The Reincarnation of James, The Submarine Man

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Rick Brown, a certified hypnotherapist from California (and the former Vice President of the International Regression Therapy Association), published an account of one of his clients in the Journal of Regression Therapy. It was also featured in an episode of Unsolved Mysteries in 1993. However, I did not get to see it. :( No TV at the time.

I came across the account in J. Allan Danelek's book Mystery of Reincarnation - The Evidence and Analysis of Rebirth.

It is a very well documented case - one that Danelek critically analyzes from start to finish. The account can be read on line The Reincarnation of James, the Submarine Man; by Rick Brown, Hypnotherapist

The commentary at the end of the article is also interesting:

In Danelek's book - he completely covers point # 2. What are your thoughts on this case and the use of hypnotherapy to achieve the information?

2. Mousie

Mousie Senior Registered

Thanks for the link Deborah, it was an interesting read.

In regard to point #2, fraud is a strong accusation. I don't believe anyone would have much to gain (maybe a book deal at best) lying about such a thing. So if there's an error it would probably be a case of subject/therapist simply making a mistake or wishful thinking.

How valid is hypnotherapy? I imagine it varies with the subject. Someone with a creative mind in general might construct lifetimes unaware that they were fictional. But when you get details (say a foreign language that someone doesn't speak in real life) it does give pause. In that case, how could there be much doubt that something is "there"?

You'd be a better judge of this I believe (given as you seem gifted in regressions). I never had much luck.

In fact, I read this string the other day and later fell asleep while I was thinking about it. It was a lucid dream and I was seeing "past lives" and I told myself I'd have to remember them to tell Deborah.

True to form, when I awoke I remembered that I saw "past lives" and was supposed to tell Deborah...but can't remember what I saw of the lives themselves! That leads me to believe that people like me just aren't supposed to get much along those lines.

Not to change the subject, but I have been wondering how you fared with the spirit on the road you spoke of a few months ago. I don't post much in general, but since I'm speaking to you now -- I thought I'd ask.

-- Mousie

3. Deborah

Hi Mousie,

Nice to see you here posting again. :) I have been away for three weeks in Italy, and just returned a few days ago. To tell you the truth, I never followed through with the boy on the road. I should have; just been very busy with other things and when that section closed - I pushed it aside. :(. *S*S If I ever do follow up (currently I am doing research regarding my trip to Italy) I will PM it to you. ;)

I understand what you mean about dreams - and remembering. It happens to me sometimes too. Very frustrating.

Thanks for reading the link. I noticed later that it is one of Steve's (user name SSAKE) from the forum - and is presented on his website. He has done an excellent job putting things together. *S*S*S*S*S

Don't be a stranger - it's always nice to read your posts.

4. Mousie

Mousie Senior Registered

Italy! What a marvelous opportunity for you. Did you have any unusual experiences while there?

I ask only because a friend of mine once told me that when she went to Italy on vacation she found that she could speak Italian. She couldn't before the trip and once she left the country the ability to speak the language left her. I found that interesting.

Did you choose Italy because you were in some way drawn to it?

I don't wish to pry so you need not answer if this question is too personal.

--Mousie

5. Aaron

Aaron Senior Registered

Mousie! Great to see you. Deborah's most recent past life was in Italy. She talks a bit about her experiences in her funeral thread.
    Here's the thread.

6. Deborah

HI Mousie,

I will post a new thread over the weekend and share. Thanks for asking. :) Yeah - I chose Italy not only for the art, the culture and the fantastic history -but because that was the last place - I called home.

7. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

That is a fabulous story well worth reading.

Kay

8. Dr_Demento

Dr_Demento New Member

great story. I'd love to get a past life hypnosis done one of these days. :D

9. Eldareus

Eldareus New Member

That was a great story. Concerning fraud, if anone has anything to gain it would be Mr Brown the hypnotherapist. Whenever there is money to be made you will find fraud. As PLR becomes more popular there is more chance to attract unscrupulous people who pray upon those willing to believe.
    I not saying that this is the case but I tend to always be wary of those make such claims considering alot of historical fraud that surrounds the paranormal/metaphyisical in general.

Even if PLR is not direct evidence of reincarnation or past lives one true (from all that I have read) benefit is that does help those with phobias, unexplain behaviors, and mysterious pains. Perhaps PLR unleashes the forces similiar to faith healing or just unlocks the healing power of faith in something or maybe it's just the power hypnotic suggestion.
    I am trying to find answers to these personal questions.

10. vanhalen50one50

vanhalen50one50 Senior Registered

Unsolved Mysteries (reruns) is on Lifetime (Mid-day, last I heard around noon but I could totally be wrong.) :) Hope you get to see it, if I am remembering the right episode it was good.

11. Eteponge

Eteponge Mystic

I saw the episode on the Unsolved Mysteries DVD Set "Psychics". There are several other profound Cases of Reincarnation in that DVD Set.

12. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

This is sad but true. I, too, want a PLR so bad & have for some time but there are no regressionists anywhere close to me. I wish I could find one. :confused: :( If anyone knows of any PL Regressionists in southern NC, SC or northern GA please let me know.

13. Deborah

The Reincarnation of James, The Submarine Man is a very interesting read. I highly recommend it. :) I thought newer members might like to know about it.

14. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

Yes if you are one of our newer members please read the story of The Reincarnation of James, The Submarine Man. It is wonderful and very enlightening. If this story doesn't completely captivate you I'd be surprised! Let us know what you think. :thumbsup:

15. Deborah

This is a wonderful story - a fascinating read! Hope you enjoy it.

16. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

I have missed this before - thanks for bumping it. It's a remarkable story :)