• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

"Surviving Death" (netflix program) - Reincarnation

SleeplessFox

Hey there

As some of you might have already noticed: Netflix did a six part streaming series about the topic "surviving death" and the last episode is about reincarnation cases (especially those investigated by Dr. Jim Tucker). I thought it might be worth to spread the content in the forum:

Last edited by a moderator:
The reincarnation story about the little boy is heartbreaking. They gave up info on the show and people were able to figure out who his PL family was and started harassing them. They were not prepared for the death of their child and the details of it all to be broadcast like that. I feel horrible for them.

The reincarnation story about the little boy is heartbreaking. They gave up info on the show and people were able to figure out who his PL family was and started harassing them. They were not prepared for the death of their child and the details of it all to be broadcast like that. I feel horrible for them.

I wondered about that and whether or not they were aware of Atlases story. Kind of a shock if no one ever reached out to them prior to this?

Hey there

As some of you might have already noticed: Netflix did a six part streaming series about the topic "surviving death" and the last episode is about reincarnation cases (especially those investigated by Dr. Jim Tucker). I thought it might be worth to spread the content in the forum:

This series was excellent from beginning to end. I really enjoyed Dr. Jim Tucker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suuny 1994 and Summer785, Do either of you know if Atlas's former family had been notified about Atlas before the show aired? And was the former family harassed? Please tell me what you know.

Suuny 1994 and Summer785, Do either of you know if Atlas's former family had been notified about Atlas before the show aired? And was the former family harassed? Please tell me what you know.

Carol I am going to direct message you here with some information! It seems they were not notified and they have a case against the production company. They allege to have been harassed as well in the document I found.

Edit: Carol I messaged you the source on your Profile Page

Last edited:
I just watched the episode on reincarnation this week and really liked it, but the Atlas Auberry story was problematic, in my opinion. So, I came back here to see if anyone had started a discussion on it . . . .

One, there is the question if Jaylen Robinson's parents were notified before the episode was made. It seems like they had to have been. Has anyone found out any additional information about that and the lawsuit filed against Netflix? Two, the story just seemed too pat for me, so unlike other child past life stories. Here was a 5-year-old child who remembered his past life name and the name of his mother, after being killed at the age of 19 months in a past life. Usually names are the one thing not remembered about past lives. Jaylen's death and the babysitter's trial were covered by the New York papers, including the New York Times, and pictures or films of his parents could be found. I wish Dr. Jim Tucker had shown Atlas more than two pictures for him to identify each time. Not that I'm questioning Dr. Tucker's integrity, I'm certainly not. Once again, though, it all seemed too pat, in my opinion. What does everyone else think?

It was nice to see James Leininger and Ryan Hammond all grown up. It wasn't surprising Ryan Hammond felt little when he returned to California. At his age, it was too late in the game. If anyone asks me for interesting reincarnation stories, I always recommend they read the stories about Ryan and James. Atlas' story I can't quite recommend, but do feel free to convince me that I should. :)

I just watched the episode on reincarnation this week and really liked it, but the Atlas Auberry story was problematic, in my opinion. So, I came back here to see if anyone had started a discussion on it . . . .

One, there is the question if Jaylen Robinson's parents were notified before the episode was made. It seems like they had to have been. Has anyone found out any additional information about that and the lawsuit filed against Netflix? Two, the story just seemed too pat for me, so unlike other child past life stories. Here was a 5-year-old child who remembered his past life name and the name of his mother, after being killed at the age of 19 months in a past life. Usually names are the one thing not remembered about past lives. Jaylen's death and the babysitter's trial were covered by the New York papers, including the New York Times, and pictures or films of his parents could be found. I wish Dr. Jim Tucker had shown Atlas more than two pictures for him to identify each time. Not that I'm questioning Dr. Tucker's integrity, I'm certainly not. Once again, though, it all seemed too pat, in my opinion. What does everyone else think?

It was nice to see James Leininger and Ryan Hammond all grown up. It wasn't surprising Ryan Hammond felt little when he returned to California. At his age, it was too late in the game. If anyone asks me for interesting reincarnation stories, I always recommend they read the stories about Ryan and James. Atlas' story I can't quite recommend, but do feel free to convince me that I should. :)
I watched that episode as well. Can we have children with no reincarnated soul so they can start fresh? Reincarnation brings trauma that no one needs. Spirit needs to just stop.

Well, no one knows exactly what happens after death. We are all believing what we think is true or what we want to believe. Many think there is no reincarnation. Maybe there is not. But what happens if there is not? No continuation of the soul? Or the soul is in some place of eternal happiness? Personally, that doesn't appeal to me. Trauma can and should be overcome. My guess is most reborn souls don't remember enough about a past life or lives to experience past life trauma. So, in a sense, the soul is starting fresh every time reborn.

Well, no one knows exactly what happens after death. We are all believing what we think is true or what we want to believe. Many think there is no reincarnation. Maybe there is not. But what happens if there is not? No continuation of the soul? Or the soul is in some place of eternal happiness? Personally, that doesn't appeal to me. Trauma can and should be overcome. My guess is most reborn souls don't remember enough about a past life or lives to experience past life trauma. So, in a sense, the soul is starting fresh every time reborn.
If reincarnation is important and it's working, someone should come down and explain to us what's going on. Keeping in a secret makes it seem like it's against our will.

If reincarnation is important and it's working, someone should come down and explain to us what's going on. Keeping in a secret makes it seem like it's against our will.

There were / are plenty who explained, with some variations. Whom to believe? I know that I can't know which is right, nor what of what they say is true. So, I trust nobody, and investigate for myself, in altered states of consciousness.

From those I'm aware of explaining, I believe that beyond one's own inner-source of knowledge and guidance (inner-guide) when properly tapped, the best to read / browse is Seth (channeled by Jane Roberts), which I believe to be about 80 to 85% accurate. Abraham channeled by Ester Hicks and Bashar by Darryl Anka are in the range 55 to 65% (on a dropping trend as they add more material). I believe that the Bible is about 35% accurate.

These are estimated percentages if we take those materials at face value. If we interpret them intuitively (and that's how they should be approached), those percentages can go up a lot, depending on the quality of the intuitive interpretation you do it for yourself. This depends on how you approach it, but also of your level of evolvement.

A less known channeled material, but which I estimate to be 70 to 75% accurate, comes from Italian researches, who did / do a systematic study using hypnosis to establish contact with several entities, though several subjects. I recommend it.

If you're interested I suggest you check the following:

Hypno-Channelings: A New Tool for the Investigation of Channeling Experiences

Luciano Pederzoli1, Elena Prati1, Nadia Resti1, Daniela Del Carlo2& Patrizio Tressoldi*3

1EvanLab, Firenze, Italia
2S.A.M.O. - Scuola di Counseling Olistico, Avenza (MS), Italia
3Science of Consciousness Research Group - Dipartimento di Psicologia
Generale, Università di Padova, Italia

Abstract
  • This study describes for the first time a procedure to channel and interview various purported discarnate Entities obtained by initially inducing the participants into an Out of Body Experience via hypnotic suggestions. We report the conversations with seven different Entities, three of which were done individually and four in group sessions, channeled by different participants with no previous channeling experience. This procedure, we named Hypno-Channeling, allows to contact and interview with easy various Entities and it represents a good tool in order to determine whether the acquired information derives from a discarnate Entity, the channeler or the interviewer.
pdf link

Sessions: audio (Italian), and transcripts (English): figshare.com/articles/dataset/Channelings/6984251

================================================

A GUIDE FOR OBE INDUCTION

Pederzoli, Luciano+, Tressoldi, Patrizio E.*

+EvanLab, Firenze, Italia
*Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Università di Padova, Italia;

ABSTRACT
  • After having demonstrated that it is possible to control an OBE (Out of Body Experience) by means of hypnotic suggestions, we furthered our knowledge of this type of experience by carrying out many OBEs with different subjects, all of whom had particular talents; some of them repeated the experiment many times, such that a total of over 20 hours of OBEs were completed for each of these individual subjects.
    This allowed us to formulate a clear description of the means of induction as well as standard reactions and ways to circumvent fears and obstacles. The purpose of this work is to publicize these experiences to date, and enable the reproduction of the hypnotic OBE experience by providing descriptions of induction, first level OBE training, and then more advanced training, including all expedients to facilitate mastery of this state of consciousness.
pdf link

================================================

These are some channeling transcripts:

Is human consciousness eternal? Let's ask those in the hereafter to tell us

Luciano Pederzoli* and Patrizio Tressoldi**

*EvanLab, Firenze, Italy
**Science of Consciousness Research Group, Studium Patavinum, Padova University, Italy

pdf link

One of life's greatest mysteries is what happens after death. Mysteries motivate us to think and research and discuss what we think and learn with others. If everything is spelled out, there is no challenge, no motivation. We would be like school children told exactly how things are and what is expected of us. All the answers to all the tests would be provided ahead of time. What's the point of living a dull, predictable life like that? In general, we humans like mysteries, too. That's why mystery books, movies, shows, are so popular. You sound spiritually exhausted, spacely. May I ask why?

One of life's greatest mysteries is what happens after death. Mysteries motivate us to think and research and discuss what we think and learn with others. If everything is spelled out, there is no challenge, no motivation. We would be like school children told exactly how things are and what is expected of us. All the answers to all the tests would be provided ahead of time. What's the point of living a dull, predictable life like that? In general, we humans like mysteries, too. That's why mystery books, movies, shows, are so popular. You sound spiritually exhausted, spacely. May I ask why?
Yep.

1. The only lessons I sign up for are those I choose, where I progress toward an expertise that enthuses me. Something I agree is useful.
2. By "I", I refer to my identity, born for the very first time on May 5th, 1966. Nothing relevant came before.
3. I expect transparency in my existence, so i don't feel fooled later by having a secret rug pulled out from under me. You can never win that way.
4. Transparency is needed to make rock-solid decisions about our future. And coming from that is the confidence to keep going.
5. Perhaps we choose the cute new baby? Used to be just nature + nurture. Now, there's also a random soul coming back for a second chance, unbeknownst to you. It's not your fault, but the improved Nazi deserved a second chance.
6. Did you know you were scheduled to experience a rape? Yep. And as such, Spirit must MAKE SURE it happens. Sorry, no getting out of it.
7. Always wanted to get that PhD? Sorry, Spirit forgot to tell you early death from cancer is up next.
8. etc.
9. If you do not control your life, that may imply we are somehow "owned" by another race. Guides? Ok, whatever. They can, have been, and will continue to do, whatever they want. They have all the info, and do not help.

Assigning a higher purpose to these experiences actually shifts the burden of failure to that higher purpose, no? Awesome. That's why we're forgiven, because we didn't even KNOW.

Everything should come full stop, as we find out whose in charge.

I wonder if "Spirit" reads these boards.

Yep.

1. The only lessons I sign up for are those I choose, where I progress toward an expertise that enthuses me. Something I agree is useful.
2. By "I", I refer to my identity, born for the very first time on May 5th, 1966. Nothing relevant came before.
3. I expect transparency in my existence, so i don't feel fooled later by having a secret rug pulled out from under me. You can never win that way.
4. Transparency is needed to make rock-solid decisions about our future. And coming from that is the confidence to keep going.
5. Perhaps we choose the cute new baby? Used to be just nature + nurture. Now, there's also a random soul coming back for a second chance, unbeknownst to you. It's not your fault, but the improved Nazi deserved a second chance.
6. Did you know you were scheduled to experience a rape? Yep. And as such, Spirit must MAKE SURE it happens. Sorry, no getting out of it.
7. Always wanted to get that PhD? Sorry, Spirit forgot to tell you early death from cancer is up next.
8. etc.
9. If you do not control your life, that may imply we are somehow "owned" by another race. Guides? Ok, whatever. They can, have been, and will continue to do, whatever they want. They have all the info, and do not help.

Assigning a higher purpose to these experiences actually shifts the burden of failure to that higher purpose, no? Awesome. That's why we're forgiven, because we didn't even KNOW.

Everything should come full stop, as we find out whose in charge.

I wonder if "Spirit" reads these boards.
Okay, I sadly see now where you are coming from and why you are so spiritually fatigued, but I personally don't think bad experiences or entire lifetimes are pre-planned by God or guides or whoever. (That's the Michael Newton way of thinking, where we are all actors in life acting or reacting.) I don't believe that at all. We live lives and things happen. (If we choose when and where we are born, I don't know.) We all have free will and many individuals make bad decisions at times. We can only control what we do, not what others do. There very well may be karma of sorts, however, and I think we can possibly recognize it as that if we think about it long enough. Why exactly do you think you were born for the first time on May 5, 1966 and nothing "relevant came before"?

Why exactly do you think you were born for the first time on May 5, 1966 and nothing "relevant came before"?
Because I worked hard on myself, they took anything prior away via amnesia, and I was not able to leverage anything that came before. I am the one claiming credit, not previous "me". And did they force me to destroy "previous me"? No longer relevant. Otherwise why work hard on NOW, if they destroy it later?

One of life's greatest mysteries is what happens after death. ...

Somehow I don't feel comfortable with that statement, although there is nothing untrue there. I think this is because it feels as a misdirection. It is a matter of importance, hence priority.

Before being greatly intrigued about what's after death, I believe that "what am I here to do, now" it is the most important and urgent mystery for me, and the same should be for everyone. Once this question arises, then it becomes as important to find the best way to get the best answer for it.

... If everything is spelled out, there is no challenge, no motivation. We would be like school children told exactly how things are and what is expected of us. All the answers to all the tests would be provided ahead of time. ...

I believe that a school analogy is actually close to the truth, but I see it differently than you used it.

You go to school to learn because you don't know, not because you know and somebody hypnotized you to forget. Actually, the hypnosis that here takes over you is the conditioning that society inflicts on you from your entering the womb; that makes you forget the purpose(s) you came here for. You get distracted by the wrong crowd, and forget that you are here to learn and grow up. You need to wake up, become lucid, and figure out how and what you're here, in the school, to do.

I believe that a school analogy is actually close to the truth, but I see it differently than you used it.

You go to school to learn because you don't know, not because you know and somebody hypnotized you to forget. Actually, the hypnosis that here takes over you is the conditioning that society inflicts on you from your entering the womb; that makes you forget the purpose(s) you came here for. You get distracted by the wrong crowd, and forget that you are here to learn and grow up. You need to wake up, become lucid, and figure out how and what you're here, in the school, to do.
I agree with you about school, which is why I can't agree with the idea of being told everything by a higher power, instead of figuring things out yourself. About the mystery of afterlife matter, though, I don't think there is anything that should be the same for everyone. Of course, we should be highly concerned about living our current life, but there is nothing wrong at all with being intensely interested in the afterlife. For many individuals, day-to-day life is not very mysterious. That's why so many seek to see and read about other mysteries. One of the absolute greatest mysteries in life is what happens after death. Reaching conclusions about the matter has freed many from being emotionally crippled about the thought of dying. It has freed them to live their day-to-day life in a happier and more courageous way.

Because I worked hard on myself, they took anything prior away via amnesia, and I was not able to leverage anything that came before. I am the one claiming credit, not previous "me". And did they force me to destroy "previous me"? No longer relevant. Otherwise why work hard on NOW, if they destroy it later?
Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.

Back