Too early to tell?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Mommyof2, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Mommyof2

Mommyof2 New Member

Hi all,
    I am new here and the reason I joined is because I believe that my son might be my father in law reincarnated. I never thought this until a couple weeks ago when I started "seeing" my FIL everywhere.

Let me start with a little bit of background on myself. I am 27 years old and I don't remember my past life. When I was younger though, I had dreams when my relatives died and knew of their deaths before anyone else even though they lived thousands of miles away. Nothing else has ever happened though, until a couple of weeks ago. I never met my FIL, he passed away when my husband was only 16 years old. I had seen his pictures/vidoes before and it never affected me other than feeling sad for my husband. Recently though, it seemed that no matter what I was doing, he would come up, his pictures etc. I typed in a random search on google and it brought up the video from his 10 year memorial service (he was in the AF and his plane crashed). I about lost it, then I was recieving pictures of him, and all of the sudden there was so much going on with memories of him. I felt that he might be trying to communicate with us? I started doing some research and noticed my son getting excited any time I would talk about his grandpa and we started noticing a lot of my FIL in my son.

Today, I was sharing this information with my mom who had made a comment that my son acted like he was an officer in the military. At that time I told her what I think and said "Major ------" at which my son whipped his head around and gave me the most intense look I have ever gotten from him. Seeing that, my mom said "hi Steven" (his name is not Steven,that is FIL's name) which made him turn quickly towards her and he gave her, what she called, a knowing smile. Am I possibly reading too much into this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mommyof2

It is certainly a possibility. Reincarnation seems to happen within families not uncommonly. You say you are quite sensitive to such things, it could be that your intuition is quite correct.

It will be hard to tell unless your son starts actually recalling things. I don't see how old the boy is here? Is he able to speak yet? Has he ever given any indication of having memories, for instance a fascination with aeroplanes, either in his play or drawings or speech?

Be sure to take a look at the FAQs and the 'stickies' at the top of this section. They are full of useful information for people in your situation.

In the meantime, don't make too 'big a deal' out of it with the child or startle, frighten or disturb him in any way about it. Just relax. Reincarnation happens. It happens all the time. It is a natural process.

3. Mommyof2

Mommyof2 New Member

Thank you for your response, he is 11 months old and is not talking yet. I haven't noticed any fascination with planes except him dancing and clapping happily when the Little Einsteins rocket is flying. Other than that, I'm thinking of just letting him be and see if we notice anything else. FIL spoke 7 languages so maybe he could choose to go that direction. In the meantime, I do want to be aware and help him in any way possible, I have always been a believer of reincarnation and I just want to be there for him in every way possible. Also another thing I forgot to mention was that when FIL passed away, him and DH had been fighting a lot and his last words to DH were "Goodbye son, I don't know when I'll see you again."

4. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Separating from his son on that note might be a good reason to return as his son.

Vicky

5. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Mommyof2, your story does not sound unusual at all. Time will tell. It would be a cool scenario! But ultimately he is your son now, and that's even more so. Family reincarnation is common in my opinion. It runs in my family without any doubt.

Again WELCOME to the forum! Look, read and ask we're all here to help!!

Tinkerman