Should I write a warning note when I am not sure if my information is true?

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Guidelines' started by Peace of mind, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Peace of mind

Peace of mind Senior Member

I made a thread of its own for this question, because nobody answered on another thread.

I have heard that in usa they have a written warning on microwave oven: Not suitable for drying living animals.

Should we now start using warnings on the forum when we are not talking from our own experience. Something like this:
    "In one of my previous lives I haunted and punished in cruel way people who didn't have the same belief system as I did. Because of that I don't get much joy in my. present life." Warning! (My belief, but not verified) (Not yet my belief, but interesting point of view I read somewhere) (My vision, dream but I don't know if I want to belive it) (Past life regression, but I doubt if that was my past life at all).

Personally I accept teaching on this forum. If not, then people gather here telling their dreams and visions, but nobody dares to give explanations.

Eva1942 and Jim78 like this.
  2. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

Hi Peace of mind.

Personally I always try to convey whether the content of my posts come from personal experience or come from other sources, yet I hear exactly what your saying brother.

I've also read posts that nearly claim, surreptitiously, to be an authority on aspects of soul and reincarnation experience with no citations or acknowledgment that they are subjective, personal experience.

This didn't used to happen here. IMO in the past the Mods could be militant about posts to the point of ridiculousness and, conversly, to the point where wrongfooted posting was let slide because 'we are all accepting here'. Two sides of the coin. Yet its necessary to be strict on the guidelines in order to maintain a forum IMO so I accept Mods decisions I don't agree with for the sake of the forum, KenJ, God rest him, showed me that.

For some reason moderation has been lax lately IMO. That's dangerous on impressionable new members seeking truth etc...as illustrated in the LGBTQ thread.

You have my support in your topic anyway man....

Klaud and tanker like this.
  3. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

IMO its all about your own honesty and integrity In my case I'm always very careful to point out that any particular thing I'm talking about falls into specific categories including.. this is a clear memory...... this is a disjoined memory ... this is a scattered memory... this is a vague memory... I'm not sure if this memory is from one incarnation or combination of more than one...this is a combination of scattered and vague memories and what I feel happened to give context to what I'm talking about... and on and on... IMO it's important to be very clear about how you you report and write about your past incarnation memories... so everyone understands where you are coming from... as I have said different to most I do not have long detailed and in depth past incarnation memories ... a lot of it comes from my spiritual self BB educations during his incarnations into Ancient Egypt.. educations memories are very different to memories of specific events.....education memories are very important to me .... I talk about many things never know about before... which I know and understand gives many if not most doubts about what I talk about.. That is of no concern to me .. I have no need for confirmation about my memories either from people or history... when you know your past incarnation memories are real and true and you are honest with yourself of how they came about and list as I have listed above how they came about and fully acknowledge to yourself what input you have had in reporting your memories and say so in your post then everything should be fine IMO if you are not very disciplined in your reporting you past incarnation memories.. using your own input from your research and so on becomes a major factor on how you report your memories then you become a bit of a fake..... IMO the closer to history a memory is ... most times the more input by an individual because history especially before film and video was very much seen through the eyes and imaginations of those who wrote it.. many who where never there when the events happened.. I know this for a fact by comparing my memories of Ancient Egypt to what is written and reported by the so called experts in Ancient Egypt

4. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

Hi Tanker.

Yup I agree. I'm rebellious by nature, opinionated etc. I don't like being censored etc...but I also understand the need for a 'chain of command' as I'm sure you do. In other lives our lives sometimes depended on it.

My spiritual journey of the last six and a half years has been the most traumatic eye opening experience of my life. No one can guarantee that members coming here seeking truth and only getting so-called 'facts' aren't as deeply wounded by their journey as I was.

That's the main reason why I post IMO in many of my posts. Because to present myself as an authority or an expert would not be the truth and could be potentially very dangerous to impressionable members with no one else to talk to.

I invoked KenJs memory because, to me, he pretty much played the role of the boards diplomat. As you say, he was about reason and common sense yet he was also about seeking his own truth and never conveyed his thoughts as facts.

tanker likes this.
  5. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Yes, Jim, I for one will never forget KenJ and his wise words. He was one of the few people I could have a discussion with and know that he would always show me respect even if his view might differ. And so I felt able to say a lot more to him than I would ever do openly on this forum. And I felt privileged to learn from his mature wisdom. He was one in a million and I miss him.

Klaud, Eva1942 and Jim78 like this.
  6. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

Me neither Tanker. I won't forget him. Also his graciousness in confronting his own mortality was very impressive. How one confronts death really tells you the mark of a man IMO.

I come across his posts browsing here and feel a sadness but I also think its great that his words endure.

I would recommend any new members to search for his profile and read his words.

Eva1942 and tanker like this.
  7. Peace of mind

The very people, moderators, who should answer, are sleeping past my question..

We have heavy teaching on the forum, of how the spiritual side of the world order works. As I said, it is ok for me. That is how I can learn something new. If I am weary of some opinion, I just skip that answer, which may be a long one, by the way.

Ocean, tanker, Eva1942 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

I agree Tanker but as Peace Of Mind indicates the mods silence on the matter implies that they don't agree.

9. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

The moderators are all volunteers and from around the world. Their job is to make sure this is a safe place for people to have conversations about reincarnation. They are not required to reply to anyone. If rules are broken or the conversations swerve off topic or become harassing toward other members they have been requested to pull the thread for Administrative and moderation review. We work as a TEAM and decide whether to take action or return the thread to the forum.

This is a PRIVATE FORUM OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. It is a privilege to be a member - not a right.

For clear and grounded information go to this thread for further information. LINK TO THE BEST SITES FOR INFORMATION.

We hope you enjoy the space, stay on topic and respect one another. Members to - are from around the world.

10. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

IMO a lot of BS has been talked about on this thread... I remember the days when moderators pulled posts for what I could see were through there personnel beliefs and standards ... One of mine was pulled because it was" to bloody" the memory was what it was ... If you want to go back to those day fine but I also remember the anger posted by members who's posts were pulled.... if my memory serves me well Jim was one of them... There are many times my gods.. the gods of Ancient Egypt have been called heathen gods.. not true and real gods ....from my point of view that's ok anyone can have there opinion ,, but that does not change the offense I feel and I'm sure the way's I have described the Christian god at times has also caused offense... so what is the difference?.... none... Many times my pure spiritual self BB has been called a demon and not me at all... if any posts should have been pulled those should have been,.. but I understand the way things are the moderators are doing the right thing and not imposing themselves on others beliefs... ....IMO who has the right to judge any post is ridiculous or wrong?... get a life... grow up and stop the drivel .. The way thigs are.. are fine the moderator's are doing a good job

11. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Willingly, John!

There and back again likes this.
  12. Peace of mind

Thank you, at least some kind of reaction.
    It seems that Deborah could have a good career as a politician. Long post, but I don't find answer to my question.
    Let me then deduce, that silence means yes. We may (without side notes /warnings) mediate, teach and preach, whether it comes from our own or other people's research.

Happy New Year!

Jim78 likes this.
  13. Peace of mind

"Things are still being stated as fact, again and again. This is unfair not only on other members, but particularly on new members seeking truth" Said Tanker.
    That is something we can't do much about it. All truth seekers must go through confronting various beliefs. Different human natures play role here. Some will stay with convenient beliefs, some puts the pure seeking in front, and makes it a life long journey with many uncomfortable questions.

14. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

The mods aren't going to please everyone no matter what they do, and while I think things can be a little lax around here sometimes, I don't think they're being at all unreasonable with the amount of censoring they do.

When the LGBTQ thread briefly went rogue, it got cleaned up pretty quick. They're doing fine.

A disclaimer that an experience is purely subjective would probably be on the poster, and imo it should be implied.

Tinkerman likes this.
  15. Peace of mind

Purely subjective experience is the easier part of the discussion. But my main question is whether we are free to mediate other people's beliefs. If so, we shouldn't be afraid of sensorship when telling, for example, that homosexuality is a bug, or that the eternal hell exists (after the reincarnation period of course, because we are on a past life forum)

16. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thank You Klaud. :)

Peace of Mind,
    The forum is 23 years old. There are in depth threads all over the place if you do a search for the topic you wish to review, discuss, research or expand on etc.
    . NO - this is a discussion forum, where you are free to present your point of view and research as part of a discussion, but it is not your place, or anyone else's to Mediate another's faith, experiences, belief's etc. Subjective experiences are just that. For example - Tell me you're in Love with someone - can I challenge that and say "prove it?" NO - we cannot see it. That was Carl Jung's favorite explanation for the things we cannot see. Emotions, feeling, dreams, etc. So I have answered your questions, and now......please post something worthy of discussion in a section of your choice. Here are the guidelines in case you missed the thread -

Tinkerman likes this.
  17. Peace of mind

Hi,
    I took a short break from this thread, but not spiritually. Let's go on.
    I understood the word mediate in broader sense. I think many readers know from the sentences what I mean.
    To convey information may be the right word here.

18. Peace of mind

Now we are coming to the point.
    Making sense of the rules you present with the reality on the forum is worthy of discussion to me.
    I deduce that the following example lines are no nos on the forum. Because they are not my experience or research etc:
    -After death you have a recollection of all you have done to other people. (read somewhere)
    -Hey Lisa, you are not alone. I have heard of another case where your present boyfriend murdered you in your past life. Read from Reddit site.
    -No, if you had a long career as a mathematician, you will not be very good at mathematics in your next life.
    -You must have been a good musician in the past life, because you learn piano so quickly.
    -Hi Bob, I can't help you, but Arthur11 from the forum had visions of the same subject.
    -Hi Lisa, my friend has written a book "Homosexuality and past life" please check it out.
    -Hi Anne, I suggest reading Jim Tucker's book. Here is a link. You can read many reviews there as well.
    Then one questionable :
    -I don't know, but my higher self/ true self/ God has told me what the truth is. Here you are..

All above, conveying knowledge and beliefs, that is not mine at all.

19. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

@Peace of mind, in my personal opinion, there's no need to over-think all of this, making precisely-delineated analysis of such things will not resolve matters, there will always be gradations, things spread along a continuum rather than clean divisions into neat categories.

On a couple of examples you mentioned, referring to serious research such as that by Jim Tucker is fine. It is after all an evidence-based area. Also members are here to share and discuss, it would seem reasonable to mention some other forum member's experiences where they might be useful.

I'd suggest, on your own posts, relax and don't be over-anxious about such matters. If on the other hand something posted by another member causes you concern, then you could send a message to any of the current moderators, or maybe use the 'report' button.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    Tinkerman likes this.
  20. Peace of mind

After your post another mod brought here a white beard self satisfyed rabbi telling about after life. I noticed that the rabbi didn't say a word how he is presenting his opinions. He just asserted his message as a truth. So recycling "truths" through YouTube is ok without mentioning they are opinions, but same "truths" straight on to the forum is not ok?

Eva1942 likes this.
  21. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Note from moderator: the post above was copied from the thread 'Two questions on reincarnation'.
    Any discussion is allowed in this place in order to keep the original thread clean.

22. fireflydancing

I can answer this quickly: yes. You are not allowed to preach on the forum but you are allowed to use 'sources' for illustration, research, or better understanding.

As Deborah mentioned in a post above: this rule was meant to keep this forum a safe place for all kinds of members from all kinds of backgrounds.

helz_belz likes this.
  23. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

So it’s okay for people like Brian Weiss and other such “spiritual academics” to “preach” on YouTube or in books and seminars because they have degrees and doctorates in psychology or any other mind reading field, but it’s not okay for someone who has regressed and seen past life memories, healed the residue of emotional trauma and triggers through the years to share what they’ve learned on their own journey that *may* be helpful to others on this forum?

Look, I’m just curious.

Eva x

Peace of mind likes this.
  24. fireflydancing

Hi Eva,

I consider you smart enough to know exactly the difference between writing on a (private) forum and the whereabouts of random preachers in the whole wide world. ;)

When we participate in this forum, we should keep in mind that this place is visited by all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds. One of the main goals of the founder of this forum, Carol Bowman, is that all the information is also accessible to minors, not only adults. I agree with those points, so I had no problem accepting the post of moderator a few years ago. Sometimes I log in a few times a day, sometimes I am too busy with other things in life and it takes days before I come back. So I am sure there are a lot of incidents I didn't see. Luckily, we are a team of moderators, but still, we are not omnipresent as semi-gods in every discussion in every thread.

Finally, I hope I don't have to explain to an intelligent woman that I have no jurisdiction over Brian Weiss :confused: nor over any other Youtuber on the internet :rolleyes:

helz_belz and Speedwell like this.