Remembers being in Heaven (very long)

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by MomofElvis, Jan 6, 2008.

1. MomofElvis

MomofElvis New Member

I wanted to tell about my daughter and some neat things that have happened along our journey to be a family. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitus at 15 so it came as no surpise that we had trouble conceiving. After trying for 6 years,we decided to quit. l fell in love with the pictures I saw of the beautiful children from Guatemala so we decided to adopt.

Knowing it would take a while to save up money, we tied one more cycle. Surprising us and the Dr it worked. I just knew I was having a boy, but I did have a dream about a little girl with pig tails and her name was Katie, my Katie made her entrance into the world 4-7-97

She spoke sentences at 13 mths. Mostly I onna baby seester She talked about baby Sara for years. One day, at 2, she told me how she and baby Sara peeked down and watched me and her dad from Heaven, knowing that we were going to be their parents.She told how she sat on God's lap and he smelled like cookies. He was very nice and a gentle voice. I asked her what God looked like? She described his long dark beard and hair. His white robe, and he was barefoot. all angels are barefoot too. I said well that sounds like pictures I have seen of Jesus, are you sure it was God. She very discusstedly looked at me and said "DUH mom, it's his DAD".

Once after she made a wish at Disney, we asked her what she had wished for, thinking it would be to meet Jasmine or Ariel. She said I wish you would not have worried so much about me coming, it just took God a long time to make me.

We started the fertility treatments all over but 2 months into it I got a very bad sinus infection, was on major antibiotics so we skipped that month. I had a funny feeling and asked the DR to do a test. It was positive, but a weak positive. I miscarried later that week.Katie never mentioned Sara again. I asked her if it had been Sara but she just shrugged and changed the subject. Our Dr advised that another pregnancy would put me at major risk and would likely be in bed for 9 months.

When we told our family that we were pursuing adoption, my brother in law told us that he had just recently had a dream that we came had a little boy, who had brown skin and was ours, but not our blood. After 2 1/2 years with no news, finally we were matched with a girl due at Halloween. One week, before the baby was due and right after our shower the agency called,the birth mother was taking money from 3 agencies. That was the final straw. I still felt a strong pull to Guatemala. We changed our paperwork 12-22-05. We switched agency 1-26-06. 2-24-06 I was searching photo listing website and saw the name Elvis who, by the way had been born the day before we chose our agency. I always call things Elvis. I giggled "Oh yea, this will be my guy" I opened the page and saw these eyes that somehow I felt I had known all my life. I knew I was looking at my son, the agency that was handeling his adoption,was mine. I found out later the attorney representing him was with another agency, but they had too many waiting boys. He had contacted our agency about 5 days before and asked if they could try to find him a family. I called the agency and told them I wanted Elvis, but they said that another couple were deciding between him and another child. Little did I know that right before I called they had decided on the other little boy. I called my husband at work and sent him the link to the picture to see his son, he pulled up the picture, but got called out of his office and closed the page. 5 minutes later,he clicked it again but the picture was gone, he called me in a panic and I said "he's ours so they must have removed him" (not knowing that for sure, just flapping my jaws) then the call waiting beeps, it's the agency saying Congratultions he's yours.

I loved the name Juan Carlos,and said that one day I am going to have a Juan Carlos, but we had all decided on the name Anthony, after my husband (actually I sat up in the middle of the night once and said "Honey, we are going to have a boy and his name is Anthony Carlos so he will have the same initials as you, to which he said..go back to sleep) We flew to Guatemala for a visit in March. For half the day we called him Anthony, but it just didn't fit. I said I swear, he's a Carlos. Turns out that is what his foster father and foster brother's name was. So he became Anothony Carlos Elvis A.. It felt like the adoption was taking forever so I had to hold him again. We visited again in July. At the hotel desk they informed me they had a reservation for August 19th, not July. I said well I will be back August 19th to take him home, but I need a room now (again flapping my jaws, I had no idea when we would be taking him home) Sure enough, I was standing at the front desk checking in...August 19th to finalize the adoption and take my son home. Since that is they day he was placed in our arms forever, we celebrate that as his Gotcha Day.

I thought about it and checked Katie's baby book, I found out I was pregnant, August 19th 1996. In July I had a hysterectomy, the Dr informed me that my left tube was tied in a knot, a basket ball sized cyst on my left ovary, my right ovary was adhered to the back of my uterus, which had moved and was not even in the right place, and he could not find my right tube but assumed it was in the endometriosis he removed. He said he had no clue how I ever had a baby.:eek: Sorry this was so long and probably more info than you ever wanted to know about me, but I think it is just so wild how things work out.

2. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi MomofElvis,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing the story about how you got your two wonderful kids. :)

Your daughter's comments are beautiful - it's amazing how much kids know and remember - and how much they can teach us if we are willing to listen.

Many Blessings,

Ailish

3. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Hi MomofElvis :)

welcome and thank you for sharing .

My youngest brother and his wife have adopted 2 girls form China - my cute little nices - and I told him genes don't matter - it's the connection of the souls

I believe that we chose our parents and your post is just one more confirmation :)

Clivia

4. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello Momofelvis....thanks for sharing your story.

My thoughts exactly!!!

Tinkerman

5. breck00

breck00 New Member

In-utero memory?

We have always said that our now 7 year old son has an "old soul". He has always been very wise (not the same as smart, although he is that too) for his age and made comments that have really surprised us. One night during dinner when he was 3 years old he suddenly made the comment that he remembered what it was like being in my tummy. We thought "oh,really" expecting that he was going to talk about his "room" in there and his toys, etc. So we went along and asked what it was like. Very matter-of-factly he said that it was dark in there and all he could see was red with "lines all over". We asked what lines and he said "just like these on your hand, mommy". He was pointing to the veins on my hand! He also said, "And I remember hearing your heart and your tummy rumbling". He had never seen on TV or otherwise anything about what it is like in-utero. He was very serious about it. Could this really be a memory from before he was born? I had a miscarriage three months before I conceived him. Could he have come right back to me and the memory is from his previous life or am I just crazy?

6. traveler

traveler Senior Registered

Welcome, breck. :)

When my daughter (also 7 now) was 3, she remembered her birth and shared her experience with me in her own words. I shared that story here

7. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome to the forum breck00. Yes, it is very possible your son remembers. In the book Stories of the Unborn Soul: The Mystery and Delight of Pre-Birth Communication by Elisabeth Hallett, you will find many stories regarding pre-birth memory. Her website Light Hearts has chapter one of the book available for those interested.

[​IMG]

8. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello and welcome Breck00! :)

Thank you for sharing about your son. There are varying views on when a soul enters a body, but I think it's safe to say sometimes it happens already during pregnancy - so that the soul enters a fetus - and sometimes only at the time of birth.

But even if a soul would enter the body at the time of birth, the spirit can "hang around" the chosen family even years before pregnancy. Some children have talked about things that they haven't been told to and that have happened to their parents long before pregnancy.

You'll find lots of interesting information with the help Deborah gave you. Keep us posted if your son talks more about these things. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

9. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

a year ago when my son was nine, we were talking about his little brother, who was one, and my son said something about remembering before he was born and i asked him what it was like

he said that it was dark and crowded in my tummy and he didnt like it...(to this day he refuses to sleep in total darkness)...and he said he was fed through a twisted chain that was wrapped around his neck and choked him...when i was in labor, he moved and the cord became wrapped around his neck for awhile until the drs got him to move another way...he has never been told anything about his birth...its odd to hear him speaking of it

10. dreamer8682

dreamer8682 New Member

`

Wow that's pretty rare. I remember quite a bit about my early childhood, more than most people my age that I know. I attach memories to objects, certain colors or places and can literally play them back like a movie in my mind's eye. I'm a rational person and don't take everything at face value so the relevancy even comes off as surprising to me at times. But I don't remember quite that far. I don't have any particular phobias, I'm not really claustrophobic but at the same time I really don't like isolated areas, they almost seem morbid to me, the thought of being removed from surroundings.

11. ButterflyPsyche

ButterflyPsyche Senior Registered

MomofElvis, thank you so much for that post! It is so heartwarming. Your daughter is very special!! The wish she made is just too precious. How much those little ones can teach us! Hey, they might be "older" than we are!

Breck00, welcome! I definitely think it is possible for your son to remember being in utero. My nephew talks (several times) about how it was so much fun to swim in there because there was no chlorine and no noise and how he could hear us talking and how loud a particular family member was.

Deborah, that book looks absolutely fascinating! Thank you for posting it.

12. indigobutterfly

indigobutterfly New Member

Hi, MomofElvis~Your daughter is adorable. :) And, it's so neat how when our kids make a contract with us to be our kids, they find a way, no matter what, to land into our arms. Very cool story about your kids. :D

Breck, that's a great story about your son. :)

Thanks for sharing about the book, Deborah!! I put it on my list. I'll read that chapter today. Thanks!!

Alaskanlaughter~Wow, your son's remembering being in utero is fascinating. I love hearing these stories! I'm glad he's okay after the cord being around his neck. That was a fear of mine when I was pregnant. Glad he made it out fine! I hope his fears go away about the darkness. :)

13. LadyRayven

LadyRayven New Member

Could this also mean the child communicating with the parent months before they were even conceived? I had three months of hearing a baby crying in the house before I concieved my last child. And that was something, because she was a cryer big time, which is something for me, my two other children hardly ever cried at all!

14. Karoliina

I think it is certainly possible, as I've heard of children telling their parents about things that happened to the family before they were conceived (that they couldn't have known without having been there). I think often the soul chooses a family, hangs around them observing them, waiting for the possibility to inhabit a new body, when the mother gets pregnant.

Karoliina

15. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi MomofElvis,

I've often wondered what role infertility has played in our son choosing to come to us. It almost seems to make sense that your son chose you.

Don't know if I can explain this but I think I'm a better mother because we had fertility problems and we were really ready for our son when he finally came--born to me but in the same kind of miracle that your Katie was born in.

I may have not been as involved if he had come without us being ready or if I was a single mom. But that is just me. Our situation was necessary for me to really be fully present and involved in his life. I see so many parents whose kids are an afterthought or an accident and their relationship with their kids reflects that.

When my son started speaking of his past lives, I really learned to listen to him. Because so much of what he says is about SpongeBob and Pokemon, it is hard to really listen to everything but it has paid off. I have his past life recall to thank for that. Just really listening and paying attention to what he is saying has strengthened our relationship in other ways and he talks to me about a lot of things now.

So, I'm saying that it seems like everything truly happens for a reason. The way you got Elvis and Katie is the way it was supposed to happen and you are blessed.

Vicky

16. mamakaykay

mamakaykay Senior Registered

I don't post very often but this thread caught my eye because I have posted similar things in the past about my son Cameron. He also says he has seen God and knows what he looks like (but describes him as a bubble?) and says he has been in God's house. He also tells me about things God controls like weather and such. One time it was raining and he said something like "yup it's just God's way of controlling us". Very matter of fact! He also told me what it was like "in your tummy", and while I was pregnant with my youngest told me that she told HIM that she was comfy in there and he said he had been as well. So anyway, that's part of my story in a nutshell, I know the rest of it is around here somewhere, lol.

17. Karoliina

Hello Mamakaykay, it's very nice to see you - it's been a while! :)

Your thread about Cameron is here.

I hope you and the whole family are doing well. :thumbsup: I'm sure Aaliyah is all grown and adorable like our Stella now. Does she speak a lot already? Btw, I'm pregnant with our second, due in April. :)

Karoliina

18. mamakaykay

Karoliina! It has been a long time! Congrats on the baby! Yes Aaliyah is getting sooo big! She will be 2 on Friday, can you believe it? I remember when she and Stella were just little tiny things, lol. She talks A LOT!! She amazes us everyday with things she has learned to say and do. She can be a bit of a bully to Cameron...or Toddie as she calls him but he continues to love her and spoil her. He's in Kindergarten now and she is usually the first one he greets.

19. Karoliina

Awww, they're so cute! hug3.gif I hope Aaliyah will have a very happy birthday - it's Stella's turn in November. :)

Karoliina

20. ButterflyPsyche

Wow, that is amazing. Every time I see rain, I will think of that! I hope you will continue to post, I would love to hear more about Cameron!

21. mamakaykay

Butterfly, thank you for the kind words! Cameron is a very special soul and ever since he was a toddler has been surprising me with the things he says and SEES...(when he was about 18 months he started talking to my brother who passed away about 12 years before Cam was even born! Actually called him by his name!). He also has a big love for the beach, it can be the dead of winter and he BEGS to go to the beach! He doesn't care which one...my dad and stepmom live on an island off the coast of Washington and he will beg to go there so he can be at the beach (they live 5 min walking distance) or will ask to take a trip to Ocean Shores, Wa. I will tell him it's too cold to go to the beach, too rainy, windy, etc and he does not care! He will say "so? I just need to go to the beach!" He actually hit my mom and stepdad up for a trip to the beach the other day, lol, my mom told me. I jokingly told my parents I think Cam was a beach bum in a previous life, lol.

22. ButterflyPsyche

Wow, I can't imagine an 18 month old saying such things. Fascinating! I am really intrigued by his use of the word "need". Children don't often "need" to go somewhere. Thank you so much for updating!