Titanic

Discussion in 'Member's Memories - Archive' started by wolfldy, Mar 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfldy

wolfldy Senior Registered

Pueblo, Colorado, United States of America
    Does anyone in this forum have as vivid memories on being on the Titanic as I do? I know the name of the man I was in that life. The name was Roderick Robert Crispin Chisholm.

I am finally over the emotional baggage as feeling the guilt of being responsible of creating the doomed liner and knowing it was being built wrong from the drawing phases as Robert was the head Draughtsman or draftsman in American language. I was just wondering as I know feeling those last minutes of his life, makes me wonder if anyone can back up the memories I have.

The anniversary has been hard to deal with, it is like when I was suddenly was pushed back in my body while in meditation, I have been feeling various passengers presences. I know they want to comfort me, but I've been on the defensive and feel that I am still responsible in some fashion. I won't say that it is all my fault or really anyone's fault totally, but I feel a part of it. I know it was supposed to happen for a reason and accept it, but that doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. I mean I know I should be over the contempt I have for Mr. Ismay, but I'm still struggling with that issue.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread:
    Titanic Past Lives

2. Iplohika

Iplohika Senior Registered

Things my son said

This is just a note.

My son (age 4) told me a really interesting dream the other day. First, I'd like to mention that although I have always had a fascination with the Titanic, I have kind of kept this from him. We watched the movie when he was about a year old and it sparked a bunch of nightmares for him. So, I have avoided the topic around my son ever since.

Anyway, he told me that we were on this "great big boat". It was my son, myself, his dad, and his grandma and grandpa (he was referring to this lifetime) that were on the boat. "It had four great big smoke stacks and a bunch of little boats. But not everyone could get on the little boats........It was a revolutionary boat that could go really fast.....It couldn't sink but it had holes in it....we had to jump off of the boat..." Then he went back to what his dream was mainly about. "There was some people that dressed really fancy. Some of them were good but some of them were bad. One of the bad ones tried to stab me with these big round scissors.......(later) Daddy was fighting the bad man (who earlier had the scissors) like this (he started punching the air)" I asked him if Dad was fighting the man because he tried to stab him with scissors. He said "No, Daddy was fighting the man like this (again he started punching the air) because the bad man wouldn't let us get to the small boats. The bad man wouldn't let us get off of the great big boat."

This may be just a combination of things. Him seeing the movie the one time and the fact that he play a video game called The Lost Vikings may have something to do with his dream. In his video game they are on a boat from time to time and have to fight bad guys like pirates. Who knows. Still I'm logging it in my notes. It just seemed really interesting given our other experiences. I tried to ask him some more questions about his dream today. He wouldn't say much except 'remember when this happened mom'. He mostly repeated the same thing.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread: Titanic Past Lives

3. MelodyAnn

MelodyAnn New Member

I remember the dining area

I'm 23 and I don't see these things anymore, but when I was a child, 11 or younger, I saw them all the time.

I remember being in a large restaurant or dining area, seated at a table in a corner. The walls were brown panelling and there was a window on my left side and if I recall correctly, there were other windows behind me. People were with me at the table and as I looked to my right, tables stretched on for several more feet to where a pair of glass doors led outside. I can't honestly be sure, but it seems there were pillars dividing the sections of the dining area.

Not long ago I found a brochure (replica) of the Titanic and Olympic, advertising their many luxuries. I pored over the pictures, especially of the dining area and then watched JC's Titanic. Although most of the wall paneling in first class was white, I noticed brown as well. I have never been in ANY restaurant that resembled this place, as I eat fast food. The pic in the old White Star brochure is the only thing that remotely looks like what I saw as a kid. I have always been afraid of water and this aggravates my husband, because he can't persuade me to take swimming lessons.

I saw this place always when awake, like, spacing out. I've been fixated on Titanic since the age of eight or nine, even before I was aware of Robert Ballard finding the wreck.

4. GlamourGirl

GlamourGirl Guest

I was a little girl......

I have memories of being on the Titanic, I know that I was a little girl because I have to look up at everyone.

My parents are getting dressed in fancy clothes and I am sitting on a bed in a frilly dress with a woman who is probably my nurse(caretaker). I hear a baby crying in the background and then a woman walks into the room holding the baby trying to get it to stop crying. My mother then motions for me to come and I jump off of the bed and run over to her. My father picks me up gives me a kiss on the cheek and then puts me down. My mother then grabs my hand and we go to the dining room with my nurse following behind. We go into the dining room, and my parents show me to some other formally dressed people. A man with a moustache takes my little hand kisses it and says "Such a pretty little girl someday you are going to make a man very happy", or something close to that. Then I am taken away by my nurse back to my stateroom.

Later on I wake up in the middle of the night and I hear 3 voices coming from the other room. Then my mother comes into my room and tells my nurse to put on my coat. We all walked to the deck and there were lots of people up there my father rushes off somewhere and says to get on a boat. Then we are put into a boat. A few minutes later my mother is panicking and takes me out of the boat and we rush to the other side of the ship where we find my father. My mother starts to cry. Then all of a sudden there are words coming out of my mouth. I said "Mother where is Trevor and Nurse Ali?". She tells me she doesn't know and then my father takes us onto the promenade. We all stand there waiting after a while we walk outside and there is complete chaos people are trying to hold onto things and then the boat starts to tilt and my father grabs hold of and my mother and I. I start to fall a little bit after that and slide down into the water the water is really cold and I start to sink. My dress makes me float down slowly and then it's black.

5. sea-horse

sea-horse Senior Registered

Senior officer

I was on Titanic. I served as a senior officer. I was on many other ships too and had a career lasting about 25 years of both sail and steam. I find it curious that even today people will salute me. Even at my job just passing by I'll receive one and I work in a decidedly civilian environment. I had to smile when a Marine did and meant it. You never know, perhaps he sailed under me at one point.

Sea-horse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.