Tyler

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by vicky, Dec 26, 2010.

1. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I recently began to work as a social worker for a pre-school. There is a boy there, Tyler, that talks about
    "when he was big before." He talks about having a lot of friends and riding a skateboard. He is black in this life and was white in that life.

During a conversation with his mother, she expressed some concern over the things he has said and I directed her to this site.

I have heard him say these things and other people that work at the school have heard him. I find it interesting that none of them question why he talks about this.

I asked the head teacher if she had ever considered that he might be telling the truth. Right now they just think he has an amazing imagination. I mentioned that details about the brand of skateboard he used to ride (he does not own a skateboard in this life - he is only 4 years old), the wheels on the skateboard, familiarity with music from the 80's etc might be hard to imagine. I asked her if she had ever heard other children his age talking about this kind of thing.

She said "not to this extent."

I'm just baffled that more people do not consider reincarnation as a possible explanation when an innocent 4 year old child is hand feeding you the details of his past life.

He is looking for direction from us. Help in understanding why and how he got here. He must be so frustrated.

2. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Vicky, as you well know, this appears to be a situation wrought with a multitude of problems, roadblocks and pitfalls.

I too (as most of us do on this forum) agree with your beliefs, but how does Tyler's Mother feel about Reincarnation?

And being employed by an employer (who may or may not agree) with the concept of Reincarnation, may be perilous to employment, if they somehow how take offence at these beliefs.

So many people out there have preconceived beliefs/concepts that they refuse to entertain even the possibility of other concepts (such as PL's).

Tyler sounds like he is actually remembering a PL in this lifetime, and he is rightly frustrated at how so many things have changed this time around, his race, the music, society in general, the mood of the children (and adults), and so forth.

I have very often thought that people who "yearn for the good ole days" may very well be yearning for a PL that they really enjoyed!

Vicky, good luck with Tyler, he is lucky to have you as a teacher, who can guide, instruct and nurture him during these confusing times in this lifetime.

3. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

At 4 yrs old, Tyler is old enough to know when he is being taken seriously. Just having you there to listen to him must be such a relief.

I realize that as a social worker there are things you can't share, but I am wondering about the mother's concern. Does she believe her child? Is she worried he just wishes he was white? Or are the memories disturbing to Tyler in some way?

4. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Very interesting Vicky, thank you for sharing.

It certainly seems to be a common problem, and as Hydrolad wrote, there are many reasons why these concerns are not dealt with. I agree that in this case it is fortunate you are there to ask the question "could he be telling the truth?"

I'm curious to know how you as a social worker deal with these issues when they arise. Do you speak to the parents about reincarnation? Do you propose it as a possibility? Has the subject ever been discussed in your circle of professional peers? How fortunate that there is a person like you, with your beliefs, available to pose such questions.

Tman

5. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Tyler

I am a social worker for a low income, federally funded pre-school.

As a part of my job, I go out to the homes and talk to the parents to see if we can help with anything else. I connect them with resources to food, energy bills, medical and mental health. We ask a lot of questions to help determine the needs. One of the questions asks if they or others have ever had any concern in regards to their children's behavior. The mother told me that she is concerned that Tyler talks about being this boy. I knew I had to tread lightly so I asked her what she thought was the reason he talked about this boy.

She said, "I honestly don't know." I shared with her about my son and just a little of what he had said that made me think he was talking about a past life. I told her that I found a lot of help on this site. She said "I certainly wasn't raised to believe in this but I don't know what else to think." When my own son first started talking about his past lives, I found myself wishing he'd stop. I never knew what to say and was always caught off guard. It wasn't until I found this forum that I got the knowledge I needed to talk with him and then it was pretty much almost over. However, I did know about 30 seconds after he really started talking about his past life that he was talking about a past life and I went from not believing in reincarnation to knowing for absolute certain that there was no other explanation in that 30 seconds.

As a mom, you worry your kid is mentally ill or something else. I think there needs to be education out there so that people know what they are dealing with. Yet, I believe this and am nearly powerless to help this woman.

I had over heard the mother speak with the head teacher when she first signed Tyler up saying he sometimes thinks he is the skateboarding teenager or that he has trouble distinguishing his reality between the skateboarding reality. He has told me that if he is good at school that his dad will take him to ride skateboards.

His behavior is a problem. I feel very sorry for him. He often acts like a rebellious teen. There seems to be no reason for his acting out that is easily identifiable. He has a great mom, family support and a really involved step-dad but he has a rebellious streak a mile wide.

When he is told he can't do something, he has said "but I did this before when I was big."

He has had to be picked up several times from school and I don't know how many more times that is allowed before he cannot return. He is a good a sweet little boy and I am only guessing that this is an unseen part of the problem. His mom works several jobs and I'd hate to see her lose her childcare.

6. Florence

Florence Senior Registered

Hi Vicky....

When I first lurked at this site you were right in the middle of your own son's past life. I enjoyed your many posts at that time. Your boy has now forgotten all of those fears and that is good. I was wondering if he still like to make his own bow and arrows??

Maybe your just exactly the right person to come on the scene in young Tyler's life. You have developed such a great understanding and empathy from your own personal experience. Maybe....your right where God wants you to be.....

7. hydrolad

Vicky, I too believe that you are the right person for Tyler, perhaps the Spirit Guides placed the two of you in a situation where you had to interact with each other?

It is also possible in another PL that the two of you knew each other and Tyler seems to know that you can help him in this lifetime.

Acting like a "rebellious teenager" so early in his present life might indicate he was one in a previous PL?

It's entirely possible to think that perhaps this rebellious nature, might have led to his premature death and frustrations of a life ended too soon.

In the scheme of things, I partly believe in pre-ordination and partly in "accidents" in lifetimes, that their death might have been out of that person's control, as in, "It was just meant to be".

Any thoughts on this angle?

Sorry for the long post (again!).

8. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Tyler

Yes Florence,

My son still likes very much to knapp flint and makes his own bows, arrows and spear heads. We live in California but while visiting relatives found a fur trader in Bridger, MT. He is in heaven in that little hole in the wall place. He trades this guy abalone shells and oyster shells for furs and arrowheads or spear tips.

He hunts everyday and is just heartbroken that the forest across the street from our house is being torn down. I still do not know how to describe it but he does not have severe attention deficit disorder while he is in the forest or hunting. It is something his soul needs and takes refuge in from the thousand negatives he gets every day for "not paying attention."

If he gets a quail, he runs in the house, saying he has gotten "dinner" for the family tonight.

He remembers his past lives as dreams. Many people who do not know what i know say that he was born 100 years too late. I just think he was born a second time 100 years later.

I'm just glad that I realized what was really going on. I owe it all to this forum.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Hi Vicky,

It is clear to me that you and many other people have been helped by discovering the profound impact that the truth of reincarnation has on all our lives. For this reason it is more than just a mere philosophy to me. And, I am deeply troubled by the serious harm that skeptics do when they ridicule proponents, censor research reports and lie to discredit legitimate investigation.

I view the children as being the victims of their religious campaigns. We are at war on behalf of those children, and I have responded to those debunkers in like manner on this and other forums; and I hope that more people will do the same, instead of trying to be politically correct, and respecting their point of view; for it is a well-funded point of view dedicated to stamping out anything that remotely suggests the existence of spirit.

I once responded to someone's post on another forum by suggesting that parents pay closer attention to their children. The typical reply was,

This is the unfortunate attitude of our schools, hospitals, research laboratories and government representatives. We have no such organizations to show adequate respect for the minds of our children. It is the parents and individual caretakers of our children who must take up the fight against these arrogant and long entrenched attitudes.

10. hydrolad

I fully agree, if more people believed in the concept of Reincarnation, they would realize that a young child is actually a fellow soul on it's own journey through time.

Until the child grows into a more mature body, he/she will have trouble verbalizing concepts, beliefs or even complete sentences and then when he/she does, they are very often ridiculed or ignored or worse, brainwashed by their parents and/or religious leaders.

Some of these actions is from ignorance or "the way it's always been" thinking, but some is brought about by adults with an agenda to push (whether it be the concept of nationality, a religious belief, a certain denomination or a cult!)

Let us hope that when the child reaches adulthood, that they "shake off" these mis-teachings and develop a free thinking mind of their own!

11. Florence

Florence Senior Registered

Well, your son may remember a past life as a dram now but he still remembers a talent he had from a life as an American Indian or a Woodsman, trapper who lived with American Indians. Many Woodsmen married Indian women before all of the Indian Wars began.

I remember how fearful he was about YOU and how upset he was if you were out of his sight. I'm glad he has forgotten all of that as it had to be terrible for him.

My youngest daughter had ADD but now, as an adult, she is just fine. She was born angry....Very angry and that anger lasted forever it seemed. I would love to know the history of that!!! She has learned to control her temper and to laugh at herself...Thank Heaven...

Maybe children born with such emotional carry-overs are more apt to have ADD..The mind is often somewhere else...who knows....Sandy had to learn to slow her mind down and live in the moment.