Validations of life after death

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Deborah, May 15, 2007.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I have noticed a lot of conjecture on the forum regarding spirits and the spiritual realms. I think it is important, especially when trying to understanding the soul/spirit and what happens after death, to share stories that validate consciousness, or if you prefer the soul/spirit does not end. That there is awareness and movement and messages between loved ones. Here is an example that helped me.

August 2003 The Spirit at the Wedding

I went to a wedding -one of my artist friends from graduate school tied the knot. She had just turned 50 years old -a beautiful woman -inside and out.

As I sat listening to the band on the back porch of a huge Victorian house where the reception was, a very elderly man sat down across from me. I didn't know who he was, but his energy caught my attention.

A few minutes later, I glanced back at him, and he was not alone. Behind him stood a very beautiful woman, short light brown hair, but she was in spirit form. She wore a bone colored dress suit, and had one hand on his shoulder. At that moment I noticed the far away look in his eyes, as if he was remembering something.

I knew the woman's name started with a "M" but I couldn't hear the rest of it. It had a southern twang to the pronunciation and I couldn't get it!

She had a very "proud" and elegant presence. Later that evening I asked about the older gentleman and who he was. I was told he was my friends father. He was the father of the bride. I asked Yvonne (The bride) where her mother was - she said she passed away many years ago.

It was not the time or the place to ask more questions. I felt DUMB! So a few weeks went by and I e-mailed her. She was gone on her honeymoon until then anyway. I asked her moms maiden name and married last name. She replied Ruth and the last name did not fit. She asked my why?

I told her she was going to think I was crazy - but that I had seen a woman in spirit form standing behind her father whose name started with a "M." I said the name sounded very southern the way it was said but I couldn't understand it. I told her the woman I saw had light brown short hair and wore a bone colored dress suit.

She shot an e-mail right back at me stating....

I had no idea she even had a sister, let alone one that had died. I cannot help but feel that life continues. That death and rebirth are just part of a process and the time between lives - is a choice. Perhaps Maxine was waiting for her father before moving on. Perhaps she wanted me to tell her sister that she was at her wedding. In a strange way.: angel

Do any members have spirit communications that have helped them validate their belief in life after death - and the process of reincarnation? Experiences like this validate for me - the fact that there is life after death. To me, life is like a circle, never ending.

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Thanks for sharing that amazing story, Deborah! :)

Karoliina

3. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Great story, Deborah... :thumbsup:

4. mikesnana

mikesnana New Member

Yes, I have had validation too

I loved your story! Yes, I have validation of life after death.

My dear cousin who I was very close to died when we were just 14 years old. He died tragically from injuries suffered in a fire (long story). When I was about 16 I went to bed one evening. I was not asleep because I had just gotten up and turned out the light after reading. There at the foot of my bed stood Ray. I knew immediately it was him even though his spirit was surrounded by a yellow-white light. There was no mistaking his features. He said "tell Mom I'm ok". I called his name and reached out for him and he faded away.

The next morning I told my mother what had happened and she said I was dreaming. I didn't believe it was a dream. Mama told me not to say a word to my aunt for fear of upsetting her. So, I held my tongue for years.

At age 18, I couldn't keep it inside any longer. I told my aunt about that night and what Ray had said. She burst into tears and said "I wish you had told me sooner. I have worried for 4 years if he was ok. A mother worries if her child is eating right, is happy, etc. Now I know."

Never again have I held back when I experience validation. I don't care if the person is receptive to what I say or not, I just pass along the message.

5. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

^^Great story.

6. Charles Stuart

Hi Mikesnana,

I would say great stories...

A very warm welcome to you. :)

7. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

Wow! What great experiences you both have had. I'm still waiting for an experience like that. It seems that I've had one but right now I just can't remember it. Something in the back of my mind is telling me to patient that I will remember but so far I haven't.

8. Axel

Axel New Member

Wow... I really like this story, not only because of the way it validates "life after death" but also because now I know I must pass along the message if such an event happened to me.

Thanks for passing along this wonderful message, dear Mikesnana :thumbsup:

I will ever remember it.

Kind regards,
    Axel :)

9. Deborah

Thank you so much for sharing Mikesnanna, and good for you for sharing your experience with your aunt and standing your ground. :thumbsup: A wonderful story.

I have been away at Disneyland and for my exhibition all week and am just now catching up. : angel

It was interesting on the trip. While I was there, - my art rep who is great friends with the bride I told you about in the first post - she and I started talking about spiritual experiences and reincarnation. I told her about what happened at Yvonne's wedding. She grinned ear to ear and said - "Did she tell you that I contacted her too because I too saw a woman with a bone colored suit in spirit at the wedding?" She had never met or seen Yvonne's sister in person and she too was not sure who she was. Boy - the sharing that followed was truly a blessing. What a joyful moment when experiences can be shared. :D :D :D

10. mikesnana

mikesnana New Member

Wow!

That is wonderful! I love hearing validation stories.:D

11. Charles Stuart

I had one in a dream with my grandfather once:

I was living with my grandmother at the time and in the dream I saw my deceased grandfather coming out of a building. Stunned to be seeing him, I ran towards him and passed my arm around his and started walking with him. He was wearing a suit (as he usually did) and was using his walking cane. He smelled like my grandfather, felt like my grandfather...

"Why are you appearing to me like this?" I asked him.

"Have you been having any spiritual contacts lately?" he asked me.

Well, I was just starting to frequent a spiritual center at the time, so I said yes.

"But why aren't you with us anymore?" I asked.

"Because it only takes one of us to do what has to be done..." he replied.

When I woke up in the morning and was having breakfast with my grandmother, I told her about the dream.

"How funny," she said, "it would have been his birthday today..."

:) :thumbsup:

12. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Gorgeous Charles.

I have a story about my father. : I have already written it elsewhere though

13. Charles Stuart

Hi Tanguerra,

The story about your father is very nice too... :thumbsup:

I belive a soul/spirit, even when already reincarnated, can certainly still astral travel and visit his loved ones from other lives... :) ;)

14. vicky

vicky Senior Member

At my brother's high school a girl (who was also our neighbor) was killed by a landscaping machine that rolled over on her. In our same town on that same day a young mother of two was home when she heard a voice say 'my name is ________ _________, please call my mother and tell her I'm o.k.' This young mom was catholic and was pretty freaked out. She tried to make herself believe that she had just momentarily gone insane. She did not know this girl or her family. We lived in a big city. She did not know the girl had died a few hours earlier. The voice came back and said the same thing. Finally, she started looking through the phone book for the phone number. Since she didn't know the girl was dead, she actually asked for the girl herself as that was the only name she had. She ended up talking to the girl's aunt. This message helped the family and the mother cope with this unspeakable loss.

I'd also like to mention a personal experience. My grandmother had a photo tree. She had three biological grandchildren (my brother, myself and my cousin). My brother and I used to turn my cousin's picture around. We tried to sneak so grandma wouldn't know and his picture would stay turned around until we visited again. Of course, my cousin would turn our pictures around too.

I inherited this photo tree when grandma died. At 43, I still get some kind of immature pleasure out of turning my 38 yr old cousin's picture around. I even took a picture of the photo tree with his picture turned around and sent it to him. Yesterday, I looked up at the photo tree and saw my cousin's picture turned back around facing the same way as my brother's and myself. The photo tree is up too high for my son to reach and my husband didn't do it. I think its grandma.

Life after life. It happens. It has to.

Vicky

15. Hey_Jude

Hey_Jude Gelfling

These are all really great stories. How wonderful it would be to see someone who has passed and know that they are safe and healthy and happy.

16. Monica Gabriell

Monica Gabriell Senior Registered

Thanks for sharing this, Deborah!.

In another post I will tell about something similar, although it touches more the area of reincarnation.

But this is very enlightening and beautiful, one of these things that should be known to many.

17. Monica Gabriell

Monica Gabriell Senior Registered

Thanks for your story. It triggers a question in me, that maybe answered by you in that post. That is: for a very long time I've convinced that my daughter is the reincarnation of my grandmother, who died when I was a teenager, whom I sadly missed.

My daughter gave clear indication, from a very tender age, of being my reincarnated grandma, but still, sometimes, I have a sense of her spirit hovering around me, even now.

Any new post about this would be greatly appreciated.

18. Anirup-One

Anirup-One Anirup-One

Life on the other side.

Hello Deborah.

I just read your message and find it very interesting, some months back I went to a pot luck dinner, at this dinner were a couple who had a 20 year old daughter, she had passed away as a result of a car accident.

As I passed the mother I said to her, 'how is your daughter', I nearly freaked at the words they simply came without thinking and of course I knew her daughter had died some years back, I really did not know what to say and nor did I know why I had said it.

A couple of days later I emailed this woman and felt like I had to apologise I told her that in no way did mean to upset her at all, I was rather surprised at her reply, apparently this happens all the time and even with people who did not know of her daughters existance, she said that her daughter had a wicked sense of humour and that is all that her and her husband can put it down to, they believe that their daughter is with them all the time.

I posted a story on the net some years back, after suffering 5 cardiac arrests in a short time, as a result of them being in succession almost I have been told I should have died, however maybe youth was on my side..well I call my age youth :tongue: I am now going to get the story and cut and paste it off the net and onto this page for you to read, I wrote this in 2003...----My name is **********. I am from New Zealand. I was raised by my grandmother and she died about twenty-five years ago at the age of seventy-five. I am fifty years old.

Last November 3rd, I suffered a massive heart attack. I cardiac arrested five times in four hours. I was told that I should not have lived. I damaged sixty percent of my heart muscle and was ill indeed. The hospital put in an emergency pacemaker for three days and now I have my heart fixed. A stint was put in the blockage and I am perfectly fit and well. This was six months ago.

About a week ago or so, I woke up in the early hours of the morning. I don't really know why. I drifted off to sleep again as normally, except I presume I was dreaming. But I know I was not.

I was standing in front of my grandmother and she was surrounded by other people of whom I had a sense of knowing. I had a sense it was my dead relatives. My grandmother was there and she was looking radiant. Before, her cancer made her look sick. I was dumbstruck to be standing face to face with my grandmother. I could SMELL HER. I could not believe I was smelling and looking at my grandmother's face.

I was fixed to the spot. It was in solid form and full color. I felt an amazing peacefulness. It was so so beautiful. I actually put my hand out to my grandmother and wiped the back of my hand down my grandmothers face.

I said, "Nana, it is you! Nana, it is you! It's you Nana!"

She did not speak at first but just stared at me with the most beautiful look. God, I was with her!

She was well. Her hair was white. I seemed to have knowledge of the others, but not actually looking at them.

As I wiped the my hand down the back of her face, I could feel the fine wrinkles. It was stunning to me, but I loved it.

Then she said, "You will be coming to us soon. You will be coming to us soon."

These are the only words she spoke over again. She said, "You will be with us soon."

Not "whether" I was coming, but, you will be. I don't remember. But it is either of these two words.

I felt deliriously happy. I cannot remember feeling so happy.

I awoke and actually closed my eyes to try to go back to sleep. I just did not feel scared. In fact, if she told me those words, then why do I not feel scared? I know that I could have another heart attack. That is not out of the question. But why should I feel so happy at those words?

I have come to you because when I tell people of my dream they look at me and think, "Oh yeah." But in fact this was not a dream. It was not. I actually could smell my grandmother. You see, she used to use baby powder on her body. That was all she ever used. And it was this smell I think that I was sensing.

It is confusing me and I wish like heck that I could discover the meaning of this supposed dream that I know was not a dream.

19. Karoliina

Hello Anirup-One,

Whether your time will be soon or not, I think your grandmother wanted to tell you there's nothing to be afraid of - as you had already been close to dying. :)

What a sweet reunion with the grandmother you loved so much. Isn't it great to know she's doing well in a beautiful place, and you'll meet again? It might be soon - or in decades. I don't think time is the same on the other side. :)

Best regards,

Karoliina

20. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

What amazing stories everyone!

I haven't had any afterlife validations myself, but my gradparents have had many.

My grandmother use to tell the story of when her younger brother died. Her mother had been dead for many years at this point where her brother was in hospital, very ill of cancer. In the middle of the night she woke and saw her mother stand at the foot of the bed, looking sad. The next morning they rang from the hospital that my grandmothers brother had died during the night.

So as much it was a validation it was one of the sadder ones :(

21. porkypine

porkypine New Member

Wow... In my family several people have seen 'ghosties'. :)

A few months after my grandpa had passed, my dad was going to visit his mom. Out front my dad stopped to talk to his father who was busy with his beloved garden plants by the front door. Grandpa and dad had a long talk and grandpa gave instructions to my dad to take care of his mother and my dad, puzzled, said, "Sure, dad." After a long talk, my dad went into teh house and as soon as he crossed the threshold, he remembered that his father had passed over. Immediately, we turned back to look at his dad. but his father had vanished.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A year or so later, I was at my gramma's house in the kitchen fetching something out of a cupboard when I felt this mental 'tickle' I felt happy and turned around and saw my grandpa leaning on the kitchen door jamb. I was so happy to see him! I smiled a huge smile, "Grandpa!" He smiled and vanished.

I was disappointed that he had gone so quickly, but at least he came to visit. I was about 13 or 14 then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years later, at my brother-in-laws funeral, I was sitting next to my sister during the service. When all of a sudden, this huge whoosh of air flew over to her and I heard him tell her her quite loudly, "I love you." but she didn't hear him. I was surprised that no one else heard him - But not really surprised she didn't hear him. They had been divorced for several years and she had brought their 2 sons back from out of state to attend the funeral.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years after that when my dad was dying of brain cancer - home hospice, all my family was over at the house. He had just died a half hour or so and we were waiting for the visiting nurse to come over and pronounce time of death before the mortuary could come and get him.

My dad, was a very sharp guy until the tumors caused him so much pain and misery. It was a blessing when he went. But, he was very confused at the end. After he had died, mom had cleaned him up and stuff and we were waiting in the front room. The arpartment had an open to the front room kitchen. I was sitting at the kitchen table and the rest of my family occupied the remaining couches and chairs. I could see into teh bedroom where my dad waited. We were talking and stuff when suddenly, I saw my dad get up.

I told them all, "Hey, dad just got up. He's sitting on the edge of the bed holding on like he's dizzy."

Brother Ed - "You can see him? Like solid?"

"Yes. I see him but it's like looking at a double exposure. His body is on the bed, but his ghost is sitting up. He's confused. I don't think he knows he died yet. Come look."

Ed - "No. That's ok. You just tell us what you see."

Magoo (Sister # 6) - "No. you tell us what's happening."

So I described what I saw as it occurred. "He's sitting on the edge of the bed. Holding on to it. He doesn't know where he is. He's confused. He doesn't know he died yet. I think he wants to get up but is uncertain of his balance. --- Hey! Someone just came! ... uh! Wow! It's HIS gramma!"

Ed - "Who?" (He named our dad's mom.)

"No. Grandpa's mom. She's talking to him in her language. I don't understand it. but she's calling him some kind of endearment."

Ed - "How do you know?"

"Um... I just know. Shes wearing old-fashioned, long dark dress and her black hair is braided and in a bun. She's not paying any attention to me at all. I just see the back of her, but I know who she is."

All my relatives are hushed as I describe what happens, "She's leaning toward dad and calling to him like he was a small child, but he doesn't know what's going on and he's confused. Oh! He finally hears her. He looks up at her and recognizes her and holds out his hand. - They've disappeared."

His father's mom was his favorite gramma.

22. martydee

martydee New Member

Hi Deborah -- Your other-worldly perceptions astound me.

I just got back from the east coast where I, and my brother and sisters, and all their kids, celebrated my mother's 90th birthday. While there, I was reminded of an incident.

Her husband -- my father -- died about 10 years ago. At his funeral, while listening to the various speakers, I began sensing something -- a confusion of some sort. I put my attention on it and discovered that it was my father, trying to figure out what was going on. I reminded him of the many times we had discussed my belief that we all had lived before, and gently told him that he was simply going through a transition between lifetimes. I did my best to comfort him; to get him to just go with the flow. I can only hope I succeeded. The confusion did seem to lessen, but that might just be wishful thinking. Who knows?

I love it that I can say these things here without worrying that someone's going to check me into the funny farm.

23. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I would like to share 3 experiences where I got a validation of life after death that were comforting for me.

- When I was 13, my mother died on March 31st, at exactly 2 AM.

On the same day a year later, all the clocks in our house had stopped at 2 AM (I remember very well, because we overslept that day, because the alarm didn't go off !!). My dad and I just knew it was Mom who had come to say hello to us. We were very emotional that day - sad but happy also because she had given us this sign.

- About 10 years later I guess, an aunt of mine (sister of my father) died at the age of 41 from a car accident. When she was still alive, I didn't see her that often, but we occasionally met at the supermarket. Well, about 6 months after her death, on a busy Saturday afternoon, I suddenly saw her at the supermarket, she was going in through one door at the moment that I was leaving through another one. She nodded and smiled at me. It took me a few seconds to realize that this should be impossible, because she was dead, and by the time I turned my head to look behind me, she was gone, like missing in the crowd. At first I felt odd about this meeting, but a few minutes later I got a feeling of peace and thankfulness that she was ok after her sudden and unexpected death.

- In 1997, another aunt of mine died . She was my mothers' sister, was married but had no children of her own (her husband died 2 years before her), and after my mothers' death she was a great help for my father and me. She practically became my second mother. She was very dear to me, and when she came to old age and widowed, it was me and my sister who took care of her till she died.

Well, some time after her death, she visited me in a dream. I was IRL having some issues with my sister, and in the dream my aunt assured me that I was following the right course. But it was the setting in which she appeared that was very comforting for me, and made me know she was allright and happy. I saw her in the Disneyland attraction, where people sit in small boats floating in an environment with dolls/puppets that represent all the nations/etnicities of the world, while constantly the song 'It's a small world after all' is played. How comforting it was for me to hear my dear aunt 'It's a small world after all' sing along ! :)

Eevee

24. Karoliina

An interesting thread new members might enjoy - and share their experiences. :)

My grandma passed recently, and when she had passed in the morning, the same night I suddenly smelled her very strongly, while sitting on our livingroom sofa. My fiancé was next to me, and he smelled it, too, but he didn't know what it was. :D

A little earlier that night my sister had been trying to get her son to sleep, when suddenly out of nowhere she started singing a certain tune, a lullaby our grandma used to sing to us when we were children - a tune she hadn't remembered in years.

I believe grandma visited us both that night before moving on. :)

Karoliina

25. Justin Smith

Justin Smith New Member

Ghost Stories

We lived in our old house for three years before building our new one next to it (the lot was double-sized and we subdivided it; we sold the old house).

The previous owner had been a woman who died there, and we experienced several manifestations of her:

1. At night, footsteps slowly walked up the stairs until they reached the top --- then they started over again (I was afraid it was an intruder).

2. At any big gathering with children present (Christmas parties, Thanksgiving, etc.) there would be sounds of drawers opening and closing from upstairs.

3. Occasionally, we'd smell an intense odor of perfume (as if someone had spilled a gallon of it) which would abruptly disappear after a few seconds.

The episodes of perfume-smells continued in our new house, which was next door.

One night, when I drove into my garage (in the new house), I saw a lady standing next to it. There was something odd about her, a strong sense of her being out of place. Her clothing was old-fashioned, but the feeling wasn't connected with that --- there was an eerie stillness about her, as though she wasn't part of time and space.

Then she faded in pieces, completely disappearing in a few seconds.

26. Justin Smith

Justin Smith New Member

I don't think the physical manifestations of the ghost were really physical --- I think she projected intense and intrusive mental images that caused us (and others) to hallucinate them. I don't think the ghost could physically open and close drawers, for instance.

During parties in our old house everyone would hear the drawers opening and closing upstairs (sometimes even asking us about it). After we sold the old house, the new owners experienced the "spilled perfume" smells, too.

27. Charles Stuart

Hi Justin,

From my own experience, I can certainly ascertain that such manifestations ARE physical. Spiritual entities can and do manifest in the physical, but in order to do so they have to make use of an intermediary who may contribute with the necessary energy. This is true for poltergeist manifestations, the Ouija and also for mediumnic communications or manifestations. To manifest in the physical, the spiritual entity needs to make use of the subtle energy of a physical vehicle, known as "plasma". In mediumnic sessions, the entity makes use of telepathic and energetic means in order to manifest... :thumbsup:

Hi Karoliina,

Glad you enjoyed the re-read... :) ;)

28. Deborah

This thread that demonstrates the possibility of existence after death. Anyone have something to share?

Here is an example: Back in November 2002, I met a man named Keith, on the very day his son Jeremy had been murdered; it had been one year later... to the day. Jeremy was beaten with a baseball bat and pushed in front of a moving car. He was 16.

I thought I would share it since it shows life after death as well. As the person receiving the information - I had no way of knowing what this meant at the time. There were several separate "conversations" with Jeremy all of them amazed me, but this one struck me as different.

Jeremy told me and showed me a memory of his so that I would tell his dad that he "remembers" the good times. Jeremy showed me and said to tell his father, that this memory -- and others like it - he holds dear to his heart. He said that his fathers love for him is still with him. This is such a generic thing to tell loved ones.....I asked for confirmation of some sort.

What Jeremy showed me was Keith (The Father) - on a ladder up by the roof of a house. It didn't look like the roof from the front of a house Keith lived in. I saw Jeremy as a little boy handing something up to his father to put on the roof. It felt like a holiday -I assumed Christmas. But didn't see any lights. What he handed up looked like a bundle of some sort. I told Keith about the vision and then the message from Jeremy. He was shocked. When he told me why - so was I!

He said; Jeremy was a funny kid as a little boy. Every year he wanted his Easter Basket up on the roof. So Keith would humor him and climb up on the ladder in the back of the house. Jeremy would hand up the basket - every year until the last few years when he was a teenager, 13 or so.

I believe that Jeremy was showing me, so perhaps I would share with his dad.........his good memories. The little things - I would have no way of knowing.

Like the Easter basket on the roof? Who would have guessed? I have never even heard of anyone doing that!!! My hope was that the message would help Keith know that Jeremy is OK. I believe that the message and the vision was meant to help them both heal from one of the most tragic losses anyone can imagine.

29. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Today, my husband and I were driving past an entrance to a cemetary. I saw a dog there and had full view of the whole lane or road he was on. No one was there but the dog was acting like he was playing with someone. The way a dog will jump towards you if you have a ball or something. It was clear to me that the dog saw someone I didn't. The dog would jump back and forth and look up.

Never have seen anything like it.

30. Cloacina

Cloacina Probationary

Deborah,

I was raised in a family that believed in ghosts, and I believed in ghosts for most of my life.....still sort of do, just experiencing a lot of doubts right now. But, my maternal family members, due to their personal religious beliefs, tended to think ghosts were not spirits of the dead, but something else. Though, on my father's side, they did seem to believe ghosts were souls of the deceased.

My family tends to have a lot of supernatural experiences. Actually, supernatural experiences seem common in the area where I live, and surrounding places. I'm going to share a weird story with you.

When I was little, I heard voices a couple of times in my old home. But I don't think I was crazy. Not only is it fairly common and normal for sane people to have paranormal experiences, it is even more common from what I've noted and been told, for kids to have bizzare experiences and be perfectly sane. Plus, it seems I never heard such things outside of that house, and I think I only heard them a few times in the house. I only remember one time....unless you count that other time when there was a singular voice that had a body. Then make it two times. But I seem to recall thinking (when hearing the disembodied voices), "Oh, no.....not again." I didn't like them much.

Anyway, it ended early in life, and years later, after I was an adult, I started to hear a sound. Like a whole lot of people whispering to one another. At this point I was in a diff. house. It seemed close in a way, yet somehow distant at the same time. I couldn't make out what they were saying. I told myself, perhaps it was just that sound you hear when everything is really quiet- that sort of hum or buzz. I guess it's electricity or something. Some sort of waves. Or maybe the sound of something inside my ear. Just the usual phenomenon. But I kept listening and I thought, no, no....this is too orchestrated, too arranged. It's diff. It has the rythym of speach.....it's like whispering. So, I thought, great...... I'm losing it. I figured if I heard full blown voices again, I might as well say I had went over the edge. But I decided to wait it out.

Now, later on some people said it might be hypnopompic hallucinations- the kind of hallucination caused by waking up amd still being half way in dream state. The moments when I heard these whispering were few, and within a short time period. I do know one day, I had just woken up- not sure about the other times- but I am not sure if it lasted a normal amount of time for such a hallucination. It didn't last a horribly long time, but it seems it lasted longer than what I'd expect a hypnompomic hallucination to ask, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, that same day, I thought I heard someone call out. I can't remember if they said my name or if they just called out something like, "Hey!" Somehow I knew it wasn't real. It wasn't the same as the whispering, or the same as I recalled the voiced when I was a kid. I think it was more in my head, and I knew it. I checked, anyway, and found no one. Maybe there was someone outside I didn't see, though. Since it wasn't a really clear voice and said only one word then went away, I wasn't too terribly worried that I'd past that line I was worried about.

Later that day, my grandma said that the same morning, she'd heard someone holler out, "Hey!" That would have been before I heard it, since I was home alone when it happened. I hadn't told her about it, either.

It went away- the whispering. Anyway, during this time my grandmother was dying. I also ended up diagnosed with a disorder shortly afterwards and it can have neurological affects. I suppose it could have been to blame, but I was sick for awhile after that and didn't get the whispering for the duration of the illness that I can recall.

A few months later my mother came into the room where I was sleeping and asked me if it was normal to hear voices. I think she knew the answer was no, but she asked, anyway. I said no, it's not.....and then I asked her if she'd been hearing voices. Now, my mother had a paranormal experience or two before, but as far as I know, had never heard voices in her entire life up to this point. She said she'd heard something like whispering....like a whole bunch of people whispering to one another, but she couldn't make out the words. It was like she had described my experience to me. She said it'd went on for about an hour (or maybe she said about 2 hours), but had stopped at this point. Now, I don't know if she'd just woken up when it started happening, but I do know an hour is a long time to have a hypnopompic hallucination. But either way, it only happened for her this one time. So I don't think we can say she's crazy.

My therapist told me this was common in depression. I looked for it online. I finally came across one post on a forum by a woman saying her daughter's therapist said her hearing whispering was caused by her depression. So, apparently, it's not that common. My therapist also once told me something VERY bizzare was common and normal. He just wants me to think everything is perfectly normal. So, I think he downplayed how unusual it was, but due to the online post, I figured he was telling the truth about depression being a possible cause. Also, later, when experiencing phantom ring tone phenomenon (actually, common, apparently.....), he said if it wasn't an ear prob. it might be depression. I think he's legit about it being a possible cause. And my mother and I, sharing genetics, and both going through a depressing period, could be expected to react to our depression in a similar manner. BUT the thing is, I'd been depressed before, and never heard such a thing. Though, one might say this depression was deeper, or longer lasting, BUT my mother had experienced major depression before, and had never experienced such a thing before. It seems odd to me we both experienced it so close together.

Later, I spoke to a guy online who claimed when he was ill and a relative dying- his dad I think- he also heard a sound like this. He said it sounded like someone had the t.v. on in the other room. I guess it kind of does.

I've also heard when people astral project, they sometimes hear a buzzing, a humming, or what sounds like a bunch of disembodied voices humming out of harmony with one another, etc. It made me wonder......