The chain reaction

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by Eevee, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Carol mentions a few cases where once a mother – or someone else near a child, starts thinking about reincarnation, soon afterwards their children start talking about remembering a PL, and when the story is told to a third person, it doesn’t take long before that person himself, or someone in their circle of friends or family, starts having memories themselves.

Did anyone here experience that chain reaction?

Eevee

2. Alexnovo

Alexnovo Senior Registered

Very interesting question Eevee; I have not had it happen with family members but the very same thing has happened with friends. I wonder if part of it has to do, not with being a trigger, but as being permission to talk. In our society I think there are many people who have memories, but are afraid to share, then when one person opens up, others feel free to talk. I suspect that this doesn't explain the situation with children who are less acculturated against reincarnation than are adults, but I do suspect with adults it is part "trigger" and part permission. just my thoughts. I wonder if anyone knows of any social science research on the issue.

3. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

I agree with you, Alexnovo. It's just like with psychic phenomena ... I think only the most hard-core skeptics would say they *never* had a psychic or paranormal experience, but most people would never talk about these experiences unless they felt safe doing so.

Then there's people who willfully brush aside and purposely dismiss subtle experiences because it interferes with their daily lives ... if they were surrounded by people who openly talk about and value these kinds of experiences, they might be more inclined to follow up on subtle leads. I've heard stories that Native Americans couldn't see European ships when they first arrived on shore, until the Medicine Man saw them and pointed them out.

And then, I must say I personally believe, that we're all connected on a level we can't fully understand on this side of the veil, with the limited dimensions we can discern ...