• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

The Pantheon in Rome?

StillLearning1961

Hi All -
Thanks for reading my debut post and for providing any feedback: We just returned from a second trip to Rome, where once again I was moved to tears at the Pantheon (not to be confused with the Greek Parthenon in Athens), Emperor Hadrian's magnificent rotunda that's been a Catholic Church now since the 7th Century CE. The first time we visited about five years ago, it was summertime and the temple was crawling with afternoon tourists. As soon as I entered and began walking the floor, those around me "disappeared" from my consciousness leaving me feeling as if I were, in essence, alone (I know it sounds dissociative, but I'm not prone to episodes of that nature). I found my eyes brimming and my heart swelling as if I'd returned home. Before we left town I insisted on visiting the Pantheon again (twice in two days) where the feeling was even stronger. Fast forward to last week: Without consulting a map, we stumbled upon the Pantheon again (it's like a magnet that pulls me through the labyrinthian city), and we sat at an outdoor cafe and shared a bottle of prosecco. My husband (I'm a gay man) asked me what I knew about the Pantheon and again, I just started crying; My throat choked-up and I could not finish my sentences and my eyes were streaming tears (as they are now as I write this). All I can say is it's a feeling of deep grief, deep loss, deep familiarity, and deep love. Strangely, I have avoided the Coliseum on each trip and have no desire to see that structure. I should also add that in high school I finished four years of Latin in three years, and in college I took two semesters of Egyptian Hieroglyphs, so I have a natural inclination toward the Classics. I also had a medium tell me, some years ago, that I was once a centurion (or more specifically a Lictor). I feel very strongly that I once lived as a Roman, but the task of narrowing time and era is daunting due to its two-millennia history. Any resources or suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you!!

SeaAndSky

Senior Registered
Hi Still,

The "best" way to explore this type of thing is generally considered to be via an experienced PL regressionist. Many on the board used Youtube regression videos (with mixed success). Some find various types of meditation help to recover memories (and these are detailed elsewhere on the board). Good luck in your journey!

Cordially,
S&S

PS--This sounds like PL memory to me, based on the strong and unexplained emotional content. Some might say that as someone who has an evident interest in the language of ancient Rome, etc. your emotional response might be predictable. However, a fan of Hollywood does not necessarily break into tears while touring, nor would I (as someone with a Physics background) burst into tears visiting an "Einstein Lived Here" site. This sounds like the response of someone returning to a place they knew and loved . . . a very long time ago. But, just my opinion. :cool:

Polaris8

Senior Registered
Hi All -
Thanks for reading my debut post and for providing any feedback: We just returned from a second trip to Rome, where once again I was moved to tears at the Pantheon (not to be confused with the Greek Parthenon in Athens), Emperor Hadrian's magnificent rotunda that's been a Catholic Church now since the 7th Century CE. The first time we visited about five years ago, it was summertime and the temple was crawling with afternoon tourists. As soon as I entered and began walking the floor, those around me "disappeared" from my consciousness leaving me feeling as if I were, in essence, alone (I know it sounds dissociative, but I'm not prone to episodes of that nature). I found my eyes brimming and my heart swelling as if I'd returned home. Before we left town I insisted on visiting the Pantheon again (twice in two days) where the feeling was even stronger. Fast forward to last week: Without consulting a map, we stumbled upon the Pantheon again (it's like a magnet that pulls me through the labyrinthian city), and we sat at an outdoor cafe and shared a bottle of prosecco. My husband (I'm a gay man) asked me what I knew about the Pantheon and again, I just started crying; My throat choked-up and I could not finish my sentences and my eyes were streaming tears (as they are now as I write this). All I can say is it's a feeling of deep grief, deep loss, deep familiarity, and deep love. Strangely, I have avoided the Coliseum on each trip and have no desire to see that structure. I should also add that in high school I finished four years of Latin in three years, and in college I took two semesters of Egyptian Hieroglyphs, so I have a natural inclination toward the Classics. I also had a medium tell me, some years ago, that I was once a centurion (or more specifically a Lictor). I feel very strongly that I once lived as a Roman, but the task of narrowing time and era is daunting due to its two-millennia history. Any resources or suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you!!
StillLearning,

I agree with SeaAndSky on this. I would look into a good, experienced PL regressionist. As it sounds like being in Rome triggered a past life memory which came to the surface. Traveling aboard sometimes does this. I had a similar experience while in Scotland. I was visiting the Isle of Skye there with a friend. For a while I was enjoying the breath-taking views from there but shortly after I started feeling strange. I was at first melancholy and sad for no reason looking out at the ocean while feeling the cold wind hit my face and looking down at the ocean as it crashed upon the cliffs below. Then I became suddenly struck with extreme sadness as if a dark cloud came over me. I then became very ill and sick to my stomach. I had to excuses myself from the group and go back to the hotel. I brush it off as perhaps eating something that did not sit well with me during lunch.

A few years later after the trip I have a PL session with a professional regressionist. During the session it was discovered that I had a PL in the Isle of Skye Scotland. It was sometime during the early part of the Middle Ages back then. I was female at the time as was in love with a man that my family did not want me to marry because we were from rival clans at the time. Later he had to go to war which I knew I would never see him again. I was young then around my early 20's. I was tall, thin and had red hair and green eyes. I spoke broken Gaelic during the session. Which in this life I don't speak that language. I was to marry a man that I did not love or even know as he was from another part of our clan. I ended up committing suicide by throwing myself off the cliff at the Isle of Skye.

After the session they played back the tape recording. It was a bit unnerving to hear myself speak Gaelic. However, being the opposite gender did not affect me because I know as soul, we have no gender as I am male in this lifetime. It all made sense to me has every time I hear music spoken in Gaelic, I become melancholy for no reason. It's hard to describe. It's like getting in touch with apart of yourself from a past consciousness you once had that is still apart of you but hidden deep inside.

As I understand it, we are all a total sum of everything thing we have ever experience in our past lives up to this point as soul. Which is what makes us all individuals. So, when you feel strong enough inwardly, I would explore this further with someone who is a professional and someone you can trust.

Good luck on your journey...

Love and peace.

Polaris.

I

Ocean

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi StillLearning, welcome to the forum!

I feel very strongly that I once lived as a Roman, but the task of narrowing time and era is daunting due to its two-millennia history. Any resources or suggestions are very much appreciated.

You’re right. If it’s just anything Roman that feels familiar, it’s hard to find out the time and era of a possible past life because of the long Roman history. But you already have a good clue IMO. Obviously, the Pantheon triggered a strong emotional reaction, probably a connection to a past life, so it’s not far fetched that your past life was in a time when this building already existed.

It would also be interesting to know why you were avoiding the Colosseum. It was built a few decades before the current building of the Pantheon. Was it just not important to you in your past life? Or is it connected to some bad experiences maybe? Do you have any idea?

Buildings and places are a good clue to the time and era. So are historical events or famous people. Ask yourself: Is there anything or anyone in Roman history you feel strongly about or feel some kind of connection to? Or maybe there’s a social class or a profession you feel most familiar with? Or a lifestyle or some special clothing?

You might read up on Roman history, of course, and see if there is something that triggers memories or emotions. Yes, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. But you already had one strong emotional response, so there is chance you’ll find more like this. Because of the long history, it is also possible you had more than one past life in Ancient Rome. Keep that in mind, also.

Of course, there is always the risk of influencing yourself when you do a lot of research. It’s better to have some actual memories first, then trying to verify them. So you might want to try self-regression or meditation first, as S&S has suggested.

As you had Latin classes in high-school, try to think back. I assume you read some classical Latin literature in class and did some history, too. Was there anything back then that triggered emotions or felt familiar at once maybe? This could be a clue, too.

I wouldn’t rely on sources from outside like psychics much, though. What they said is something you can consider and keep in the back of your mind. But it’s more reliable to find the answers within yourself, to have your own memories.

As for myself, I’ve always felt much attracted to Ancient Rome, too, and much familiar with it. But for me it was always the Republic that was most interesting, the Empire not so much. I like everything Roman, but I feel pretty indifferent towards the Colosseum and the Pantheon, for example, that didn’t exist during Republican times.
Like you, I've always felt I must have lived in Ancient Rome once. But although I have some actual memories, I’m still not sure about any time or place really. Possibly I was around there several times.
Anyway, I also had a few years of Latin classes in high-school. Needless to say I liked it much. But it was not like this for everybody else in my class. There were so many of my classmates who hated Latin classes and who I needed to help to pass the exams somehow… ;)

If you want to read about other's past lives in Ancient Rome, here are some interesting threads:

https://reincarnationforum.com/threads/past-lives-in-roman-republic-and-empire.5544/

https://reincarnationforum.com/threads/seeking-other-romans.67/

Did you have any memories of other past lives before? Or is this the first possible past life you would remember?

Best regards

StillLearning1961

Hi Still,

The "best" way to explore this type of thing is generally considered to be via an experienced PL regressionist. Many on the board used Youtube regression videos (with mixed success). Some find various types of meditation help to recover memories (and these are detailed elsewhere on the board). Good luck in your journey!

Cordially,
S&S

PS--This sounds like PL memory to me, based on the strong and unexplained emotional content. Some might say that as someone who has an evident interest in the language of ancient Rome, etc. your emotional response might be predictable. However, a fan of Hollywood does not necessarily break into tears while touring, nor would I (as someone with a Physics background) burst into tears visiting an "Einstein Lived Here" site. This sounds like the response of someone returning to a place they knew and loved . . . a very long time ago. But, just my opinion. :cool:
Dear Sea & Sand,
My apologies for the tardy reply to your prompt suggestions and POV. Thanks for the referral to the YouTube regression videos; I think this is a great place to start; I've been professionally 'regressed' a few times, so I know I'm susceptible to hypnosis, but I've not tried to regress myself in this manner. Although the lifetime(s) in Rome did not present themselves during my prior regressions, a trusted medium years ago "saw" me as a Centurian, and during my Latin classes (nearly fifty years ago) I associated strongly with the word "Lictor" which was a special class of Roman guard. I do not, however, associate myself with the cruelty of the Roman soldiers (who had to carry out the orders of government officials, sometimes in very bloody ways), so this may also be the basis for my sadness: If I had to kill, maim, punish, torture, imprison anyone (human or animal) this would also explain my feelings of bereavement and grief. Iam looking forward to the coming week when I will have some time to myself to utilize the YouTube videos you've suggested. Thank you, Sea & Sand, so very much!

StillLearning1961

Hi StillLearning, welcome to the forum!

You’re right. If it’s just anything Roman that feels familiar, it’s hard to find out the time and era of a possible past life because of the long Roman history. But you already have a good clue IMO. Obviously, the Pantheon triggered a strong emotional reaction, probably a connection to a past life, so it’s not far fetched that your past life was in a time when this building already existed.

It would also be interesting to know why you were avoiding the Colosseum. It was built a few decades before the current building of the Pantheon. Was it just not important to you in your past life? Or is it connected to some bad experiences maybe? Do you have any idea?

Buildings and places are a good clue to the time and era. So are historical events or famous people. Ask yourself: Is there anything or anyone in Roman history you feel strongly about or feel some kind of connection to? Or maybe there’s a social class or a profession you feel most familiar with? Or a lifestyle or some special clothing?

You might read up on Roman history, of course, and see if there is something that triggers memories or emotions. Yes, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. But you already had one strong emotional response, so there is chance you’ll find more like this. Because of the long history, it is also possible you had more than one past life in Ancient Rome. Keep that in mind, also.

Of course, there is always the risk of influencing yourself when you do a lot of research. It’s better to have some actual memories first, then trying to verify them. So you might want to try self-regression or meditation first, as S&S has suggested.

As you had Latin classes in high-school, try to think back. I assume you read some classical Latin literature in class and did some history, too. Was there anything back then that triggered emotions or felt familiar at once maybe? This could be a clue, too.

I wouldn’t rely on sources from outside like psychics much, though. What they said is something you can consider and keep in the back of your mind. But it’s more reliable to find the answers within yourself, to have your own memories.

As for myself, I’ve always felt much attracted to Ancient Rome, too, and much familiar with it. But for me it was always the Republic that was most interesting, the Empire not so much. I like everything Roman, but I feel pretty indifferent towards the Colosseum and the Pantheon, for example, that didn’t exist during Republican times.
Like you, I've always felt I must have lived in Ancient Rome once. But although I have some actual memories, I’m still not sure about any time or place really. Possibly I was around there several times.
Anyway, I also had a few years of Latin classes in high-school. Needless to say I liked it much. But it was not like this for everybody else in my class. There were so many of my classmates who hated Latin classes and who I needed to help to pass the exams somehow… ;)

If you want to read about other's past lives in Ancient Rome, here are some interesting threads:

https://reincarnationforum.com/threads/past-lives-in-roman-republic-and-empire.5544/

https://reincarnationforum.com/threads/seeking-other-romans.67/

Did you have any memories of other past lives before? Or is this the first possible past life you would remember?

Best regards
Dear Ocean (I'm going to split this reply into two replies as it's over the 6000-character limit.)
Oh! So much to unpack here. Thank you! My feeling is that there were many lifetimes during the Roman Republic/Empire, and I'm going to employ S&S's suggestion to utilize those YouTube regression videos. I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that I'm not going to want to explore certain aspects of those lifetimes: e.g. slavery, constant warring, and all the violence (I am a pacifist in this lifetime, and I haven't eaten red meat (mammal) since 1992). The Romans could be especially brutal to innocents, and that really goes against my heart and my values.
Regarding the Colosseum: I've been to Rome twice with my husband (I'm gay) and both times when he suggested seeing the Colosseum I replied flatly: "No." I did, however, NEED to see the Villa Adriana (Hadrian's Villa) in Tivoli (we spent some time in Hadrian's Mausoleum on the last trip, and it resonated strongly with me); we were both saddened by the manner in which the many buildings within the Villa's complex had been completely stripped of its marble, bronzes, mosaics, fountains, etc. I remarked to my husband that it was "...like viewing Elizabeth Taylor's bones", if you'll pardon the gruesome analogy. But it felt comforting to be strolling amidst the trees and pathways imagining how magnificent the Villa had once been. (continued...)

StillLearning1961

Dear Ocean (I'm going to split this reply into two replies as it's over the 6000-character limit.)
Oh! So much to unpack here. Thank you! My feeling is that there were many lifetimes during the Roman Republic/Empire, and I'm going to employ S&S's suggestion to utilize those YouTube regression videos. I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that I'm not going to want to explore certain aspects of those lifetimes: e.g. slavery, constant warring, and all the violence (I am a pacifist in this lifetime, and I haven't eaten red meat (mammal) since 1992). The Romans could be especially brutal to innocents, and that really goes against my heart and my values.
Regarding the Colosseum: I've been to Rome twice with my husband (I'm gay) and both times when he suggested seeing the Colosseum I replied flatly: "No." I did, however, NEED to see the Villa Adriana (Hadrian's Villa) in Tivoli (we spent some time in Hadrian's Mausoleum on the last trip, and it resonated strongly with me); we were both saddened by the manner in which the many buildings within the Villa's complex had been completely stripped of its marble, bronzes, mosaics, fountains, etc. I remarked to my husband that it was "...like viewing Elizabeth Taylor's bones", if you'll pardon the gruesome analogy. But it felt comforting to be strolling amidst the trees and pathways imagining how magnificent the Villa had once been. (continued...)
So yes, I identify strongly with Hadrian as an emperor and his relationship with his beloved, doomed Antinous.
Regarding professions: I am a retired teacher in this lifetime, a profession I enjoyed very much (up until the pandemic, which was a game-changer). I am also a writer and have written five books (four novels and one nonfiction); one of those novels, "Wide Asleep" (my pen name is Nick Nolan) explores the relationship between Hadrian and Antinous, who've reunited in several past lifetimes and are now living in present day. BTW, I've never taken a writing class and somehow my novels have garnered five Book of the Year awards (I do not say this to brag, but rather to illustrate how past life occupations/passions can illuminate one's present lifetime), and one even hit #1 in the UK and #12 in the USA following its publication in 2010. I write because I love writing and completely lose myself in it. Yes: Influencing oneself with research can taint one's investigations, but I'm pretty attuned to ascertaining when it's real and when it's wishful thinking...although it's a very fine line. Regarding Latin classes: We were translating some heavy writings back then: Ovid and Catullus and books in the Bible. But I can't remember any that specifically resonated for me. But thanks for the suggestion! I was pleased, when in Rome recently, that I was still able to decipher Latin inscriptions on several of the buildings. Funny that you were a "Go-to" in your Latin classes, Ocean! I also recall helping some of the others who were struggling, as many of my classmates were anything but enthralled with their studies (Remember this? "Latin is a dead language, as dead as dead can be; it killed the Ancient Romans, and now it's killing me."). I will joyfully delve into the PL threads about Rome you've provided below! Thank you so much! Sincerely grateful,
SL

StillLearning1961

StillLearning,

I agree with SeaAndSky on this. I would look into a good, experienced PL regressionist. As it sounds like being in Rome triggered a past life memory which came to the surface. Traveling aboard sometimes does this. I had a similar experience while in Scotland. I was visiting the Isle of Skye there with a friend. For a while I was enjoying the breath-taking views from there but shortly after I started feeling strange. I was at first melancholy and sad for no reason looking out at the ocean while feeling the cold wind hit my face and looking down at the ocean as it crashed upon the cliffs below. Then I became suddenly struck with extreme sadness as if a dark cloud came over me. I then became very ill and sick to my stomach. I had to excuses myself from the group and go back to the hotel. I brush it off as perhaps eating something that did not sit well with me during lunch.

A few years later after the trip I have a PL session with a professional regressionist. During the session it was discovered that I had a PL in the Isle of Skye Scotland. It was sometime during the early part of the Middle Ages back then. I was female at the time as was in love with a man that my family did not want me to marry because we were from rival clans at the time. Later he had to go to war which I knew I would never see him again. I was young then around my early 20's. I was tall, thin and had red hair and green eyes. I spoke broken Gaelic during the session. Which in this life I don't speak that language. I was to marry a man that I did not love or even know as he was from another part of our clan. I ended up committing suicide by throwing myself off the cliff at the Isle of Skye.

After the session they played back the tape recording. It was a bit unnerving to hear myself speak Gaelic. However, being the opposite gender did not affect me because I know as soul, we have no gender as I am male in this lifetime. It all made sense to me has every time I hear music spoken in Gaelic, I become melancholy for no reason. It's hard to describe. It's like getting in touch with apart of yourself from a past consciousness you once had that is still apart of you but hidden deep inside.

As I understand it, we are all a total sum of everything thing we have ever experience in our past lives up to this point as soul. Which is what makes us all individuals. So, when you feel strong enough inwardly, I would explore this further with someone who is a professional and someone you can trust.

Good luck on your journey...

Love and peace.

Polaris.

I
Dear Polaris8,
Thank you for your response. Your experience touched me and made my eyes tear-up, as what you wrote felt very 'real' to me: The sadness, the anger, the desperation, the suicide; I believe it's the strong emotions that can be our 'divining sticks' to help point the way to our PLs. I agree that our souls have no gender, and although I prefer the male gender for myself, I have been female as well (and I was told recently by a trusted medium that my 'head guide' has always been female). Sounds like you really had a powerful experience during your regression, and how remarkable to hear yourself speaking another language! I'm going to try some of the YouTube regression videos next week to see if I can recall anything specific; I've been regressed a few times before and it's been mostly successful (three productive sessions and one not-so-good). Ironically, in none of those did Rome materialize, but perhaps it was the other lives I needed to experience again due to where I was in this lifetime. Thank you for your well-wishes, and good luck on your journey as well!
StillLearning

Polaris8

Senior Registered
StillLearning,

Good luck on your journey in self-discovery of who you really are which is soul. It's important to find out your PL's because it gives one real proof that you are soul and not the body and that there is existences beyond physical death. This is why we are all here so that the soul may know itself by its own experience. However, I have found that it's important to not get too wrapped up with our PL's because the most important life is the one, we are living right now. You are eternal by nature as soul and are as unique and individual as there are grains of sand on a sandy beach or stars among the heavens. So, it's important to know where you have been but more importantly know where you are going on your journey home.

Love and peace.

P.

Last edited: