visiting where we lived before

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Aquaria, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

Hi Mikesnana:

How wonderful you are surrounded by so much history, but it's also too bad you cannot bring yourself to revisit it. Have you thought of going for a visit to one of the local sites with someone you trust for support? Or, a guided tour with a group? May I be so bold as to suggest that fear is False Evidence Appearing Real, and the only way to face that fear is head on. Remember, you are in the here and now and simply taking a ride into the past. :D :D :D

2. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

mikesnana, I spent 7 years in Virginia, in the midst of Civil War history, which I've always been avid about, but also never visited any areas. My excuse was my disabilities, and my inability to walk far. I'm sure I could have found ways to see everything, if I had really tried. You might start by searching for "reenactment" sites or groups on the web. Maybe attend a meeting of such a group as a way of easing into an actual visit. Someone from such a group might be willing to be your guide. Do it for the both of us.

John

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Has anyone else visited a place they lived in a past life?

4. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I visited London 3 times, but the first time made the biggest emotional impression on me, although that was in the eighties, long before I got really interested in reincarnation and past life memories

I remember when I visited the city for the first time, I just loved it ! And most extraordinary, as I am in the present lifetime really bad in remembering directions and get lost even in neighbouring towns, which often frightens me somewhat, in London I felt completely at ease. I knew I would always find my way to the hotel, and I loved wandering through all the 'corners of the city'. I also was very sad when I had to leave again. It really felt like a home town to me.

I remember living there in Victorian times, as a girl who died at age 12. But I often wonder if I didn't spend another, adult, lifetime there, that made me more acquainted with the city. Because, in that particular life, I was ill for some time, maybe a few years, and I don't think I had much opportunity as a young child of upper class family, to wander through the city often enough to remember and feel at home on every side of it.

Eevee

5. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

I would love to visit some places from pastlives, but unfortunately I have not had the chance to travel overseas yet maybe one day.

Kind Regards
    Kay

6. cottonBall

cottonBall cottonBall

i'm not sure if this counts, but we'll see.

my immediate family is of the general opinion that we go through cycles together. when i was living abroad last year, my mother and her companion came over to visit me. we met in london for the christmas holiday. i had already been there before, and so had they, but separately. we wound up going out to hampton court, henry VIII's old stomping grounds. my mum's companion knows his way around that place as it stands now, and i'm not sure when or how it has been redesigned over the years, but he doesn't even need the little map. contrastingly, mother gets very, very confused by the entire place. and she is the one with actual, very vivid PL memories of henry VIII's period.

anyway, her companion gets little tickles on the back of his neck when something i suppose spiritually relevant is happening to him. he's not a big believer, otherwise. but i remember my mother gleefully telling me that "they had tickled the back of his neck" the first time they went to hampton court. the second time, with me, he stopped walking as soon as we got through the gates and my mum and i kept going for a few steps before we turned around. his face was completely white. you could tell he'd been tickled again, haha.

anyway, as for me, i've always had a fascination with tudor england. but i generally write it off. (i'm fascinated by a lot of different historical periods). we were wandering around the gardens of this palace or castle or whatever you want to call it. there is a maze back there. we decided to go through. i was leading. i got us through that maze in less than a minute, without a single false turn. i remember being very cold, haha. i just wanted to get through it. i was walking very quickly and didn't make any mistakes. i have no idea why that would be, since other families were getting very frustrated with themselves and the layout of the place. i knew exactly where i was going. i didn't realize how odd that was until after the fact when my mother was gaping at me.

so, who knows!

but my mother's companion keeps having these experiences on their little jaunts over to europe. on that same trip to the UK, we were up in scotland and i thought he was going to pass out standing next to me. as a boy, he had always had dreams of a house on a hill. we were driving up through the highlands and had stopped to get a cup of coffee. staring up out the back of this little coffeeshop, there were hills and sheep and a single run down house. apparently it was the house from his dream. we took a picture of him with the view behind him and he looks absolutely petrified. my mother was of course very satisfied, haha.

there are other stories, too, but these are the most closely related to mine!

7. ashurie

ashurie curious

I wish to travel over to Japan - hopefully in the near future. I and very drawn to Kyoto, and to the Gion District - where all the Geisha once lived. I also want to see Mibu Temple...where the Shinsengumi once lived as well. I'll be completely honest - I have no interest in visiting Tokyo..and that is true. I would also like to visit Hiroshima...but i guess that is natural for any visitor to Japan ^^;;

8. Treehugger

Treehugger Senior Registered

I want to return to Los Angeles to live because I am remembering some details about a former life there, and the more vacations I take to the Big Orange, the more memories surface. Unfortunately the career I now have pays so poorly that I can't see how I could afford a decent house in a good neighborhood out there. Such frustrations convince me that most of us are unaware of the process of rebirth when it is happening or about to happen and we let things just happen to us, depending on what was going through our minds at the time of rebirth.

9. mertzie

mertzie Senior Registered

It's tough not being "home"...

Treehugger, I can sympathize with wanting to move back a spot you were previously happy and still feel "right" in. I do, however, think that our current lives are much more planned out and we are quite aware of our new soul "choice" of home. From what I can tell, it's all about the challenge and not the comfort. :eek: There's a reason (or two or three...) that you can't easily move back to LA. Maybe you have karma where you are now, or maybe you need some prodding to find a higher-paying (and perhaps more satisfying?) career, so you can move to LA. OR maybe you just need to let LA go in favor of the next adventure.... Like you, I would SO love to live again in places I feel at home and where the surroundings add to my happiness. Often it is money (or lack of) that keeps us stuck where we are, and maybe it's supposed to work that way.

Ashurie - I know I've had Asian lifetimes and would enjoy parts of Japan, but, like you, I would avoid Tokyo. How depressing, how unlike the old ways. Have a wonderful trip when you go.

I have really mixed feelings about visiting former past life homes. I'll write more about that later.:rolleyes:

10. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Greetings Mertzie!!!!

Somehow over time I've missed this thread. Since childhood I have had a longing for my grandmother's farm. As a child, I spent summers there. These were days of such happiness and completion for me. I was just a happy, happy kid. But leaving the farm was so painful that I'd get sick when ever I thought about leaving. As the days drew near I'd be overcome with such sadness I'd have to run to the fields or barn to cry. On the day of departure I was always a basket case...I could not look my grandmother in the eyes, for the anguish was too great.

Years and years past....and I moved around the world. But I always had the farm in my mind. In the early 90s I had the opportunity to retire to my grandmother's hometown. As I stated in other posts I learned of reincarnation and a very, very powerful past life at that farm. In a way, my childhood longings were directly related to an earlier life. I wonder now what things I spoke about in that 3 to 6 year old window of memory, some children have. It was such a powerful pull to me, there must have been some references.

Now as an adult I was fortunate to purchase a ranch back in the 90's and "coincidentally," or perhaps very synchronously, it is a stones throw from my grandmother's place. The home there is no longer lived in and is in ruins. But to answer the question you originally posed YES...I do go back, and YES I do feel such completion there! Although the place is in ruins I can still feel the life then! It has taken me several years and some serious maturing in this thing we call reincarnation, to accept the state of disrepair. For a long time I was angry at people (family) for not taking better care of the place. But now I see it as a marker of time...it must change and I must see and accept that.

When I need a powerful spiritual moment I return to the house and go to the bed room where She died. As I sit there the reality of that life returns. It's as if I relive it again...the smells, the hot, dim room....the utter despair and horrid anguish. I've been given strength in this life to return there....and from there, learn lessons I can't even begin to tell you about. Without those dreadful, tragic memories I would never have understood what depth love could have. It's not a story easily told, it is something that I was meant to live and experience.

I think that those of us who have past life memories can return to those sacred places from past lives. But I think we must be prepared to comprehend them in the light of passing time. And also with a mature grasp of reincarnation, karma and the spirituality of existence. When it all comes together, it is, for sure, a profound and enlightening experience. These "places" are markers, symbols of the greater journey. For me returning there is a ritual, a rite of this existence.

Tinkerman

11. Ailish

Mertzie!!!!

It's so nice to see you! I hope you've been doing well. :D

I'd love to hear more when you have the time to share!

Ailish

12. mertzie

Thanks, Tinkerman and Ailish, for the welcome....

...I want say to welcome "back" but don't know if I will have the time. I wish I did. It's just fun checking back in, and I am always amazed at Tinkerman's story, which he so feelingly tells.

See...we do end up where we're supposed to be.--Doesn't mean it's easy or where our ego wants to be all the time, but it works for the resolution of some of our soul's goals.

I recently learned of a past life in Concord, MA. To make a really long story short, one of my best friends is a professional psychic (she's the real deal - have known her since we were tiny), and one of our favorite things to do now is have her "look" at literary figures she knows little about and about whom I know quite a lot (I'm an English teacher). I spring the person on her, like Emily Dickinson or Shakespeare, and away she goes!

I told her I felt a strong connection to Nathaniel Hawthorne, whose stories I teach, and my psychic friend saw me as his neighbor in Concord. After she completely nailed Hawthorne (life/personality) without knowing anything about him (except he was a writer), she said, "The records are there; you can find the information about yourself as Hawthorne's neighbor."

Well, it didn't take long. I found a fellow similar to the one she described as Hawthorne's neighbor, and she confirmed it. We were both so excited, and I immediately decided to visit Concord as soon as possible! I had known so many beloved figures in that lifetime, including the Alcotts, that it just felt good. Then I read further.

I tried to paste the article I'm referring to here but it didn't work. Just google Ephraim Wales Bull "images."

In spite of a good first 60 years, Mr. Bull sunk into bitterness in his old age. It really felt bad to realize this, and I suddenly did NOT want to go to Concord, in spite of the fact that I know I would love the town. It just made me so sad.

Now that I am distancing myself a bit from the initial reaction, I am still considering going to Concord one day, but I really need my head screwed on straight to do it.

Thanks for listening.:) Mary

13. mertzie

P.s.

;) Ephraim's life also shows how different politically and philosophically we can be from lifetime to lifetime.

I tend to view him in a kinder light than the article. Hawthorne and the other Transcendentalist writers wanted to create a distinctly American body of literature. I'm sure Mr. Bull was inspired to do the same with grapes. :)

14. Modaki

Modaki New Member

its weird because i live extremely close to where I lived in my last life. :eek:~

I even used to pass it on my way to school. However, its no longer standing. its been torn down before I was born in this time and is now a firestation. :/ Can't say i've ever 'visited' it.

I can remember being barely old enough to look out the back seat window and clearly thinking, 'well, as long as it they tore it down to build a fire station I guess its alright.'

15. Ailish

Wow Mertzie!

What a fabulous story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I'll be waiting patiently -- and hoping to hear more about a trip to Concord in the future. :)

Aili

16. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Mary....sure would like to hear more about this also.

It was interesting to note that a friend sent me the following link to a Youtube video. It is filmed in an area not too far from me, east a drive. What is interesting, besides the beautiful Kansas landscape, is the "knowing" in the man's voice as he tries to describe a familiarity with this place. I have always had a very similar love of this land....part of a Native Peoples life. Enjoy!!
    The Flinthills of Kansas

Tinkerman

17. mertzie

What a beautiful video!

Ailish - Thanks for your well wishes; I thank you and Tinkerman for listening.

Wow, Tman, that film is amazing. I enjoyed my morning coffee to it. In just a few minutes, I think I regained appreciation for a special terrain and way of perceiving. I've been raised in the land of trees and mountains, land dotted by everything - overcrowded with people, roads, and buildings. Boy, did those flinthills look nice! This is so offensive, but many people say "there's nothing there" in Kansas. Even Barbara Kingsolver in a book I teach the kids (The Bean Trees) disparages the middle of the country. I can see that that's completely untrue.

What a beautiful way to start the day! I thought the "knowing" in the man's voice was possibly him remembering a Native lifetime, or perhaps the land connected with him energetically, in a mystical way - or both.

Have you told us about your Native lifetime. Tman? Thanks again for the video! :thumbsup:

18. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Deja-vu like memories / visiting places PLs lived.

Hello,

How common is it for strong deja-vu memories to surface when visiting places that a person's past-life may have lived?

Lately, I've been reconsidering the East-Coast city my PL lived; as I've never experienced any deja-vu memories the few times I've visited, and spent time in the city my PL may (and now may not) have lived. Instead, I'm looking at a nearby city I've never visited; as my meditation memories seem to match the historical sites e.g., buildings, parks.

I'm attempting to make further correalations with geneological information.

Hope these findings finally provide strong clues as to where my PL may have lived.

later,

Marc

19. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I believe it's very much possible to have spontaneous PL memories when/after visiting a plave where you've been before, but it doesn't happen necessarily.

I have often felt familiarity travelling to some place, but never have the memories come straight away. But last May, when I was in Slovenia, the scenery was a trigger for PL memories from Japan, which surfaced for the first time in Slovenia.

Karoliina

20. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Natural landmarks as PL triggers.

Hello,

Has anybody experienced strong deja-vu like memories of past times when visiting natural landmarks e.g., Niagara Falls, The Grand Canyon, Yosemite Park, etc.?

Is it possible that visiting natural landmarks may act as past-life triggers; as natural features may evoke "stronger experiences" than landmarks such as monuments, buildings, etc.?

later,

Marc

21. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Marc,

I believe that any scenery can act as a past life memory trigger. Some people also say that for example age old rocks or even trees carry with them energy that you can recognise when coming back to them.

Karoliina

22. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I returned to my hometown not so long ago, I hadn't been back there since I left 25 years ago, and I hardly recognized the place. But the city is situated in the middle of a "triangle" of 3 large and shapely hills, and they were the only things that caught my eye and brought back the memories of my childhood.... they hadn't changed a bit, except the trees had grown a bit taller - ;)

So I think it's very likely Marc, that natural features can also trigger pastlife memories in this way. After all, architecture changes over the years, buildings are pulled down and new one's built in their place. But the natural surroundings change very little, and most probably look the same as they did decades and even centuries ago.

23. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Whenever I'm in a tundra-like, barren landscape I feel something very strongly. I believe I had a life in the paleolithic or mesolithic period and those feelings could be ascribed to that probably although I'm not sure. Unfortunately I haven't visited such places for a long time, last time was many years ago before I really thought about my own past lives. I may get something more specific if I visited such a place today.

Other than that sounds of nature have triggered memories more than once. Especially the sound of a summer breeze that makes the leaves rattle.

:)

24. arg

arg New Member

I live in a semi-arid plain but when it snows a bit in the winter it can resemble a tundra like landscape and I get feelings of nostalgia too, especially if it's dusk and the winter wind is hollowing through the grass. But I can't say when or where I recognize it from.

25. Klarry

Klarry Senior Registered

I remember being driven through the local countryside when I was about six. It was a dark, gloomy day and the rain was pouring down. I was kneeling up, staring out of the back window with my head resting sleepily on my arms and I remember us turning a corner and seeing a house and instantly being hit with recognition that I had lived in that area a long time before. That was purely from seeing a bend in the road and an old house.

I've also had recognition not from a landmark as such but from walking along a road and passing the rebuilt site of somewhere I used to live. Obviously, the resonance of that geographical spot was still strong despite the re-development.