self-regression

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by mysticityy, Nov 9, 2010.

1. mysticityy

mysticityy New Member

Last year, when I happened to know first about past life regression, I really got curious and wanted to know what my past life was like, I tried a self-regression audio, but I did not get any substantial images except sceneries, greeneries, water bodies, etc. By the fifth or sixth time, I got a vivid image that was just shaking very little representing a mentally retarded girl of about 14 resembling me, I could not make the year or civilization the girl represented except that I felt closely connected and felt like I needed to cry and reach out and help the girl. After this I did not get anything worthy after many tries, may be I had tried too often or at the wrong time, but I am unable to get out of the experience still. Could anyone explain the significance of this memory or is this a valid past life memory at all? Please could anyone explain???

2. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

Hello mysticityy and welcome to the forum.

These are just my thoughts on your questions because I don't have any absolute answers.

I don't think that anyone could tell you with certainty that your memory is a valid past life memory. The validation is something that will have to come from within you and that is the way it should be. Trust that the answers will come to you in time and be patient.

About forty years ago now, I read something that has stuck with me and I have found it to be kind of true for me:

When you want it, you can't have it;

when you no longer want it, you can have it.

I have wondered if that means that, by wanting the answer too much, you are blocking the channel whereby you could be "receiving" the understanding. I believe that having a quiet mind is key to understanding yourself.

Learn to be patient and wait for answers to your questions and while you are waiting, ask other different questions. Spend the time between answers living as satisfying a life that you can. The answers to your questions may someday appear as a knowing or understanding that was there all the time but you were not ready to integrate that into your life.

3. liberty

liberty New Member

Thank you stardis, that helps me too. And hello mysticityy!!

4. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Hi Mysticityy and Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Now Mysticityy, something that I do personally whenever I receive any info that might be past life related is that I put it on the shelf so to speak. Then wait for further revelations to either verify or disprove the info of what came to me. The thing is having the patience to wait which can take forever it seems. Personally I have quite abit of info on the shelf so to speak and maybe oneday hopefully I will get some answers. Wishing You the Best!

5. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

One thing that I have learned is that you won't get anything unless you are really ready for it and the info is needed somehow.

Hope that makes sense!

6. Lotus Rain

Lotus Rain Future PLR Therapist

I grew up in New Mexico and Colorado, but now I li
    I think it could easily have been you in a past life, or maybe someone you were close to then. Just try not to force memories. Try to just relax and let them come to you. I am a fan of self-regression, and I have done it on myself as well as recommended it to friends, but sometimes it is good to have someone work with you, that way they can guide you and ask questions. But if you don't have anyone to do that, self-regression is fine. Also, I have tried telling myself before going to sleep that I'm going to dream about a certain past life, and it worked very well. Maybe you could try this. Just remember to write everything down right after waking, as dreams are easily forgotten. ;)