interesting article in today's China Times:

Gam people in southern China tell tales of past lives for tourists. (gone)