• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Soul Groups/Connections (merged)

C

Cindy

Hey guys. :) I have a bit of a question, I suppose.

If someone has no memories of a past life, but feels an indescribable connection with someone they've just recently met, could it be possible that they knew each other in a past life?

I particularly feel this way with my boyfriend. I don't generally go around saying that anyone and anything is my soulmate, but I genuinely feel he is. We clicked so quickly and so perfectly. We are very in tune with each other.

I also feel a connection to my friend Rod (also a member of this forum). We have so much in common and I feel like I've been friends with him for years when really it's only been a few months. I felt like this just a few days after talking to him. This isn't a "soul mate" connection, but I feel like we've been close friends forever.

What do you think? Is it possible?

Do I think it is possible??? Can you hear the big whooping YES

Hi Cindy

You know (I'm keeping this quick, as I'm about to run out the door, so excuse me for being less than explanative). When I first met my present partner (who I've now been with for eight years), I felt an instant click. From the minute we set eyes on eachother, the attraction was immense - I would explain it more as an inner attraction though, because it wasn't anything physical that pulled on me so hard (as much as I fancied the pants off him, there was a deeper pull).

It wasn't until four years later I caught my first glimpse of a possible past life together during meditation and even in that life, we were not lovers, or family but more a student/teacher relationship - we were very loyal friends. It was only a very short flash and I have not had anything since surrounding this snippet since, but I do know we have a deeper connection that has existed over many lifetimes. I think you do know at an inner level those that you have connections with from many lifetimes (whether positive or negative) and those that are just passing souls in your lifetime. The emotional responses and feeling deep down inside oneself are normally the tell-tale sign ;)

Hi, Cindy! :)

There are kindred souls and soul mates, I'll explain a little about both.

A kindred soul is someone who, in most cases, you have shared a live with at one point (and by sharing a life, I mean a lifetime...not only as an intimate relationship). These are the people who you have a deep connection with, the ones you seem to have known forever upon first meeting them (you HAVE known them for forever, and that's why your soul reacts so strongly to seeing them again). Kindred souls are the boyfriends you have had, your mother and father, sisters, brothers, friends, etc. They can also be people you don't particularily like or even hate (it all depends on what their chart says this time around. Maybe they're supposed to be nasty to you in order for you to learn certain things). There are also the kindred souls you are close to on the Other Side, etc. In reality, each one of us probably has thousands of kindred souls.

Soul Mates are a very different and special thing. Your soul mate is "your other half", the mirror image of yourself, only in the form of the opposite sex. They know you better than all of your kindred souls put together; you are connected so incredibly deeply that its's impossible to explain. You have only one Soul Mate, and VERY rarely do they incarnate on earth with you, and the reason for that is because they empathize with you far too much (and aside from that, you two would never leave the bedroom! ;) ) You're compatible in every possible way. They're your dream man/woman, only the magic never fades like it does on earth. You really are made for eachother, not as half people (that's why I don't like the term "your other half", it implies that we're only half people...), but as a whole entity consisting of two people. I have heard of only one scenario where soul mates incarnated on earth together, and that was Jesus and Mary Magdalene, so that's not to say that it hasn't happened before throughout all of history, it's just that it VERY VERY rarely happens.

So now you're wondering if there is sex on the Other Side :) (especially if you've finally got your dream man in every sense of the word), and the answer to that is YES! Sex there is called "merging", and it starts out just the same way, only the two entities actually become one for the moment (their souls merge...like the bodies enter eachother's completely, mind and soul) and orgasms are said to last around 4 earthly hours ( time on the Other Side is very different than on earth). It's supposed to be even more powerful between soul mates. Have you ever felt that you're not able to get close enough to another person physcially no matter how hard you hold them? That's your soul remembering on a subconscious level how wonderful it is to merge with another soul, and it's absolutely frustrating that it's not able to happen on this earthly plane....There are other types of merging, for ex. you are also able to merge with another soul's mind (not sexual at all, you're just able to get inside their head, and take in all of their experiences from past lives, etc.); and you can also merge with their charts, so you actually relive their lives through their eyes, feeling all emotional pain and no phsycial pain, but learning all of their lessons. I wouldn't doubt if there was other types of merging, but that is all I know of.

Jen. :)

posted by janababy
You have only one Soul Mate, and VERY rarely do they incarnate on earth with you, and the reason for that is because they empathize with you far too much...
I have heard of only one scenario where soul mates incarnated on earth together, and that was Jesus and Mary Magdalene, so that's not to say that it hasn't happened before throughout all of history, it's just that it VERY VERY rarely happens.

Oh, I don't think that's true. Not in my opinion/belief system, at least. That would be so sad! To go through lives never meeting the one person you're meant for? How utterly depressing.

In my faith system, nearly everyone has a soulmate, and you nearly always incarnate with them. (There are, of course, exceptions to every rule, but they're rare). Whether or not things work out easily... well, that's up to the Divine Ones that control everything. But that's the goal, what you're working for, whether you realise it or not. It's just that your mind and body aren't always as quick on the uptake as your soul is, so you may meet someone who reminds you of your soulmate and pair off with them first by accident, and that's when the threads of fate start getting tangled. Of course, I think that's what makes life interesting.

I've met my soulmate in every life, excepting this one, but I'm young yet. We have to work at our relationship always, and there are always things thrown in to make it more difficult, but that just makes it so much more rewarding when we finally make it. The connection I have with him goes beyond words. We were quite literally made for each other, constructed to be compliments, and no one else in any world could fulfill either of us as well as the other does.

I'd never before heard your theory, that you're unlikely to reincarnate with your soulmate. To me, that's nearly unfathomable, but I think it's fascinating that to some it's a possibility. What sort of belief system does that stem from?

Originally posted by Cassandra
In my faith system, nearly everyone has a soulmate, and you nearly always incarnate with them. (There are, of course, exceptions to every rule, but they're rare). Whether or not things work out easily... well, that's up to the Divine Ones that control everything. But that's the goal, what you're working for, whether you realise it or not. It's just that your mind and body aren't always as quick on the uptake as your soul is, so you may meet someone who reminds you of your soulmate and pair off with them first by accident, and that's when the threads of fate start getting tangled. Of course, I think that's what makes life interesting.

I don't know if it's just my own wishful thinking, but I'd like to believe that everyone finds their soul mate in every life. But then you look at all the abused women, failed marriages, etc. and it's hard to sometimes believe in soul mates at all.

Perhaps this is where my perception of soul mates is a little fuzzy. Do soul mates always end up in a romantic relationship? Does "fate" always bring soul mates together in marriage or partnership? Even if one meets/knows/has a relationship with their soul mate, does that necessarily mean they will be lifelong partners?

I'm very interested in knowing what the belief is here. I tend to think that we always meet our soul mates, but sometimes for whatever reason we choose not to be with them or can't because timing just didn't work out.

I believe that the human mind does not always listen to the soul. We sometimes choose the convenient partner rather than the one we know is best for us. Does anyone agree?

posted by Cindy
Perhaps this is where my perception of soul mates is a little fuzzy. Do soul mates always end up in a romantic relationship? Does "fate" always bring soul mates together in marriage or partnership? Even if one meets/knows/has a relationship with their soul mate, does that necessarily mean they will be lifelong partners?

I think the opportunity is always there. Life provides you the chance to have a happy life with your soulmate. But fate sometimes intervenes. Circumstances intervene, society intervenes. Conversely, just because you marry someone doesn't mean they're your soulmate -- sometimes we get confused. That's what I believe, at least. The chance is always there, but being mortal, fallible souls, we sometimes or even often screw it up. The hope is that you won't make the same mistakes too many lives in a row, and eventually you'll be able to sort it all out correctly.

Hi, Cassandra! :)

I don't really think it's that sad that our soulmates (in my belief system) usually don't reincarnate with us, and that's because this lifetime is only like a microsecond when compared with all of the time our souls have existed and all of the time (eternity) we have left. Each lifetime is only like a weekend brake from our soulmates, so in the span of our soul lives, it's not long at all.

It would be wonderful to reincarnate with my soulmate, although I don't believe we have ever shared an earthly life (resonation is a BIG way of knowing the answer to questions, and it doesn't resonate with me at all). My husband and I have shared 49 of the 51 lives I have lived (he's had 55), and most of those lives have been in a romantic relationship. We are so amazingly connected--we read eachother's thoughts often--, but he is not my soulmate. In my belief system, soulmates are so perfectly matched that there is little or no effort to make the relationship work simply because you ARE made for eachother, and the wonderful infatuation stage we experience on earth is similar to the love we always have for our soulmates, only it's magnified by a thousand. In the infatuation stage, almost nothing made you angry at your SO, the relationship was so "perfect." Imagine having those feelings for another for all of eternity! :)

Oh, and Cindy! Just because you don't have any memories doesn't necessarily mean that you haven't had any past lives. There are some among us who are on their first lifetime on earth, but that's like 0.5% of the population. You probably have had a few. As for feeling like you know a person upon first meeting them, it's because you do, either from a past life (or lives), or from your life on the Other Side.

Jen. :)

Different Opinions

Hi Cindy

I think you will find the thread in our FAQ section on Soulmates very interesting. It also shares a closer view and opinion on how I view soulmates myself personally - which is not essentially a romantic connection in my personal opinion and also not set to just a single soul. I believe we can have many soulmates throughout our lives. I also believe we can have soulmates among our friends, lovers and family (even passing strangers on the street who help us, or put us on the right path in life when we are veering off could be a soul mate passing by but not SHARING this present life with us ;) )

With all areas of the metaphysical, everything is based on experiential reality and peoples personal views, so they will always differ and be varied (like all good thing in life), I've always said, that in the area of reincarnation, it's always best to feel your way forward ;)

Soul Groups/Connections (merged)

hello everybody,
just wondering if u could help me understand something better,

ive been wondering recently, is it possible for a soul to go through all of its journeys and to not ever connect with another soul, (by that i mean soulmate)? throughout my life, i have never felt an undeniable connection with any one, although i have been before and currently am in love, and even as a child i always felt alone, even though i was surrounded by family and friends. im not a very independant person, and if my soul has a soulmate id be happy to find them. but do u think it could be possible that a soul may be a lone soul, meant to travel through each life on their own?

:confused:

Hi Kyla,

Personally I don't think anyone's a "lone soul". The definition of a soulmate is sometimes taken to just mean a parnter to spend your life with, get married to etc., but there are many more types of soulmates out there for us. There are so many people we are connected to through soul groups/families/nations etc., that I don't think we are meant to ever walk completely alone.

We may be born into a family in this life with souls that come from a different group (have a diferent vibration than us), but that is probably expressly for the purpose of learning a lesson. I never felt connected to my family, either, but I am lucky to have connected with several people now on a soul level.

Even if members of our soul family haven't reincarnated yet, they are always with us. :D They may take the form of our spirit guides in some instances. Sometimes it can be a perfect stranger we feel an instant liking for. Keep looking and don't worry, you aren't alone...after all, something brought you here ;)

Ailish

well, Kyla, I don't think that there are really 'lone souls'. Why would there be, when one of the most important lessons that we have to learn is how to love. :)

In your post you mentioned that you haven't really had an "undeniable connection" in this life. But remember that things wont always be the way they are now, or the way they've been. People change and so do their life situations. Don't expect to be a loner forever.

Another thought is that just because you haven't found your kindred souls- yet- doesn't mean that you don't have them, or didn't have them. In your past lives you could have been surrounded by those souls, every step of the way,and then for some reason you decided to wing it, in your present incarnation. What I'm saying is that you could have chosen to be alone for a while in this life, because you needed to learn something. You know? There's a lot of possibilities.

hello again :) and thank you for your help

when thinking about my past, ive never been through any traumatic experience or the like, ive just always felt slightly detached, a little unconnected, alittle like i just didnt belong to the people who surrouded me.

despite that ive always had people about me, people who love me, and i love in turn, but ive always felt as though they just dont connect. generally ive always been happy with this, and im by no means the stereotypical loner, its just been a feeling ive lived with.

most of the time its not even a reflection of any person individually, its more a feeling within myself that im just alone, kinda like a yearning almost. but i dont really know what exactly for, it could be peace and quiet, it could be love? i dont know.

what ive come to wonder though, like rowan said, perhaps this was my souls choice, and perhaps could be regretting it? or if my soul felt it needed to learn something, maybe it could be that its okay to start a fresh but realised its not so nice in a general sense? theres so many questions, there really is an endless amount of possibilities! do you think its possible that a soul could have chosen to live without a mate? chosen to detach itself, for whatever reason? or even chosen to take a break, start a new adventure?

also, ive come to wonder, if a soul really needs a soul mate? ive always believed that falling in love in the most wondering thing in the world, but could that be a feature that belongs to each individual life time? could we be simply moving along, trying new types of love each time, like a way of learning about ourselves? is there really one assigned mate that each soul must find so they can be happy?

I don't think a soul is ever a real loner. It may choose to be so for a while, but I think all t he lessons we need to learn require interaction with other souls . So, you may go through different learning periods with souls you don't feel a soulmate connection with, but there sure is a connection, IMO !

I also think a true soulmate isn't necessarily someone we are always in close contact with. I think true soulmates give each other freedom, and even when far away from each other, or out of contact for a while, when meeting/connection again, the relation can go on like there never was a break.

Eevee

Kyla,
I know what you mean, but in my case it's a problem of this life. I learned pretty young that I can't count on people to "be there." Now that I'm not a kid anymore, I realize the problem is not with them, but with me. I have to be self-sufficient and not ask too much from others, because after just getting through their own days, they have nothing left. Nobody is ever going to understand me completely, or like every single thing about me. We all have our unlikeable moments. Part of my lesson in life is to learn to like and rely on myself instead of asking other people to give me what I don't give myself.

i agree, i mean couldnt a soul choose to be alone in this life, wanting to take a well earned break, or wanting to test if they can make it on their own. ive always felt that doing things alone was a struggle, something i always had to worry about, but ive challanged that in this life, learned that i can do those things and theres nothing to be afraid of. i didnt need anybody to learn those things, but i cant deny the people i would have admired for being braver than myself in that respect.

i dont think being a lone soul is so much about being "lonely", more being "alone" and dealing with that (even though at times the two may go in hand) learning lesson form that, and then evolving the relationships surrounding you.

To connect or not to connect

kyla, your call for help seems to me like an invitation to analysis. Now I am not trained in psychology. But in this forum, I talk about reincarnation, god, religion, knowledge, and so on, and I am not trained in any of those topics either. So lack of training won't stop me from doing analysis. :)

Your inability to connect with anyone, in my view, definitely has underlying karmic causes. It is too soon to delve into those. Here is what I read in your opening post. By your own statements, you are in love with someone you don't connect with. You also say that you are not a very independent person. When I put these two together, things don't seem right. But then, love is such a confusing emotion. Whether we like to admit it or not, love is often a matter of convenience and expediency. It doesn't have to be like that. I should know this. I was in a marriage without feeling love.

A little over a century ago, Swami Vivekananda, an Indian teacher, made it a point to remind his disciples to love without a reason. One of his Western disciples, an Irish women to boot, (Margaret Nobel a.k.a. Sister Nivedita) rendered his advice in proper English as to love without a motive. English is not my first language, but I prefer original wording, since reason has a wider connotation than motive. I think the Swami was trying to drive home the lesson that secret to seeing a deeper connection is loving without reason (or motive). It may not happen instantaneously, but it does over time. It takes time because we have to kick our habits and opportunistic tendencies to find use for everything. We attach value to something because of its usefulness. Love ought to be seen as valuable whether or not it is "useful".

As for karmic causes of this condition, it is our tendency to look after number one, to always ask, what's in it for me, or as the commercials put it our heads to induce us to buy overpriced trinkets, cosmetics and designer label clothes because "you are worth it". This is a tendency that is not easy to get over in a single lifetime. It needs to be worked on over several lifetimes.

From what I understand, most souls incarnate in groups, so they're usually surrounded by entities they've spent time with before.

However, a soul sometimes has issues to address, and time to do it in before the "group" gets together.

You may be taking advantage of a period of time between group incarnations. Perhaps your soul mate and the souls you connect with aren't due to reincarnate for another 100 years. In the meantime, there's a skill you're developing on your own, or some karma you're working off independently in the midst of "strangers". It doesn't mean you're alone - it probably means you're just getting to know the people you're with in this lifetime - expanding your love base, so to speak.

I've actually always felt the same way, in my life, so I know just exactly what you're describing. Through a series of dreams and meditations, I'm pretty certain I'm alone (even though I'm happily married with children) because I'm here to learn the lesson of "independence". I know that earlier in my lifetime I needed other people as a crutch. I was a slave to fashion for instance (I really believed it was important instead of wildly stupid!!) I had a difficult time standing up to people, or voicing an opinion other people might disapprove of. Unacceptance terrified me. I was the person who would let some terrible thing happen rather than place myself at personal risk to stop it. Averting my gaze was a way of life.

At the same time, I was cursed (so to speak) with ideas, observations, and opinions that never seemed to be in sync with "normal" peoples' opinions. For a long time, I thought that made me inferior.

Cutting to the chase, this lifetime of apartness has completely turned me around. I will say exactly what I think to anyone and let the chips fall where they may. I'm already "apart," so the thing I feared most has happened, and I have nothing to fear. Therefore, I am fearless. If something terrible is happening, I will stand there and scream bloody murder until it stops. If you disapprove, knowing what I'm attempting to stop, you lose my respect - and I place no value at all on your respect for me. And if I keep my mouth shut, it's out of prudence and wisdom rather than fear. I change things now. I view things with a critical eye and take nobody's word as the final one until I sort it out myself. I don't settle.

So you may want to explore yourself and find out what the purpose in separateness is for you. It may be the same thing as me, or it may be something totally different. But I wouldn't be afraid of it.

Hi namedujour,

Welcome to the forum! Great post, thank you for sharing! I especially liked the phrase "expanding your love base" :thumbsup:

Ailish

namedujour said:
From what I understand, most souls incarnate in groups, so they're usually surrounded by entities they've spent time with before.

However, a soul sometimes has issues to address, and time to do it in before the "group" gets together.

I would definitely agree with that. The soul group that I belonged to in my most recent incarnation ended up spread out all over the place.

It was only a few years ago, in fact, that I even started looking for them.

It's funny (strange, not ha ha) to me, that I never felt deprived of my soulmates during this incarnation-until I met them, and found out what it's like to be around soulmates of that high a level.

Now, I miss them every day.

It seems so common to run into people from a past life...

Yet, when you think of the world population, how many lifetimes we live... how is it possible? Do you tend to stick together in a little group - like a soul family or something? Friends? Former lovers? A husband in this life was a son in another - how does that happen? It seems the chances are so slim... unless there is a way to connect and go back together. I am new to this... can anyone explain?
Jen :)

My own story :

When I just had an internet connection, and found out about chatrooms, and the possibilities of making friends all over the world, I visited a few international chatrooms. I never first started talking to a person, I always let them take the first step. To my surprise, EVERY TIME someone PMed me, it was an (Asian) Indian ! So I got a lot of indian chatfriends. I thought it was somewhat odd,but didn't think much about it at first. Then later, I got clicked from people living in USA, in Holland, in Britain....all immigrated indians !!!!
For a long time I wondered why this could be, I was certainly not looking for indians, I never made first contact, and I didn't visit specific indian chatrooms.
About a year ago, I got a mail from a friend who has some phychic abilities (I had told her a while before about this odd happening), and she asked me if I had memories of a life as an underground worker helping black slaves escape. She had received this information from her guide, that many of those slaves were reincarnated as indians now, and through this connection, the online friendships established in the present life.
Well, I DO have some memories of being the daughter of a plantation owner, and that I loved to play with the black kids, but my father forbid me, and I thought : when I grow up, I will talk and have contact with the blacks as much as I want'. I only have this childhood memory from that lifetime, but, regarding my attitude as a child, it could well have been that later in that life I became a member of the underground organisation.
BTW, I didn't tell my friend about that memory before she gave me the information she received from her guide.
So yes, I think it is quite possible that even through the internet, people get together again to renew old relations.

Eevee

Hiya Jen :)

I absolutely believe in soul connections and have met several members of my soul group in my current life. Members of the same soul group operate on the same vibrational level. I think that we reincarnate with people based on the lessons we need to learn; therefore some people we have worked with before, and some we haven't. In both instances people may, or may not, be members of our soul group.

Hope that makes sense, I'm kind of tired ;)

Ailish

Switching soul groups

Hello, all.

Today am I wondering about the population of soul groups, and if a soul can change the group it associates with. What do y'all think about this? Can a soul drop out of its group and be a loner? Can a soul switch to another group? Can two groups merge or split? Are there new souls that have to find a group to join? If a soul stops reincarnating, does its old group have to recruit another member? Can a group kick out one of its members?

And how would any of these situations come about?

My tenative conclusion is that at least some of these situations are possible. But I haven't actually put a lot of thought into this matter yet, so I'm curious to see what y'all think.

Cheers,
Niamh.

Hello Niamh,

I'm really new in this soul group thing, and I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but I thought maybe I could ask in this same thread how big the soul groups are? Approximately? Are there something like ten souls in one or thousands? Are they of different size?

Curiously,

Karoliina

I don't know, either, Karoliina! :laugh: Those are good questions to add to mine.

When I say "soul group", I mean a group of souls that keep on reincarnating together. For example, when you hear people say "my sister who was my PL husband", that's a sign that those three souls are members of the same group.

So based on that definition, my own guess about the average size of a soul group would be about 10, with about 3-6 being incarnated at any one time. But that's only my guess.

Thanks for adding more questions!!!
Niamh.

Thanks Niamh.

My guess would be they are bigger. But that's just a guess too. Maybe someone who knows will answer. I think some people here have at least some memories or knowledge of their groups.

K

Hi Niamh and Karoliina :D

I can only share what I've read, but many of the readings say quite similar things about how souls are "organized."

Souls organize themselves into groups. You could see these as support groups. Souls organize themselves into Families, Groups, Clans, Nations, and Grand Nations. There are seven souls in a Soul Family and seven families in a Soul Group, and seven groups in a Soul Clan, and so on. Eventually, you will work with most members of your Soul Clan, that is 343 individual souls. However, for those of you who are teachers, you will more than likely reach your Soul Nation or Grand Nation, which totals almost 17,000 souls.

The majority of your relationships, close friendships, and associations will be with souls who are from your Group of 49 souls. However, this is not always the case. The more you advance in terms of acceptance (love), the more skilled you will become at working with individuals who have a different energy signature than yourselves. What we mean by energy signature is the following: each Soul Group will be working towards a particular goal.

For example, many members of one Soul Group could be concerned with communication and teaching, another with healing, another with courage, another with self- acceptance. This does not mean that each of you will manifest in the same way and lead identical lives, but it does mean that the essence of your lives will be very similar. You will have similar ideals, aspirations, likes, and dislikes. The people you are most drawn to are almost always members of your Soul Family, Group, Clan or Nation, but as with everything, there are exceptions to the rule.

A Soul Family will work together for many, many lifetimes. Sometimes a Soul Family will regroup and different alliances will be made. This is rare, but it happens. In addition, the entire Soul Family will be involved in decision making regarding future lifetimes and will assist you in assessing your achievements in a lifetime just past. Your Soul Family is always there for you. For the most part, not all members of a Soul Family are incarnate at the same time. Those members who are not incarnate act as spirit guides during the physical life of the one who is incarnate. They can visit you in dreams, inspire you with thoughts, or in some cases, speak to you directly during meditation. Many of the spirit guides that have presented themselves to humans are indeed discarnate souls who are members of the individual's Soul Family. However, many of the Master Teachers that present themselves to humans are either members of the individual's Nation or Grand Nation and are souls whose Earth experience is complete. At times these Master Teachers can be souls that are even broader and vaster than this.

A soul mate is any soul that is a member of this broader group and anyone that touches your life. The net effect of a soul mate on your life will always be positive, even if you cannot see it at the time. For example, many have the notion that a soul mate relationship will be the ideal relationship, full of harmony and love. However, a relationship with a soul mate is likely to be challenging!

The whole point of a soul mate turning up in your life is to show you to yourself. That is the purpose of all human relationships. You learn through viewing in the mirror. The Law of Attraction works in every aspect of your life, and therefore each person drawn into your life is there through vibration, and nothing else. They are present because your vibration and their vibration are matched in some way.

Hope that helps!! ;)

Ailish

Thanks Ailish!

That was very informative and it also made sense to me. I copied and saved it on my computer, I hope you don't mind.

Love,

Karoliina

WOW Ailish!

That was fascinating. Like Karoliina, I will have to devote some serious study to those ideas.

Where did you read all that?

Back