• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Songs that remind you of past lives

Polaris8

Senior Registered
While listening to some music at work I came across this song that reminded me of my past (in this life) as a young man in the early 80's. While I was enjoying those happy memories it gave me it also kind of reminded me of the soul's journey of lifetimes gone by.

I know the song was not originally written for this but somehow at least for me anyway it kind of did. So, I thought I would share this with everyone here. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Polaris

MaVie

While listening to some music at work I came across this song that reminded me of my past (in this life) as a young man in the early 80's. While I was enjoying those happy memories it gave me it also kind of reminded me of the soul's journey of lifetimes gone by.

I know the song was not originally written for this but somehow at least for me anyway it kind of did. So, I thought I would share this with everyone here. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Polaris

While listening oldies music (songs), this first song combine with this picture gave strong feelings of nostalgic, déjà vu, missed something. Many people felt these feelings (elderly, young, teens), you may read in the comments section (YouTube).

This picture was a car advertisement in 1956, https://vintageadvertising.tumblr.com/post/635264850675810304/nash-travel-car-1956 However seeing this advertisement without listening these songs (especially the first song) doesn’t give feelings of nostalgic, déjà vu, missed something.
I am still searching the first song, who was the singer? Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nate king Cole, Dean Martin, Perry Como? Hope some help.

Regards,

Last edited:

helz_belz

Super Moderators
Staff member
Super Moderator

While listening oldies music (songs), this first song combine with this picture gave strong feelings of nostalgic, déjà vu, missed something. Many people felt these feelings (elderly, young, teens), you may read in the comments section (YouTube).

This picture was a car advertisement in 1956, https://vintageadvertising.tumblr.com/post/635264850675810304/nash-travel-car-1956 However seeing this advertisement without listening these songs (especially the first song) doesn’t give feelings of nostalgic, déjà vu, missed something.
I am still searching the first song, who was the singer? Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nate king Cole, Dean Martin, Perry Como? Hope some help.

Regards,

Closest I could find was this version by Dean Martin. Have been listening to that YouTube channel a lot during the pandemic too, it's definitely comforting during difficult times

Tex

Senior Registered
Glenn Miller, the late 30's and early 40's... Since I was a little kid 'til now, that music gives me goosebumps, and trigger memories. Not only music, also art. Saturday Evening Post covers by Norman Rockwell make me feel instantly at home.

Tinnos

I whistled this tune for years not knowing what it was, before finding my last past life.
That sounds like how I used to constantly get a tune in my head and not know what it was, only to find out a while ago when researching something barely related that it was this song:

Cyrus

Senior Registered
That sounds like how I used to constantly get a tune in my head and not know what it was, only to find out a while ago when researching something barely related that it was this song:

Hi, Tinnos:

Your melody has brought to my memory a girl who was a member of this forum - quite a time ago - who affirmed she had been a male and a close friend to Gavrilo Princip in her PL.

A very pathetic story, I was (and I still am) so emotioned by it...

At times I even feel somehow connected to Apis - who was killed in the outskirts of Salonica (Greece) by a secret order of then Serbian King during the WWI.

In my PL, I was born in 1915, so I discard any possibility of having collaborated with Apis in any way in my PL before the last, though I seem to have retained some very strange memories of Salonica...

Wish you all the best.

Regards.

Last edited: