• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Strange sensation during meditation

helz_belz

Super Moderators
Staff member
Super Moderator
This may sound strange, and may not be anything at all, but ever since i started using binaural tibetan singing bowl sounds for meditation i've been getting a sensation in the centre (and just to the left) of my forehead, like a pressing feeling (not all the time, mostly during a meditation). i've read that this is the location of the Third Eye Chakra (Pineal Gland), but have no idea what this means, if it means anything at all! I've been meditating for about 2 years now, just to relaxing music or nature sounds, for relaxation and stress-recuction and not had this sensation before. Has anyone else had this sensation, sould I be worried about it? :confused:

Well, I've never used a Tibetan singing bowl, but driving around all day subjects me to various tones (whether from stereos or engines) that feel like they're making my brain vibrate. Does it happen every time you use the bowl?

only used binaural sounds for 3 meditations so far, and it usually happens during the meditation, but today has been happening on and off during the day too. Am sure that really its nothing, just a nerve-ending having an off day, it was just odd that it started when I started using the singing bowl music. Only really connected it with Chakras after reading many posts on the forum about third eyes and heart centres being connected to meditations on PLs, but maybe its all just a coincidence :) will take a few days off, back to the nature sounds and see what happens.

Will say this though, the dreams I've had after using binaural meditations have been so vivid. nothing PL yet, but thats OK

Yeah, I'd take a few days off from it as well. If it persists during that time, I'd get it checked out.

Hi LifePurpose, yea, thats the one. found it very good for meditation, but maybe too good, makes for a very deep meditation.

would be interested in hearing what anyone else thinks about binaural sounds for meditation, or if its just me that had this odd reaction :confused:

Meditation experience with CD

Hello,

Is the audio-recording 'Didgeridoo and Tibetan Singing Bowl - Music for Deep Meditation' the recording being referred to in this disucssion thread?

LINK:

Marc

Hi helz_belz,

You might want to read up on the chakras and energy systems within the body. Ailish started a thread that incudes an exercise about the sixth chakra and makes reference to a book you might find interesting.

Don't discard the feeling, it is an opening, and when you merge the two together (heart chakra and third eye) you might say- a door opens. ;)

The higher senses are those of vibrations. These vibrations are key to experiencing beyond our time space paradigm -- most important is the realization that certain sounds are actually Light.

Dealing with vibration, sound and light are what enable us to experience altered states consciously. To listen very carefully and to surrender within the being as you meditate. It is also the act of surrender, of letting go that brings you into higher states of consciousness.

Sound works to enhance human vibration. It is brought through the body and all of the peripheral nerves and felt within every part of the being. Vibrational sound sets off a value that is felt within the body. Peripheral nerves feel this vibration.

Many ancient cultures worked intensively with internal sound, color and light; these are what raise the level of consciousness. They used a bell similar to the Tibetan bell, a very pleasurable sound. It is the ringing of these bells that enable the balancing of the right and left hemisphere of the brain which in turn brings consciousness to the center enabling the individual to enter into altered states.

Hi Deborah,

thank you for the reply and the link, the book sounds very interesting :) I will have to get reading up on these things, they are completely outside my current knowledge! Thinking of the universe in terms of vibrations makes a lot of sense though

I did a little research on the internet and the closest I could find that described what I felt was on this page: http://www.spiritual.com.au/2011/07/third-eye-chakra/ specifically this part: "When you concentrate on your third eye area, you will start feeling tingling sensation or slight pressure/vibration in that area. This always means that the third eye chakra is awakening, no matter how small pressure/vibration you are experiencing." although i didn't concentrate on the area, it just happened on its own.

Are there special meditations/techniques that need to be completed to open the third eye? or will meditating as usual be ok? was just a little worried this would be too much to handle, or does the spirit only give the body as much as it knows it can handle? sorry about all these questions, this is all a little un-nerving for me :eek:

I had a series of meditations after light workouts first thing in the morning. I lay flat on the floor with hands to my side and cleared my mind of everything...each time a thought came into my mind, I put a comic bubble around it and poked it with a pin...it popped and went away.

After a short time I was focused on nothing and began to have pressure in the third eye area. It would begin as minor tingling then increased to a feeling as if someone was pushing my forehead with a fingertip. After the initial surprise, I began to expect the "push" and hoped to extend its duration and that it would lead to something significant. It did not.

I later had several amazing lucid dreams...when I discussed both the dreams and the meditational "third eye push" with one of my readers, she said guidance had tried to show me during the meditations but I wasn't seeing...then they got to me through the lucid dreams. That is about as clear as I expect I am going to get.

Hi Usetawuz, thats sounds very similar to what I experienced, like a pressing/vibration in the middle of the forehead. tried again with the bells last night, and the sensation was there, but when i focussed on it it went away. when i redirected attention to the heart centre, it came back. all very strange.

Back