The strongest Evidence is children.

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by Deborah, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Children who remember past lives are perhaps the strongest evidence that reincarnation is a reality. It isn't just a culturally learned phenomenon, there are thousands of verifiable cases reported across the globe.

The convergence of three different areas of experience regarding the afterlife, and life after death has to also be taken into consideration.

• children who remember past lives,
    • people who have had a NDE (near death experience),
    • people who have experienced being out of body

If reincarnation is not a fact, if it doesn't happen, the universe would appear to be ruled by death. But it isn't, it is constantly changing, it's fluid, and we as humans exist as "a fluid product of change and stability." Nature is dependent on the mechanism of rebirth and is constantly recreating itself. If reincarnation isn't a fact, then we would be the ONLY aspect of nature that isn't involved.

Everything that appears solid is transitory:
    If you don't believe in reincarnation, then how does a child of two - know specifics about a person living before his time? How does a NDE - a clinically dead person come back to life and know things he/she had no way of knowing before? How does a persons consciousness leave the body and travel to another time and place or just to another place and be aware of what is happening on the other side of the world?

We cannot ignore the above phenomenon, especially when they have been reported, not just around the world, but across millenniums.

I think that studies of consciousness are key to understanding reincarnation, and I hope that current research regarding consciousness will help explain reincarnation. Beyond that - I hope it helps explain why some people report living two lives at once, and why so many people claim the same famous past life.

Since science struggles to understand consciousness, and people are evolving and embracing expanded states of awareness rapidly without scientific explanation; finding a plausible reason for such experiences, and grounded information is sorely needed.

In my opinion, the many cases of famous past lives and simultaneous life times, are evidence that people have not learned how to tell the difference between imagination and fantasy, and/or the difference between a past life experience, and being witness to another persons past life. IMO there are subtle differences and its far to easy for people to fall into the trap of New Age theories and/or find comfort in them without further research.

At the same time - I am aware that time is an illusion, and that what I perceive as being me - in the now - is a constant fluid awareness of much more than I can comprehend.

Does anyone have reports, or research they would like to share - that is based on scientific research regarding consciousness? Specifically the possibilities regarding consciousness and how we perceive reincarnation experiences?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

Good topic, Deborah. I was thinking about memory as an area for study in regards to reincarnation, but consciousness does the trick as well.

I found a repository of published papers (all of them free downloadable PDF's) on the topic of consciousness at the website of the Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness

Although there werent any that came up in a search for 'reincarnation', there were a lot of them on memory.

Phoenix

3. Green26

Green26 Senior Registered

Hi Deborah,

One field of consciousness research studies that I find quite interesting and relevant to changing the way most people view consciousness is remote viewing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing. Although I have no personal experience in this I have read a book about it by Stephan A Schwartz. You can see his website here http://www.stephanaschwartz.com

Stephan has been experimenting with remote viewing since the seventies and has carried out numerous experiments with remote viewing to try to explain how and why remote viewing works and has gone about it in quite a scientific manner.

He had many different hypotheses about remote viewing which he set out to either prove or disprove such as it being a phenomenon of the human brain being able to produce something like a radio wave or radar like a bat which allowed remote viewing to be possible.

He investigated this possibility by observing the difference in quality of remote viewing targets that were in close proximity to the viewer and targets that were removed from the viewer by hundreds or thousands of miles. The result was that there was no difference in the quality of data collected on the different targets and that space and time did not seem to make any difference.

Another experiment that he carried out to be sure that remote viewing was not a result of some type of radar signal produced by the brain was conducted in a submarine at the bottom of the sea with the target on land 20 or 30 miles from where the submarine was located. The viewer remote viewed the target from inside the submarine and to their astonishment; the viewer was able to describe the target with amazing accuracy which put Stephan's radar theory to rest.

He has conducted numerous other experiments, many of which are of much statistical significance, making it very unlikely that remote viewing happens by chance. The odds of many of his experiments being just coincidence are about 750,000 to 1 which increases every time the experiment is replicated.

The reasons why I think remote viewing is relevant to the field of consciousness are because:

1. Remote viewing is not an altered state of consciousness, which means it cannot be dismissed as hallucinations

2. Remote viewing can be learned by anyone (or so they say at least)

3. Remote viewing targets are almost always verifiable unlike many past life memories which provides extra proof for the skeptics

4. It is highly suggestive that consciousness is not solely the result of brain chemistry and processes in the brain.

Although I do not have any real personal experience with remote viewing Stephan Schwartz has gone about trying to explain remote viewing in a scholarly manner and presents his finding in a scientific manner which are of much statistical significance.

4. Deborah

Certain topics return on the forum year to year. The following is my POV - what's yours?

5. Deborah

An older thread - I thought new members might enjoy or want to comment on. It seems to me people are focused on and afraid of death. When in fact it is a part of LIFE.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

And not only that, but it is always only a heartbeat away.

If we focus all our thoughts and fears on death, death rules us.

If we look at it only as the end of one life cycle and the beginning of another, it loses it's power over us.

And there is the crux of the matter. If your belief system is a death cult, death has power over you. You live your life accordingly. If your belief system incorporates reincarnation, death has no power over you. You are free, because you have nothing to lose.

Phoenix

7. Deborah

I think the work of Karl Pribram and Denis Gabor regarding holographic memories gives us reason to pause and reflect. I think that reincarnation is not a system - but a process that is illuminated and created by consciousness, thereby making each person's experience unique.

Check out the book The Holographic Universe, or The Isaiah Effect, or The Biology of Belief, and or Gregg Braden's newest The Spontaneous Healing of Belief (Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits) - to better understand what I mean.

The work of Bruce Lipton P.h.D. and the work of William James, a psychologist who has studied the subconscious and conscious mind reveal more and more about the nature of consciousness and how we create our realities. We are just beginning to learn - what IS possible.

I personally cannot think of a more perfect system than reincarnation. )*(

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

I recently watched a two and a half hour video entitled, "What the Bleep Do We Know?" in which two or three of the several scholars interviewed spoke of experiments which seemed to indicate that we have the power in physical mind to control the outcome of random number generators. The primary objective of the presentation was to try and explain the nature of consciousness. And it presented an animated cartoon explaining the double-slit experiment, which indicated that consciousness can be evidenced in the particles of quantum nature. Many excerpts of the film are available on Youtube, but some are not, and the overall flow is therefore somewhat broken up. But, the basic points are well made. It seems that science is beginning to make a major turn away from Newtonian Physics. And, even though scientists are trying to support Albert Einstein's theory of relativity, they seem to have proven recently that information can be instantaneous and is not constrained by the speed of light.

-Nightrain

9. RemainingSpirit

RemainingSpirit Remaining Spirit

I keep looking for reports on how MRIs are evolving, and how eventually they might help determine whether a person relating a past life memory is pulling it from memory or imagination. In a recent browsing I found this: thinking about the past and the future seems to occur in the same part of the brain: Brain scans of the future.

It makes me wonder whether the past and future may be linked even more ways than what part of the brain is used to think about them. What if there is a linear plan that maps out the entire journey of a soul.

MRIs in the future should be specific enough in mapping brain activity to tell whether a person is remembering or imagining anything. It would be the ultimate lie detector, for one thing.

10. Deborah

Children who remember past lives are perhaps the strongest evidence that reincarnation is a reality. It isn't just a culturally learned phenomenon, there are thousands of verifiable cases reported across the globe. Do you know of any new reported cases?

11. Delonada

Delonada Senior Registered

Professor Rupert Sheldrake has for decades researched telepathy and morphic resonance and fields around living things. He just recently released a book called "The Science Delusion" where he attacks the current materialistic dogma that tends to dominate current scientific research.

The interesting fact is that his research into telepathy has shown that telepathy is not paranormal, but more likely normal, and instead of supernatural, quite natural.

I very much suggest looking at some of his stuff he has done. In one of the youtube videos of him he actually mentions Ian Stevenson's work regarding reincarnation and his take on it.

12. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

I've been wondering about this myself. I also wonder if there are any new books on children's past lives coming out soon.

13. Deborah

Not that I know of. ;)

14. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Maybe it's time for Carol to write another book.

15. Deborah

Carol is writing another book. She announced it on Facebook.

No pressure Carol…but your work and studies out do them all. We'll be patient. :razz:

Merry Christmas! :playing:

16. argonne1918

Well, there is certainly plenty of material here.

17. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

Well there is one scientific rule that I've noticed, energy never dies. Our bodies are made partially from electrolytes, without them we cant power our bodies to survive. After the body dies where is the soul going to go besides out becoming a ghost.

18. Deborah

Anyone catch the new show The Ghost Inside My Child? I finally watched it last weekend. It was really good. A lot of repetition but the evidence fascinating! Hate the title of the show but the cases were well represented. It's about time.

19. argonne1918

I've seen all three episodes of season one, plus the pilot. Actually, you can purchase and download the episodes cheap on itunes and watch whenever you want. They're only $2 or $3. I'm waiting for the new season which is going to have eight episodes, including from the UK and maybe Canada. It's all because of the Leininger story. James Leninger is now in high school, almost an adult. The older he gets the more he looks like the pilot Jim Huston.

is a recent interview.