Sending messages from one incarnation to another

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jody, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

I related a story under "Random Memories" thread where I described the following memory I've had since I was around 13:

I was walking back from the (Masonic?) lodge with my friend, who was a man in his twenties dressed in the style of the 18th century (as was I). The topic of the lodge happened to have been about reincarnation, and we were joking around and he elbowed me in the ribs and said something like, "What about you, do you believe in any of that reincarnation business?" and I said, "I don't know, but if there is such a thing may I remember this conversation in some future life!"

Alexnovo was wondering if anyone else remembers, either jokingly or seriously, trying to send themself a message from a prior life?

2. Alexnovo

Alexnovo Senior Registered

Thanks for starting this thread. I for one have no such memory but after reading your post, did decide to do an experiment - I said hello to my future self and reapeated it several times saying, some day, in some future life, you will remember this. Who knows, someday in the future I might be able to complete the experiment. :)

3. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

That would be very cool if it happened. I don't have any memories of such a thing, but that would be neat if I did. :laugh:

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

This is something I did, although I only remember a conversation I had with my daughter about it.

I told her, the last time I saw her, that I probably wouldn't see her again in this life. However, I would look for her in another life and I told her how I would identify myself so that she'd know it was me.

Phoenix

5. Zengirl

Zengirl New Member

Hmmm.....if all Time is a 'constant NOW' then all your lifetimes are being lived concurrently aren't they? Meaning, everything you say and do now affects them anyway so it's like a message.

However, I did do a home regression a few years ago using an audio tape. I'd gotten names, dates and location of who I was in my pastlife and was getting up to find my Atlas to see where Clarksville, Ohio was. Suddenly I heard the man's voice that I USED TO BE in that pastlife and he spoke into my ear: "It's near Dayton!" I jumped a mile and my heart was racing. How could "I" have talked to myself??? :confused:

That pointed out that when we go back to revisit a past lifetime, 'they' are also aware of us and are equally interested in who WE are. It's a two-way conduit. Then it happened again when I went back to a bibilical lifetime. That person came forward later to see who "I" was and to see if I'd made any improvements in OUR personality and to see how WE were doing?!!! So people, we are entering a very OPEN time-zone when we visit our pastlives and don't be surprised if it happens someday to you. :eek:

~Zengirl

6. Florence

Florence Senior Registered

Zengirl....That is wild!! I think I would be completely startled with a pounding heart as well.

I have often read that all of our lives are being lived at the same time....but it's hard to get your mind around. It's said that when you make a change in the present...it makes a change in the past.

Hi Phoenix,

I know that if a person has a very strong emotional link with another soul....they will meet again.

What I don't know is how you were able to recognize your daughter in this life and how you will know it's her in your next life...

I surely hope it comes to pass as there are several people I myself want to meet again...I just don't know if I'll recognize them. There are people in this life that I know I knew in another life...I just don't know in what capacity and they don't remember either.....

7. serendipity

serendipity New Member

Remembering each other

I was hoping this subject would come up! Yes, I did this experiment with a friend. When we met this LT both of us about the same time said we knew one another and actually discussed where it was from. We had met on a merchant sailing ship during the 16 or 1700's and were good pals back then. That is all we talked about, was where and how. He was the cook on this ship and I remembered him perfectly just the way he was this LT. The best part was we compared some things we both knew about that time and I asked him what was that tower we went into that time in a port in Wales? It was a tall round silo looking thing. He knew what I meant, and said he still never figured it out. And at that early time, we had said the same things - what is this? What was it used for? It was a question still not resolved.

Anyway, at that earlier time, he had taken it on himself to watch over me. I was a female stowaway, following my brother who did not know I was hiding on the ship. No idea what I thought was going to happen once I was discovered. And of course it was not good - will leave that part out.

A group of shipmates had stolen some things while we were in a port, and anyone involved, including those who knew about it and didn't tell, were sold at the next port to someone who had a harem. They would castrate the guys and have them protect the harem women. Anything done wrong and the guy would lose his head next. I ended up in the harem myself once discovered, and do recall that there were many other girls from all over the world, all colors, speaking all languages. Those guys must have liked a nice selection.

Upon meeting him again this LT, my friend told me he was recently injured in a fight and had to be surgically castrated at age 50. Interesting how that happened again? He also had developed terminal cancer in that area. We talked about death and he was ready for it, but wasn't sure what to do next. I told him he was welcome into my family when he came back. We even shook on it. He moved away and I never saw him again.

About a year after he moved away, I felt his presence. I didn't know he had died and called his parents to ask how he was doing - they told me he had passed away a few months earlier.

Then a girlfriend had a baby. I saw her with the baby a few days later, and that baby was him! I knew it, without a doubt in the world. I happened to have a couple really cool things that belonged to him before, and gave them to the parents as a gift to their new son. They didn't even question it.

Now he is almost 5 years old, and when we get together he looks at me so funny. I have never said a word about what I think, as I don't know how his parents would take it. But I noticed his mom tells people we have a distinct friendship, her son and me. She said she doesn't know why either, but it is good, like we are old friends or something. She was telling me how he likes to dress up and play act like on a stage.

My friend was a stage actor for years. I also have a photo of him posing in a funny way, and a photo of the 5 year old shows him posing the same funny way. I am hoping the actual recognition occurs as he grows up and we can talk about it. This time I'll be an old lady and he'll be a boy. And life goes on! I'll post anything interesting that happens at a later date.

8. Alexnovo

Serendipity, Wow what a wonderful account. It must have been a very satisfying experience to meet up again after so much time. If you don't mind me asking how did the two of you remember the prior life together? Had you had memories of this life before, or was meeting him a trigger for those memories?

Also, and this is just a small question, but have you figured out what the "silo thing" was? I do not know, but maybe a little research on Welsh ports of the time could answer the question.

9. Looking Backwards

Looking Backwards Senior Registered

Did you get a sense of where this took place? I just think in many countries back then, the subject of reincarnation would have been taboo. I could be wrong, of course. And if you were in India or another Hindu/Buddhist country, it would have been your religion, so that's possible. It's just really interesting. I wonder if you were simply re-enacting the 18th century in this past life? That would make more sense. (It would also make for a very interesting life, as a re-enactor!)

Of course, as I said, I could be wrong.

10. Justin Smith

Justin Smith New Member

Some 15 years ago, I had a dream that claimed to be of a future life. In the dream, I was female and did a past-life regression in which I recalled the life I am living now (!?!) .

This future life had many strange (and sometimes terrifying) qualities.

This is apropos of the idea of time being an enormous "now".

11. Florence

Hi Justin...

WOW what kind of dream was that!! I imagine you woke up a little stunned. You certainly have grabbed my imagination I can tell you that.

I am soo curious as to how your spirit described or showed you the future. You said that some of it had qualities that were strange and sometimes terrifying. Can you tell us more.?? I'm all ears.....ha ha correction...I'm all eyeballs...

12. Justin Smith

Justin Smith New Member

Thanks for your interest! I was the last member of a very evil (and powerful) family. My parents died when I was fairly young in a car accident that probably wasn't an accident (at some point I suspected my grandfather of being behind it --- he wanted to kill my mother and my father was collateral damage). I was left with my grandfather's very evil cohorts who wanted to kill me to take over the company --- but had to do it in a very special way.

I don't know what my name was in the dream, but have a vivid mental image of what "I looked like". Recently, I used come computer software to try to duplicate this and came up with

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

It's not a perfect likeness, but it's somewhat like my "appearance" in the dream.

13. Florence

Talk about a fast answer...grin...

That IS a terrifying dream or life. I sincerely hope that it was just an ugly nightmare.

My next thought is....if it is true...what would be the lesson to learn that you would be put in that circumstance? We are supposedly tested more than once on each quality we are supposed to develope so how do you get yourself out of that situation short of harming someone else in defending yourself.

OR......do you give up the business because material goods are not the end goal and you continue on learning other lessons.

You have really set my imagination free and I sure am rambling.....grin.....

14. Phoenix

Hi Florence.

I think you got a little confused by how i worded my posting.

It's pretty easy for me to recognize my daughter from the lifetime I referenced (when i lived between 1900 and 1945). She's quite elderly now, but she's still alive.

In 1945, I went to the place where she and her mother were. I sat on her bed and told her that I'd look for her in a future life, and told her what I'd be calling myself, so that no matter what my name was, she'd be able to know it was me.

Phoenix

15. Justin Smith

Justin Smith New Member

Giving up the business wasn't an option because of the way the corporate charter was worded --- a descendant of my grandfather had to be involved in the company's operations or it would be dissolved (so the murderers had to kill me in a way that my death wouldn't be widely known !?) This was his way of protecting his descendants.

The dream was really two dreams that ran concurrently, and I was female in both (and somehow had no trouble telling these dreams apart --- this is the only time in my life anything like this had happened).

The "other" dream took place in 16th century England and I was a young girl illegally forced to take a high position in the government and then arrested and beheaded at the age of 16.

As the two dreams ran, the time of my beheading in one coincided with the time the killers tried to kill me in the other.

Maybe this "future life" is meant to resolve issues left over from the "past" one --- since I survived.

Oh well, all this makes for interesting discussions!

16. Florence

Phoenix....you have to be a very old soul. I have read about your past life and the fact that there was always a spiritual side to your nature.

If in 1945 you could tell your daughter what your name would be in THIS life is mind boggeling.

If your soul knew that in the past then I am sure you also know when you will join her again

I am quite sure that we all have to experience every emotion and we will be put in all kinds of circumstances....good and bad... I think your choice of the name "Phoenix" is exactly right.

"rising up all new out of the ashes"

Watch you mouth when you talk about elderly....grin....I was born in Nov. 1933...

Your daughter and I are about the same age

BTW...Glad you got out of that bad neighborhood. Ha Ha

17. Florence

Justin....I both past and future lives you seem to be a victim. Are you a victim in this life? I'm asking because, as I previously spoke of, patterns repeat themselves until there is a change in consciousness.

You CAN change the future by changing the present or an attitude ...I guess it would be self worth.

Being a victim does not have to involve murder. A person can make themselves a victim in many situations just by allowing other people to take advantage of them....

I don't know if this is true.....I just have a busy mind......

18. Justin Smith

Justin Smith New Member

'victim' is a loaded word. In the past life (1500's England), my position gave me educational opportunities few other people ever had and I had a profound belief in religious martyrdom. So my circumstances suited my beliefs and purposes, in some sense.

In 1500's England many people were 'victims' in one sense or other (people burned at the stake for religious beliefs, starving or dying of disease, etc.).

In my present life, I grew up in a slum in New York City and took advantage of the wonderful libraries and other facilities (that existed even in the worst slums) to study mathematics. I built a career as a mathematics professor at a major university. As such, I don't view myself as a victim (although some, like my wife, think my life could have been easier).

As for the "future life" (if one happens) --- who knows?

19. Florence

Gosh Justin, how wonderful you are. A self made man. You don't find many of those around.

I think the hardship of your early years probably made you into a stronger person than you would have been otherwise. I guess there is a reason for everything in life. The main thing is that you overcame everything put before you.

I hope your dream WAS just a dream brought on by worry or stress and that your next life turns out to be a fun and an easy one.

Happy Easter Justin.....

20. Justin Smith

Justin Smith New Member

Thanks! Happy Easter to you!

I think my background gave me an openness to "unconventional" ideas like reincarnation. I'm the only academic I know who believes in it (except for a rocket-scientist from India --- who finds it hard to believe anyone doubts it).

21. Phoenix

I didn't know for sure. I also had to send myself a message to the future, so I'd know what to call myself so she'd know it was me.

However, after all that she's been through, and what her political views are (not much from the old days) I cannot meet up with her this time around. Unless I was willing to go for the karmic cop-out and say that I am what I am because of some sort of cosmic punishment. I don't believe that, but a lot of people tried to get me to.

My bad neighborhood is no laughing matter. I still live here, and I wear body armor full-time now. I'm in the process of educating our town's chief executive on the subject of street gangs so that something can be done about them.

Phoenix

22. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Looking Backwards --

It was a Western Country, I suppose it could have even been Colonial America though at the time I remembered it I'm sure I assumed it was England. My friend wore his hair (or his wig!) tied back. We were walking on red brick cobblestone.

I don't know how I know this, but I'm pretty sure reincarnation is actually part of the Masonic belief system. Certainly Benjamin Franklin believed in it, and I know he was a Mason.

23. Florence

Hello again Phoenix,

You know, when I kidded about getting out of the bad neighborhood....I was thinking about past lives. I didn't realize you were living in a tough neighborhood...in THIS life. Pretty frightening to feel you have to walk around with body protection.

I wish you would consider "quietly" moving to a safer location. You can't help people very much if your dead.

You fascinate me....How in the world did you figure out a way to send yourself a message to a future life.?? It's amazing

I could probably send myself a message ..but...in my new life I doubt if I would remember I did it.

I'm not too swift at remembering anything much about my past lives now!! That is the kicker.....remembering

I personally do not believe that karma is cosmic punishment. I believe that I probably had a bad temper in a past life and I brought it foreward into this one. I have worked on temper this trip so maybe next time around I won't have to deal with that. I also believe that if you have a strong emotional attachment to another soul....you will meet again....good or bad...and unless a soul has conquered a particular inclination ...it will be inclined to lean toward that path again or at least be tested again. Just my belief.....

24. Phoenix

If I leave the neighborhood, I'm useless as a police informant. My eyes, ears, camera and cell phone are needed in that neighborhood. I'm hardly the only middle-class person in town who lives in a bad neighborhood. There are quite a few of us. We belong to neighborhood associations, neighborhood planning commissions, and CrimeWatch.

We don't run away.

I wasn't 100% sure if it would work, but I decided to give it a try. That it did is due to a lot of long years of trying to remember, and finally succeeding.

Phoenix

25. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

I think a nice plot for a story would be about a civilization that did remind themselves who they were in a previous lifetime. They eventually perfected the system so that when they became of age, they could be regressed to retrieve the identifying information and then reclaim all that they had put aside in the previous life for use in the current lifetime. The twist would be for an unscrupulous member of the society to steal the identity of another and the effort by the victim to reclaim their previous life's identity. At the end of the story, the society would decide that it would be best if everyone started all over again - it would be more of an adventure starting anew each time.

I think there is probably a good reason that (most of us) can't pick up where we left off the last time.

I think that it could be done however - if it were a societal effort. But we, as a global society, are light years from that kind of cooperation and honesty.

What do you think? Would you go to the regression center on your 21st birthday, prove who you were in the past and then retrieve your many past life belongings and renew old relationships?

26. Florence

Dear Phoenix,

You stubborn girl.....grin...

I'll say prayers for your safety and also that the police finally catch up with those gangs....

Stay safe....

27. Alexnovo

Stardis, It is actually funny that you mention this, as for a time I was working on a short story with much the same theme (set in a society where at 17 everyone had a regression and received their past memories). I put it aside to come back to later as i was having some problems with the plot tension. BTW in my story, people didn't get all of their stuff back, just their memories (together with a book in which the person in each life wrote a letter to their next incarnation).

Anyway, as to such a society, I would say their would be some obvious benefits, and perhaps a few downsides). On the plus side, I think it would result people being less prejudiced and hateful of differences (if I remember a life as ______, then I am less likely to believe bad stereotypes about ______.) They would also have, at least in my fictional story, a better understanding of history and therefore be less likely to repeat some mistakes. On the downside, people might tend to be less innovative (you cannot teach old dogs new tricks kind of thing). And it would rob people of the joy (and heartbreak) of young adulthood. In short, I think it would be great, but I would say it should be done, not at 17 or 21, but at 45 or so (and no people should get their old stuff back (nor should they be branded for their old faults and/or crimes).

28. Florence

Hello Stardis

I said "I" had a busy mind....little did I know that you were busy dreaming up a whole movie on the subject of "remembering"

Would I like to go into a Center at 21 years and have all my past life memories restored?? I don't know if I would. Some of them would be OK, some of them would be miserable or sad....but from what I have read that others have posted....some of them might make this life very difficult because of past loves that are still emotionally upsetting.

Maybe we would be better off in a case like this...NOT remembering..

A benefit might be to re-discover a forgotten talent...or to see that in each life you have gained a little in your journey toward perfection or near perfection.

I don't believe that I would really want to do that. Money?? I don't much care about scrambling around trying to find lost or hidden money. I don't care now...so I doubt I would care in my next life.

I agree with you though...it's an interesting thought and there surely would be some character who would try to grab the identity of another to steal their worldy goods....We seem to be living in a ocean of greed these days....

It WOULD make a good book or movie...Start writing!! giggle...

29. Florence

Hi Stardis and Alex....

Are you two joined at the hip?? Why do I always feel like you are friends?? I think you send messages to each other....psychic connection traveling through space....

The way you express yourselves and the way your minds work...If I didn't look...I would not know who was writing....

Just my impression people...

30. Alexnovo

Florence, Who knows, maybe Stardis and I were brothers (or sisters) in a prior life! :D