• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

The Eternal Nature of Love

DK,

Wow, what an incredible experience. And, you are so right, we tend to "romanticize" the twin flame connection and skip over the fact that this is truly one of the most painful experiences we can have while incarnated. Truly! We meet and feel this "wholeness" and peace, only to have it taken away and we have to live out that incarnation without them in the flesh, but yet stay psychically and spiritually linked to them. This is torturous!

It is so interesting that you almost died after your twin, I imagine the power of the grief and loss was so intense that you had this NDE and then buried all of these memories because it was probably way too much to deal with. And then, your twin served as a spirit guide for you, which is always the purpose of our twin when we are not incarnated at the same time. One of the reasons that our twin is our spirit guide is because we have a dual purpose, and also any karma that we accrue during a lifetime also belongs to our twin and vice versa.

I think that it is amazing that you used your experience to help others, and serving as a medium for those who had suffered the same loss and desire to reconnect with their twin was probably very healing for you. Healing really does come through service, and by giving back you probably were able to bring some sort of balance to the situation. I believe that this was a specific experience and a life path that both you and your twin were meant to have, and perhaps teaching and sharing about twins and this connection is your dual purpose.

I don't blame you at all for not wanting to seek out your twin in their new incarnation, because unless you are a real masochistic person you would never want to invite that kind of pain again. But, I believe that soul mates reunite in order teach and share and fulfill their dual purpose for being. And, I have discovered that twin flames are like magnets to one another and through synchronicity will be pulled to reunite. Perhaps without trying, one day you will encounter this person, just like you had before.

Perhaps there is something to share with the world by reuniting again in this life? Or, maybe you have already done the work you needed to do to heal yourself and help others to heal as well and you have learned enough about this connection that you know what it is meant to be- a primarily spiritual connection. Only you can discover the answer to that.

You have done so much with this and I know it has had an enormous impact on many people with whom you have come into contact with and who share your grief and this pain. It is a truly beautiful thing, and we must remember the other side of the coin here with these soul reunions- that although painful they are divinely ordained for a purpose much larger than all of us.

RemainingSpirit,

I think that you have hit on something here that is really interesting. For those of us who are aware of the "story" beyond this lifetime with our soul mates, it can often be troubling when you know the connection on a spiritual level doesn't match what the "story" is on a physical one.

You strike me as someone who has done a lot of work on yourself, and have become aware of who it is that you really are, and more than likely you exude this power energetically to all who meet you. The thing is, most of us don't want to do the work that we need to in order to grow spiritually, and sometimes the soul mates closest to us can sense that they would need to "step up" in many ways in order to match your energy. And so, their fear of having to confront these parts of themselves becomes mirrored back by you and who you are, and they run away from it. All of our soul mates are our mirrors, our various relationships (not just romantic) serve to reflect back to us our own level of healing and awareness.

MichelleBrock said:
I think that it is amazing that you used your experience to help others, and serving as a medium for those who had suffered the same loss and desire to reconnect with their twin was probably very healing for you.
The ones I was lead to - didn't know their 'twins' in the physical sense. I would test the reality of it with them. I lost five people between 1978 and 1981. (Including my own twin.) Their spirits continued to show up in my life from time to time. Various methods. The most common was 'visions in the night.' I would wake up and 'see' someone sitting on the end of my bed - and then I would go back to sleep and continue the conversation.

One friend who passed was only 19. His spirit came to me and told me that I was on a path to meet his 'twin' and that is 'twin' was going to be a soulmate to me - since we were soulmates. I had no understanding what that meant at the time. I asked how I would know them - and I was told - my heart would let me know. Sure enough, I ran into someone and their was this feeling I had known them my whole life. The spirit of the deceased friend showed up afterwards in a vision of the night and would tell me 'secrets' about his spirit coming to his 'twin' - but - his 'twin' was having a hard time grasping the reality of it. I was having a hard time grasping the 'reality' of my own spiritual twin showing up in 'visions' of the night. So - it was more 'verification' than 'healing.'

My attitude was,

"I wish you two would get together and figure this out - so your twin won't be waking me up in the middle of the night anymore to pass on messages to you."

It kept happening for 10 years. I kept running into people who were 'soulmates' and their 'spirit twin' would wake me up in the middle of the night with messages to pass on to help verify it for the twin incarnated.

None of the physical 'twins' I encountered during those years - ever knew the 'other half' who had 'died and passed on.

During that decade - I worked with 8 primary sets of twins. Primary were the ones where I knew both 'twins.' Secondary was the ones who showed up and I didn't have an worldly experience with the physical twin before they passed on. (Not in this life time anyway.)

So, none of the primary ones were dealing with any grief or loss because they never met the physical twin before they passed away.

All of the physical friends - just thought they were having strange 'dreams' and didn't know what to make of the 'apparition' that kept appearing in their rooms at night and the strange conversations that took place in their dreams after their 'sightings.'

So - for me - it was more verification. I wasn't alone with it.

DK

DK,

I guess I was speaking under the premise that verification is in and of itself healing, and that maybe the experiences you had that verified that you were not alone did somehow bring you some peace. And also that those who were led to you whom you helped verify, and maybe even quantify, their experiences found peace in that as well.

Sometimes it is a matter of how you look at things, but I think that those who take the wisdom that they gain from life challenges and share it or use it to spread a message are not only the right track, but that they have some things really figured out. Maybe it is the proverbial "glass half empty or glass half full" concept, but there is always something positive to gain from any trial that we face in life. And, you stayed open to these people who were led to you, rather than closing down and ignoring what you were being called to do. This is definitely a wonderful thing. I think that you have a lot to teach and share.

MichelleBrock said:
And, you stayed open to these people who were led to you, rather than closing down and ignoring what you were being called to do.
This all went on during the early 80's. I was young then and studied it for a while - but never found anything in literature that applied to the 'revelations' coming to me in spirit. The new age approach on the market back then - seemed to be lacking in definition.

I spoke to some friends back then and they were fascinated by the revelations.

One thing I recall telling someone was - that my 'twin' was acting like a 'matchmaker' while on the other side in spirit. The 'so-called' soulmate encounters I was approaching in the future - had been arranged by the 'twin spirit.' Not only my 'twin spirit' was arranging this - but there was another 'twin' involved in setting me up with her 'twin'.

I fell in love with a girl in 1980 and she died. Her spirit was one of the five coming to me. I thought she was the over half of my heart - and she kept telling me that our hearts didn't belong to one another. I was confused about the 'twin' I had - and only thought if it as a 'physical type' twin as in a brother. I didn't think of his spirit as a lover. The spirit of my twin and her spirit were telling me they were 'setting' me up to meet her 'twin' so I would know the difference. When I met her twin (who was a 'soulmate' to me) - I could tell the difference. They were two of a kind and belonged together.

When I met him - I was trying to explain how we were like 'stand-in's' for each other's twin as companions to one another in our earth bound journey while we were separated from our 'true other halves.'

I do feel that I got caught up in that 'glow' of divine energy that existed between the two 'twins.' (One in the flesh and the other in spirit.) Being the 'medium' that I was - I was just stuck in the middle and kept my mind focused on the fact that it was like a 'ray of light' that I got caught up in the beam of but that aim wasn't my heart. The aim was from the 'twin in spirit' flowing through me toward her 'twin.' It was glorious while it lasted.

I was wondering if you have came across this sort of 'stand-in' role for a 'twin' before. My belief that is what a 'soulmate' is. It is someone our 'twin' has played the matchmaker in setting us up for in a love that is sort of a reflection of the source. (Sort of like the moon [soulmate] bouncing off the light from the Sun. [twin])

DK

MichelleBrock said:
Ginger2,

Life is, unfortunately sometimes, all about life lessons. I would suggest that you try to focus on what you and he agree is your mutual purpose for meeting. What is it that you will learn from this experience that will be worth teaching? This is why we meet our soul mates, to learn and grow. And, if you approach this connection in this way, that it has something to teach you, then your intent will serve as a powerful presence as you fulfill this soul contract and it serves the larger purpose that you have met. Often times soul mates meet for a purpose that serves all of humanity, and we need to honor that as best we can.
Thank you Michelle so much for your reply. I often times have felt what you wrote about how things were meant to be- a soul to soul contract. It certainly seems to be that way now that I have analyzed my life every step of the way since my strange encounter with him.

The connection I have to him is powerful to make me recognize that something isn't of the norm here. He is the missing link for me to stay connected to this particular buddhist group - a group that I feel a strong connection and most likely due to a past life connection. I believe this group knows it as well which makes it all much weirder than it is.

My problem is that i am on the fence whether to help them due this emotional rollercoaster but at the same time, i feel like i'm not serving my purpose in this life . a purpose which is to better the humanity of lives through charitable efforts , donations and knowledge that they have to share. (i'm sorry that i can't divulge more since they're a well known group ) I feel that i can't do more since my emotions are at stake. but i also feel that there isn't anybody else that can do the job- i am the missing link to what is needed for this purpose . i knew that i was on this path the first day i walked into the temple but on the same token, it is at my expense to help them.

DK,

I think that you are exactly right, that this is what a soul mate truly is. And, I had never thought about it from the perspective that you offer- being a "stand-in for one another's twin", but I suppose that in essence that is true. We evolve together with our twin, and so they will send us the soul mate that we most need to grow and evolve, and eventually be reunited with them. And, the analogy that you give is beautiful- the moon's light having bounced off of the sun. The light is reflected and does come from the same source, which is the divine light of creation which is held inside of each of us.

The only thing I would add here is something that I tell all of the clients that I work with- that the light of the moon is the same light that shines from the sun, and therefore there is no soul mate of a lesser "quality". Each of our soul mates who cross our paths are perfection- meaning that they are a perfect and vital part of our journey back to ourselves. Always love the soul mate who is right in front of you!

MichelleBrock said:
Ginger2,
One of the most difficult aspects of real, actual spirituality (meaning not something you read in a book, but something that you discover, do and live) is in the learning to master our emotions. And, you and I both know that it is much easier said than done! You described it perfectly, as an "emotional rollercoaster", which is exactly what it feels like. This is because the "ups and downs" come from flip flopping between your human desire for this depth of connection, and wanting to explore it and let it progress, and also your wisdom from being evolved enough that you know to master the emotion you feel and to step back from it and see it objectively for what it is.

I think that you have a very mature innate sense of awareness concerning this connection, and you have to give yourself some credit for your temperance and also your willingness to learn and grow from this. You said that his presence in your life was your catalyst for seeking spirituality and that you have met in this life for a purpose that involves teaching. I'll ask you this- how much more of a profound purpose could a soul mate possibly serve in someone's life?

To open up a spiritual path is probably one of the purest and most divine soul agreements anyone can enter into. And, the physical stuff is just that, physical and not spiritual (although the physical connection between two people can serve to deepen the spiritual connection, and it does if it is approached and used properly between two people). But, not all connections are meant to be "romantic". True love is actually very pure and spiritual, and has nothing to do with the emotions that we attach to romance. You and this man seem to have such a love, that it just "is".

It has been my experience that circumstances such as a large age gap, or commitments to other people or lifestyle choices are actually meant to be there. This is because we often can't see the road ahead and the bigger picture, and you were meant to meet him and step onto a spiritual path, but what lies ahead is also as it is meant to be. I myself have had two very intense connections that turned into relationships in which we had circumstances that kept us from being life partners- both of them lived in different cities than I did, and our careers and life situations kept us apart. This is because both they and I were meant to learn from one another, but then move on to be with different partners, but the course of our lives was forever altered because our paths had crossed. This is a beautiful thing.

Life is, unfortunately sometimes, all about life lessons. I would suggest that you try to focus on what you and he agree is your mutual purpose for meeting. What is it that you will learn from this experience that will be worth teaching? This is why we meet our soul mates, to learn and grow. And, if you approach this connection in this way, that it has something to teach you, then your intent will serve as a powerful presence as you fulfill this soul contract and it serves the larger purpose that you have met. Often times soul mates meet for a purpose that serves all of humanity, and we need to honor that as best we can.
Thank you so much for your reply. I typed a response a couple of weeks earlier but I deleted it. I often view myself as "crazy and delusional" when trying to rationalize this connection. However, I am jotting certain things down and am comparing notes to prove my crazy theories. I also wanted to come back to post and give more insight to this insanity.

I read what Tinkerman posted on a thread about trying to make sense out of this and how this certain thread brings up a logic behind the connection of twin souls. I feel the same as Tinkerman while in my soul mate, TF 's presence. I do not even enjoy labeling it as such as I still am not a big believer in this.

I'm beginning to believe that the true lesson here is unconditional love Destiny and free will clearly plays a role. In my situation, I just found out that my soul mates parent is dying from cancer. He at this time cannot go back to his country to visit and most likely will not be able to see them before they pass. My TF was suppose to go back to his country but I asked him to stay (I have an auto immune disease). Now, I am consumed with guilt as other things are preventing him . This is beyond his own control . He has no family here whatsoever, no money and his life is dedicated to a buddhist temple.

I however now feel a responsibility to him (i always had since he did decide to stay) . I am now indirectly forced (by guilt) to help (not financial contribution) them more because of him and this guilt I feel. I really did not want to help because it meant that my emotions would be at stake.

My mantra now is "master my emotions" . This train of thought is what the buddhist speak about . Buddhist meditation is to "master your emotions". I really feel like I'm living for my future lives.

Thank You Michelle - for your time and wise advise for our members. I am closing this thread because Walter Semkiw will now be our guest speaker and we want to focus on his topic.

I do hope you stay around and continue to participate. Please feel free to start threads in other sections.

With great appreciation.....

Back