Seasons Greetings 2015

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by tanguerra, Dec 4, 2015.

1. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Merry Christmas will soon be upon us all, and all that comes with it.

Regardless of people's various faiths or creeds, this can be a time to spread peace love and joy to all the world.

Let this year mark the time when things began to change for the better. Let there be light, even in our darkest times.

Please join me in sharing our light with the world.

2. tanguerra

3. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I love listening to boys choirs. Here is the French Boys Choir, PCCB, singing Christmas carols while on tour in S. Korea.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
  4. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

This is one of my favorite Christmas videos! Truly shows the spirit of the season.

I actually had an incident like this while stationed in Iraq. It wasn't with the enemy, but one of our allies. We ran into the Bugarians while we were out on a mission and even though we couldn't speak each other's language, we started trading pieces from our uniform and showing off equipment to each other and taking pictures. When we came back to the base it could have been an issue because technically we werent wearing the correct uniform, but thankfully no one said anything. It was a really special experience. I still have the pieces we traded saved as part of my memories collection.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
  5. tanguerra

Lennon & Ono.

6. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

Season's Greetings to all, truly. I was thinking recently how beautiful the concept of it is, whether you believe in the specifics of it or not. (And yes, I know the over-commercialization can be annoying but I'll try not to grouse about it here.) It really is one of humankind's better ideas.

And it occurred to me that as I've gotten older, it's a constant in my life. The people - my loved ones - have changed, my home has changed many times, and the traditions have changed, for example, we've become vegetarians. Still, it's a huge comforting event to look forward to, as if it's an entity that has its own life.

I hope everyone can find the joy you all deserve.