Researching Witch burnings and murders

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Self Proclaimed Greatness, May 21, 2021.

1. Self Proclaimed Greatness

Self Proclaimed Greatness New Member

Hey all,

I'm hoping that I have can find some people to talk about this.

I'm researching the burning of witches of Europe, especially those who might have past life memory of those events and times. I was talking to a woman a couple of days ago and she mentioned that she had been burned at the stake.

My research isn't so much about "facts" but rather impressions, impact, lasting feelings, and memories. Also, if you remember the time of witches, what are your feelings lasting impacts of those killings?

Many thanks, in advance.

2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Self,

Lots of people were burned. They started on the heretics first. The first crusade on European soil (The Albigensian Crusade) was put together and pursued to destroy the Cathars (who the Church considered heretics). After they accomplished all they could in this manner, they came up with the Inquisition to sniff out and root out those missed by the crusade. Once they had the Inquisition warmed up, and as the number of Cathars was reduced to something close to zero, the Inquisition began looking for new targets--including "witches"--but they were not the original targets.

So, it could be that the lady above was burned as a heretic rather than a witch (though after awhile these categories began to be blended together). In terms of people who remember being executed as part of the Crusade and later Inquisition, the only members I am aware of are Eowyn and Kaye. Eowyn was executed but not burned. Kaye was burned but has been missing for some time--and may have been a victim of Covid.

Cordially,
    S&S

3. Self Proclaimed Greatness

I am researching this because I think history is flawed on the subject. They say the Crusades were about religion or the mistreatment of Christians in the Middle East. But history shows that it was more about sugar. The Crusaders went to the Middle East to get the sugar beets and became addicted to it. They would come back to England on ships. Coming up the River Thames they went to what was later called The Church of the Crusaders, but also the Church of Mary Magdalene. They would go insane or already were. The Church of the Crusaders became Bedlam, the first madhouse in the world. The church and the state were trying to push the sugar onto the people. It was addicting. The witches would try to heal people who were in sugar shock or other Diabetic Type diseases. They would accuse witches of be-witching the people who are in comas or spasming (T-witching). There's a lot of reason to believe that the church and the state were corrupt and began killing the women who opposed the sugar. They would use their divining rods to test the life force of the sugar. They declared it dead food, AKA without life force. To promote their agenda, they begin to burn those women who opposed them and made it illegal for women to teach or heal. So I would like to discuss with someone who thought they were there, how they might feel about this idea.

I am aware that burning was a common method of killing for the state and the church. But I am more interested in the parts and memories from the witches. What if this was cold-blooded murder and not some sort of rabid fear of the people?

4. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

It was a multi faceted issue that's easy to chalk up to a single explanation. It was essentially people breaking the status quo, economical reasons, paranoia, and a certain agenda of the church. All fueled by religious hysteria over perceived notions of heresy. Get the public riled up enough and they'll do the work for you.

A number of the women condemned as witches weren't witches at all, but innocent people who stood out too much.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    SeaAndSky and Speedwell like this.
  5. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I was wondering about the reasons for your postings. This is a reincarnation forum, originally set up as a support for parents of young children having unexpected apparent recall of a past life. By now it has expanded a little and includes many adult past-life recollections too.

So I was wondering, do you have any past-life recall yourself, what is your own relationship with the topic of past lives? In terms of research, is that to help in dealing with your own past lives, or is it an academic interest, or a journalistic one, for example?

SeaAndSky likes this.
  6. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Self,

I'd say that your post #3 was . . . ahem . . . just plain bonkers, but I may be wrong. I've been surprised at times to find that some things I thought to be bonkers had (at least) a grain of truth in them. So, this would be a good time to trot out some reputable scholars who back this theory, or--as the case may be--some disreputable scholars who back this theory. If you don't have those, how about some proven or verifiable facts that back what you just put up. For all of these it would be good if you provided links.

Hi Speedwell,

Your points are well made and taken. Personally, though I may be wrong, I would urge admin/mod to spare posts that search for people with past-life memories relevant to a historic topic. These can stimulate some interesting discussions and seem to me to be within the broadened scope of the board. I have done some posts of that type myself from time-to-time. However, if they're not directly relevant to reincarnation, I would usually put them up in "Members Lounge".

Cordially,
    S&S

Speedwell likes this.
  7. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Bethlem Royal Hospital (later Bedlam) seems to have arisen in relation to the charitable work of the Church of Bethlehem. Returning crusaders might have been treated there, but there doesn't seem to be evidence that it was started purely to heal those that had been in the Crusades. And nothing to do with sugar.

What are your sources for these theories?

For the record, I don't recall any life pertaining to witches.

8. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yes, I respect your opinion. I certainly was not considering any particular actions here. It was as much a kind of noseyness or curiosity about any new member. I was less concerned with the subject matter than in what lay behind the enquiry. That, I should add was as much from the perspective of an ordinary member as anything else.

9. Self Proclaimed Greatness

My reasons are rather complex. I didn't think I was violating any of your intentions for the forum.

I have researched past lives for many years. I could name three or four past lives with descriptions to perhaps another six. I am often a religious or spiritual figure. This lifetime, I'm just an ordinary cult member.

Sometimes past lives memories aren't about one person as much as relating to energies of an event. Sometimes a person's hurt isn't perhaps remembered as their own but similar to some other historical event. Thus a person can bring in the energy of that event to assist in understanding it to heal it.

Deeper understanding can perhaps come later. Thus the reason you can go to a Queen Guinevere reunion with perhaps more than a hundred women who remember being Queen Guinevere.

I am nearly always a troublemaker. But in a way that helps people question what they have been taught.

There is a lot of people relating to the witch burnings, perhaps millions more than were actually there.

One member mentioned that I must be bonkers, and there is no doubt that I see the universe differently. I was interested in the memories of these times from anyone who related to them, because in the relationship itself will be details of the event. I know what I am looking for, but it would be difficult to describe it for you.

I am writing a novel, one where my heroine goes back into a parallel universe to save the witches. But I need to understand a more personal relationship to the pain. I was generally a nun or monk during that time and don't recall being burned. But I was there. I helped when I could. But it also ties into some my political adventures, but again perhaps too difficult to explain.

I am trying to reframe our perspective on what happened there. Many people feel victimized, but I think perhaps in the wrong way. They feel victimized by the fear and hate of the masses when it may have been intentional murder from the hierarchy.

Many people carry the pain in these events, but most that I've talk to can only remain bitter about it. A new perspective can lay out a pathway to healing that I could perhaps offer, and would like to offer.

However, I'm getting old and will not fight to stay on your forum. There are other places. Let me know.

Thanks