• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Simonetta - Married to a painter for the Medici Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netta

The life which I find somehow closest, most interesting and most important to my present life was located in Florence, Italy, in the middle of 15th century, the time when the whole city was flourishing in the bloom of the renaissance. The life was happy because I had founden the deepest possible love, sad because we had to hide our affair, and too short; I died at the age of 23 because of a lethal lung infection. (In this present life of mine I do have a chronic lung inflammation, which began when I was at the age of 23...)

Of that life of mine I have some memories of my own, some details of it have been seen by other, trustworthy people, and the rest of it is just pure historical fact that I've been able to find. The information from that time is seldom specific, it's often based on a hearsay, I've been given two alternative birth dates for example, and some of the written information I just now to be false. In this present life of mine I have a dear soul friend, who lived in Florence at that time as well (our relationship was purely platonic), and the way she sees things from that time has been very similar.

My name was Simonetta, I was most likely born in Genova, and was given to be married when I was only 15. I moved to Florence. My sister of this life was my little sister in that life as well, very dear to me, but we propably never saw each other again after I moved away from Genova. She had to marry at a young age too, and moved elsewhere. My sister is in this life very drawn to Italy, same as I, but to different cities and different places.

The marriage was arranged and unhappy, with no children. I fell in love with a painter who worked occasionally for the Medici court. His father lived next door to a house of the Vespucci family, the family of my husband. I presume it was the environment where we first met. We had a deep, beautiful love affair that lasted until my premature death year 1476, at the age of 23. I've been blaimed to have had affairs with also two members of the Medici court but after my own opinion it is not true. I had been blessed with beautiful looks and they might have fancied me but that was it, I would say. We had a group of friends, kinderspirits that shared not only friendship but also the same ideologies and the esoteric way of viewing life.

After my death my beloved, the painter, who has been my companion in other lives too, never married. He lived still 34 more years, and until the very end he used me as a model in his paintings, even when I was already dead. You actually can see and feel the pain from the paintings, it is unbelievably touching. (The experience of seeing those original paintings in this life was unbelievable.) Before his death this love of my life asked to be buried "on the ground beneath my feet", and his last wish was fulfilled. We are both buried in a small parish church, situated a short distance from the centre of Florence. His grave is still there, it's only a modest sign on the ground though, mine can't be founden anymore. Although I know it's somewhere very near to him.

I have had a great possibility to spend some time in Florence researching my past life. I always get very emotional in that city, there is something incredibly touching in it and at the same time something so very familiar. I didn't need a map when walking in Florence, I always just knew where everything was, which is not typical for me at all. Some of the oldest parts of the city, for example Ponte Vecchio, the old covered bridge, built in the 14th century, was very overwhelming, many times I just unexpectably started to cry when walking over the bridge. And naturally the moment when I visited the church in which we were both buried, was very touching and almost sacred. I brought some flowers to the grave of my beloved. Italian language has been the easiest language for me to learn in this life, and yes, there is a great recemblance between me and Simonetta from the paintings; the features, the hair and most of all the eyes, the gaze.

I have been told to find my painter, my soulmate, also in this life and I'm willing to believe it is true. Actually I have a feeling that I have founden and recognised him already... We haven't met yet, he is not Finnish (I am). And yes, he looks exactly like the self portrait of the painter, and the eyes... Well, we'll see, we'll see.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Renaissance Florence

I've visited my grave in Italy. It was a beautiful experience, very touching. I lived and died (at the age of 23) as a young girl in Florence at the renaissance time. I was buried in a small church, where also my lover and soulmate wanted to be buried 34 years later. I found his name written on the ground in one chapel, mine couldn't be founden anymore. I brought him some flowers.

Netta

I died because of a lung infection, possibly tuberculosis, in renaissance Italy, in the city of Florence. Year was 1476 and I was only 23 years old. Even a family doctor of the Medici family tried to save me but nothing could be done.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread How did you die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back