• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Seeking other Romans

P

peach

I'm interested in those of you who were Roman. I was the daughter of a Senator. I spent a dreadful year in Egypt as a Roman citizen and I am still terrified of Egypt. Fourtunatly, I have been able to see Rome in this life. But I saw Rome at it's zenith, and I miss it dearly. I have very fond memories of Rome and wish to get a little nostalgic.

Hi Peach,

I remember a past life as a young boy in Rome, I worked at the coliseum and did errands for the Gladiators. I didn't live very long -probably until I was about 16. I was terrified of those Gladiators!!!!!

------------------
Love and Light,
Deborah

The soul's Center...is God.

HI,

More questions; Do you remember any names? Even a first name for you or your father?Or maybe any specific political circumstances? I am really very interested in your memories.

------------------
Love and Light,
Deborah

The soul's Center...is God.

Do you remember during what time period in Roman history that you lived? I lived a few times during these times, but in the most prominent life I was a young Roman General bye the name of Octavian who fought alongside General Germanicus and I later became Caesar Augustus(which I have recently found out). I had I believe 3 more in and around the Roman Empire. In one I was a farmer in Hispania(Spain) who was deeply in love with his wife(who is supposed to again be my wife in this life). Another I was a slave that was given my freedom and I turned into a famous gladiator(didn't seem to fight on a full time basis like the rest of the gladiators) with riches abound. The 4th one I remember I was not part of the Roman Empire, but a top elder in an outlying tribe. We had contact with the Romans, but surprisingly they did not attemt to conquer us.

Hi , I too was a Roman soldier I died about 70 AD.I was part of the fortification occupying Judea at a very tumultuous time in History.My name was Thaddeus and I was a christian sympathizer. I was secretly in love with a phillistine woman with whom I had a child named Seth.I was killed for my sympathies whenfound out by fellow soldiers. I lived in Rome as a member of a very Patrician family with a long line of military males.I was a Pagan before arriving in Judea.
Jeanne

I don't remember much in the way of dates, names, and the like. I'm very new to this, as I never studied reincarnation before. But I have found my husband from Rome. He was apparently a military man of sorts. We were around before Julius in the height of the true Republic of Rome. BTW: It is the greatest pleasure to be able to meet with a "blast from the past". I hope all of you have had the joy of meeting old friends from former lives. He was the one to call back all of these memories and get me to look deeper into reincarnation. We've been through two lives together as a married couple that we remember. No, he's not my husband now. We must be "taking a break". LOL. We don't have that kind of relationship. We are twenty years apart in age, so we have got to have some considerable connection to even have anything in common here on Earth. As for Eygpt, I remember being appalled at the barbaric, irrational obsession with the dead. All day and night, nothing but working for the dead. The cultures were so different, and I was a rather haughty, nationalistic Roman, looking down my nose at all the "barbarions". That probably had more to do with it than anything. Apparently, I also hated being there, and witnessed some sort of bone chilling mystisism associated with Eygpt that was a 180 difference in Rome. Gladiator fights never phased me. Odd isn't it. I remember Rome as my best life. I unconsiouslly compare the U.S. to it more often than I realize. Maybe that's why I chose to be here in this Republic. I'll share this with you even if it's a little off the topic. This is my first modern life, and I feel like a fish out of water longing for the old ways. I may have been around in early America. I'm almost sure that I am an old soul. I'm not sure why I came back this go-round. Maybe I wanted to be there when it all panned out. I feel so old sometimes, rather jaded. Well, I'm just sitting up here running my mouth now. Thanks for resonding to my post!

All that and I didn't answer your questions Deborah! I have yet to have clear memories as in visions, dreams, or such. I remeber a little every each time my friend and I can schedule it in our present lives to have a talk about it. I remeber Eygpt in connection with Rome. Maybe I'll get a little better at this and can give out names and dates.

Hello everyone!

I don't have absolutely any pastlife memories, or (I thought) connections to the Roman times. But a few months ago when I was talkign with someone about birthmarks, I found out that apparently white birthmarks were associated with people who were "fed" to the lions.

I have a reasonably sized white birthmark on my side, can anyone tell me more about this, and whether it is actually a connection to those who were persecuted in Rome? I'd greatly appreciate any information you could give me. Kuka

I believe I was a farmer in Britain either around the time of Claudius I's conquest in A.D. 43, or in the Dark Ages.

------------------
The Princess Bride

I guess I'm the odd ball out here.

I've been told that I have lived in ancient Egypt, Classical Greece, Late 12th/Early 13th century England, 16th century Siam, etc. But never Rome.

I had a dream where I was named Livia Diana Tarquinia at the time of the Roman conquest of Ionia and was daughter of Roman merchants in Ephesus.I was unhappy of my Roman identity and fled my house to become a priestess of Artemis.

In another life in the 1st century BC I was
the daughter of a Roman officer and a Lykastian Amazon princess, but lived in my mother's village, grew up as an Amazon warrior princess and led a rebellion against the Roman invadors before being captured and executed on the cross...that past life had been like a true greco-roman tragedy...

Now the US just make me think of Rome with their policies...
History ever repears itself!

Two weeks ago, I went to a healer and spontaneously I started to have last life memories.
One of them was Roman because I recognised the architecture. (Some buildings resemled things I have seen in the Gladiator but I don't know how historic accurate that is or whether my memories were triggered by it) I I was climbing a stair caise and there were soldiers around me. Next I was in a building and a very richly dressed lady walked towards me.
But that's all... I don't know who I was...

My other memories during that healing were all very focussed on architecure as well.

Love
Brueghel

------------------

Hey Deborah,
I didn't know that you were at the coliseum.
I recall one life where I was a boy, probably fourteen/fifteen, dark hair, short and curly, olive skin, short tunic. I took care of the animals (I HELPED take care of the animals-can't get it out of my system even now) Feeding, carrying water buckets, being taunted by the lion master. I used to curry the horses and I remember a pair of black horses fondly.
I also remember walking along a staircase that curved down the outside of a building, there was a tiny window with some bars in it. I looked in and there were these people inside that I couldn't understand because they talked funny. (I think they may have been Christians.) I remember one particular young woman with beautiful eyes who as a fifteen year old, I was immediately smitten with. However i later learned that she was killed with the others during the games.
I don't think that I ever saw the games as I was with the animals all the time.
I was killed by two drunken Roman soldiers who were making a lot of noise around my favorite horses and scaring them. I yelled at the soldiers and one picked up a rock and bashed my head in.
Not much excitement there.
catseye

I was in Roma for about 3 or so lifetimes. Each time I was Centurion level and one friend says that I was a baker once. Don't recall that at all. I left Roman life after Christ. Never saw any of the Gladitorial games. Don't think I would like that much.

What I do remember the most and like was the parties and the sexual atmosphere. Life was great as a Centurion. All the women and men wanted you. Yes, the U.S. is a lot like Rome except Americans are a bunch of prudes.

Now this will sound weird, I get flashbacks to Rome whenever I listen to a Madonna song. It's one of the newer ones where she sings something about "And I feel like I just got home" It could be called ray of light? Anyway, it's not the lyrics but the sound of her voice and the rhythm of the music. It makes me think of a concert with lots of people milling about dancing and a few are doing other things. There is lots of lights, food, alcohol, and I think some kind of drug or something that makes one feel very....geez, I barely explain it, euphoric? The more I think about it, it might have been a night club of some sorts.

We are all dressed in very light weight clothing. As a matter of fact, all I am wearing is a tunica, which is basically a fine linen short shirt. Not a place for people who are uncomfortable in seeing body parts exposed. It was a very fun and relaxed atmosphere. I kinda like just thinking about it.

I am a little unsure about talking too much more about the sexual stuff, I don't want the moderators to put a big rated X on my posting.

Rittmeister

From dreams, I remember that the old Rostra in the time of the Old Republic, was in a place which no history book mentions, where Julius Caesar built a temple to himself.

Also, there was an open and grassed, public space where the Courts were built in a latter time. Small birds used to come from all over the city just before dark, to nest for the night in the trees.

It was an amazing city, it used to be home.

I was an Armenian stonecutter who became an indentured servant in Rome under the name Marcus Livius. That was, as far as I know, my first life, and it was rather unremarkable and quite full of stress and anger. I think this was around the 2nd century AD...

--N.

LOL I am new here, so I am puting up threads like crazy So I applogise for so many questions, but I am just so curious!

Has anyone else out there have any past-life connections with Hardrian and/or Antinous?

Recently I started figuring out my past Romen life. I went over my memories of faces and events, did tons of research, and found perfect matches. I got butterfies and a calm peace in my soul when I first reconized the faces and then matched the stories. I never would have guessed I was Antinous! I still keep an open mind to thise life as well as my many others, as I could always be wrong. But the facts, timeline ad faces match so perfectly I know I found my truth.

What the main post mentioned about feel really close to the facts in the research I've done. You should look up Hadrian and Antinous on google and read up on the history. You might find similarities with your memories and maybe find answers.

I was a Roman. : angel My name was something like Lyceus and I know I had about 3 children. We studied the Romans in school when I was 8 and I was captivated. In dreams I discovered I died at the eruption of Vesuvius in 79AD. Everytime it's mentioned or I see a documentary/re-enactment about it, my stomach churns even after 2000 odd years...

I was Roman, but I lived in the republic at the time of the Punic Wars. It seems that many people who lived in Rome lived in the empire, which I guess makes more sense because the empire was so much bigger and had so many more people.

Many people I know now, I knew in that life too--my parents, my best friend, my cousin, and some former friends. I don't know much at this point, except that I was a dark-haired woman (I'm a man now). I've always loved all things Roman. I taught myself Roman numerals at 5 (and thus was the only kid who knew when old cartoons were made), loved the Asterix cartoons and even had trouble thinking of the Romans as the villains (which they were in that cartoon), and learned Spanish (modern Latin--it's the Romance language with the most speakers, and Spanish speakers and Italian speakers can understand each other) in middle and high school. I've been reading a lot about Roman history lately and I love it.

I have no memories and I haven't had any specific dreams which would lead me to a specific life during the Roman era, but I do have a strong sense of attachment to the Roman Republic shortly before its fall and feel as though I was there, along with my present fiancee. While I believe I lived a life during that time, the lack of memories or dreams detailing events of that life probably indicates that I don't presently have any issues relating to that time that need dealt with.

An excellent historical fiction series set during this period focusing on Marius, Sulla, and Caesar, that I would recommend to EVERYONE, is Colleen McCullugh's "First Man in Rome" series. Incredible. The HBO miniseries is also excellent.

I was a Military leader...

Hi,

I'm new here. When I found this thread I had to register. I have never had any memories or dreams about my past lives, but I had brief readings from different people and they all told me the same thing.

Apparently I was a Roman Military General\Leader during Jesus Christ's time. I had control and power over a lot of people, maybe a huge army...I'm not sure. I'd like to know more, but I'm somewhat afraid to know what I could have done during that time. I don't know how I would feel if I knew I was responsible for thousands of people's deaths during the Roman times, but then again I could of been a great military leader that gave Rome freedom.

I have no type of connection with the military during my current life, but I do posses "military" personality traits. A lot of my family, friends, and co-workers have told me I have a "militant" personality or that I'm too militant. Perhaps I have bought over some of my past life traits with me to this life time.

Any thoughts???

Welcome, Military! It could be that you were a Roman general, but it's hard to say if you don't have any memories of your own. If you're meant to remember, you will probably remember, and if not, then not...

Personality traits from past lives sometimes carry over, maybe that was the case for you, too.

I'm sorry for writing only such a short post, but it's time to go to sleep over here, and I'm really tired. But I wanted to welcome you - have a look around, and if you want to ask questions or share memories (when you finally have them), feel free to do so!

Hello Military and welcome to the forum! :)

It's possible the readings are correct - if several have come to the same conclusion. If you decide wanting to learn more, take a look at our FAQ section for information on how to learn about your past lives. And yes, sometimes we carry traits and features from past lives.

Karoliina

Hi there,

Welcome Military. :thumbsup: Apparently I also was a Roman soldier in the days of Jesus. This may seem too far fetched, but during a meditation I did see myself trying to warn Yeshua that he was running the risk of being arrested, but his reaction was kind of like "I know, but don't concern yourself over this" - and apparently I may have been present at the crucifixion. :(

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I believe I was a Roman soldier around that time, too. A pretty popular choice, eh? :laugh:

Karoliina

Hi Karoliina,

I sincerely believe that most encounters that carry some importance in current lives are with people whom we have a history of connections with in past lives... I know this is the case with Deborah and me. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome all... :thumbsup:

Why does it seem that a lot of people were Romans?

I also forgot to mention that although I have no dreams or memories of my past lives, my most current one being a Roman General\Leader. I have been recently drawn to acient Greece and Greek Mythology, a little over a year ago. This interest has come to me out of the blue. :confused: Any connection to my Roman life? Don't know...Any experts have any suggestions.

BTW...I'm m/32

Back