• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

The future

tanguerra

Moderator Emeritus
I've written a couple of times, here and there about 'the future' I sometimes get a flash of, so I thought maybe it would be interesting to put them together and explore a little further. Future flashes seem to be a bit more uncommon than past life flashes, but they certainly do happen.

It opens up cans of worms about the nature of time, destiny, fate and so on of course, but I thought it might be an interesting discussion topic.

So here is one from a while back from My friend X to get started. My 'future life' seems to be flashing into my mind more often lately, of which more below. (I hope it doesn't portend anything! :) )

The strangest things always happen when I spend time with X. A week or two ago, we were in a car driving to a night club, sitting in the back seat while another friend drove us through the city streets. We were just sitting quietly while the people in the front chatted.

I was just feeling relaxed and looking out the window when I got the strongest sense of some future life event when X and I were driving in a type of motorcade on the way to a very important meeting at the UN or some future equivalent. It was futuristic, but not so very unrecognisable. We were driving on the ground through city streets, for instance, not in rocket cars or anything! There were bodyguards on some kind of futuristic motorbikes to either side. I often get little forward flashes connected with X. In this future life I am involved in high level politics in some way and he is my advisor and right hand man as well as good friend but I don't get a sense of us being in a 'relationship' as such.

In this particular future flash I got, I was quite anxious about the outcome of this meeting we were going to but he was assuring me that we were well prepared and all would be well. While this was happening (in real life) he looked over at me and smiled very kindly at me, although I don't believe I gave him any signal that anything was 'up' - I was just looking out the window - but it gave me a very strong feeling of deja vu....

Last edited:
This one came up in the thread on Poland, when we were talking about whether there is any possibility of influencing our 'past' selves from our 'present' vantage point.

[describing doing a meditation on a life in Poland] ...There was no way out of this situation. Nobody was going to come and save us. Our parents were dead and these people obviously did not care about us. Underneath that was a terrible, burning, seething rage that this could happen (which I carried over into the next life).

Shifting focus somewhat I decided to channel some love, courage, comfort and reassurance to my little-self, if you dig. I told my little-self that it would all be over quickly and that it would be OK and then once it was over, I would be safe and with my parents again. I told my little-self that there was a lot of love in the world and not all people are bad and cruel.

This made me ("both" of us) feel much better about the whole thing. Whether it really made any difference to little-me 'back then', who knows (my view of time is very plastic, but I know not everyone agrees) but it certainly made big-me feel better. I had an image of my little self lifting her chin and deciding to be brave if nothing else. I felt an immediate change in my neck area - a lightness and releasing feeling which I stayed with for a while until it all sort of faded out.

In the morning, although it is still a bit tender and stiff, the neck feels much improved and I can look over my shoulder again.

This odd experience happened one day when I was just brushing my teeth, minding my own business. It was as if I'd received a 'may day' call from the future...

America: The story of La hi Himba

Once I had a three way conversation going with [one of my past selves 'Lahi-himba'] and my future self when future-me was troubled about something going on in the future and I was (will be?) feeling a bit out of my depth, stressed out, etc.
... 'Myself now' reminded 'future self' of the book I have written recently on the topic of love, just stick to basic principles and you can't go wrong, etc. and Lahi-himba chimed in as well telling future-me to remember that we simply don't get pushed around and to stand firm like a mountain and let the rivers flow around as they will (Lahi-himba is very poetic and visual in his imagery - perhaps because he speaks a different language and we must rely on images, metaphors and pictures to communicate

[Or perhaps because he showed me an image of standing on a rocky outcrop of a canyon where 'we' grew up and always lived, with a foot on either side of the rock. A place where two rivers part around a mountain range ... a symbolic border of some kind. It was a fine image to make the point about a feeling of 'permanence' that is untranslatable into 'English' but one that 'all three of us' instantly understood the meaning of
.]

Present-me then got into 'business mode' and told future-me to cancel all appointments, take a break, clear my head of distractions, and go back to basics and remember what it was we were trying to achieve and all would be well. Who knows if 'I' did it, but I got the feeling I did (will do it) and it will all work out OK. (I hope that is all clear! We really don't have a construction in English to cover the future/past tense in this situation!)...

Last edited:
Anyway, so what prompted all this was, I was out at a party the other night with X and it was about time to go home and I very nearly turned to him and said 'Where's the car? Go and see about it would you?'. Somehow in my mind I was thinking that when I was ready to go home my car and driver would come to pick up me and my entourage. It was late and I was tired (that's my excuse). Instead we went out and I flagged down a humble taxi to take us home. :)

On another evening, out and about with one of my other friends, I was having a lovely time dancing and being silly and having fun and the thought came into my head 'better enjoy this now, because in the future you won't be able to do things like this'. The thought was that I should enjoy being an anonymous 'nobody' this life while I could, and the freedom that goes with it.

Does anyone else have future flashes? I've read a few stories in the past.

Yes, in my lessons. I was warned of another political bloodbath that is going to repeat later in possibly my last days.

If you insist that future life progression is safe here goes

During my lessons, I've been warned that another bloodbath could be coming in the last days of this life.

Who by? (ie who gave those warnings).

What is meant by "another bloodbath"?

What timescale do you envision by "last days of this life"? (presumably you mean your current life personally? - so what age are you now?). As in, if I said "last days of this life" - I would mean approximately 25-30 years time (going by my present age).

Tanguerra, your past/present/future "conference call" made me smile and feel very hopeful, and your "where's the car" moment made me laugh! Twilight, I'm also intrigued!

I've been hypnotically progressed on only one occasion, but it was probably the most vivid, detailed, and fascinating hypnosis experience I've ever had. I went into it not even sure that progression was possible, but my mother (and hypnotist!) had been reading about progression and was eager to give it a try. I progressed to two lives, and in both cases "assumed the personality" of the future personalities when answering questions. This initially confused my mother, as it had never happened before in regression, and led to some funny exchanges.

She first progressed me to my "next chronological life" and asked me to begin with a happy moment. I became aware of myself as a young Dutch man. He was just about to present his thesis project for a graduate degree in architecture. The project was a design/visualization of a corporate headquarters, which looked more or less like a streamlined glass bellows (when I woke up, I was able to do a pretty detailed sketch.) He had also designed a complimentary/integrated parkland around the structure, and I remember that he felt that was very important to his overall design--it wasn't just about creating the building, it was about creating a space for the building to inhabit. At the time, he was living in a Western European city, if it had a "historic" center, I could not see it. I had a feeling it was a "rebuild," Rotterdam or the like. He lived in a mid-rise, modern apartment building--he'd selected his apartment because the light was excellent. Everything inside was very spare and white. Present-me thought it looked a bit cold and impersonal, but he loved it. He had a large artwork over the only couch, a black and white 19th century print of the City of Paris, and a large collection of what I would call oversized architecture "coffee table books."

My mother prompted me to move further into the life. I found myself a much older man. He'd had his career as an architect, and though he never retired, his busiest years were behind him. He lived with his wife, and he had a grown child (a son, I believe,) who no longer lived at home. He was in a house he had designed and built, in a beautiful home office. There was a long window all along one side of the room, looking out into a dense, leafy forest. It was a temperate rainforest-looking place, and reminded me strongly of the pacific northwest, though I couldn't say for sure that that is where it was. My mother asked me what this old man thought of the grad student that he once was. He laughed when he considered the question. He considered his younger self quite rigid in his design sensibilities, and a little insensitive. In his later years, he'd embraced the idea of environment, and his designs had taken a turn towards the organic. The home office was entirely natural wood and extremely beautiful. The room had been positioned so that you could see nothing out the window except the beautiful forest environment. That was the aesthetic he was known for at the height of his career, and he'd done well by it. The seeds of it were already present in his younger self--it was just obscured by a lot of steel and glass! This gentleman was quite loquacious on the topic of architectural design, much more so than present-me. He had very strong opinions!

I liked this man a great deal. He was driven and quite focused on his career, but I had a sense his home-life was happy. I don't know the years, but it seemed not too far into the future. The buildings and technology I saw were all recognizable, perhaps 100 years ahead or so.

My mother then prompted me to move forward to the distant future. The result was extremely interesting (if somewhat baffling to her initially!). I'll describe what happened below...

(part 2)

As I became aware of my environment in the distant future, I was able to see a great deal around me, but I wasn't really communicating any of it to my mother. Instead, I just waited for her to ask questions. This time, I really identified with the future identity, and I could feel some of her humor and personality bleeding through into my own. Interestingly, I had the distinct feeling that she was actually aware of me and my mother and taking the time to answer our questions.

I was a woman. My mother asked where I lived--in a community of about 100, a healthy size, with an energy field around it so that animals would not wander in. What was it called--it didn't have a name. What did the streets look like--it didn't have streets. What did the houses look like--white pods made out of fabric, very comfortable. What did I eat--a synthetic substance that provided complete nutrition; it was abhorrent to kill another being to sustain one's physical structure when we were capable to making our own food. Where did we get the food--it was freely available. In a store?--at this, I started laughing pretty hard, because there were no stores or streets or money, or anything remotely similar there. My mother was really struggling to understand what I was seeing, and for whatever reason, I wasn't about to help.

She asked me what I did. I told her that I was an energetic biologist studying the local wildlife, particularly a large herd of bison. At first, she took this to mean that I was a biologist with a lot of energy. In actuality, I explained, I was a scientist who worked as energy. When it was time to visit the herd, I would lay down in my hut and leave my body. The bison were somewhat aware of the presence of my energy body, but they were not unduly disturbed by it. This allowed me to observe them at close quarters, monitor their health and wellbeing, study their relationships. I felt less like a park ranger than a sort of steward. In actuality, the whole planet was a park and the few human settlements were the reserves! We had reintroduced and nurtured all these beautiful species, cleaned away the traces of our long and sometimes ugly habitation. Now, those who still incarnated were caretakers and observers. My mother asked if I preferred being in energetic form. I said no, the body was a pleasure. If we didn't want to incarnate we would move on from the earth plane, like so many others.

This was a peaceful, if somewhat alien, time. It did not feel or look like anything I would have imagined. There was a bit of wistfulness to it all--this woman was going to continue on Earth for as long as people were there; after all, she'd seen the first incarnations on the earth-plane, she wanted to be there to see the last. It reminded me of an elderly person showing up to watch their old grammar school being torn down--many dear memories, but some nostalgia too.

My mother asked me if I had children of my own, but I told her that was not my fulfillment. Others, who found their fulfillment in the generating and rearing of children did this work, which was considered just as worthy and skilled as my scientific endeavors. There were relatively few children, but they were a delight to the community, and all took part in their education. This woman felt very satisfied not to have children; it was simply no longer a societal expectation.

I have no idea how far in the future this life may occur, maybe many thousands of years. I could recognize literally nothing of present times there, aside from the physical form of the people. Even their emotions felt a bit foreign, too steady.

I'll preface this by saying this is only my opinion, but I've long believed that chronological time is an artifact of human perception. Some theoretical physicists and philosophers have posited the same. If that's so, then I don't think future lives are set in stone any more than my current life is. We could all be living at the same "time", influencing one another by our choices. Personally, I choose to believe this because it's both liberating and gives me a sense of responsibility to live well now, not just for myself, but for all my other selves too. Maybe we can all lift each other up if we each try our best. It gives me a hopeful feeling to think that, even if it's mistaken or illusory. Again, could be 100% incorrect, but it helps get me through.

Anyways, cool topic, I loved hearing your stories, Tanguerra. Hope no one minds me sharing my own in such detail and that it didn't veer too far into the weird and fantastical for the mods. This is just what I saw and experienced under hypnosis. Cheers!

Ceridwen said:
Who by? (ie who gave those warnings).
Michael, one of my spirit guides

What is meant by "another bloodbath"?
I have a long history of either getting executed or killed during war.

What timescale do you envision by "last days of this life"? (presumably you mean your current life personally? - so what age are you now?). As in, if I said "last days of this life" - I would mean approximately 25-30 years time (going by my present age).
I'm 20 years olds now, although when I'm around 25-30 years old I was taken to the Municipal Tower where I work and the facility was apparently recovering from a Revolution that took out all of the corrupt Government Officials so things got chaotic workwise, self defense firearms are also welcomed as a protection against armed troublemakers. It doesn't take long before rebels start to protest by bombing skyscrapers.

I'm not sure how to warn of these dangers to my Co Workers for I don't know witch one is open to reincarnation :/ Although I believe that I have a friend who can help if this is completely legit.

tanguerra said:
I too am intrigued to hear more. (Agog!) :)

Crescent1 said:
...Anyways, cool topic, I loved hearing your stories, Tanguerra. Hope no one minds me sharing my own in such detail and that it didn't veer too far into the weird and fantastical for the mods. This is just what I saw and experienced under hypnosis. Cheers!
No. Not at all. I don't think this is too weird or fantastical (no aliens, dragons or unicorns!). On the contrary, that's fascinating stuff Crescent. Wow!

In my one I get the sense that it is in the not-too-distant future. It might be my very next life. It is a time of great political turmoil, up to and possibly including, a world war - or at the very least the brink of one. No wonder I'm frequently a bit 'freaked out' if I'm in some kind of important position while it's all going on.

Sometimes (for a joke) when my friends start talking about 'solving the world's problems' I will say 'just put me in charge! I'll fix it all up in a jiffy!'. I sometimes worry that it's a 'be careful what you wish for' situation and maybe it's unwise to keep saying that out loud, but I'm only half joking. :)

In my present day work and even one of my 'hobbies' I'm very involved in progressive politics, the mechanics of government, and generally trying to 'save the world'. I'm increasingly finding myself on committees and things and have to keep turning people down when they ask me to do more. I voraciously consume news from all sources and spend a lot of time discussing geopolitics. It's one of the things that my friend X and I talk about a great deal when we get together (strangely or not). I am partly, in the back of my mind, thinking that all this is excellent practice if I really might find myself in the future that I keep 'seeing'. I also hope I can retain even some of my ability to recall the past easily, because there is access to great wisdom there in all my experiences over thousands of years.

Twilight said:
...I'm not sure how to warn of these dangers to my Co Workers for I don't know which one is open to reincarnation :/ Although I believe that I have a friend who can help if this is completely legit.
Gosh. I don't know if you can warn anyone or if they would believe you anyway. Perhaps it's best to get yourself on the 'security committee' or a 'fire warden' or something like that and make sure your evacuation plans are all up to scratch? If it doesn't transpire as you see it, great! If it does, at least you're prepared.

tanguerra said:
Gosh. I don't know if you can warn anyone or if they would believe you anyway. Perhaps it's best to get yourself on the 'security committee' or a 'fire warden' or something like that and make sure your evacuation plans are all up to scratch? If it doesn't transpire as you see it, great! If it does, at least you're prepared.
Thank you so much ^_^

You're welcome Twilight.

For people interested in this topic here is something I came across a while ago. Dr Helen Wambach embarked on a project, originally aimed at disproving reincarnation. She was trained as a Freudian psychiatrist. Like several other psychiatrists have also done, she kept finding her patients, on being regressed back to childhood, would keep bouncing into a past life, much to her annoyance and mystification. She didn't think this was possible and was looking for another explanation - such as imagination or suggestion - to explain it.

Thousands of people were regressed under hypnosis to the same year in the 1800s, following the same formula, and asked the same questions, by different hypnotists in a 'double blind' experiment. The original hypothesis was that they would all think they were royalty or that nothing but outlandish stories would emerge. In fact the results astonished the researchers with their historical accuracy and 'ordinariness'. Yes, there were a couple of 'aristocrats', but most people were humble folk. Class, age and gender all matched the demographics of the time exactly. People described household implements, their food, occupations and so forth, even coming up with facts that had to be researched because they were not well known, but always proved accurate.

So, undaunted, still hoping to disprove reincarnation, they decided to 'regress' thousands of people to the future. The results were astonishing. I think they year chosen was 2100. In almost all cases the world's population was greatly diminished due to different, but all serious, disasters - natural or man made. But the survivors fell into four distinct scenarios:

1. 'Hippy'-types who lived an ecological lifestyle in harmony with the Earth.

2. A 'high tech' world of dome-covered cities that offered protection against a hostile outside environment.

3. Small bands survivors living in the rubble of once-great cities.

4. 'Other' - there were some really 'out there' ones that defied categorisation - other 'realms' I guess you'd say.

So, this would seem to indicate that the future is not a long straight road, but more like a forking fractal pattern.

There is a book about it called 'Mass Dreams of the Future' for those who want more information about all this and it is fascinating and well worth getting hold of. It's on Amazon.com. A word of caution, if you google this you will find a lot of nonsense written about it by various people, so I suggest you try to find Helen Wambach's own account of it, or get hold of the book itself. However, this is a reasonably sensible discussion of it: Hypnotic Progression

Thanks for both posting your future life and the above research.The idea of reincarnation is one oldest beliefs.I think I have may have read it here but DR Brian Weiss did a future progression.Most of the futures were of a earth with less population than now.

shadowsofmypast said:
I had a wild idea I wrote about.
That I would become my future daughter .
Possibly, it does take 9 months for a baby to develop in the womb. :) I don't see why not

Now for whatever it is worth ... onetime I heard from a gifted medicine teacher which I have not forgotten, that in the future or near future at some point, it will be hard to come back for awhile into a human body. This is like what Twilight was talking about above with regards to a future bloodbath. It goes along with that sometime in our future or should I say 'Near Future', there will be a great downsizing in the human population. And for awhile after this, it will be hard to come back because of the so few people that will be around on this Earth.

Could say more but will leave it at this. Wishing Everyone the Best!

kmatjhwy said:
... onetime I heard from a gifted medicine teacher which I have not forgotten, that in the future or near future at some point, it will be hard to come back for awhile into a human body. ......... It goes along with that sometime in our future or should I say 'Near Future', there will be a great downsizing in the human population. And for awhile after this, it will be hard to come back because of the so few people that will be around on this Earth.
I have a memory of a conversation in 1981 where something along this line was mentioned. I was sitting with a small group of friends and we were all 'military age' so the subject of a possible future conflict came up. They were all 'guessing' at where and when the next major conflict for the U.S was going to occur. At one point I told them, "You all wrong. It is going to come after an apparent attack on a major city from a small country called Afghanistan." At the time, Russia was in a conflict so everyone thought that Russia was going to win and attack America from there. I told them, "No, Russia is going to lose and pull out." My friends because curious due to my confidence. I wasn't guessing. I knew. Spirit had turned on inside of me and I was seeing 'visions' of the future. My friends didn't believe me - and we made a '$1' bet that the next major conflict from an official declaration of war that would last beyond a year - would be Afghanistan. My friends became curious - not so much because they believed me as much as they saw how 'confident and assured" I was that it was a 'given fact.' It was a given fact to me because it was coming from a 'spirit' with authority to show me the visions.

We got into a Q and A session with the understanding that I was just a 'medium' and repeating what the 'spirit' was 'whispering' into my ear silently. I told my friends, "When this voice comes to me in the name it does - it is just like God saying it to my ear. I ain't no fool and ain't going to call God a liar. Ya'll can if you want, but that is on you."

I was able to give them 'visual' predictions for a decade of 'news events' - which have all came to pass including the winners of the 2010 Superbowl. We were focused on our 'generation' (or near future) and America. They wanted to know about the 'world' and beyond 2010. Spirit switched gears with me and the visions started coming to me in a 'spiritual form' similar to what I would see in a NDE. When I looked back on the world in my NDE - I didn't see it as a chunck of rock floating in space. I saw it as a 'living entity.' There was a 'vision' shown to me and then I was told to 'speak' my own mind and give them my personal impression. All the other visions were 'physical' or 'worldly.' I would 'see' the headlines, hear the 'news' and then see the action in a physical way. For that - I was absolutely confident in what I was seeing, hearing and translating to their ears and minds. I was staring off in space and 'gasping' and saying 'Wow. Gosh. That's weird." I was in a trance state for a few minutes and when I snapped out of it - I was trying to find words to express what I had seen. It is very hard to translate spirit into worldly language. I knew this and warned my friends it was just an interpretation that could be on the money or off the mark some. I told them,

"The population of the world is going to be greatly reduce in a very short amount of time. I mean short, like almost overnight. One day it is crowded and it is almost like the next day - it remote and thin. The world as we know it - will change drastically in a very, very, short amount of time."

To be continued........

....continued

I was trying to explain to my friends what I went through when I was in the 'trance' like state. It was similar to being in a NDE. I told them I referred to the world as 'darkness' while in my NDE. So, to see it correctly, you had to have 'night goggle' visions. I told them it was like I was 'whisked' away to the fighter jet cockpit and I had computerized like screens with various information in front of me.

I had spoken to my friends about reincarnation prior to this. They didn't have any firm belief for or against. I told them,

"You really have to have some sort of foundation of understanding about reincarnation to measure the graphs and charts I had access to during that trance."

I told them that the 'spirits' of those who disappeared would be put into 'limbo' for a time on the other side. I told them that those left behind in the would change the world because they would become 'enlightened' to the truth unlike anything in the history of mankind. I told them,

"Those that disappear are the ones that are sort of 'stuck in the mud' in the cycles of incarnations. Parents in the future are going to be accepting of the fact that the children born into the world after that are going to need specialized attention with the understanding they have 'trauma' associated with the previous lives."

My friends had a 'doomsday' attitude. I told them,

"It is a cleansing and purification process. The world will be a better place for it in the generations that follow afterwards."

I warned my friends that I didn't know for sure but that was the best interpretation I could offer on the limited resources I had at my disposal during that trance. Spirit never stopped me or corrected me, but again when they told me to speak my mind they wouldn't correct me if I had been wrong.

The other decade of physical visions I had access to - I was 100% confident in them. This one - I was 75% confident I had interpreted it correctly but since 'spirit' didn't endorse it with their voice of approval - I didn't know for sure.

Reading your post kmatjhwy -- reminded me of that conversation from 1981. I felt from that 'vision' that it was possible for the belief in 'reincarnation' to become the norm in the world at some point in the future.....and raising children would be with that understanding.

Sincerely,

DKing

This is all very interesting. When Weiss sent our group forward, he did in increments. This was in 2003 so 100 years in the future would be 2103. I had walked out onto an open and empty, plains with mountains in the distance and remember thinking that it was strangely empty. No people or cities.

The 500 years or 2503 was a satellite view of North America with some very altered coastlines.

At 1,000 years or 3003 - I was male. That's all I got for that time.

Weiss also made an interesting comment. He said that he was not going to take the group out further than 1,000 years as there seemed to be a ceiling of sorts. He couldn't get anyone past 10,000 years into the future. What that may mean, I don't know.

DKing,

Do you think that is why so many children are now enlightened and so many can now communicate with those who have passed on, or is it just that we are all more aware of each other because of the internet?

As always, thanks for posting. You keep my mind spinning. God Bless You!

DKing, your posts are always interesting and thought provoking.

It never occurred to me that progression might be possible, even though I do refer to my higher self as "already outside time." In fact, that was the first element of reincarnation I believed in, though I saw it through a limiting, religious filter at the time.

Personally, the idea of seeing the future in this life seems like more of a burden than a gift. Of all the psychic abilities, it's the one I would avoid practicing if I could. Once one knows of a dire future event, it becomes something to act upon ... but when there is little one can do to change anything in reality, then what is the point of knowing?

However, another life in the future ... would be interesting for the sake of curiosity. I might learn something about why I reincarnate the way I do. Hmm... A possibility to keep in mind, anyway. :rolleyes:

kmatjhwy said:
Now for whatever it is worth ... onetime I heard from a gifted medicine teacher which I have not forgotten, that in the future or near future at some point, it will be hard to come back for awhile into a human body. This is like what Twilight was talking about above with regards to a future bloodbath. It goes along with that sometime in our future or should I say 'Near Future', there will be a great downsizing in the human population. And for awhile after this, it will be hard to come back because of the so few people that will be around on this Earth.
Could say more but will leave it at this. Wishing Everyone the Best!
It would be interesting to hear more on this...

It's a thought I've come across more than once. I don't know what to think personally on that...

It has just struck me that, IF I were one of the people who believed one has to come back to Earth again for another life or lives then I might be quite happy to think that, as less bodies to inhabit would reduce the chances of being forced back to Earth again.

As someone who believes I will make a free choice about this and have already decided not to come back again, then I can view this totally dispassionately and am not particularly concerned one way or another whether this is the case - other than I don't wish to think that a lot of people might get "blasted" at pretty much the same time in some sort of major war or pollution incident.

Thankyou DKing for sharing! Now what you had to say goes along with what I had heard. Now that is very interesting in what you said about the raising of children in the future. I personally had not heard this tidbit before now.

Now one thought on this, is something that I have heard from certain Native American Elders. One of these elders is Chief Arvol Looking Horse of the Lakota who is the current carrier of the sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe. But they say that what is coming is the Purification of the Planet Earth. Also they say that in the future that global humanity will come to a 'Crossroads'. We as global humanity are now at the 'Crossroads'. At the 'Crossroads', global humanity will have to make a choice in which path to follow. One path is the path of peace and love, whereby we will have to forsake our material greeds and choose to live in balance and harmony with each other, our animal relations, and the planet. This first path would light the fire of Eternal Peace and Love. Now the other path is the path in which global humanity has walked in which we continue with our material greeds, continue with our divisions and hatreds, and wars and such. And we do not think of the path of peace, balance and harmony, if we choose this second path where we continue with our greeds then much much much destruction will follow. Now with this in what they say is to me interesting for what is coming will be the result of the choice of global humanity. And it seems just to me that global humanity is choosing poorly! But in general they say what is coming is the Purification of the Planet Earth.

Now this makes sense to me. For myself it is like what happened to the Buffalo. The Buffalo had their time when their population was drastically downsized. Now the time is coming when the downsizing of the population of us Human Two Leggeds will happen.

In something else that I had heard, that at sometime in the future ... human progress will not be measured anymore in material terms but in spiritual terms. Humanity will stay living simple lives with the earth but progress will be measured in things concerning the Spirit and Spiritual Things.

Wishing Everyone the Best!

Hmmm...some interesting thoughts re the buffalo.

I am now trying to recall the history book I read analysing what has basically been happening.

I think it was Clive Ponting (a well-known former high-ranking British civil servant) who wrote a book about the cycles of human history. I cant recall the name of the book at the moment, but it made a lot of sense to me.

His basic argument (as I read it) was of things going in cycles so to say and that humans have a huge tendency to grab way too much of whatever resources they have available to them (whatever country they live and whatever era of human history they live in). I do recall him giving as examples Easter Island (where there was apparently lots of trees available for wood - but, because of some inexplicable tendency by the inhabitants of those islands to build those statue faces they built and use up this resource for a method of taking the materials for those statues from one place to another they "blasted" their civilisation out of existence).

The other example I recall was him stating that there had been huge herds of buffalo at one point not so far back in human history, but the same thing happened again (ie humans over-using the resources available to them and they killed darn nearly the lot).

With that, it wasn't some extraneous factor that caused the virtual demise of the buffalo - it was us as a species being as greedy as we usually arecover face

So, it's not like the buffalo population was downsized by something outside ourselves - it was us and our fault. With that, any apparent external factor that "downsizes" us as a human race will be us and our fault in all probability (ie not some external event, like an asteroid belting into our planet at a rate of knots and killing most of us off) imo.

I do agree, however, that this looks to me like a Pivot Point in human history where we have two choices. Those choices boiling down to "Grow up or blow up" (blow up as being taken as the "youngsters" as I call them blast many of us out of existence with their wars and pollution incidents).

I do hope we will all Grow Up and push all else to the sidelines now. I don't feel very optimistic personally, as I believe the youngsters are in the vast majority - but I very much hope I am wrong on this.

Yes Ceridwen, this to me also seems to me like such a 'Pivot Point' in human history. We as 'Global Humanity' together have such an opportunity but also so much to lose. We together today seem so much in need to choose wisely in my opinion.

I love the Buffalo! I have looked at them in the past and then they would stare at me and in my mind, heard the phrase ... "Your time is coming for you Human Two Leggeds where your populations will be downsized like it happened to us". Now take this for whatever it is worth!

Now one other thing that have heard on regards to the future. This is more of a side note to the above which do think about personally. And this can work collectively or individually. It is that the future is never written in stone! There are choices and one's choice has consequences. The future is like the fingers on one's hand with many possible futures. There are some more prominent, like the big fingers, and becoming more of a probable future by the way one is going in the present and the likely outcome. And there are less likely or less probable futures being like the small fingers. Just one person and one's own personal choice can have an impact. And just one small choice or decision in one's life can have an impact in the future of our lives. At any given moment each of us have a number of possible futures. And that one's future or our overall given future is never written in stone in my opinion. There are many possible futures with some being more probable and some less probable. So it is important for each of us to choose wisely! This is just my opinion and outlook on things which am sharing.

Hope this make sense. Again just my opinion. Wishing Everyone the Best!

"The Butterfly Effect".

I recall a science fiction story that I read many years ago that stuck in my mind. The gist of it was that, at some point in the future, people were able to time-travel back to the past and some of them duly did so at intervals for a spot of "Big Game Hunting".

It was clearly indicated to them which particular examples of Big Game they could shoot (ie because it had been established that they were just about to die anyway and therefore the course of history wouldn't be affected by them being killed shortly beforehand anyway).

These Big Game Hunters from the Future were told what the specificied path was that they had to walk on and that they mustn't deviate from it at all, in case they changed the path of history in any way.

However, one of them accidentally stepped off the path and stepped on a butterfly.

Tiny tiny little incident.

He then went back to his own time after this incident and found that, instead of Mr Good Guy being in charge and society being relatively okay that Mr Bad Guy Opponent was instead and society was noticeably worse because of it. All this because of this tiny insignificant little incident of him accidentally stepping on the butterfly.

Okay...that particular cake was over-egged to hammer home the point and such a tiny little incident wouldn't change the course of history in the event, but the point was made that even small incidents could potentially change the course of history. Imagine, for instance, if Hitler had had a nanny that had fed him something that had poisoned him in his cot at baby age, then we all know that tiny little incident would have changed the course of history vastly for instance.

Hence, I do tend to agree that things aren't written in stone - either for us personally or for Society as a whole. There are always options and which one comes up will depend on a lot of different factors.

Mere Dreamer said:
Personally, the idea of seeing the future in this life seems like more of a burden than a gift. Of all the psychic abilities, it's the one I would avoid practicing if I could. Once one knows of a dire future event, it becomes something to act upon ... but when there is little one can do to change anything in reality, then what is the point of knowing?
Exactly. I expressed this once on an email list I belonged to for the NDE. That I thought the whole 'future memory' thing was a burden. This upset a lot of people who felt I should look at the NDE as nothing but glorious and divine. The out of body segment but the coming back part was anything but. (From what I am recalling of it any way.)

I was trying to think how the whole thing got started as far as being about to 'see' (or sense) the death's of various people.

At the age of 7 I was friends with another cardiac patient who was my age. He didn't survive his condition. The Doctors had warned his family he only had a short time to live and everyone prepared themselves for it the best they could. After he passed everyone said the same thing. They were thankful they had time to 'prepare' themselves for it rather than it to be an 'unexpected shock.' I was constantly having NDE's where I would cross over and get access to such 'classified information' or formulate a 'path' from the unconscious to the conscious mind about it. The first person I approached was an Uncle. It just came up in a conversation and I asked him, "Don't you want to prepare yourself and everyone else so it won't be so bad for everyone?"

I felt I had access to the information of when, how and where everyone in my family was going to pass away and when I tried to share that information with most of them they would hit the roof. By the time I got to my Grandmother, I knew it was a loaded subject so I 'hinted' at the subject to see where her mind was on the matter. Instead of saying "I know when your time is going to come" I said, "If a body and mind knew about another persons end time, would you want them to share that information with your or keep it to themselves." She expressed her concerns about being alone and I eventually told her, "You don't have to worry about going alone. I will be there holding your hand. I will be the last person you see before you take your trip home. I can promise you - you will NOT be alone." I was 8 years old when I told her that and 30 years later I was holding her hand when she passed away.When I was a child I thought I was trying to help people with that event and got confused when people got upset about the subject and turned from it.

Then I met a girl when I was 20, we feel deeply in love and I started getting 'visions' of newspaper headlines announcing her 'murder.' I did everything in my power to stop that event from coming to pass and no matter what I did it just played right into the destiny set for her. That is when I decided this 'seeing the future' business was no business I want to be involved in. It was not something I felt I controlled at that time in my life. I asked God NOT to allow that to happen again in my life if it could be avoided. It happened again in 1988 and the person I fell in love with only had a short time to live and I knew this. This time around, I never burdened them with the prophetic insight I walked with. I did ask them the same question I asked my Grandmother. (If someone knew would you want to know or have it come as a surprise?) I lost count of the 'friends' or 'loved ones' I had prior knowledge of their passing. (Not counting family) A rough guess is 8. They were all young. And yes, each and every time I was I had to wrestle with the thought could I have done something to have prevented their demise.

I think your very wise to see this aspect of it for yourself without having to learn that the hard way.

Sincerely,

DKing

Back