• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Reincarnation link to time slips

Gemeni

Senior Registered
Hi all.
As some of you will know I was lucky enough to experience a time slip some years ago which I posted about here. (I'll find the link later for anyone who wants to see it).
Today I've found some info about time slips, which I'll also put the link to in a moment.
In the last paragraph it says that there is a strong possibility that time slips are linked to reincarnation and will happen if you return to a place you know.
Mine happened in Cornwall, where I spent a lot of time in my teens. I felt very strongly pulled to the area and was happier there than at home.
Anyway please do have a read and see what you think.

Edited by ChrisR to delete invalid link

Interesting to see that the experience shown on the other link also has the person seeing people from different eras all at the same time.
Oh what a strange world we inhabit!

Interesting piece...I especially like the time slip that the last gentleman encountered in Liverpool Street...and the fact he then got collaborative evidence, so to say, with the woman he followed into the store - that must have confirmed the event even moreso for him!!!!!!!

Makes you wonder how he appeared to that guy in the van though within the timeslip...everyone else seemed "unconnected" in a way to the guys experience, but if the van was hooting, it obviously did "collide" with the timeframe of the other gentleman also...would be interesting if someone dug up a story about a ghostly man appearing in the middle of Liverpool Street as told by the van driver in the 1940's

Makes you wonder if a some (if not a lot) of the ghost sitings aroud historical sights are not just experiences of similar timeslips that are unrecognised at the time by the viewer...maybe because the grounds or buildings have not changed so much (even down to the furnishings) that the other "inconsistencies" are not as prominent as the actual figures in age old dress and costume is to the person experiencing the scene before them. Of course imprints is another possiblity along with the presences and residue energies that dwell there...but some could be down to this phenomenon also.

------------------
Lots of Love
Kelly

[This message has been edited by Kelly (edited 08-20-2002).]

As a skeptic, I would not have any belief in something so absurd as "time slips" save for the fact that I have experienced one.

Two possibilities were not mentioned about the lorry driver tooting his horn. Consider that our time traveler may have "switched channels" in his own brain from the real and present to some possibly-past-life memory of the past without affecting or being affected by external reality in any way. It is possible that the halucination was auditory as well as visual. We don't know that any horn ever sounded. It is equally possible that to an outside observer this man was simply crossing the street without looking. To him, the old-fashioned scenery was so interesting and distracting that he did not see a real, 1996 vehicle which potentially could have rendered him flat.

Either of thsese are infinately more likely than actual time travel. If "time slips" were actual rather than sensory, we would all occasionally see "futureghosts." New fashions and other items carried on one's person would regularly and accurately portrayed by those who saw them on visitors from the future. These sights would be sufficiently strange as to be reported and discussed by the observers. Furthermore, since they would not appear "supernatural" there would be no stigma preventing them from being widely reported. In Liverpool, for example, there would be stories from several people who, in the 50's saw an extremely strangely dressed man acting oddly in front of Cripp's. There would now be a considerable body of checkable evidence for sightings of future visitors.

Please not that my use of the term halucinations is intended to be technical and not pejorative. I do also refer to my own "time slip" experience as halucination. This is the only time I have ever halucinated and you may be assured that while it was happening everything I was seeing looked every bit as real as any normal experience.
...Rod

Hi Rod.
I'd be interested to read your account of your experience.
During my own it seemed that although we could see people from different eras, none of them seemed to be able to see us. Some sounds were still around - seagulls - and others had vanished totally.
Certainly the path that we were walking on didn't even exist in the present era - where we would actually have been walking off the edge of a sheer cliff!!
Our experience made both of us feel as if we were existing in 'no particular time'.
Was that how yours felt?

Hi Rod

Thank you for bringing up just a few of the other possibilities that could have existed during that man’s experience…I was typing my post at 1am in the morning, so I just went off on a tangent and seemed to ramble off on my own thoughts after reading the article….LOL…but you are very right in your observations.

Like Gemeni, I would be very interested in hearing about your own experience with “timeslip”

------------------
Lots of Love
Kelly

Hi Kelly (stranger!!).
Typing at 1 in the morning? How do you do it? I'm impressed. All I can do at that time is sleep walking!!!!!
Missing you.
Love
Gemeni.

Hi Gemeni

It seems that my sleeping patterns are going through a flux recently…LOL…I’ve always been a night person though and often find myself browsing the boards late at night - it’s just the replying I should watch…LOLOL…sometimes I come back and I’m quite pleased with my answer, other times I cringe where no-one can see me…LOLOL

As to the elusiveness I’m working on that presently…hopefully I’ll be back in full swing EVERY where by next week

------------------
Lots of Love
Kelly

I remember well the days of vinyl phonograph records. Sometimes you would get dust on the needle and hear a past track or a future track along with the desired sounds. Perhaps time is a spiral like a record track and we simply have dust on our needles!

Really interesting phenominon. To be honest I'd never heard of "time slip" before, so I really don't know what to make of it, or whether to believe it or not.

I'd really love to look onto these claims. Does anybody else know of any other links or books on the subject? I did a web search but didn't turn up anything relevant.

Hi Fiziwig.
I've managed to find brief details of the most famous time slip case for you. https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4296
There hasn't been very much written about them. After the experience my husband and I had was written about in a magazine I received letters from people around the world who are collecting cases. It seems to be a phenominon that has happened to quite a few, yet escaped mass publicity for some reason.
When it happened to us we knew nothing about any other cases and frankly, we were confused to say the least!!!! Throughout the whole experience we didn't speak to each other as we were too busy looking around and feeling puzzled. I still wonder if it might happen again if we returned to the area.
When I have some more time I'll see if I can find any other details for you.

Hmmmm, That sounds like a book that needs to be written. Now if I only had some spare time to spend on writing it ;-)

Could evidence in favour of time slips possiably be used to support the idea that all time is simultanious? Would the theory of simultanious time explain the phenominum of time slips?

Jo

------------------
"An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind"

Mohandas Gandhi

I went through a big ghost story phase sometime around age 10... I remember many of the books mentioning time slip phenomenon.

I can't recall any of the titles, alas, but the story that really stuck with me was of a gentleman who was at a college and walked into a room that at one point had been a library... only no one was moving. It was like walking into a photograph.

It would certainly be interesting if people could control this phenomenon.... the implications of being able to go back to the 1600s and watch an original production of a Shakespearian play.... or to the Civil War era and listen to the Gettysburg address...

What a wonderful learning tool it would be!

Blessings~
Tatinne

One of the most famous Time Slip stories is called the Versailles Time Slip. It's a story captured in the book, An Adventure, written by headmistress Eleanor Jourdain and college principal Charlotte "Annie" Moberley.

Their Time Slip ocurred one afternoon on the 10th of August 1901, when the two ladies were walking through the gardens of the Palace of Versailles, searching for the Trianon. While they were looking around, they suddenly found themselves among people wearing 18th century clothes, and came across a man sitting on the steps of a summer house bearing smallpox scars, common in the 1700's.

Charlotte "Annie" Moberley saw a woman in an eighteenth century gown near the Petit Trianon who was sketching. Apparently she bore an uncanny resemblance to Marie Antoinette, who was King Louis XVI's consort.

It wasn't long before more people came forward to report similar episodes in the Versailles gardens. The conclusion that the women came to about the incident was that they had either traveled back in time or had actually stumbled across ghosts from the period around the 1780's. One lady called Clare M. Burrow helped to add some weight to their story by claiming that she had walked through a gate that had been sealed up years before.

All I can say is that I'm SO envious!

Stephan

------------------
"Intolerance is the most socially acceptable form of egotism, for it permits us to assume superiority without personal boasting." --Sidney Harris

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but there are a few good books out there that deal with the subject of time slips:

Time and again
Time after time
Author - Jack Finny

Both books are fictional but they show what it would be like to be able to control time slips and travel back in time at will.

There's also a good movie with Christopher Reeves in it I think it's called Time after time and it's about a guy who's able to travel back in time after he finds out about time slips.

I've always been interested with this theory!

Later.

Jeremy

In Rod's thread about AmazingRandy's questions, I had postulated some possible explanations of the phenomeon of memory, one of which is -- "There is a universal repository of memories/impressions of all events which we can tap into, some perhaps better than others". This was suggested to me by Edgar Cayce's explanation that the source of his information was "Akashic Records". Time slips can then be explained as people suddenly becoming aware of some of these records but in a confused sort of way. The confusion is that what they 'feel' as present is merely a vision of the past.

I want to clarify this a bit. While someone adept like Edgar Cayce could tap into these stored impressions and interprete them correctly with respect to time and space, others not so gifted might still be able to tap into these records but not get the correct idea as to the time frame and even location resulting in a time slip experience.

Kris

[This message has been edited by kris0503 (edited 08-29-2002).]

Would time slips be retrocognition from the viewpoint of the present? Presumably, time slips could be precognition from the time frame of a past viewpoint?

I return often to scenes in the great war. These are in color. You feel the heat and wind. You hear and smell. These scenes have occured since early childhood. There are other time frames as well. I need not be asleep for these to happen, yet they have never happened in a compromising situation like driving in a car.

I read a theory by some physicist (I wish I could remember who it was) that said memory is not really memory. Instead it is a mental connection with the actual past event. In that case the Akashic Record wouldn't be a record at all, in the conventional sense. Instead it would be a connection, across time, with the actual event.

According to this theory to recall something from the Akashic Record is really to re-experience it as it happens. So instead of the event being recorded, the Akashic Record is actually a "gate" into the past so that the event can be experienced.

Perhaps our purpose on earth to build gates to events so that other souls can experience those events too. In fact how do we know we are really making choices as we create the events of this lifetime? Maybe we are not the first one to experience our present lifetime. Maybe we are just re-experiencing a lifetime that has already been completed. That would explain how we can get such clear glimpses of the future from time to time.

What we think of as the future is really the past and has already been recorded in the Akashic Record. So, like a strip of movie film, past, present and future all coexist on the film, but we still have to experience it in sequential time. While we watch a movie we may wonder "what will happen next". But in reality, "what will happen next" has already happened and exists in the present, recorded on the film at the moment the movie was made.

This would explain how time can be both real and an illusion. It would also explain how two people could claim the same past life. But it would also mean that free will is just an illusion.

Quote:
"This would explain how time can be both real and an illusion."

fiziwig,
I think you are on to something here. I think the whole creation is both real and an illusion. In India, we refer to the illusion aspect as 'maya'. The illusion becomes the reality when we are 'involved and invested' in it. When we see the creation from a distance, and I am not measuring distance in miles or kilometers, but as lack of involvement and investment, we get a better view of things. This is how I understand it intellectually. Perhaps, someday, I will be able to speak from experience.

Kris

I would have responded sooner, but recent days have been busy. Once before I posted the story of my apparent "time slip" experience, but I've been unable to find that thread to copy it. So here's a brief summary:

Amongst their futile attempts to get me interested in pyhsical activity, my parents got a family membership to a "swimming club." This is a place where members could use the pool. Next to the pool was a single building, where one found a consession stand offering bad fast food, as well as showers, bathrooms, and changing rooms. The place had a dim, musty hallway through which dripping members walked over faded, dingy astroturf to the facilities where, in theory they could emerge feeling clean and refreshed. Once long ago, this building had been someone's nice house in the country, but its patrician origins were well disguised.

I was about eight or nine years old at the time when I was with my father in the men's changing room and I noticed a small hole in the wall. Through it I stared in amazement for a couple of minutes at most beatiful room. It was an elegant dining room with fine mahogony furniture (my favourite type) and shieldback chairs with needlepoint tapestry seats having a floral pattern on a blue background. Fine china was proudly displayed in a the china cabinet and the sun shone brilliantly in through the french doors. A blue/green theme was carried in the china, in a beautiful oriental rug, as well as in the walls which were painted with that wonderful blue/green colour that has not been quite properly made since lead paint was banned. The room was immaculate and I described it as the kind of place where nice older ladies would sit and have tea, though nobody was in the room at that moment. The hole was low on the wall and my father tried to bend down but his adult size and bad back made it difficult. He said he couldn't get close enough to see anything through the hole.

I thought it must be a back office or club owner's private space, though it seemed strange to have such elegance co-existing under a roof with its veritable anthesis. I decided that I wanted to see that room and go in there with my father. We expected it would be behind a locked door, but that perhaps if we asked nicely and mentioned our interest in fine furniture a manager would give us a little tour. This was not to be.

We walked farther down the dingy hallway where we had never ventured before. It went past the entrance to the women's bathroom and a closet. Where it turned the corner would be the other side of the wall through which I peered. There was no locked door there. There was no door at all. A back room there was a pool storage room that has some cheap broken outdoor furniture, and a few lost styrofoam pool toys. The room had linoleum flor which was generously adorned with dried-on mud. The walls were painted yellow with level of care that suggested only that this shade of paint had been on sale at a reduced price when someone went looking for it.

I was in disbelief and protested that we must have gone too far around and this was not the other side of the same wall. Then my father pointed to the hole. It was the same shape and at the same height. I got down on my knees and looked through it seeing the men's changing room on the other side. It was the same small opening through which, mere moments ago, a wonderous sight appeared. For further confirmation that my eyes or mind had decieved me, I went back to the dressing room and looked back through the same hole to see only the muddy storage room with the lost toys and broken furniture.

I have no explanation for this. It is the one and only halucination which I've ever had. Being neither a madman, nor a user of drugs, I have always been confident that seeing is believing, but just once it wasn't.

...Rod

Thanks for all those links Fiziwig. I'll have a good read later. It's nice to see others having the same experience. I just wish I could have another turn - it was wonderful.

active time slipping

Time slip
Dear all,
Having read this thread, courtesy of Kris’s cross reference, I decided to bring it forward because it is not only very interesting itself but also has a lot of very informative links.

I cannot help thinking that Jerry’s post of 08-29-2002 somehow holds a key to this phenomenon. In visiting several places in Europe and Iran, I often got the feeling that I had been there before but none of them were strong enough to precipitate any form of true past life recall. When much later in life I first succeeded with a past life recall as the result of regression, the experience was very much the same as several of the accounts given above. The effect was crystal clear, I was walking along a path, a road more properly, made of crushed white marble, I was very much aware that I was wearing sandals as I could feel the texture of the path through the soles. I could also sense every detail of my clothing and equipment. There were dejected people to either side of the path that was itself directed at an assemblage off low lying grey-white stone buildings. I knew that there was no need to notice these people because they were a defeated population. A retinue of officers and others followed on my heels. As I touched my cheek and forehead to know what I was wearing, I had the shock of realising who I was and what was doing and was devastated. In that ancient land that general and commander also touched his cheek (my former self) in setting his helmet, and at the exact same time suffered a pang of guilt over what he intended (my pain of conscience in this current life). It was an historical city sacked and pillaged as an act of political terror and I knew it instantly in the context of the regression both in its original and in its current form.

Thus I believe that geographical locations are quite capable of effecting past-life recall but not just the misty stuff. Rather full-scale reconstructions, actually everything as it was and as it always continues to be (see Fiziwig above 08-29-2002 and Kris 31-08-2002):)

Now just maybe, that commander would not have adjusted his helmet but for my insight (regression). This means he could also be prevailed upon to turn aside from his chosen path of destruction and in which case the city might be spared and what a time-slip that would cause! So to my thesis, adjust a past life wrong :( and cause a time-slip……:). More here.
Regards

Back