• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Surviving Death By Leslie Kean

autumnleavesnnovember

Another book coming out in the spring to look out for is: https://www.amazon.com/Surviving-De...r=8-1&keywords=surviving+death+by+leslie+kean. It's at NetGalley now and I just started it. It's about all sorts of paranormal subjects, including reincarnation. From the intro, it appears the reincarnation cases investigated by Ms. Kean are well known ones, but it looks like the book is going to be an interesting read by a journalist who personally partook in some paranormal experiences; and who wants to "provide clarity", not "create conflict". She also states in the intro that by "survival", she means "personal survival", not an "impersonal merging into pure awareness or becoming one with universal consciousness". Sounds like my type of book.:)

Well, I finished the book and am hesitant to recommend it to the average metaphysical reader, except for those highly interested in physical mediumship. Because the book suddenly turns to that subject and goes on and on about it until the end. Physical mediumship being dark room seances with ecotoplasm, materialized human hands, guides with Native American names, etc. The author is totally captivated by the topic, and as been involved in such seances. The book starts off, though, with reincarnation. That topic covers 20% of the book, and is absolutely nothing new to those who are well-read in cases of children who talk about past lives. Carol is mentioned as a past life nightmare counselor for children and their parents, Jim Tucker and Ian Stevenson are warmly talked about quite a bit, and the two main cases looked at are James Leininger and Ryan Hammons. Then there are chapters on NDEs, life between life memories told by children, end of life experiences, poltergeists, etc. Some new stories and ideas, but lots of old stuff, too.

You're welcome. I thought it was important to relate how much new or not new reincarnation information was in this book; as well as Ms. Kean's captivation with physical mediumship. I think it's sort of rare these days to read a book about such mediumship, that doesn't strictly focus on seances from way in the past, but instead includes ones where a contemporary author participated. Anyone here have interest in those type of seances? Would you participate in one, if invited? I fear they sort of creep me :eek:ut!

P.S. After working on my review for the book tonight, I felt the need to come back here and clarify Ms. Kean does also talk a lot about mental mediumship and some of trance mediumship. So, I would highly recommend this book to anyone with a strong interest in all types of mediumship, not just physical mediumship.

Last edited:
Thank you for let us know about this book. Actually I was looking for the same thing. And hopefully got it here. lol

Yes, I will, because I can't post a review on it at Amazon until the day it is released. That will remind me to come back here. It should be March 7th, though, unless they change the release date, which sometimes they do.

Kellybin, the book went on sale today at Amazon, and I'm sure elsewhere, too. As stated in an earlier post, anyone who has read a lot about reincarnation, will probably find nothing new. I personally would most recommend it to those highly interested in mediumship.

Back