Seeing faces of clients? What is it?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by NaturalHealer, Jan 27, 2010.

1. NaturalHealer

NaturalHealer New Member

Hi all,

New here. Love the site, lots of good reading with like minded people. Little about me, Im a 31 year old Licensed Massage Therapist located in WV. Oh yeah, I am a male, if its not obvious.

Heres my question. When I was in massage school I had an instructor who was also a Hypnotherapist, with training in past life regression, etc. One day in class we decided to do some experimenting with past lives. I think that day only 5 students were present.First we did some light meditation to become relaxed. Then one by one we would stand up against a wall and the instructor and the students would stare at whoever was against the wall. We rotated so to speak. We would wait to see if the persons face and body would change. It worked is all I can say. By far the strangest thing that I can recall. So my question is: what is that called? I have looked around on google to no avail. Does the "face/body morphing" thing have a specific name.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Naturalhealer,

You might want to check into the book The Holographic Universe by Micheal Talbot. There is a thread titled Past Lives and Holographic projections that you also might find of interest. Does this help?

3. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello and welcome, NaturalHealer. :)

Thanks for sharing that interesting experience. I was thinking the same thing as Deborah. Some people can sometimes see holographic images of people's past life personas "on" them. I have personally experienced this only while meditating (seeing a person's face changing from one to another, sort of).

I hope you enjoy this space! :thumbsup:

Karoliina

4. NaturalHealer

NaturalHealer New Member

Yeah, it was certainly interesting. Im glad I was able to convey into words what I was trying to describe. It was a lot harder then I would have thought! I'll have to check the links out later as I have to get ready for work shortly... but...

Let me share one of the more interesting "episodes". A female student (who I became really good friends with, thats another story) stood against the wall. I'll call her Jen. After a few minutes of staring at her I started to see a "slave girl" sort of look. Clothes tattered, holes in them. Keep in mind we wore dark colored scrubs in class. Her shirt appeared to be white and peasant like, albeit really stained and such. Her face had dirt and her hair a mess. Then the next face that appeared was slightly more weathered. Her clothes turned more towards "jungle-esque". Think Tarzan. Her hair slightly matted. The next face I saw was... for lack of a better term, god-like. Very Angelic, pure white clothing. I could see what appeared to be pure white light coming down onto her from the ceiling.... at that point I think my mind was overloaded and I don't remember much more of her faces.

Some facts: "The white light from the ceiling".. I have no doubts about this. The room was nearly dark, lit by only a couple of wall sconces. No windows to let light in.

"The jungle/tarzan look". Funny thing, as soon as I could get a visual on this look.. and realizing that it was something along the lines of Tarzan, my instructor who was setting beside of me, said out loud, Native American!

Now, I never said a word. I was just totally shocked. And when you think about it, a Jungle look and an Indian look are pretty similar. Different culture.. but mighty close. I guess it was how our minds interpreted the images.

When it was my turn to stand agaisnt the wall, I was told that my face kept changing. Changing to fast to keep up. The instructor seemed really confused about this. But evidently I have always had facial hair of some kind, just like now.

Sorry I rambled on, but I will NEVER be convinced that what I saw was anything but, what WE saw.

5. NaturalHealer

NaturalHealer New Member

This is pretty much hitting the nail on the head. What is described in that thread is as close as a description as you can get. I wasn't sure if it had a specific name. All I can say about it is WOW! Its an experience that is unlike any other that I have ever had.

If I had been the only person to see the "hologram" then I could chuck it up to my imagination. When two people see images that are pretty similar too each other, then thats an entirely different game altogether.

I would definitely like to explore this some more.

6. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

This is an interesting thread Naturalhealer. I have thought about it a time or two myself. Several years ago when I was discovering reincarnation I went to a doctor/therapist who took me through regression. In one life I saw my death at the hands of a drunken soldier. As I lay on the ground bleeding to death the doctor ask me what I saw. I described the rustic village with hut like structures. In front of one of them were three woman watching in terror. She asked me who they were. I saw them as three women I know in this life. What is strange was that they looked different physically, it wasn't their faces "of now" I was seeing, I just somehow knew or could see their soulful identity. The clarity of WHO they were was of no doubt to me. How I saw this, how I knew, has always intrigued me. I will have to move The Holographic Universe up in my reading list. But what I believe, in an uncertain way, is that our souls "see" things in a different way. It's perceptions and vantage points are, and always will be, clouded in our mortal/carnal human form. We see them, we recognize them, we have feelings and intuitions, all products of our spiritual and soulful entity, but our ability to explain these thoughts and insights has no basis in our bio-based logic. Now that I'm aware of this ability to "see" I no longer fret over a familiar face that I "just can't place." Instead I marvel at the wonder of it or them.

Welcome to our forum, I look forward to more of this discussion.

Tinkerman

7. NaturalHealer

NaturalHealer New Member

Speaking of regression therapist, my instructor had offered to do a private session with me if I was interested. She offered once maybe twice. She was never pushy. One part of me wishes I would have taken her up on the offer. The other dominating part of me is/was scared to know the truth. I think to give ourselves up to a Hypnotherapist is a matter of confronting our fears and secrets. Not that I don't trust this person.. I just have... "issues" :rolleyes: I have lots of fears and thoughts that I keep to myself, I don't even mention to my spouse. The worst part is that im OCD. I have so many irrational fears and irrational thoughts that it is mentally tiring. I have thoughts that I can't even tell my wife, let alone the thoughts coming out accidentally in a therapy session. Once again, I trust the therapist, I don't trust me!

So..... moving along. I am interested in Hypnotherapy. I have signed up for some classes and have learned a good bit about it.

Back to the original topic. The best part about the "holograms" was that we were all wide eyed and totally conscious. Every time I think about it, it makes we wonder.

8. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

Hello NaturalHealer and welcome. :)

I'm not going to try to convince you to do something that you are not comfortable doing. What I will say is that hypnotherapy can be very helpful in releasing those "issues" you are refering to. It can help you untie those knots, so to speak. If you are not comfortable working with a therapist, perhaps you mind consider doing a self regression or meditation exercise.

9. NaturalHealer

NaturalHealer New Member

I use to frequently meditate. Since I have picked up some extra work (gotta pay those bills) I have let myself go. I feel like I want to meditate... but getting started, being in the right frame of mind... the list goes on :rolleyes:

I am curious about self regression. How does one begin the process? I will admit I am ignorant about that topic.

10. NaturalHealer

NaturalHealer New Member

Oh I feel like a fool. I have a regression cd :cool I think I need to give it a spin... its been forever.